The New England PatriOTTs Are Gonna Win The Super Bowl... Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='becuzimbrown']born in long island, lived in Edison, NJ for a while (thats where i became a football fan and a giants fan obviously), moved to Virginia, and now i live in PA

i guess you can say im a NFC East kind of guy[/quote]

Where on Long Island? Born in Queens, Floral Park.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're supposed to have some respect and not ridicule your opponents if you've already won by passing instead of running out the clock.[/QUOTE]
No, you're supposed to win. Why should you be nice if the other team can't hold a candle to you?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're supposed to have some respect and not ridicule your opponents if you've already won by passing instead of running out the clock.[/quote]

Holy fuck. Your gamerscore is rapidly rising.

I want Eli Manning to cry on camera. His brother robbed me of his sweet tears this year and now the brother must pay for the elders sins.

[quote name='Liquid 2']No, you're supposed to win. Why should you be nice if the other team can't hold a candle to you?[/quote]

Did anyone ever teach you what sportsmanship is? Y'know, all that stuff about being a good loser and a humble winner. Courtesy, respect, etc. :nottalking:

[quote name='Mojimbo']

1. Running up score

2. Videotaping the opposing team's hand signals.[/QUOTE]

1) In pro football it's not as big of a deal but it's considered bad sportsmanship in High School and the College Level.

2) It's against the rules to steal the opponents signals/communications. It's considered the equivalent of easedropping on the mic between the QB and coach. Because it's not just hand signals. It's materials and playsheets and shit. Because camera's can catch that stuff too.

Also, it's an unfair advantage for two other reasons.

A) The home team would have an unfair advantage depending on the sophistication/placement of their spying equipment. Not every team plays at home. For example, taking it in reverse, NE played at teh Giants. If the giants had a sophisticate dspying rig at home, and the Patriots were the away team, the Giants would have an unfair advantage if they met at the superbowl. Because they would have had the opportunity to steal teh Pats signals while the pats would not.

B) If you even open that door a crack, it starts an arms race. Which everyone constantly spying on each other. Which would just lead to discord and mistrust within the league. Plkayers wouldn't be able to trust visitors locker rooms. Teams would literally sweep the sidelines for bugs.

This Greeb Bay-NY game is wild.

Bob-Hope.jpg

[quote name='Liquid 2'][quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're supposed to have some respect and not ridicule your opponents if you've already won by passing instead of running out the clock.[/quote]
No, you're supposed to win. Why should you be nice if the other team can't hold a candle to you?[/quote]
Because you'd be an asshole? If your whole gimmick is to be a class-less team of assholes, then it's understandable, but still a valid reason to hate them.

Wow, that's ridiculous. This ain't no fucking Pop Warner shit. What does the other team do when the "winning" team starts to run out the clock? Do they always stop playing too or do they keep on trying?

I have had a ridiculous amount of negative rep for unsporting conduct on XBL since I started playing CoD though. I love kicking $$$$y's teeth in. :cool:

[quote name='Liquid 2']:rofl:

More power to them. No point in playing nice in a competition. You want your opponent to know that you're better than them, and you never want them to forget.[/quote]

Heh, you're too used to playing with CAGtac.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wow, that's ridiculous. This ain't no fucking Pop Warner shit. What does the other team do when the "winning" team starts to run out the clock? Do they always stop playing too or do they keep on trying?

I have had a ridiculous amount of negative rep for unsporting conduct on XBL since I started playing CoD though. I love kicking $$$$y's teeth in. :cool:[/quote]
They keep playing even though they know it's over and finish the game. If they're any good, they'll stick play hard and not without any effort. Unless the winning team fucks up royally several times, that's all they can do.

I would feel worse for the winning team, I think. The whole purpose of the game is for competition and if one team is obviously not bringing it then that's just a colossal waste of time for both of them.

Oh well. I have faith our close personal friends, the Patriots, will avenge us. In horrific fashion, too. I'm talking about sodomizing the Giants so badly that they name a park after them in San Francisco.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Because he's still a good quarterback?[/QUOTE]That's not what the scoreboard says.

[quote name='jmcc']That's not what the scoreboard says.[/QUOTE]
If it comes down to a field goal, I don't think you can put the blame solely on the quarterback. The game was close, and it's usually not fair to blame it on one player unless he fucked up massively.

That said, I didn't watch much of the game, so if he did fuck up massively I didn't see it.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']If it comes down to a field goal, I don't think you can put the blame solely on the quarterback.[/QUOTE]I can when he hand delivers the field goal to them.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']we did it[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed your onfield effort, hombre. All those doritos and Bud Lites you powered down watching the game really helped rally the troops to luck into that circumstantial field goal that was bound to fuckin' happen, given the number of chances the dolt on the field actually had.

fuckin' "we." :lol:

[quote name='jmcc']I can when he hand delivers the field goal to them.[/quote]

What about when your defense had three, or was it four, penalties during a drive by the Giants. I'm sure those did not play any role in decision of the game.

[quote name='Dkellar']What about when your defense had three, or was it four, penalties during a drive by the Giants. I'm sure those did not play any role in decision of the game.[/QUOTE]Not as much as giving the other team the ball on your own 30 in overtime.

[quote name='mykevermin']I really enjoyed your onfield effort, hombre. All those doritos and Bud Lites you powered down watching the game really helped rally the troops to luck into that circumstantial field goal that was bound to fuckin' happen, given the number of chances the dolt on the field actually had.

fuckin' "we." :lol:[/quote]

they were Lays potato chips you asshole

I gotta believe the NFL doesn't like this much. At least the Packers being murdered by NE would have been somewhat interesting because of old man Favre. I can't see NY being as big a ratings draw.

[quote name='mykevermin']clairvoyance only works so far.[/QUOTE]Didn't you hear? Randi's dropping his contest in a year or two. You'll be able to take clairvoyance as far as you want soon.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']How were the carnies?[/QUOTE]Small hands. Smell like cabbage.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']How were the carnies?[/quote]

To be honest, most of them seemed rather normal and were nice except for this one guy in particular that was short, fat, and had more chins than teeth. I couldn't understand a thing he said.

[quote name='Rocko']To be honest, most of them seemed rather normal and were nice except for this one guy in particular that was short, fat, and had more chins than teeth. I couldn't understand a thing he said.[/quote]
They're more afraid of you than you are of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back