The New New Urban Dead Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

[quote name='The Crotch']That scent one - scent death? - works while human, ya know.[/QUOTE]

I actually might be better off getting some zombie skills. There are still a few human ones I could use, but I've got my axe and free run, and those are probably the two most vital. :whistle2:k

Lurch and ankle are very important as you don't waste all that AP every death.
Speaking of zombie skills, my zombie alt BadTimeCharlie has become a homebody.

I took up residence in a ruined bank and have held it for well over a week now.
It really is great, I venture out to wreck havoc and then retire and close the doors.

The description of the building says "the bldg. has been ruined for some time now".
Is there a cap on the "more days ruined=more AP to repair thing"?

I like having a place to rest my corpse where I don't wake up dead (not that it matters).
If your a zombie and need a place to crash look up BadTimeCharlie in Peppardville.

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1226377
kill him
# Gangstaz pwnz shot you with a shotgun for 8 damage. (6 hours and 41 minutes ago)
# Gangstaz pwnz shot you with a pistol for 4 damage. (6 hours and 41 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago) ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago) ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago)
# Gangstaz pwnz said "Tahts what u get.. trying to have ur frineds kill me" (6 hours and 38 minutes ago)

This guy just asked us to fucking kill him I do believe. Lets do it properly now.

[quote name='georox'] http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1226377
kill him
# Gangstaz pwnz shot you with a shotgun for 8 damage. (6 hours and 41 minutes ago)
# Gangstaz pwnz shot you with a pistol for 4 damage. (6 hours and 41 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago) ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago) ...and again. (6 hours and 39 minutes ago)
# Gangstaz pwnz said "Tahts what u get.. trying to have ur frineds kill me" (6 hours and 38 minutes ago)

This guy just asked us to fucking kill him I do believe. Lets do it properly now.[/quote]

Do we get a finder's fee for pointing him out to the Knights? :lol:

Anyway, I'm sick of destroying gennies that everyone passing through feels the need to set up. Crotch, you mentioned our destination - could you (or someone) PM that to me? I need to shoot some shit...and I don't mean talking...

Well technically, we're supposed to decide on the destination in IRC tonight. At least, that's what was said a couple of days ago. I'd like to get some better scouting reports - you there, