The New New Urban Dead Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Killing zombies who are on the street is futile unless you're in a safe area and need the experience; your AP is better spent barricading buildings to keep them outside. I should be good for a pair of revives in a few hours, if there are two of you outside needing it.

Healed tbroo and cured the infection before checking out the closest NT building.
Even though it isn't powered I found a needle on my second search!
This evening / night I'll have enough AP to do a revive it it is needed.

Things are starting to look good around here. Think we already have another building in mind for tonight to get up and running. If anyone has a generator or some fuel, hang onto them.

[quote name='JolietJake']Things are starting to look good around here. Think we already have another building in mind for tonight to get up and running. If anyone has a generator or some fuel, hang onto them.[/quote]

I've got two fuel cans waiting to be used.

Thanks to Geno I was able to stand up, repair, and recade a bulding to the SW of our current location to VSB++.

I've died so many times in the past week it has been crazy. It always pays to have at least one FAK on you. I've been infected EVERY damn time I've been killed.

I just repaired and lightly caded the factory to the SE of us, if anybody wants to search for a generator. I would, but i used a lot of AP clearing a zed and repairing/cading.

[quote name='Genocidal']Killing zombies who are on the street is futile unless you're in a safe area and need the experience; your AP is better spent barricading buildings to keep them outside. I should be good for a pair of revives in a few hours, if there are two of you outside needing it.[/QUOTE]

the only reason I was attacking was because I needed the xp for two skills (Scent Death & Rend Flesh). I know its futile to kill a zed on the street

However, wounding a zombie on the street can help immensely. Not saying it's worth plugging all your bullets in to, as it can be fucked up pretty easily by a wee bit of ZKing, but...

EDIT: This dipshit attacked me when I went to the local revive queue, then started "Mrh?"ing when he saw that I was there with needles. Just leave him stay a zombie.

Not enough new news to warrant a PM tonight. There's a hospital about 5 blocks north of us that we worked on reclaiming (here's a map of the city); keep repairing and cading buildings in the area, injure a few zombies if you need the xp, and see if you can find some fuel or generators if you want to search.

Also, work on that revive queue.

And is there anyone here with AIM who isn't squeamish about bothering inactives? Because if so, I've got a job for you.

Oh, and I won't be on tomorrow.

EDIT: Geno, Zod finally let you into the Crossman boards. Seems he missed your post or something. Pop in and say "hi".

Killed and dumped the zed inside the adjacent SE building and brought it up to HB.
There's a zed 2 blocks South that I only took down to 57HP and closed the blldg. doors.

Let there be light! I know it's the weekend and people are most likely busy, so work on getting resource points lit up when you've got some spare time. You'll need a generator (best found in factories) and a can of fuel (best found in warehouses but also available in auto repairs and factories); best way to do it would be to team up with someone and each grab one.

Important places to light up are NTs, Hospitals, and PDs so we can keep the resources flowing. Secondary would be factories and warehouses so it'll be easier to light buildings in the future. Good work so far everyone, this place is in a lot better shape than when we got here.

Outside the new base. I would appreciate a revive if possible.

EDIT: Ok, I might have screwed up. I got revived and while I was at the revive point, I scanned the other zeds to return some reviving favors. First scan revealed a rotter with no human skills, so I decided to kill him. After he was dead I scanned the next zombie...which turned up the same as the first zed I killed...which means I killed someone else the first time...potentially innocent...at a revive point.

Mia Culpa.

DOH! Don't worry insertclever, they were dead already. If you remember who it was, maybe you could revive them to say you're sorry.
Repaired the bldg. 4 North and brought it to VSB. Repair took 7AP and I spent 15-20 seaching for a genny without any luck.

I saw halfbent in an autoshop so he must have the same idea. I'm making genny/fuel searches my first goal from now on.
If we can get a few going in resource spots it will make this much easier plus we need them going in the "dark bldgs" to repair them.

Thanks Geno for the revive! I was farting around today at work scanning zeds and I lost track of where I was before I ran out of AP outside.

Feel free to spray t inyurl.com/3ghtfc with a small recruitment ad ("Join the Cheap Asses," or something - there's a 50 character limit) anywhere where there isn't anything important up.

I leave for work in two days.

I've been spraying my own kind of paint-filled love.

Also - Seriously for fucks sakes, lets light a factory or something, should make finding the generators/fuel easier. After that concentrate on lighting anything we may need to search in and then just rebuilding the crappier buildings.

[quote name='halfbent']I've got 2 fuel cans atm, just need somewhere to dump em.[/quote]
Not that it helps us a lot but if you really need a spot to dump fuel, I noticed a genny in the SEbldg adjacent to our location.

