The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Are the codes good for the ps3 version of the game or are they handing them out for next gen?   

I am still holding out hope that they will have some contests before Black Friday that may give us all a shot at winning a system (or buying one from the catalog).  I wont feel so bad if they are for the PS4 version and i missed out :lol:

Are the codes good for the ps3 version of the game or are they handing them out for next gen?

I am still holding out hope that they will have some contests before Black Friday that may give us all a shot at winning a system (or buying one from the catalog). I wont feel so bad if they are for the PS4 version and i missed out :lol:
The digital version works for both consoles. So if you get the PS3 version you are entitled to the PS4 version. Also want to confirm it is the Guardian Edition.

The digital version works for both consoles. So if you get the PS3 version you are entitled to the PS4 version. Also want to confirm it is the Guardian Edition.
I thought it was retroactive, but I don't have my PS3 hooked up at the moment. Anyone know the download size of the game? I have a ton of space to use, but I was curious.

It says 20 Gb needed for download when you redeem the code. Also the site is crawling again...we getting an update? *crosses fingers*
20GB is what they said they need for the initial game download and there may be some extras (patches, DLC, etc) in pretty short order. I just read an article that says Destiny has a 10 year plan already laid out in front of them, so I would block off a bit of space for that game ;)

Site is crawling and i am hoping for that update. TAKE MY MONEY SONY!!

20GB is what they said they need for the initial game download and there may be some extras (patches, DLC, etc) in pretty short order. I just read an article that says Destiny has a 10 year plan already laid out in front of them, so I would block off a bit of space for that game ;)

Site is crawling and i am hoping for that update. TAKE MY MONEY SONY!!
I really want to get my hands on the White Golds and White Dual Shock. Maybe a 32gb Mem card too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they hinted that they might throw some PS+ codes on the site?  I would be stoked to see those become a regular item on the catalog

Was tempted to get the God of War Vita collection or Walking Dead until I realized I don't have a Vita. Wish I had a PS4 too to try Shadow Fall.Sitting on 3.000 points and a hole where funds use to be.

Would be nice if they offered credit towards PSN - I'm constantly buying from the store thanks to their recent Mega Man additions.

I've been refreshing the site like a maniac since the first update hoping that a few more of those Destiny codes would pop up.  No dice so far :(

Glad that everybody was able to pick up some nice stuff, here's to hoping there will be another update this week (big thanks from myself and my co workers for the update letting us know there was something happening in the catalog)

Holy moly that's crazy amount of points! I'm glad I checked the website when I did I was in class when the update hit this time haha I'm hoping they are able to get some more destiny codes but may have to cave it's a really great game!

Right on! I just read their Twitter page, and the one guy has over 23,000 points after buying a bunch of stuff...does he work every day that he misses the catalog updates? Lol

Holy moly that's crazy amount of points! I'm glad I checked the website when I did I was in class when the update hit this time haha I'm hoping they are able to get some more destiny codes but may have to cave it's a really great game!
Is 20,000 considered a lot??? Because I've been sitting at 60k for a while.

Is 20,000 considered a lot??? Because I've been sitting at 60k for a while.
I just can't seem to fathom having that many points sitting in my account at one time, lol. I know when new items come out, I want them instantly so I blow my points in a moments notice. I assume you save your points for the big ticket items?

I saw the blue controller but I already bought one at Gamestop. Dunno if I need more since I have four controllers, already have the camera, and a Gold headset. If they put up the Silver headset I'd buy one for kicks.

I'll just blame CAH for not putting up Destiny codes today though lol 

I saw the blue controller but I already bought one at Gamestop. Dunno if I need more since I have four controllers, already have the camera, and a Gold headset. If they put up the Silver headset I'd buy one for kicks.

I'll just blame CAH for not putting up Destiny codes today though lol
Haha! I have no control over that. Speaking of those codes though. On the twitter page, OnPlayStation mentioned that some of the codes were the Standard copy of the game while others were the Digital Guardian Edition. For anyone who received a code either the catalog or module, which edition did you get? I got the Digital Guardian Edition.

