The myth of "Islamophobia" in America

YOU GUYS ARE INTOLERANT OF OUR INTOLERANCE AND THAT MAKES YOU INTOLERANT TOO SO NYAH NYAH NYAH. I'M RUBBER AND YOU'RE GLUE SO ANYTHING YOU SAY BOUNCES OFF OF ME AND STICKS TO YOU.

That's your argument. That our distaste for you wanting to create a hierarchy of citizen classes in the US makes us as bad as you are, because we think your ideas are backwards and bigoted - but now we're hypocrites as well, yes? because we do not tolerate your intolerance; correct?

Yet again you guys still assume right off the bat that thinking the mosque is insensitive = intolerance of muslims. Get a grip on reality, stop being so happy to condemn white people to bigotry, its nothing less than people saying most muslims are terrorists.
How are 61% of Americans being intolerant of islam? If this were actually the case, and they really are just being intolerant of islam then wouldn't 61% of Americans be against building ANY mosque?

Oops now you will all abandon the so proudly held math and go back to insulting...ridiculous.

I'll ask once again Knoell, and hopefully you'll have an answer.

Let's assume the opposition to non-ground zero mosques is not based on islamophobia.

What other reasons do these people have for opposing the building of these mosques?

Bigotry
1.stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Now Knoell will argue that the people protesting against these mosques have no problem with Islam, it's just the building. Just like the people who fire bombed the building equipment here in Murfreesboro are just pissed that procedure wasn't followed.

You can ask a million times, stop being mentally incapacitated and look through the rest of the thread. The reasons are there, you obviously disagree and believe the majority of US citizens are bigots. Which most of you have admittedly stated the people against this were white people so therefore you believe most white people are bigots. Some of you have said that directly.

How does generalizing most white people to be bigots differ from generalizing most most muslims to be terrorists?

Oh thats right you "know" they are all being intolerant. You just know. fucking ridiculous. You are allowed to generalize and degrade a group of people because you disagree with them. Again fucking ridiculous, and disgraceful.

[quote name='Strell']Why do white people call the shots on intolerance for other races? I've never understood this.[/QUOTE]

Still no answer here.

[quote name='Knoell'] You can ask a million times, stop being mentally incapacitated and look through the rest of the thread. The reasons are there,[/QUOTE]

Bullshit, they're not there. It's not that hard for you to post if it's so obvious. Again, if it's not islamophobia driving opposition to ground zero mosques, what is it? It's a mystery to me.

[quote name='IRHari']Bullshit, they're not there. It's not that hard for you to post if it's so obvious. Again, if it's not islamophobia driving opposition to ground zero mosques, what is it? It's a mystery to me.[/QUOTE]

WOW Are you serious? Insensitivity. Search for the word through this and the other thread, and you will find many explanations of why they are upset about it. It isn't my fault you don't accept or believe their reasoning.

Such hypocrites. "Don't call muslims terrorists, all you mostly white bigoted intolerant people."

Whoops, meant to say 'driving opposition to 'NON-ground zero mosques'. Answer the question again please, with that correction in mind.

[quote name='Strell']Still no answer here.[/QUOTE]

white hegemony. you'll see it in action in a moment when knoell or someone else acts positively outraged - OUTRAGED!!! - that someone suggests white people have it better off in society than every other ethnic group/racial category.

"BUT I DON'T HAVE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!!!!" or somesuch.

[quote name='Strell']Why do white people call the shots on intolerance for other races? I've never understood this.[/QUOTE]

white people have bigger/better guns?

[quote name='Knoell']WOW Are you serious? Insensitivity. Search for the word through this and the other thread, and you will find many explanations of why they are upset about it. It isn't my fault you don't accept or believe their reasoning.

Such hypocrites. "Don't call muslims terrorists, all you mostly white bigoted intolerant people."[/QUOTE]
:wall:For the last fucking time, it's only insensitive if you equate a group of peaceful Muslims with terrorists.

I'm sorry that you and the rest of these ignorant morons can't get that through your head, but I'm sick of trying.

France is planning the burqa ban:

"women who wear the full veil will be fined about $190 and/or ordered to take a citizenship course. Men found to have forced a woman to wear a niqab or burqa will be sentenced to a year in prison or a $19,000 fine. After a review by the Constitutional Council, the bill will likely become law early next year."

Who gives a shit what France wants to ban? How does that affect Islamophobia in America? Does it make you feel better that other countries are as intolerant as we are?

[quote name='depascal22']Who gives a shit what France wants to ban? How does that affect Islamophobia in America? Does it make you feel better that other countries are as intolerant as we are?[/QUOTE]

Nope it just goes to show that there are bigger fish to fry who are being directly intolerant, than the ones you guys are frying for being what you call "oversensitive" that 3000 people died.

[quote name='depascal22']Who gives a shit what France wants to ban? How does that affect Islamophobia in America? Does it make you feel better that other countries are as intolerant as we are?[/QUOTE]

Did you even read the bolded part Knoell?

Also, still waiting to hear the other reasons why people oppose non-ground zero mosques.

[quote name='IRHari']Did you even read the bolded part Knoell?

Also, still waiting to hear the other reasons why people oppose non-ground zero mosques.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for you to understand that you disagreeing with their reason does not make their reason any less relavent, or definate.

They don't have a relevant reason to begin with. The fact that the 9/11 hijackers share a religion with these people is completely irrelevant.

[quote name='tivo']France is planning the burqa ban:

"women who wear the full veil will be fined about $190 and/or ordered to take a citizenship course. Men found to have forced a woman to wear a niqab or burqa will be sentenced to a year in prison or a $19,000 fine. After a review by the Constitutional Council, the bill will likely become law early next year."[/QUOTE]

This is the part I really like in the law. The rest is about intentionally ostracizing muslims by making them feel like second rate citizens, and trying to curb immigration from so-called Muslim countries.

Europeans worried about Muslim expasnsion into Europe isn't surprising in the least. Frankly, be thankful they're only passing laws.

Let's just be clear. Knoell has stated there are many reasons for opposing non-ground zero mosques. He says those many reasons are NOT islamophobia.

He has not been able to list a single reason. This is a fact. He should be called out on his bullshit deflecting.

[quote name='IRHari']He should be called out on his bullshit deflecting.[/QUOTE]

Knoell gets called out all the time, he doesn't care about honesty.

[quote name='Knoell']Nope it just goes to show that there are bigger fish to fry who are being directly intolerant, than the ones you guys are frying for being what you call "oversensitive" that 3000 people died.[/QUOTE]

How does it feel to trade in your moral integrity for "we're marginally better then France"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/23/national/main6893460.shtml

Texas' State Board of Education - following a long history of throwing itself into "culture war" issues - is set to vote Friday on a resolution calling on textbook publishers to limit what they print about Islam in world history books.

The resolution cites world history books no longer used in Texas schools that it says devoted more lines of text to Islamic beliefs and practices than Christian beliefs and practices.

"Diverse reviewers have repeatedly documented gross pro-Islamic, anti-Christian distortions in social studies texts," reads a draft of the resolution, which would not be binding on future boards that will choose the state's next generation of social studies texts.

The measure was first suggested to the board this summer by Odessa businessman Randy Rives, who lost his Republican primary bid for a seat on the panel earlier this year.

The conservative-leaning and heavily evangelical Christian board pushed the item to a vote.

Board member Pat Hardy, R-Fort Worth, suggested the issue may be moot because none of the books cited by Rives still are being used in Texas, having been replaced in 2003, and said Rives "might want to go back and get newer copies of the books."

Don McLeroy, who is serving the final months of his term after also losing in the GOP primary, said he believes even current textbooks still reflect an anti-Christian bias.

"The biggest problem I saw was their overreach not to be 'ethnocentric,"' McLeroy said of an Advanced Placement world history book approved in 2003 and still in use. "It's a very, very, very, very biased book. Christianity didn't even make it in the table of contents."

McLeroy is one of the most outspoken of a group of board members who have pushed several conservative requirements for social study textbooks used in Texas, including that teachers cover the Judeo-Christian influences of the nation's Founding Fathers.

This shit is embarrassing.

I'd like to see a history book as written by far-right Texans to see what the inverse of "overreaching not to be 'ethnocentric'" is. I'd imagine it be like translating a North Korean textbook and replacing every reference to Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-Il with God and Jesus, respectively.

[quote name='IRHari']Let's just be clear. Knoell has stated there are many reasons for opposing non-ground zero mosques. He says those many reasons are NOT islamophobia.

He has not been able to list a single reason. This is a fact. He should be called out on his bullshit deflecting. [/QUOTE]

Haha this is hilarious, I also would like IRHari to look back a few pages in the ground zero thread where I responded to someones question about non ground zero mosques. I don't need to reinact your hypothetical strawman situation in which you slightly alter the situation in order to prove your position relevant. If you want to talk about the tennessee mosque lets talk about it, but why are we talking about an imaginary mosque in quahog?

I quoted you arguing with me. What part of that involves a third party?

Unless you are now going to admit that EVERYONE against the mosque is not bigoted or racist? I would like a confirmation from you on that, since you are taking the position that you never made that argument.

[quote name='Knoell']I have told you the reasons, you won't accept them. 1. People feel it is insensitive. 2. The guy is building it there because it is near ground zero. 3. It will be a tool for the extremists. Edit: I should clarify that by tool, I mean recruiting, morale, etc not a physical tool.

If you disagree with those reasons, fine, but how is it fair to say "oh thats not a good enough reason, you must just hate muslims"? [/QUOTE]

This right here proves IRHari to be a liar, but he will claim these reasons aren't "good enough" to be reasons for people to be against it, so they must not actually be reasons at all.

Groupthink 4eva.

1st of all, that part where you quote me is BEFORE you address non-gz mosque in the GZ mosque thread. Nice try.

Second, that part where you quote yourself is extremely misleading:

Originally Posted by Knoell
I have told you the reasons, you won't accept them. 1. People feel it is insensitive. 2. The guy is building it there because it is near ground zero. 3. It will be a tool for the extremists. Edit: I should clarify that by tool, I mean recruiting, morale, etc not a physical tool.

You are addressing the reasons why people oppose the GZ mosque. It doesnt prove me to be a liar because I was asking you to address why people would oppose NON GZ MOSQUES, other then pure islamophobia. I don't know if you're stupid or evil but either way you're misleading people with your previous post.

There's no sensitivity argument to be made with non GZ mosques, I argue it's pure bigotry. You argue it's something else. You haven't shown anyone what that something else is.

[quote name='IRHari']1st of all, that part where you quote me is BEFORE you address non-gz mosque in the GZ mosque thread. Nice try.

Second, that part where you quote yourself is extremely misleading:

You are addressing the reasons why people oppose the GZ mosque. It doesnt prove me to be a liar because I was asking you to address why people would oppose NON GZ MOSQUES, other then pure islamophobia. I don't know if you're stupid or evil but either way you're misleading people with your previous post.

There's no sensitivity argument to be made with non GZ mosques, I argue it's pure bigotry. You argue it's something else. You haven't shown anyone what that something else is.[/QUOTE]

Why do you call them Non-Gz mosques it confuses things, name what site you want to talk about, is anyone even protesting them anymore?

I still don't know why you are going on about the other mosques, I have never defended them, I have said I don't know much about whats going on with them, and the people protesting those ones arent a rabid majority as you suggested. I don't know the reasons they are protesting them, and it seems you don't either. Your lack of knowledge of a reason does not, and should not default to bigotry though. Thats not a defense of them, its a defense against your lack of knowledge.

