The New and Improved Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tnabrain.png

Funny image but of all the oldsters running around TNA, Sting is the one who is still a passable wrestler and has done the most to keep himself fresh. Yeah, the Joker thing is weird but at least he's putting some effort into what he's doing.

Oh yeah, I made the pic to refer to what being in TNA actually DOES to your brain.

Edit: That and I happened to screencap that pic at the exact perfect moment you see there and I'm trying to get as much mileage out of it as I can

[quote name='Halo05']Funny image but of all the oldsters running around TNA, Sting is the one who is still a passable wrestler and has done the most to keep himself fresh. Yeah, the Joker thing is weird but at least he's putting some effort into what he's doing.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't take much effort to rip off the Joker, just like he ripped off The Crow. I'm a lifelong Sting fan, but this joker shit is for the birds. No wonder I stopped watching TNA years ago.

It was so nice to see Impact start with someone who wasn't 50 in a video - the whole thing was devoted to Storm, who cut one hell of a promo during it, then came out to an awesome new theme. Dug his promo and LOLed hard when Joe came out. He at least made a case that he's the toughest guy in TNA's history, instead of now, which Storm brought up and then THE AUTHORITY FIGURE STING came out and made the no. 1 contender's match. Sting badly needs an actual title for this position that doesn't just describe it so generically. Daniels said he didn't quit and that AJ couldn't beat him and neither could RVD. RVD and Daniels had about as good a match as they'll have since RVD gives zero shits now. They did some twitter quotes about fans picking their favorite Jeff Hardy moments, and I'm astonished they didn't do something involving WWE, but instead stuck with just TNA things - kudos to them for treating their own company like a big deal. AJ gave Daniels credit for being a great wrestler bugged me since Daniels TRIED TO MURDER HIM ON PPV. At least he said he wished RVD has squished him with the five-star. RVD won by DQ, and then Daniels dropped the toolbox. That was hilarious. A whole bunch of cleavage walked towards the camera, and Tenay informed us it was Karen, Gail, and Madison. No mention of Traci in the background.

Gail came out and yelled, then Karen yelled, then Gail yelled more, and then a match broke out between Gail and Tara. Gail's new super-bitch character is good, but her mic skills are lacking. Dixie's twitter got plugged. Gail worked GREAT as a heel here, and had a good match with Tara. Probably the best knockouts match in a while from a technical standpoint. Then we went TO THE BACK where Ric blew off Robbie E and gave Eric Bischoff parenting tips. Well, maybe that's better than giving him financial advice. Maybe. And then Jeff Hardy cut a promo about making his return in the ring tonight and possibly being better than ever before. I doubt that, but hope he's made the changes needed to get things right in his life. Again.

Robbie E's got an awesome new intro that involves Rob opening up one velvet rope for him. Which they covered up with his graphic. Great timing there. Loved Taz putting EY over as being wacky, and then EY grappled with the ref. This was an AWESOME little mid-card comedy match. Didn't enjoy the beating after it so much - went on a bit too long. EY buried it, and then said he'd team with Ronnie, who Taz treated like a huge deal by calling him THE Ronnie. Yes, THE Ronnie you see pushing diet pills in cheap 2 AM commercials. Daniels gave Colt a shoutout and then Kaz asked him to be friends again or something. This was stupid. Really liked the Garrett Bischoff video, although it should've aired last week since it actually explained some of the backstory with the bad calls from Garrett. Eric came down, teased kissing a girl in the front row which was kinda creepy, and then cut a very long promo about his son, wasting semen on his creation, the Bischoff legacy being hurt by him and all sorts of shit. It was a very intense promo, and thank God he carried it because Garrett would've sucked out there, but this really killed the momentum of the show, which was at least fun or good until this point. And then they announced that oh yeah, Joe-Roode for the title shot next week is up next. Somehow, that didn't seem important since they didn't give it any attention in this segment - not even reaction-style pre-match promos. Instead of that match, Flair cut an AWESOME raging promo on Garrett for being a pussy. Goddamn this ruled, even though it's clear Eric's surrounding his son with great talkers and top acts so his kid isn't exposed.

At some point, Ray cut a promo about rehab being for quitters, which is a strange knock on Jeff since he didn't go to rehab. They had a good video on Jeff Hardy, which set up...Jeff Jarrett coming out to cut a promo. Dammit. Hardy came out, they fought, Jarrett left, but not before hitting Hardy one more time before the bell rang...and then after a minute, they went to commercial. Terrible timing. Taz said that Hardy showed how much of a main eventer he was by kicking out of an elbow drop. Hardy won after the Twist of Fate/Swanton combo. Good match, largely due to Bully knowing how to play to Jeff's strengths. Not a fan of Bully losing, but it's not a huge deal - he's so good that losses don't hurt him as a main event-level act. Jarrett and Bully then beat up Hardy after the match, so just like the TV Title match, the post-match bit meant more than the actual match. Anderson saved him from a super bomb by running like Mason Ryan down to the ring.

NOW they got around to a pre-match video for the no. 1 contender's match, for Roode. Perfectly fine promo, nothing special. Joe got nothing. Roode's new theme isn't nearly as good as Storm's, which I wanted to buy immediately after hearing it. Chris Hero got a birthday shoutout in sign form thanks to a fan in the intros. Roode and Joe had a very good match, easily Joe's best in many months. And then Tenay brought up that LATER, GARRETT BISCHOFF CONFRONTS HIS FATHER. I'd forgotten about that. Roode won with the fisherman's suplex clean and then Storm came out, they exchanged glances, and told a story with no words. Loved that. And then Bischoff cut a promo about how his son for the REAL main event angle. Yay, THE SECOND BISCHOFF FATHER-SON PROMO OF THE EVENING! Eric was begging the crowd to cheer for him. Eric was just the right amount of smarmy and sincere here. Flair came out, yelled at him, got punched, took a wacky flip bump for the punch giving Eric the chance to attack his son. Tenay talked over this with all the subtlety of Burt Ward's Robin. Flair was really great here, but it saddens me to see Ric out there forced to side with Bischoff AND get his kid over after having to be insulted by him so severely in '98. And the show ended with Tenay reminding everyone THAT RONNIE FROM THE JERSEY SHORE WAS GONNA BE THERE oh and a world title match happens too.

Screens -

C'mon...please fall forward...

Quotes -
Storm - I knew I couldn’t outwrestle Kurt Angle - but everyone makes a mistake. It only takes 3 seconds to beat somebody - I don’t need a half hour! This is for my dad - he passed away when I was 12, and he said I could do whatever I could do. I’m waiting to wake up, but whoever pinches me, I’m knocking the son of a bitch out!
Storm - I’d like to take a moment of you peoples time to tell you that my dad passed away when I was 12, and when we saw WM III and Hogan and Andre did their thing, and I told him I wanted to be a wrestling champion. I’m sure we’ve all been told you couldn’t do it, you don’t kiss enough ass - WELL JAMES STORM DON’T KISS NO ASS! We watched NASCAR, WRESTLING, AND WENT FISHING! DAD, I DID IT! I wanna thank all of you, and there’s another group I wanna thank - guys, come on out here! That songs says FORTUNE 4 and we’re gonna change some things. WE HAVE CHANGED IMPACT WRESTLING! Bobby, I brought you out here cuz we all know it - YOU WAS SCREWED OUT OF YOUR DREAM! Angle screwed you out of the chance you waited your whole life for. Last night, I was drunk and came up with a great idea - you get the first crack at the big hunk of gold here. (Joe comes out)
Joe - So wait, lemme get this straight - I used to be a part of this group. We all fought the good fight - WE FOUGHT AGAINST THE SYSTEM! James, congrats - you’ve transcended that - you’re the world champ. What’s unusual to me is for all the greatness you preach to the business and for the fans, I see the same 4 scumbags that I did well before you got that belt. I SEE ANOTHER BISCHOFF! I SEE ANOTHER IMMORTAL! Keeping t in the family, and with your background, hillbilly, that shouldn’t be too hard. Lemme finish - instead of keeping it in the family and playing favorites, you give him a shot, then AJ, then Kaz, then cousin Elmer? You’re gonna prove it’s a new day - someone who stands up for the boys - YOU’LL GIVE THE SHOT TO THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE EVER IN TNA - ME! SAMOA JOE!
Storm - You see something in all of us and you see that I’m a long-haired redneck - I SEE A DUMB BITCH! It’s a new era - you had your chance. That window is closed. And yer right - that’s a good idea, maybe after Bobby, I give it to AJ and then Kaz CUZ THEY BUST THEIR ASS. WHERE YOU BEEN JOE!? Far asa I know, you got beat by Crimson, and Roode 2 months ago! Why do you need to jump your dumb ass to the front of the line?
Joe - BECAUSE YOU’RE GONNA GIVE A SHOT TO A MAN WHO FAILED MISERABLY!
Tenay - IT’S THE AUTHORITY FIGURE, STING!
Sting - Gentlemen, that’s why I’m here - to settle disputes. Since I’m the judge and jury, I’ll make a ruling. We’ll have a number 1 contender match, Joe versus Roode. The winner will face Storm for the world title IN MACON GEORGIA!
Daniels - AJ DOCTORED THE AUDIO! HE DID THE AUDIO EQUIVALENT OF PHOTOSHOP! He can’t beat Christopher Daniels, and you know who else cant? BOB VAN DAM!
Taz - Can we get a chair here for AJ?
AJ - I should be beating the piss out of Daniels, but out of respect for you guys, I’ll just stay here.
Taz - You can just beat the piss out of him - we wouldn’t mind.
AJ - I hope he squishes him!
Gail - First off, everyone can stop with the tweets and texts asking me WHY GAIL WHY!? Well first off, for starters, IT’S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. I DON’T OWE ANYONE AN EXPLANATION, OKAY! But if you really wanna know why the goody two-shoes Gail Kim gave Velvet a concussion, and sent her home! THAT WAS ME! Yeah, I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY TO GIVE YOU AN EXPLANATION. MY ENTIRE CAREER, ALL I DID WAS WHAT EVERYONE TOLD ME TO DO. FIRST IN TNA, THEN ANOTHER COMPANY, AND THEN IT MIGHT’VE HAPPENED AGAIN IF IT WASN’T FOR KAREN JARRETT! Thank you, Karen! Karen made me realize it’s not about the company you work for OR THE FANS WHO NEVER PUT A DIME IN MY POCKET! IT’S ABOUT ME! ME BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION! ME BEING THE ONE WHO’S NOTICED. AND IT’S ABOUT ME BEING TREATED LIKE THE MAIN EVENTER THAT I ALWAYS WAS AND WILL BE!
Karen - Thank you, and Gail, since I am the queen of my word, and I promised you that if you came back and you stood by my side it would pay off. Right? So at TP, you are gonna get your title match against Velvet! You’re welcome! And the sooner we get that belt off the prostitute and around the waist of the greatest female wrestler in the world, and Gail, that’s you. THE better off we’ll all be.
Gail - I won’t let you down! AND MOST OF ALL, I’M NOT GONNA LET MYSELF DOWN! SO BRING OUT A PIECE OF FRESH MEAT SO I CAN SHOWCASE MY GREATNESS!
Tenay - THE HEAD OF TARA IS BEING SCISSORED!
Taz - I love that hold.
Taz - Special he is!
Taz - SIDE BELLY TO BELLY! Shades of Magnum TA!
Taz - EY RETAINED THE TV CHAMPIONSHIP! And got hit in the back of the head by a moving truck.
EY - Hey, wait… YOU! YOU PUNCHED ME IN MY STOMACH!? WHO DOES THAT!? Look - I’m not good at making decisions. I’ve never been accused of being the smartest guy, big Bobby T, you got involved, NOW I GOTTA BRING IN THE HOLLYWOOD HEAVIES! MACON, GA, I’M BRING IN THE JERSEY SHORE’S RONNIE! THE LAST THING YOU GUYS NEED TO DO, WILL BE WATCHING US FIST PUMP AND PARTY IN MACON, GA!
Taz - THE RONNIE!?
Daniels - Yeah, do the podcast with Colt…
Kaz - Man, I just got the place in Cali - talk to me bro! Hello?
Daniels - I’ll call you when I get home.
Ray - JEFF, DID YOU PISS IN STING’S CORN FLAKES!? YOUR FIRST MATCH BACK AND YOU GET ME!? WE’VE MADE HISTORY TOGETHER, AND I’M THE GUY WHO CAN MAKE YOUR FIRST MATCH BACK YOUR LAST MATCH BACK. I’ve never respected you cuz rehab is for quitters!
Garrett - The last 18 months or year and a half I’ve been here, I’ve done everything my dad told me to do.
Eric - SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP. I’ve got some important family business to take care of here. I try to keep my personal life separate from my professional life, but MY FIRST-BORN SON HAS DECIDED TO MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT NEEDED TO BE! SO GARRETT, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! We’re gonna have a father-son chat. YOU KNOW I DON’T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE LATE - GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE! I’M A BUSY MAN, SO I wanna make something clear. Since you took it upon yourself to embarrass me on NATIONAL TV BY PUNCHING ME BETWEEN THE FREAKIN EYES AND I’M WILLING TO FORGIVE THAT! Look at me, NOT THESE CLOWNS. YOUR FUTURE IS IN FRONT OF YOU! PAY CLOSE ATTENTION! I raised you to follow in my footsteps! HELL, I CONCEIVED YOU SO YOU COULD FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS! I DIDN’T WASTE PERFECTLY GOOD SEMEN ON SOMEONE WHO WAS GONNA FAIL ME. FROM WHEN YOU CAME WITH ME TO THE AWA AT FOUR YEARS OLD, YOU LEARNED MORE BY ACCIDENT THAN MOST WHO WERE IN IT! DON’T TRY TO INTERRUPT ME YOU PUNK! I DID THAT BECAUSE I KNEW SOMEDAY, I COULD DEPEND ON YOU AND YOU WOULD DO THE RIGHT THING. And you let me down. YOU EMBARRASSED ME DAMMIT! YOU EMBARRASSED THE BISCHOFF FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS BACK! As pissed off as I am right now, and you know I could kick your ass, I’m not gonna do that. Yet. I’m gonna give you what I normally don’t give anybody, cuz you know I am one ruthless son of a bitch. STOP TRYING TO TALK! YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!? SAY IT TO EVERYBODY!
Garrett - This isn’t how I want it to go down…
Bischoff - THIS ISN’T ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT, YOU SELFISH PRICK! I’LL GIVE YOU 30 MINUTES, MAYBE 40, TO APOLOGIZE TO ME IN FRONT OF THIS WORLDWIDE TV AUDIENCE! YOU EITHER APOLOGIZE TO ME OR I’LL KICK YOUR ASS! YOU DECIDE, PUNK!
Garrett - Mr. Flair…
Flair - IT’S NOT MISTER FLAIR, IT’S GOD! When I heard you were breaking in this business, I was excited - this business needs YOUNG MEN. NOT DISRESPECTFUL PUNKS LIKE YOU!
Garrett - Mr. Flair…
Flair - YOU’RE NOT BIG ENOUGH, YOU DON’T HAVE THE BALLS! YOU DON’T HAVE ANYTHING THAT IT TAKES TO BE WHERE YOUR FATHER IS! THAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH THIS BUSINESS - WE’RE BRINGING IN PUNKS WHO COULDN’T LACE MY BOOTS!
Garrett - listen…
Flair - NO! YOU LISTEN! IT’S NOT YOUR TURN TO TALK! YOUR DAD’S GONNA KICK YOUR ASS IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD! THE IMPACT WORLD! I’M TIRED OF LOCKER ROOMS WITH WHINY, CRYING BOYS LIKE YOU! THE BUSINESS NEEDS MEN, AND HE’S GONNA KICK YOUR ASS, AND I MIGHT BE OUT THERE. I MIGHT SLAP YA! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH YOUR DAD AND RIC FLAIR! GOT IT!
Jarrett - Keith Mitchell, you forgot a piece of footage in that video - REMEMBER THE LAST TIME JEFF COMPETED IN A TNA RING!? I KNOW JEFF HARDY DOESN’T REMEMBER IT, BUT I WON’T FORGET IT! Let’s air that footage, or when Jeff main evented Turning Point ‘06 - OH WAIT, THAT DOESN’T EXIST CUZ THAT SON OF A BITCH DIDN’T SHOW UP!
Tenay - BULLY RAY APPLIES A NERVE HOLD!
Taz - ELBOW BY BULLY RAY! KICK OUT BY HARDY! Shows what a main eventer he is.
Hemme - Congrats on your return to Impact Wrestling.
Hardy - First, let me let you all back in my life!
Tenay - I like what Sting has done here - LET’S GO COMPETITION!
Bischoff - Settle down, settle down…it’s embarrassing to have your private life being played out in front of a worldwide TV audience, but ya know what? The great thing about families is you can move on, and that’s what I’m hoping we do right now. Garrett, come down, let’s hear what you have to say. Do the right thing - I know I raised you right. GIVE HIM A HAND, EVERYBODY! Garrett, I gave you an ultimatum and I gave you time to think. Before you apologize, I just want to say that there’s two sides to every coin. I forgive you for what you did. For getting caught up in the emotion - it’s okay. I know what it’s like to be young and dumb and letting things get to you and cloud your judgment. Just go ahead, Garrett and tell the world that you’re sorry. Apologize to me and things will go back to how they used to be. GARRETT! I SAID GO AHEAD! I’M NOT GOING TO ASK AGAIN - FRICKIN APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF THESE PEOPLE. DO AS I SAY! DAMMIT, APOLOGIZE TO ME!
Flair - I TOLD YOU. DAMMIT ALL! I TOLD YOU IT WAS TOUGH LOVE! TREAT HIM LIKE YA TREATED ME! GET YER ACT TOGETHER! I AIN’T GONNA TAKE IT EASY! RIC FLAIR DON’T TAKE IT EASY! STOP LOOKING AT THEM - THEY’RE NOT IN THE RING, YOU’RE IN THE RING WITH RIC FLAIR! I WANT YOU TO NOT ONLY APOLOGIZE, I WANT YOU TO KISS MY ASS! C’MERE! STOP WALKING AWAY FROM ME! APOLOGIZE! I’M NOT SCREWING AROUND LIKE YER DAD! I’M GONNA MESS YOU UP! APOLOGIZE! APOLOGIZE! I SAID APOLOGIZE! (gets punched) KISS MY ASS, FATSO!

Championships to be included in WWE '12:

1. Hardcore Championship
2. Million Dollar Championship
3. Unified WWE Tag Team Championship
4. ECW Championship
5. Attitude Era Heavyweight Championship
6. Champion of Champions Title
7. Classic WWE Intercontinental Championship
8. WWE Light Heavyweight Championship
9. WCW World Heavyweight Championship
10. Undisputed Championship
11. Classic ECW Championship
12. European Championship
13. WCW Championship
14. WWE Championship (WCW spray-painted)
15. WCW World Heavyweight Championship (WCW spray-painted)
16. WWE Championship
17. World Heavyweight Championship
18. WWE Tag Team Championship
19. World Tag Team Championship
20. Cruiserweight Championship
21. Women’s Championship
22. United States Championship
23. Divas Championship

Daaaaaaaang. Between this, the confirmation of Foley/Macho Man/Batista, and the women's wrestlers including Kharma and Trish Stratus, I've not been so excited for a (wrestling) game in years.

EDIT: What in the world is the "Champion of Champions Championship"? Sounds like an awful joke.

[quote name='mykevermin']
EDIT: What in the world is the "Champion of Champions Championship"? Sounds like an awful joke.[/QUOTE]

It basically is. Its an in-game Undisputed World Champion title. They had it in SVR2010 apparently too.

The game is looking great. If I can swing it, I'll be picking it up day 1, but thats up in the air right now.

If the game came out this week I'd get it in the buy two, get one at target. Alas, I will likely wait until Hastings has a used game sale and grab it for $20-$25 in January or February.

[quote name='advanced']It basically is. Its an in-game Undisputed World Champion title. They had it in SVR2010 apparently too.

The game is looking great. If I can swing it, I'll be picking it up day 1, but thats up in the air right now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow. No kidding.

The inclusion of a few WCW classic titles as well as the classic ECW title make this very, very attractive. It's like you can *almost* entirely erase the WWE blemishes from the game, b/w the create-a-wrestlers, create-an-arena, and classic belts.

Can't wait to do a classic NWA arena.

Speaking of which, my friend posted this on his fb page the other day after he read about Barry Windham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EZJd2z6p8

If that's the match I think it is, it is amazing. If not, there's a Windham/Flair match on one of the WWE Flair DVDs that is (in my opinion) better than Flair's stuff against Steamboat.

The only problem with Flair/Steamboat matches is that both guys are pretty similar in terms of size. Neither one is going to overpower the other. Against, Windham, Flair has to do the fighting from underneath thing that adds drama to pretty much any match. HBK had it down to a tee, same with Bret.

Windham/Flair had multiple 60 minute matches during their feud and even upped it a few times to 90 minute matches. 90 minutes!

[quote name='mykevermin']But, yeah, I'm not getting bent anymore. Whether it's Punk's diluted character, whether it's The Clique being the centerpiece angle on Raw, or whether it's TNA on the whole, I'm done. Not watching, mind. But bothering. I'm done bothering. [/QUOTE]

Try being done completely. It's nice.

As for Roode/Storm, maybe those rumors of WWE being interested in them as a tag team made TNA shit pants and give them a reason to stay?

Well, perhaps I'm hedging because I know I'll never make good on "I'M BOYCOTTING FOREVER!" claims, if I were to make them.

I work at home and have Raw on the telly in case anything exciting happens. I'll occasionally turn Impact on. I'll go to shows. I'll buy the video game, or the occasional match on iTunes when WWE can't be arsed to release a show on Blu-Ray.

But, all that said, I'm pretty disinvested in the process and product. Wrestling promoters mistake fomenting, froth-at-the-mouth hatred for the sheer idiocy/hypocrisy/stupidity of their product as "working." That's the problem with wrestling - the people making the show don't see me hating their show as evidence that the show stinks - they see it as the show *working*. Attention and response are self-fulfilling prophecies in pro wrestling. Think of how many people in TNA rolled their eyes and had a laugh at the "marks" that freaked out over that spoiler! That surely happened. That's bothersome, to me.

But it's reality. A reaction is what wrestling wants. And it's what I have to learn to not have. Dean Malenko didn't get pushed in WWE because he was cheered or booed - he was kept at the bottom of the card because fans went to go get popcorn and merch during his matches. As much as I adored his in-ring work, that's a fact (that he was never over in WWE). Meanwhile, 'YO YOU DEALIN' WIT' DA X-FACTUH!' got a more prominent spot because people booed X-Pac out of the fucking building (nevermind that it was "go home, you fucker" heat).

Anyway, to the simple point - I'll watch, I won't be done. But I'm not going to get worked up over shit that bothers me about the product, even when it's inane, even when it's hard to find something to like about the product, etc. But I won't say I'm done. I can commit to being indifferent about WWE/TNA. I've been there for a few years now. But I can't commit to not watching.

[quote name='Survivalism']Pretty sure "being done completely" includes not constantly bringing up how done you are.[/QUOTE]

My statement was in regards to watching, as that was what myke had said, but fair enough.

I haven't watched any in at least a month. I still ask a friend to tell me anything interesting or ridiculous that happens, and I occasionally read this thread.

Apparently Hornswoggle is a giant fan of the Muppets so expect to see him on Raw next week. He is getting a Muppets tattoo this weekend before raw also.

Can't believe they spent 15 minutes to set up Punk-Christian, and announce that oh, SD is now SUPER SMACKDOWN because Teddy pulled some strings. So apparently, he had to actually try and make SD equal to Raw. There's a separate but equal reference in there somewhere. Dug Punk and Christian's interplay. Loved Punk walking over to Christian and telling him it'll be clobbering time later. Glad Miz and Truth nixed the rap - if they're to be taken seriously as main eventers, they need to stop the goofy bullshit. Truth showed so much fire here that it made me glad they're keeping him in the main event mix. Sure, he's just the guy to drop a fall now, but if he does well enough, maybe they'll give him another chance as a solo main eventer. Pretty good match here, and nice promo work from both guys, too. Hopefully the keep getting over the Little Jimmy Finale leading into the PPV so it'll actually mean something if they hit it. Dug Kidd and Danielson's argument over Bret and Shawn. Not sure who the guy was with the Ram shirt on, but I did finally notice Gabriel, and his new wacky hair. Hornswoggle dressed as Ryder made Ryder's deal look even sillier. At least this set up Dolph-Orton, which should be really good.

I couldn't focus on Barrett-Barretta because Cole threatened a segment talking about J.R. and showing photos of his training. Miz, FORMER WCW WORLD CHAMPION DAVID ARQUETTE, and Sheamus talked about anti-bullying. Nix Miz from this thing - the timing is awful. Arquette looks like a rough 50 year old now. Loved Booker and Cole bickering over WWE '12. Really could've done without Cody. Doing commentary. Like this. That kind of acting only works when every other word has bat in front of it. This was way better than either of Dolph's matches or Randy's at the PPV, and had a fantastic RKO counter>superkick false finish. This did more to elevate Dolph than Cody's match did to elevate him - he came off as on Orton's level, only falling to one move. I dug Not Sin Cara Negro's promo - seems like he'll be fine with just a normal street-wise character, although he mentioned the Hunico name once, so maybe he'll come back under a mask under that name or just be called that without it.

YAY BRODUS CLAY VIDEO! Kidd-Danielson was a great, short fast-paced match. Loved Danielson shaking the ropes after his comeback sequence. Danielson won...and then they just blew past it and showed a Cena video package. So the perennial number 1 contender to the world title is just a complete afterthought. Whatever. Cole's segment lasted maybe a minute. Still seemed like it went on too long. Then Show came down and Josh casually mentioned he was still hurting from IMPLODING THE RING! And they'd give us an update on the world title. Strange. You'd think they'd do that ON RAW, THE DAY AFTER THE RING IMPLODED, but that would've taken time away from HHH getting beaten up and Nash grunting. Muppets video. I'm dreading two hours of King making Vickie/Miss Piggy jokes. Show must've recovered quickly - because he was joking a lot and really being too goofy for my liking. Loved Henry coming out BEING SERIOUS and saying that he was hurt because of the ring but Show was hurt due to what he did to him. Great heel logic there. Very believable. Good segment.

WWE CAUSED A TWITTER FRENZY WITH VENGEANCE! Didn't do shit to sell more buys, BUT PEOPLE SAID THINGS ABOUT THE SHOW. I couldn't pay attention to Christian-Punk due to the commentary, which included Cole talking about how Ace spends his free time donating to charities, which I guess means he spends all of his time at strip joints. Cole made an idiotic point about Miz and Truth not being responsible for Alberto's win, which got an awesome WUT from Booker. Cole made the point that if Punk lost to Christian, this would somehow help Christian get a shot for the world title. Tremendous nearfall off the powerslam from Christian. Way too much wackiness with the finish though. Alberto, Ricardo AND Sheamus got involved to lead to a GTS win for Punk. Protected Christian somewhat, I guess, but still didn't really help anyone. And then the show closed with them saying Rock would decide when Raw began what he would do at Survivor Series.

Screens -

SHAKE DEM ROPES!

Quotes -
Josh - WITH VENGEANCE STILL A TRENDING TOPIC WITHIN THE WWE UNIVERSE, WELCOME TO FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!
Long - Ladies and gentlemen, following the events of Vengeance, the status of Henry, the Big Show, and the WHC is in a state of flux but despite their injuries, both Henry and Show are here. I promise all of you that the future of the World title will be addressed tonight. Here’s something else…(Christian comes out)
Cole - When you talk about the WHC, why wouldn’t you talk about the former champion, Christian.
Booker - He needs to step off and step back!
Christian - The future of the WHC will be addressed right now. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that what they did was historic - it is now HISTORY! Now ya see, as far as I’m concerned, Show had his chance and blew it which leaves a HUGE VOID IN THE WHC situation, doesn’t it? That void will be filled by the man who has dominated this brand for 5 months…
Long - The last time I saw you, you got ya head kicked off your shoulders by Sheamus!
Christian - IT’S CALLED RESILIANCY! BEING RESILIANT! That’s what I am! I’m begging you to find someone who deserves this more than me. (Punk comes out)
Booker - Let’s lay in and see what’s gonna happen here.
Cole - IT’S LAY OUT…
Booker - I’M SICK OF YOU, MAN. Talking about J.R…
Christian - Before I was rudely interrupted, I was about to say THAT I DESERVE ONE MORE MATCH! With that being said, what is he doing here and why is he interrupting me!?
Long - Before I was interrupted by you, since Raw has been enjoying the use of SD stars on Raw, I’ve arranged for Raw stars to be here for a SUPER SMACKDOWN!
Punk - And before I was rudely interrupted, I just wanted to say thank you for having me, it’s good to be here - it’s nice to be on a show with some competent leadership.
Christian - You’ve never met Teddy Long before!
Punk - You’ve never spent one minute with John Laurinitis! Laurinitis makes you look like FDR…
Long - Thanks, playa…
Punk - It’s not a compliment, but you’re welcome. I see a sign that says one more match. I would like to see you get one more match - I like your wrestling ability. The problem is when you open your mouth…
Christian - You’re gonna throw stones at me?
Punk - Yes.
Christian - Didn’t you hijack the WWE Title and leave the company?
Punk - Yes.
Christian - I THINK THAT WAS A COMPLETE JOKE, AND IT’S ALSO A JOKE THAT LAURINITIS IS CONSIDERING YOU FOR A TITLE SHOT!
Punk - Maybe he’s setting me up, or maybe he’s considering it because I DON’T WASTE ALL THESE PEOPLES’ TIME BITCHING AND MOANING AND BITCHING AND BITCHING AND BITCHING AND BITCHING AND BITCHING! AND BITCHING!
Christian - I DON’T CARE IF YOU WERE INVITED HERE, AS THE MOST RESPECTED MAN IN THE LOCKER ROOM, I WON’T LET YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I’m not asking you - I’m telling you - TAKE YOUR PIPE BOMB BACK TO RAW CUZ NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE!
Punk - Nobody wants me here…(big Punk chant) I’ll just take my pipe bomb back to Raw… OH WAIT, OVER 10,000 PEOPLE HERE WANT ME HERE! I’d bet hard-earned money that they’d like to see me in a match tonight. And my magic 8 ball says they’d like to see me in a match with you! Can that get done?
Long - It’s on - everyday, all day.
Punk - HOLLER HOLLER HOLLER!
Cole - What Miz and Truth have done is MAKE THEMSELVES RELEVANT!
(during a Bourne hot tag attempt)Truth - AW NAW YA DON’T!
Booker - THE THING I LIKE ABOUT BOURNE IS THAT HE LOOKS LIKE A KID THAT’LL ACTUALLY FIGHT YA!
Cole - Kofi’s like those energy drinks you’re always drinking out here, Book.
Booker - YOU’RE THE ONE DRINKING ALL THE ENERGY DRINKS, COLE!
Truth - DON’T BOO ME, YA SHOULD BE BOOKING YASELVES! We just beat the WWE Tag Team Champions. Sunday, we beat HHH and CM Punk. Raw, we destroyed Ryder and beat the wheels off a Cena!
Miz - HE HAD TO GET A NEW PARTNER TO FACE US - THE ROCK!
Truth - I THINK WE CAUSED SOME BRAIN DAMAGE, CUZ HE PICKED THE ONE MAN ON EARTH WHO HATES HIM MORE THAN WE DO!
Kidd - BRET!
Bryan - SHAWN!
Santino - Okay, you guy should fight like mens in the ring like they did!
Teddy - Aksana, I haven’t seen you in a while - I missed you.
Asana - I missed you. A group set?
Teddy - Excuse me!? Hornswoggle, excuse me for a minute…it’s not what ya think… Let’s go to my office and talk about this.
Barrett - Last week was just the beginning - the ring is my trench, the arena is my battlefield, and my opponent is a casualty of war.
Josh - Can you explain what the Michael Cole Challenge is?
Cole - I’ll do it in a bit.
Cole - J.R.’s been training for the challenge, and I’ve got EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS!
Cole - He’s really been training hard - he’s down to a quart of oil and a pack and a half of cigarettes.
Cole - OUR RING ANNOUNCER TONY CHIMEL MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN WADE BARRETT’S NAME, but the WWE UNIVERSE NEVER WILL!
Cole - Pre-order WWE ‘12 and get the Rock. And you can play as me in my orange singlet. And I’ll do commentary at the same time. I think that’s a first.
Booker - I hope it’s the last.
Cole - Are you in it?
Booker - Yes.
Cole - Good - then I can wrestle you and beat you FIVE TIMES FIVE TIME FIVE TIMES!
Booker - WHAT’S CODY DOING HERE!?
Cole - There’s an empty chair and a headset - that should’ve been a tipoff.
Booker - HE MIGHT HAVE COOTIES!
Josh - Thank you for joining us.
Cody - YOU’RE. WELCOME. GENTLEMEN.
Booker - ZIGGLER’S BEATING HIM DOWN WITH NO GIMMICKS!
Cody - I feel like you’re alluding to something - are you saying my mask is a gimmick?
Striker - On SD, you had to remove your mask. How did that make you feel.
Not Negro - How do you think that makes me feel? He stole my intensity! HUNICO! THE ONLY ONE WITH THE FAITH! IT’S PAYBACK TIME!
Brodus - I am the beginning. I AM THE END!
Cole - IT’S NERD TIME ON SMACKDOWN!
Josh - The debate between who is better between Shawn and Bret IS DEBATED WITHIN THE WWE UNIVERSE TO THIS DAY!
Cole - I’VE DECIDED TO END THIS SILLINESS WITH THE FAT SLOBBERKNOCKER JIM ROSS! I ISSUED THE CHALLENGE AND J.R. HAS ACCEPTED! J.R’S BEEN TANNING! HE’S EXCERCISING! HE’LL HAVE HIS OWN CHEERLEADERS! THE CHALLENGE IS SIMPLE - THE RULES I’LL EXPLAIN ON RAW, BUT IF HE CAN USE HIS FAT BODY ON RAW, HE’LL GET HIS CHAIR BACK AND I’LL QUIT!
Josh - Big Show is still in pain from IMPLODING THE RING!
Show - OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! I’ve been in the business for 16 years, fought hall of famers, legends, and future hall of famers, and I gotta tell ya - I’M HURTING IN PLACES I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW I HAD. Henry was an out of control monster that night. I’ve never had a fight like that with someone that powerful ever. I gotta give him credit - HE GAVE ONE HECK OF A GOOD FIGHT! He really did. Ya know, you’d think after going through all that that I’d stay away from it, and you know I’m not right in the head - LET’S REINFORCE THE RING AND DO IT ONE MORE TIME! I know I can beat Mark Henry! I KNOW I CAN TAKE THE WHC FROM MARK HENRY. That’s why I’m in this fancy suit. I spent the day in a conference with Teddy, and THERE WILL BE A REMATCH! How soon that…(Henry comes out)
Henry - I don’t care who you talked to - you’re not getting a rematch. I went into Vengeance as champion nd left it that way. I HANDLED MY BUSINESS. I’M DONE WITH YA! I’M SORE AND BEAT UP CUZ OF THIS RING CAVING IN! You sore and beaten cuz I made you that way! Obviously, I didn’t do a good enough job - cuz you still running at the mouth. Maybe if I put my foot in it, YOU’LL SHUT UP!
Cole - Booker, it’s like being out here with my wife - I CAN’T WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH YOU. YOU’RE THE HERMAN CAIN OF SMACKDOWN!
Booker - I like Herman Cain.
Cole - Miz and Truth didn’t factor into the decision.
Booker - WUT!?