I just can't seem to fathom having that many points sitting in my account at one time, lol. I know when new items come out, I want them instantly so I blow my points in a moments notice. I assume you save your points for the big ticket items?
I just feel like I spend my points all the time. I've gotten the 32gb and 16gb cards, Pulse elites, golds, every new game and controller that pops up.

When they say they don't have the Destiny codes updated YET... does that mean they have them and are just waiting to put them up?  I don't think i have been this excited to try and get a game in a long time.

Am i the only one who has been refreshing the catalog since the update yesterday hoping Destiny will show up?  

When they say they don't have the Destiny codes updated YET... does that mean they have them and are just waiting to put them up? I don't think i have been this excited to try and get a game in a long time.

Am i the only one who has been refreshing the catalog since the update yesterday hoping Destiny will show up?
You're not alone man. That's what I was doing after I missed the catalog update. With the recent updates, they have been around 1:30-2:00PM Eastern time so that's when I would check for then. @tophrman, have you been on the OnPlayStation site since they started? That's the only way I can think one would have so many points.

You're not alone man. That's what I was doing after I missed the catalog update. With the recent updates, they have been around 1:30-2:00PM Eastern time so that's when I would check for then. @tophrman, have you been on the OnPlayStation site since they started? That's the only way I can think one would have so many points.
I started in 2010 but only really started getting active last year.

Bring back Elan! He would've updated us in advance about the updates, lol. Just noticed that the Vita Tv launches next month. Hopefully they'll be on the site by the end of October. I'm going to guess that they'll be 6,000 points and $30. Sound fair?

They just added a Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition training module to the front page.   Something is happening behind the scenes

*refresh refresh refresh*  

C'MON Destiny code drop!!!

Edit: It was a pretty easy course and an easy set of points.  Only took a couple of minutes to complete

They just added a Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition training module to the front page. Something is happening behind the scenes

*refresh refresh refresh*

C'MON Destiny code drop!!!

Edit: It was a pretty easy course and an easy set of points. Only took a couple of minutes to complete
Ha, thanks for the heads up. Just finished it as well. Can't beat easy points.

I remember reading if u buy the digital of Destiny on the PS3, u get a free one on the PS4. When is the last day of the promotion? Also, if i get the Destiny digital from OnPS, do i still get the PS4 version free?

I remember reading if u buy the digital of Destiny on the PS3, u get a free one on the PS4. When is the last day of the promotion? Also, if i get the Destiny digital from OnPS, do i still get the PS4 version free?
The website for Bungie’s Destiny was updated Friday with some amazing news for those that have a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, or are considering purchasing one in the future. You’ll receive a free digital copy for the next-gen version when you buy the digital version for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. But wait, there’s more.

According to the FAQ, purchasing the PS3 digital versions of Destiny, Destiny Digital Guardian Edition on or before January 15, 2015 via the PlayStation Store will grant the PS4 version for free. Likewise, purchasing any of those digital versions for the Xbox 360 version from the Xbox Store will result in a free digital copy for the Xbox One.

So apparently Microsoft decided to remove the option to order rewards/enter contests for Costco employees on ExpertZone...such bullshit.  Six years of active training down the drain for no goddamn reason.  I just did reverify and make an order, too; hopefully they honor it or I'm getting my CC company involved since they already charged it.

On topic, thanks for continuing to kick ExpertZone's ass RLS!  At least Sony is looking out for retail employees.

[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="12115114" timestamp="1411510051"]So apparently Microsoft decided to remove the option to order rewards/enter contests for Costco employees on ExpertZone...such bullshit. Six years of active training down the drain for no goddamn reason. I just did reverify and make an order, too; hopefully they honor it or I'm getting my CC company involved since they already charged it.

On topic, thanks for continuing to kick ExpertZone's ass RLS! At least Sony is looking out for retail employees.[/quote]
So that wasn't just me.

That's bullshit they did that. Any explanation of why?

So that wasn't just me. That's bullshit they did that. Any explanation of why?
Something along the lines of "we reviewed our retail partners and found that rewards violate Costco's policies", but I don't buy it. It's probably another pissing match between Costco and MS like Costco had with Apple. I haven't heard anything on my side about that though, so who knows. Boo MS.

bread's done
Back