As for the insults in your post, I am trying to follow the hoops you are making me jump through, one post you are talking about the GZ mosque, then you mistakenly ask me about the GZ when you meant Non-GZ mosque, when everyone else is still talking about the GZ mosque, create another thread if you want to talk about the non-gz mosques, I would be willing to read up on them.

Two weeks ago, vandals spraypainted the words “Worship Satan” and drew a pentagon along the side of the Masjid Qooba mosque in St. Louis. The FBI immediately began investigating the incident, but made no arrests.
Now, vandalism has once again befallen the mosque. The words “Worship Satan” were spray-painted over a different wall of the same mosque, alarming its worshippers. The FBI and St. Louis Police are both investigating the incident, and suspect the same vandals from the incident two weeks earlier may be responsible.
In an interview with local news station KMOV, mosque spokesman Tim Kaminski said the mosque is not interested in pursuing charges against the vandal or vandals. “What we would like is for this person to come forward and come clean,” said Kaminski. “We have no rancor, no anger. We want to talk to this person. Explain to them what Islam is, that we worship the same God as the Christian and Jewish traditions do.”

Pure bigotry. Anyone disagree?

[quote name='IRHari']Pure bigotry. Anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]

No, this is clearly protected freedom of speech. If we can't vandalize Muslim properties in this great country of ours without repurcussion, then the terrorists have already won. The mosque shouldn't have been in St. Louis in the first place. The Saint Louis died near Tunis in 1270...Tunisia...a muslim country...which may have radicals present, or were present, or will be present. It was douchy of the muzlums to build a mosque in a city named after a Saint.

Defended with links:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09368a.htm
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15088a.htm

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Nort...many-faithful-and-too-many-prayers-17427.html

Indonesians must all hate and fear christians. CHRISTIANPHOBIA. :roll::roll:

A thousand muslims burn down two churches in the beginning of the year, I didn't hear a word, and your likely defense is "its just a minority, or they didn't have the correct permits".

Likely one person spray paints a sign of satan on a mosque, and "OMGZ AMERICA IS ISLAMOPHOBIC"

Here's the question again, do you think indonesians have a phobia of christians?

[quote name='Knoell']http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Nort...many-faithful-and-too-many-prayers-17427.html

Indonesians must all hate and fear christians. CHRISTIANPHOBIA. :roll::roll:

A thousand muslims burn down two churches in the beginning of the year, I didn't hear a word, and your likely defense is "its just a minority, or they didn't have the correct permits".

Likely one person spray paints a sign of satan on a mosque, and "OMGZ AMERICA IS ISLAMOPHOBIC"

Here's the question again, do you think indonesians have a phobia of christians?[/QUOTE]

Knoell, the terrorists have won. That's the only answer I have for you. I call for an immediate military operation into Indonesia. They need to have a new democracy installed, and have a transitition plan for getting new leaders in place. They should also keep growing lots of coffee, because I really enjoy it.

I don't know about you, but I'm writing to my city councilmen demanding action!

Indonesia and America are one and the same, only they're Asian...and have their own laws and customs...and different political and social issues, and a different language...and they grow lots of coffee, we don't. Other than that though, they are identical. Oh and, like us, they are a series of islands, organized as a country since Jesus first stepped foot in North America.

Edit: Well goddammit, I just skimmed the article. Let me break from character for a second...the churches were built without permits according to the article. Let me clarify my position: Legal permit ("GZ" COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque) build, baby, build. No legal permit? (2 Indonesian Churches or GZ COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque) F you. Don't build it. Tear it down if it's up.

How you continue to screw up simple comparisons, I do not understand. Just through dumb luck you've got to get one of them right eventually, right?

[quote name='berzirk']Knoell, the terrorists have won. That's the only answer I have for you. I call for an immediate military operation into Indonesia. They need to have a new democracy installed, and have a transitition plan for getting new leaders in place. They should also keep growing lots of coffee, because I really enjoy it.

I don't know about you, but I'm writing to my city councilmen demanding action!

Indonesia and America are one and the same, only they're Asian...and have their own laws and customs...and different political and social issues, and a different language...and they grow lots of coffee, we don't. Other than that though, they are identical. Oh and, like us, they are a series of islands, organized as a country since Jesus first stepped foot in North America.

Edit: Well goddammit, I just skimmed the article. Let me break from character for a second...the churches were built without permits according to the article. Let me clarify my position: Legal permit ("GZ" COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque) build, baby, build. No legal permit? (2 Indonesian Churches or GZ COMMUNITY CENTER and mosque) F you. Don't build it. Tear it down if it's up.

How you continue to screw up simple comparisons, I do not understand. Just through dumb luck you've got to get one of them right eventually, right?[/QUOTE]

If a bunch of christians burned a muslims house down because he was having 25 sing and pray in it, would you really be arguing that he didn't have the permit to be a church? Or would you be arguing ISLAMOPHOBIA!!!

[quote name='Knoell']If a bunch of christians burned a muslims house down because he was having 25 sing and pray in it, would you really be arguing that he didn't have the permit to be a church? Or would you be arguing ISLAMOPHOBIA!!![/QUOTE]

Is stupidity painful? I've always wondered.

Yes, if a mosque or prayer center was built in Indonesia without a permit, I would be just fine if a band of Christians armed with bulldozers and gasoline, burned it to the ground. If either structure had all the necessary permits, I would be indifferent to its construction, and certainly wouldn't bitch about it being built...uh oh...we're starting to approach relevancy territory to the Park 51 building...are you prepared?

Or was that band of singers and congregants "douchy" for building/creating their church without getting permits?

(Edit: Side note-Personally, I've always hated the idea that slapping "phobia" at the end of a word commonly gets used interchangeably for people who just don't like a group. I don't claim Islamaphobia when people destroy muslim property, attack muslims, or oppose the legal construction of mosques. If people just don't like Islam, that's fine, they shouldn't be muslim then. If they don't like muslims, then they are bigots. I don't like eating just vegetables. I do not have vegetarianphobia. I have nothing against the people. If you're committing acts of violence or aggression against people because they are muslim, then you are a bigot. Maybe this will help clarify my position on "Islamaphobia".)

[quote name='berzirk']Is stupidity painful? I've always wondered.

Yes, if a mosque or prayer center was built in Indonesia without a permit, I would be just fine if a band of Christians armed with bulldozers and gasoline, burned it to the ground. If either structure had all the necessary permits, I would be indifferent to its construction, and certainly wouldn't bitch about it being built...uh oh...we're starting to approach relevancy territory to the Park 51 building...are you prepared?

Or was that band of singers and congregants "douchy" for building/creating their church without getting permits?[/QUOTE]

I am fairly certain it is not lawful to burn entire buildings down because they don't have permits in indonesia.

Also the buildings were allowed, as long as they called them "places of prayer", not "churches".

Both burned churches - two adjoining buildings - belong to the Synod of the Protestant Batak Church (Huria Kristen Batak Protestant, Hkbp), and are Pentecostal churches, whose faithful belong predominantly to the ethnic Batak group. Even their liturgies, with dances and songs are in Batak language.
According to police, neither of the two buildings had a building permit and had to be considered "places of prayer" and not "churches". In Indonesia, to build a church a special legal permit (Izin Mendirikan Bangunan, IMB) is necessary. The process to get the permit is almost always hard and the Islamic community has boycotted the emergence of new churches. This lack of legal permits has become the main source of Muslims violence against Christians.

Anyways all this is beside the point. Would you like me to find some other church burning in a primarilly muslim country? You and me both know they are out there, and with permits. :roll:

GASP! Christianphobia has hit home in America!!!1! http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=11954507

It is a wonder why this hasn't been on the news.

There have now been eleven church fires since late December in East Texas, with nine confirmed as arson. In the order they happened, those are:
  • First Baptist Church of Kerens - Corsicana
  • Little Hope Baptist Church - Van Zandt County
  • Faith Baptist Church - Athens
  • Grace Community Church - Athens
  • Lake Athens Baptist Church - Athens
  • Tyland Baptist Church - Tyler
  • First Church of Christ, Scientist - Tyler
  • Fellowship Church of Prairie Creek - Lindale
  • Russell Memorial United Methodist Church - Wills Point
  • Dover Baptist Church - Carrol
  • Clear Spring Missionary Baptist Church - Carrol

[quote name='Knoell']I am fairly certain it is not lawful to burn entire buildings down because they don't have permits in indonesia.

Also the buildings were allowed, as long as they called them "places of prayer", not "churches".

Anyways all this is beside the point. Would you like me to find some other church burning in a primarilly muslim country? You and me both know they are out there, and with permits. :roll:[/QUOTE]

If you've got that much free time you certainly could. It's not really something that's ever interested me enough to look into. Kind of creepy that you're fascinated by it, but to each their ow. How 'bout churches in the US that are burnt down by muslims. I mean, if you wanted to actually stay relevant.

I'm going to go hunt down links where it's proven Russians melted down the igloos of native eskimos, you know, for more relevant research.

Edit: Nevermind, I give up. You really are that stupid. Just saw your last post listing church burnings in Texas. Rest assured, I'm done replying to you in this thread too. I'm afraid my keyboard is going to go on strike if I continue wasting keystrokes replying to anything you write.

[quote name='berzirk']

Edit: Nevermind, I give up. You really are that stupid. Just saw your last post listing church burnings in Texas. Rest assured, I'm done replying to you in this thread too. I'm afraid my keyboard is going to go on strike if I continue wasting keystrokes replying to anything you write.[/QUOTE]

Lol. nothing to say now. How many mosques have been burnt down in the US altogether? ISLAMOPHOBIA MAN!!!

Man, the political environment we're living in fucking sucks. That somebody has to worry about being called out for wearing a fucking hat? Come on.

"If you'll be quiet you might learn something" I've been waiting to hear someone say that to Bill O'Reilly for years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/nyregion/17king.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

WASHINGTON — The Republican who will head the House committee that oversees domestic security is planning to open a Congressional inquiry into what he calls “the radicalization” of the Muslim community when his party takes over the House next year.

Representative Peter T. King of New York, who will become the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said he was responding to what he has described as frequent concerns raised by law enforcement officials that Muslim leaders have been uncooperative in terror investigations.
The irony? This:

An extraordinary 2005 profile of King by the conservative New York Sun told the story of King's long and deep involvement with the terrorist Irish Republican Army (IRA) and, even more damning, his support for Irish Northern Aid (NORAID), a U.S.-based group accused of funneling guns and money to the IRA. According to the Sun:
Mr. King's support for the IRA was unequivocal. In 1982, for instance, he told a pro-IRA rally in Nassau County: "We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry."​
King was defending the IRA while it was engaged in serious violence.
[T]he IRA took its campaign to Britain - where London's financial district was twice devastated by bombs - and to mainland Europe, where British NATO bases were frequently targeted. The IRA nearly killed Prime Minister Thatcher and her cabinet with a bomb in 1984, and it assassinated prominent British politicians and members of the royal family.​
King's support for the IRA was so outspoken that "y the mid-1980s, the authorities on both sides of the Atlantic were openly hostile to Mr. King. On one occasion, a judge threw him out of a Belfast courtroom during the murder trial of IRA men because, in the judge's view, 'he was an obvious collaborator with the IRA.' When he attended other trials, the police singled him out for thorough body searches." In 1984, "the Secret Service listed him as a threat when President Reagan made a trip to Nassau County to watch a Special Olympics event."

bread's done
Back