[quote name='mykevermin']

'YO YOU DEALIN' WIT' DA X-FACTUH!'
[/QUOTE]

Man that has to be one of the worst themes of all time. :lol:

The faction was awful, but I've always been partial to Justin Credible (super nice, super polite, did a good job as 'name' enhancement talent), and Albert has become a really solid wrestler in Japan. Bad Intentions is a *great* tag team.

Maybe it really all was that fucking "Unkle Kracker" song. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ditgnlV-LCY
Bad Intentions vs Tanahashi and Goto(?)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that too. I just couldn't get pass that theme song, especially when the guy started singing all emotional and stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Anderson

Wow, he trained through Les Thatcher's school about the same time I was going to his shows, and later the NWF - an absolutely awful promotion I never saw any good shows out of?

I must have missed him entirely coming up, or he was just a dime a dozen at the time (and let's face it, guys that fresh out of school haven't even begun to develop their personae).

Too bad for him or for you that he's a Bengals fan? Goes both ways, friend. I can assure you of that.

EDIT: http://shop.njpw.co.jp/pcshop/php/index.php

There's some fascinating shirts for sale on NJPW's site. Not just for the Engrish (Cozy - The Lariater!), but also the NJPW logo "gay pride" tank top (not their description, but just go look and convince me otherwise)...and inexplicably, a shirt with Felix the Cat wearing the IWGP title.

I was trolling around wikipedia and read that Vic Grimes played a character called "Key" and was in a stable with Droz and Prince Albert. He was suggested to be Droz's drug dealer. I don't remember that at all, and it's a little shocking. Not that I believe 50% of anything on Wikipedia mind you, it's just one of those "Really? How do I NOT know that?" kind of moments.

Nah, that was legit discussed. He had maybe one televised match in WWF as Key - on WWF Shotgun Saturday Night, I recall.

Speaking of Shotgun, I saw some of it via watching the WWF "OMG!" video on Netflix streaming. I never watched it as a kid since it was syndicated (and I think by that point in my life I was out on Saturday nights anyway). But I never noticed this until watching this video the other day - the wrestling ring WWF used for Shotgun was *crazy* small.

Speaking of the OMG moments, after watching it recently one moment really stuck out that really should have been in there considering the Jake the Snake moment that they did put in. Why in the hell wasn't the Earthquake squashing Damien moment in there? Maybe due to how over the top it was at the time? I actually remember seeing that when it was first aired, uncensored, and I was like Holy shit.. did he really just do that? To me that was one of the biggest OMG moments ever.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Two weeks ago. It was called Bound for Glory this year.[/quote]

No you mean WWE RAW tonight.... with the freaking Muppets. ;)

Okay, now if you don't mark out for this spoiler for Raw commentary tonight, you take wrestling far too seriously:

Plans are for Statler and Waldorf to do commentary during the "Michael Cole Challenge."

That has more potential than anything this year, sans the summer of punk.

[quote name='mykevermin']Okay, now if you don't mark out for this spoiler for Raw commentary tonight, you take wrestling far too seriously:

Plans are for Statler and Waldorf to do commentary during the "Michael Cole Challenge."

That has more potential than anything this year, sans the summer of punk.[/QUOTE]
I might have to watch that part. Will be the best few minutes of wrestling in years probably.

I happily used 3-4 hours of my weekend going through the HBK/Bret Blu-ray, but I will freely admit that the *only* reason I'm planning to watch Raw tonight is because of The Muppets.

Dear WWE... that's a bad sign.

How is the interview/documentary of that video? I've read glowing reviews of it so far, saying it's a must buy.

How do the classic matches hold up on BD in terms of video quality?

[quote name='mykevermin']Okay, now if you don't mark out for this spoiler for Raw commentary tonight, you take wrestling far too seriously:

That has more potential than anything this year, sans the summer of punk.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to seek out that segment. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='007']I happily used 3-4 hours of my weekend going through the HBK/Bret Blu-ray, but I will freely admit that the *only* reason I'm planning to watch Raw tonight is because of The Muppets.

Dear WWE... that's a bad sign.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad. I'm doing the same thing.

[quote name='mykevermin']How is the interview/documentary of that video? I've read glowing reviews of it so far, saying it's a must buy.

How do the classic matches hold up on BD in terms of video quality?[/QUOTE]

I'd say that this is easily the best release WWE has ever done, though it's not without issues. It's worth it for the sheer honesty of Bret's answers. It never felt forced or fake. I was less impressed by HBK, but I think it's because his rambling style of talking tends to overshadow the point he's usually trying to make.

Quality-wise, the older matches hold up. The only terrible looking part of the Blu-ray is the blu-ray exclusive clips of segments from 1997 Raw. The screwjob, in particular, looks great. As an aside, I forgot how amazing the atmosphere of that match was.

All in all, I'm happy with it. I am, however, a gigantic HBK and Hart mark, so I'm biased. To me, the interview portion and the extras were worth it. Matches aside, the blu-ray exclusive portions of interview (Bret discussing WCW, talking about the first ladder match, outtakes) were great, as is having HD versions of both the full HoF ceremonies for both Bret and HBK.

Well worth the $23 I paid on Amazon for the Blu-ray, and a release that I can definitely say that if you're getting it... go with Blu. Re-watching Montreal on my TV in great quality was worth the extra money alone for me.

Bottom line: if you're a fan of these two guys, it's worth picking up. I hope the line of 'Greatest Rivalries' continues, but I fear that this will easily be the best of them because of the personal animosity and the fact that Hart no longer seems to feel the need to get himself over. It's like I'd love to see one of these with Flair or Hogan, but there's no way the same honesty would be there. When Hart gets choked up, you never question it, and that's the biggest strength of this release.

Oh, and finding out that HHH was the first one to verbalize that they need to fuck over Hart at Montreal. That may have been common knowledge, but I honestly never knew that.

Damn, I thought I could wait that one out until maybe Christmas but that sounds amazing. Ooh, and I have this handy Best Buy reward zone certificate. My fate is sealed.

Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy it either. I'm a huge Hart fan, since I was a kid, and I love HBK, so I guess I will. I got lucky enough to meet Bret after that movie "Wrestling with Shadows" came out and he was the nicest guy I had ever met. Genuinely happy to meet kids and sign autographs. He came in the building through the front entrance while everyone was waiting and I was the first kid to say Hi and he came up and shook my hand. I still mark out over it to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back