I tagged it with a recruit line and brought it up to VHB in case you fill up the genny, maybe as a red herring for the zeds?
Either way, I brought the bldg adjacent to it from the East up to MaxVSB so it can serve as an entry point.

We really need light in a factory or auto shop to find more generators though.

Sounds like everyone's filling up with fuel cans so we should have plenty of those. A few of us searched in IRC (well we didn't actually search in IRC) and came up with nothing but fuel -- if anyone's looking for something to search tonight scour a factory and see if you can come up with a generator or two.

Don't bother heading to the nearest mall for supplies. It's overrun with three quads in ruin. There seems to be a lot of zeds moving into the area.

Crotch: Planting trees sounds awfully luddite for a gent such as yourself.

man, no matter how much ap I use, I still can't get beat the odds in grabbing a generator. Would love to put one in the hospital as spending 12 ap just to find one is no fun

Good work everyone, there are a handful of lit resource buildings surrounding us including a PD, NT, and hospital. Now would be a good time to stock up if you're low on supplies, or to get some ruined buildings back up and running.

Yeah the further east we go, the worse it'll be. That's the direction I came from and it was all ruined then.

Nice to see lights up, I found Antigo and halfbent in a powered factory a bit East of the original rally point.
I 'caded the hell out of it so we can use it for genny searches and make one of the adjacent bldgs an entry point.

There's a sole zed in the bldg. East of the powered factory that I took down to 13HP if somebody wants some combat.
As of now it will take 9AP to repair the bldg. that he's camping in, I can do it tomorrow if nobody beats me to it.

I'll probably restock FAKs, fuel, and needles tomorrow night unless something more pressing comes up.

[quote name='chuckie88']I'll probably restock FAKs, fuel, and needles tomorrow night unless something more pressing comes up.[/quote]
Well something more pressing came up, the building mentioned was breached 6 min. before I logged on.
Antigo, Geo, halfbent, and myself are inside with 8 zombies knocking at the door but zero inside.
I closed the doors and barricaded up to very heavy before getting the "too many hits from this IP" message thing.
I'll check back later tonight after the system resets to see how we're doing, any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='chuckie88']Well something more pressing came up, the building mentioned was breached 6 min. before I logged on.
Antigo, Geo, halfbent, and myself are inside with 8 zombies knocking at the door but zero inside.
I closed the doors and barricaded up to very heavy before getting the "too many hits from this IP" message thing.
I'll check back later tonight after the system resets to see how we're doing, any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

shit and I'm out of AP too. If nothing else and shit goes south, I can at least revive one of you (used two of the three I had already)

Well last night I logged in to find that I had been killed 2 min. before, talk about bad timing!
At least I was able to buy the remaining zombie skills that I needed finally reaching Level 41.
I stumbled over to claw the crud out of the zed at the door of our clubhouse for a while.

Today I found that I had been revived, thanks Mike23! I stood up and revived halfbent.
I then repaired the adjacent bldg. to the south of the clubhouse and barricaded it to MaxVSB.
Added a few 'cade levels to the clubhhouse as I'm noticing increased zombie activity outside it.

A couple small orders of business for tonight:

The current plan is to move out after the weekend. I realize a lot of people are going to be busy with family/barbecues/getting drunk this weekend, so try and stock up when you've got some free time.

Geo threw up a small forum where we can discuss things in private, without having to send out boatloads of PMs and be completely ambiguous as to our location. The link is http://www.theworldofgeo.com/ud/index.php and it'd be great if everyone could sign up there and PM me on both sites with your name on the other.

The clubhouse was down to VSB, I took it to VHB with my AP.
I'm going to try and stock up somewhere tomorrow night if able.

Anybody know which direction powered resource bldgs are?
I'm fresh out of FAKs and needles, getting low on ammo too.

Good Job on the private forum Geo, way to take the iniative.
I'll sign up there tomorrow night as I have none myself at the moment.

[quote name='chuckie88']The clubhouse was down to VSB, I took it to VHB with my AP.
I'm going to try and stock up somewhere tomorrow night if able.

Anybody know which direction powered resource bldgs are?
I'm fresh out of FAKs and needles, getting low on ammo too.

Good Job on the private forum Geo, way to take the iniative.
I'll sign up there tomorrow night as I have none myself at the moment.[/QUOTE]

The police station west of our HQ is powered. I'm currently holed up there, as well as some other CAS.

This was said in the hospital i'm currently at:

natakaasd said "Guys, if you have Construction, and spare Gennys, Toolboxes, Fuel etc, let's start moving North and rebuild NE of Mockridge Heights. Contact me at Rotter's Relief Forum. Thanks!"

Whoa. What does this mean?

You heard the thrum of a helicopter flying over the building. (11 hours and 25 minutes ago)

Is that what happens when someone starts a character and gets dropped in where you are or something?

bread's done
Back