The New and Improved Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jeff Hardy fell off the wagon again. He just came to my door begging for candy.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I heard that the HD almost makes it look like Randy Orton has charisma. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I heard that the HD almost makes it look like Randy Orton has charisma. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

You can actually see the voices in his head. It's amazing.

iUlyvk2QZiwK0.gif

Statler and Waldorf's "I'm feeling sleepy!"/"That's ok, it's because Cena vs the Miz is up next!" was a phenomenally unintentional one-liner. But I enjoyed it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Statler and Waldorf's "I'm feeling sleepy!"/"That's ok, it's because Cena vs the Miz is up next!" was a phenomenally unintentional one-liner. But I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome one-liner for sure.

Its that or go 30 days without having the tag titles defended. You could do Kofi and Ryder or Kofi and Mason Ryan tagging until then I suppose.

Wasn't Evan Bourne injured just a month ago?

[quote name='JJSP']That's a name I wasn't expecting to get suspended.[/QUOTE]

I'd never be so naive so as to think there's someone in WWE who isn't "using."

And god knows what WWE's "wellness" program shows. Bourne could have tested positive for Splenda for all we know.

It's a charade in the first place. They arbitrarily test and enforce their policy.

This doesn't surprise me at all. When you see a top-card guy* get suspended, then we'll talk "surprise."

*tag-team champion? that ain't top-card. that's the dark match these days.

also, I would think that "effective immediately" means that they won't get a chance to drop the belts. are there enough tag teams to have a tournament? shit, are there enough tag teams to have a *match*?

He must have heard they were only going to announce wrestlers as their real weights, but only 210 and up.

EDIT: Supposedly it was synthetic marijuana...makes sense to suspend someone over something high profile college football players just got busted on.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is that the same thing as "spice" or "K2"?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its all the same stuff. "Herbal Incense"

It is rather surprising to see them not write out a champion, though myke makes a valid point. Not sure how high up the ladder I would put the tag champs yet. I sense a "swerve" and Laurnitis will make Kofi defend the belts alone since Bourne "couldn't make the trip to Europe" or some shit like that.

They're usually sky-high although I don't know if upper deck tix off stubhub or something get cheap.

I was initially sort of excited to see Rock v. Cena but the longer the idea sits in my head, the worse it gets. I loved the Rock during his prime and while it hurt to see him go (in the midst of his hilarious heel run with that fucking guitar), at least I knew he was going out on his own terms. It isn't as sad as Flair bleeding all over TNA every week but jesus dude, if you're going to quit, just quit.

I live in South Florida and I think I heard something today about cheap seats going for 65. I could be wrong though

[quote name='Spyder187']was that supposed to be funny?[/QUOTE]

No idea really. I figured someone in here might find something.... anything... funny about it.

fuck YES. Just bought my Wrestlemania tickets. Second one I go to, and just from them having it at Sunlife Stadium, I know it'll be better than the one I went to in Orlando a few years ago (little stadium was a shithole, made me wonder if anyone from WWE actually went there to see the place before they agreed to have the event there).

It was noted they were signs of a creative uptick heading into Money In the Bank and then things settled back down. They were asked if the reality based creative would continue or if there was another reason the buzz stalled. Vince said that he didn't understand the question. He said they feel they still have a buzz around the brand and they will continue to build the buzz. They were asked how long it will take to "shift the boat" and get the creative direction to lead to increased revenue. Vince said he's been doing this for "50 years" and he remains as optimistic today as he ever does.

During today's WWE financial conference call.

Man, corporate is so...corporate.

Got my Wrestlemania tickets this morning. Very excited. I've been to a handful of Raws and house shows, but never a PPV, so I am even more excited my first PPV will be Wrestlemania! Got some good seats as well. Not the crazy expensive floor seats, but lower level seats that are still more than I should have spent. Cheapest tickets were $25 plus charges I think, for corner nosebleeds. I got ones for $151 including fees. Not too bad. I can't wait!

I went to my first house show in March, and my first Raw on October 10th of this year. I wouldn't mind going to a ppv, but with the current state of the product the only show I would consider going to would be a Money in the Bank ppv.

Besides, the OKC crowds were fucking dead as a doorknob for the shows I was at.

That's not bad. I was looking at NHL Winter Classic tickets the other day. fuck that noise. $508 for two tickets because they make you buy a 3-game package (AHL winter classic expo, NHL HOF game or whatever they call it).

So, yeah, WWE may be what it is, however $25 for WrestleMania tickets is pretty good - even if the seats are shitty as all get out.

I love that Brian Hebner made the 3 count on top of a big chunk of beer bottle. Liked the finish other than quite possibly the worst interpretation of a ref bump in history.

Loved the first 15 minutes being completely dedicated to Roode and Storm. Roode really felt like a main eventer again after definitely feeling less than that right after the BFG loss. Roode's promo really put over how much Storm means to him, and made their match tonight seem more important. Karen's enormous tits came out with Gail and Madison. Brooke's ass was covered up by tweets. Terrible shame, that. Loved that TNT's offense revolved around doing a move and then taking off their clothes. Pretty good match outside of all the fanservice, too. Garrett said words. I feel sorry for this kid, because he's being set up for long-term failure right now by his dad because he's nowhere near ready for this. He'll be protected now, but unless he learns from all the guys he's in there with, and fast, it won't amount to much. He said more words in the ring, the BOO machine was working overtime here. Garrett gave him a fake apology, beat him up, and Eric called him a son of a bitch. That was funny. Loved Sting and Joe's meeting. I'm glad Bischoff covered WHY HE STILL HAS A JOB IN TNA DESPITE LOSING POWER, and Flair had some awesome facial expressions here. Daniels looked like more of an idiot than usual with a cheap suit jacket, an Impact Wrestling shirt, and walking through a part of the building with hundreds of chairs stacked up. He chatted with the camera man about how it's not his fault he used a screwdriver because the ring crew was sloppy and left it behind - THAT ruled. And then RVD attacked him and upped the comedy by trying to act. Loved this, and it set up what should be a good PPV match.

Jesse the football guy faced THE GREATEST MAN IN A CAPE TO EVER LIVE! Kash did commentary and called himself a legend in the X division. He makes such an awesome prick veteran. I don't really know what happened in the match outside of the finish since it was mostly in split screen, or obscured by tweets, and I couldn't stop listening to Kash being great. Tremendous work by Kash on commentary to get his character over. He actually made the most of getting one chance to get on commentary - kudos to him. And then he threatened to get his knife and cut him. That was a bit much, but damn this was fun. Hour 1's been full of win.

Loved the backstage promos by Roode and Storm. They set up the Robbie E/T vs. EY/Ronnie match by having Ronnie get beating up by the Robbies. Odd to have Taz talk about being in Macon. This was a step down from everything else, but not awful. YAY BULLY RAY AND JEFF JARRETT in a match! Anderson did every pre-match promo he's ever done. Hardy came out and they shot his entrance perfectly - really came off like a huge deal with the bright tron and beautiful shot of Jarrett staring at Hardy from the turnbuckle. Pretty good action here. It occurred to me that Jarrett's the oldest guy in it and the only one not working in a shirt. I kinda dug the DQ finish as long as it leads to the double swanton they teased actually being delivered at some point. I liked that instead of the faces doing stereo finishes, the heels did it - great move there. Sting w/ swank track jacket cut a good promo with Garrett saying that he's known him since he was six and shouldn't allow him to wrestle, but then Garrett said he would. I like that they're talking about the history everyone has with him whenever it would make sense. Adds some credibility to things.

Morgan got a legit big pop to come out for a promo. Very surprising. Crimson came out to the canned heat big reaction. And then Morgan cut a promo, said he was the best seven footer, and that HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE were asking him on twitter to face Crimson and that this was a dream match. At least he said this idiocy with passion. Crimson responded with zero passion behind anything he said until he talked about no one ending the streak. There was enough here to make a good video package, but this didn't do much for me. Morgan came off as a bullshit artist with the stuff he said since it was so pompous. They announced Storm-Roode next, which gives them a good 20 minutes even without the overrun to have a match. YAY!

They repeated the Storm video that started the show, which I'm fine with since it was a great video and explained the story of the match perfectly. Intros were perfect. Taz and Tenay put over how Roode could've won, SHOULD HAVE WON, but got this shot because he EARNED IT and now he would get his due shot, but against his best friend. Crowd had a great dueling BEER! MONEY! chant to start things off. They did some mat wrestling early that was honestly completely covered up by ticket graphics - no excuse for that. Really good back and forth, even Steven stuff until they came back from the break and Roode was busting out punches, while Storm lit him up with chops. I loved that Storm faked Roode out for the Hennig neck snap spot. Storm hit a great clothesline combo in the corner. Awesome punch exchange from the knees section led to more back and forth. AWESOME nearfall off a crossbody rollthrough by Roode. Another great one off the spinebuster from the Eye of the Storm counter. One flaw with this Storm-Roode thing being rushed is Storm's solo offense hasn't been able to get over as well as Roode's, outside of maybe the superkick. Clothesline spot to the floor led to each guy doing the delayed entrance back in to show how evenly matched they were. Roode actually got the crossface, and they teased this perfectly by having Storm ALMOST reach the ropes, so Roode locked him in the Rings of Saturn/Crossface combo that Nagata does, so Storm used his foot to get to the rope instead. Great nearfall off the flying elbow...then they did a ref injury angle off a ref bump tease. Roode's next to the ref, stares at the ref, sees the beer on the steps...grabs it, smacks Storm with it and wins. BOO machine hurt this quite a bit, and then they just basically TO THE BACK'd it while Tenay acted outraged. The finish to the show ending was only one minute, and that hurt it. Loved Roode closing the show with his boot on Storm's chest. Great overall deal that told the story of Roode being a no good son of a bitch who would stop at nothing to win, even though he had that moment of doubt when next to the bottle. This match was better than anything at BFG and something TNA should put on the best of the year DVD, easily.

Screens -

Et tu, B. Roode

Quotes -
Storm - I seen guys come in here and take the money, while guys like me stayed here cuz one day we knew it’d be our time!
Storm - Macon GA, IS THERE ANY BEER DRINKERS IN THIS PLACE TONIGHT!? Growing up in the south, ya learn thing as a boy that make you a real man - like we say yes maam and no sir. We treat everybody with respect. And no matter what, if somebody disses the red, white and blue, ya beat em until every breath is out of em! Another little thing - it never hurts to open the door for a lady! I learned that! In this life, you only get one go-round, and what ya do is up to you. Last night, the cowboy was thinking what the hell was they gonna put on my tombstone. Son, brother, father, BEER DRINKER, AND NOW WORLD CHAMPION! I could say I’m gonna be a fighting champion…(cowboy chant breaks out) like all the other guys, I’ll fight ‘em 7 days and twice on Sunday, but I drink too much beer for that, I like football, and Sunday’s for church. I BEEN EVERYWHERE, BUT IT ALL BROUGHT ME HERE - MACON, GA! There’s been one thing that’s been by my side the whole way, one man by my side the whole time, MY PARTNER BOBBY ROODE! You told me to bring everything I had cuz you wanted to get ready for Kurt, AND WE ALL KNOW YA GOT SCREWED OUTTA THAT DEAL. Like I said, you got the first shot at this world title… Now I’m telling you, I want you to bring everything you got. My little girl said that when we get back from Chuck E. Cheese, I want that gold belt around my waist.
Roode - From one father to another, I can appreciate that. All the success I’ave had, I owe it to you. You know as well as I do, a few years ago, we were struggling as singles, but when we formed a little tag team, it became a success. Beer Money became one of the greatest teams in the history of the business. You came up with the name, the merch, you got us over, you brought something out in me that I couldn’t do on my own. Thank you for giving me a second chance in my career. When you beat Kurt, I gotta tell ya - I was the happiest man on the planet. To share that moment with you was amazing - I’m proud as hell. Ya know what, you’ve been my best friend for 4 years, my brother, and tonight, I got another chance, and they don’t come around every day, so you’re damn right I’m gonna bring it. CUZ I KNOW YOU’RE GONNA BRING IT! I say we do this - let’s do what we’ve been doing for 4 years - STEAL THE SHOW! LET’S GIVE ALL THESE PEOPLE IN MACON WHAT THEY CAME HERE TO SEE! LET’S BLOW THE ROOF OFF THIS SON OF A BITCH AND HAVE THE MATCH OF OUR LIVES, CUZ WHEN IT’S ALL SAID AND DONE, WHOEVER HOLDS THAT WILL BE KNOWN AS THE BETTER MAN. That’s all we’ve ever wanted.
Tenay - Tonight, it’s all about the spirit of competition.
Tenay - Teacher’s pets.
Taz - I wouldn’t mind being a pet. You feed them, pet them.
Tenay - TNT - Tara and Tessmacher.
Taz - AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!
Taz - Is that the Texas flag?
Tenay - She’s kissing up to Keith Mitchell.
Taz - Who?
Karen - GET YOUR BUTT OFF HER FACE!
Tenay - That’s the technical term.
Taz - We didn’t learn that in the dojo in Red Hook. At least not during the day.
Garrett - I know what my dad wants - an apology. I’m sorry, I’m sorry - it’s what it’s always been. I’ll give it to him tonight - I’ll man up and give him his apology. I’ll apologize my way.
Garrett - The last few weeks have been pretty crazy, and I never would’ve thought it would come down to this between me and my father. It’s…blows my mind. My dad would like an apology. I came here tonight to do just that, dad, come on down. Hi dad… I wanted to apologize, face to face…I’m sorry. That I haven’t lived up to your expectations, and I’m sorry I let you down at BFG. I’m sorry I haven’t grown into the man you want.
Eric - There’s still time.
Garrett - What I’m really sorry about sit hat I did do this years ago! (beats him down)
Eric - YOU LITTLE SON OF A BITCH! I’M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!
Joe - Sting, listen - everything okay.
Sting - Since we got rid of the stink of Bischoff, things have been peachy.
Joe - Just wanted to thank you for the shot last week.
Sting - You’re welcome, Joseph.
Joe - If you don’t treat me with respect, PEOPLE HERE TEND TO GET HERE! Copy?
Sting - If Stinger’s not nice to Joe, Joe’s gonna kill somebody.
Bischoff - Sting! You wanna fire me, but you can’t! WE HAVE IRON-CLAD CONTRACTS! Flair came up with an idea - we want my punk kid in the ring. LET HIM PROVE IT IN A MATCH. If you do that, I’ll give you a chance to rewrite my contract.
Sting - That’s interesting, and I’ll talk to Garrett before that.
Guy - With a screwdriver.
Daniels - It’s not my fault the ring crew’s dangerous. If I impaled myself with a screwdriver, what would happen with the ratings? I DON’T NEED A SCREWDRIVING TO BEAT BOB VAN DAM!
RVD - A SCREWDRIVER, DON’T YOU KNOW IT’S DANGEROUS TO PULL A SCREWDRIVER ON ROB VAN DAM! RUN DANIELS RUN!
Taz - Aries acts like he’s the GREATEST THING TO EVER TOUCH DIRT, THE EARTH!
Kash - Tenay, I came out here for a reason - cuz I got something to say. I’m sick of this punk, THIS BOY BEING IN MY DRESSING ROOM. IN MY ROOM!
Tenay - What’s your problem with him?
Kash - LOOK AT HIM! I’M A LEGEND OF THIS SPORT IN THE X DIVISION INDUSTRY. WHEN I STEP IN THE DRESSING ROOM, YOU DROP YOUR BAG AND SHAKE MY HAND!
Kash - WHY WOULD YOU JUMP OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD RING UNLESS IT WAS ON FIRE!
Kash - HE’S NEVER TRAVELED 15 HOURS TO GET SCREWED OVER BY A PROMOTOR, OR LIVED OUT OF A STYROPHOME COOLER!
Kash - I WAS THE GREATEST X DIVISION CHAMPION THE COMPANY EVER HAD!
Kash - KICK HIS FACE IN! BEAT HIS ASS!
Aries - Let’s talk about this.
Kash - I’M GONNA GET MAH KNIFE AND CUT THAT LITTLE BITCH!
Storm - This is how I put food on my table for my daughter. Even though he’s my brother and I love him - it’s about this. Plain and simple.
Roode - We’ve talked about this - what happened if we wrestled for the world title - the biggest prize in this game. Brothers fight, and it’s about the world title.
Taz - Mike, at the clubs you go to, the over 50s, do they have stages like that?
Robbie E - YA KNOW SOMETHING BRO!? I’M CUTTING TO THE CHASE! HAMSTER ERIC YOUNG, POSER RONNIE, FACE LITTLE ROBBIE AND BIG ROBBIE, BRO!
Tenay - Think there’s any chance of Jersey Shore Macon?
Taz - No. I’m disappointed I’m in Macon.
Robbie E - I know why you’re hanging out with Grizzly Adams, I BEEN WAITING TO GO FACE TO FACE WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME BRO! Ronnie, first of all, I wanna tell you your show SUCKS BRO! AND I ALSO WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT YOU SUCK! AND HEY, I’M NOT THREATENED BY YA BRO. I’VE TAKEN OUT GUYS THAT ARE BIGGER, BADDER, AND DEFINITELY TALLER. WHAT I’M SAYING MY DUDE IS I CAN KICK YOUR ASS ANYTIME I WANT!
Ronnie - HOW ABOUT RIGHT NOW!?
Robbie - We don’t do things like that here bro. Why don’t you do yourself a favor, k? Go to the back, hamster, pack your bag, hamster. GO TO YOUR HAMSTER CAR AND GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I PUNK YOUR ASS LIKE THE SITUATION DID, BITCH!
EY - Wait a minute. WAIT, DID HE JUST WHIP HIM WITH HIS BELT!? First, that’s weird and totally uncalled for. It’s apparent to everyone here that we’re massive TV stars. He’s from a show THE JERSEY SHORE! AND IN CASE YA DIDN’T KNOW, I’M THE MASTER AND DEFENDER OF ALL THINGS ENTERTAINMENT! I need to close this up with my friend THE STINGER, BUT NEXT WEEK, IT’S GONNA BE BIG AND LITTLE ROBBIE AGAINST EY AND RONNIE! LET’S DO IT!
Robbie - NOT WITH THAT HAMSTER!
Anderson - Ladies and gentlemen, and we got two-tree assholes in this building tonight. I HAIL FROM GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN! MISTERRRRRRRRRRR! ANDDEEERRRRSSOOOOONNNNNNN! ANDERSON!
Bully - C’MON, YOU FREAKING DRUG ADDICT!
Sting - Garrett, your dad asked that you wrestle a match next week and if you win, I can rewrite his contract. I’ve known you since you were six… I shouldn’t even be asking this…
Garrett - Ya know Sting, I’M GOOD WITH THAT!
Crowd - MORGAN!
Morgan - I love you too, but I’d like to call Crimson to the ring please. I think it’s safe to say we shared a common enemy in Joe, right. You had my back and I had yours. What’s funny is that the most frequently asked question I get at arenas, AND ON MY TWITTER, LITERRALLY HUNDREDS OF TIMES A DAY, when are we gonna get Crimson-Morgan, or can you beat up Crimson? You know how they say there’s no stupid question, well, this is. Crims, I busted my ass to main event MULTIPLE PPVS. THERE AIN’T A SEVEN FOOTER IN ANY ORGANIZATION THAT CAN TOUCH WHAT I DO BETWEEN THESE ROPES. But I’m willing to give them what they want. LET’S GIVE THEM THIS DREAM MATCH! LET’S GIVE THEM CRIMSON, THE IRRESTITABLE FORCE LOCKING HORNS WITH THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT MATT MORGAN!
Crimson - Yeah. They been blowing up my twitter too. It seems to be what. The people want to see. It’s been in the back of my head too. How could this unbeaten streak be the real deal if I don’t take out anybody and everybody? Including the best seven foot giant in wrestling It’s no mystery to me who’ll win this match. I’m willing to bet my bank account on it - I’ll see your challenge and raise you. Turning Point, SHOW UP ANDBRING YOU’RE A GAME! CUZ NOBODY IS ENDING THIS STREAK! Not even you.
Tenay - ANGLE SCREWED ROODE!
Crowd - BEER! MONEY! BEER! MONEY!
Tenay - THAT’S HOW YOU TREAT A BROTHER!? BULLSHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back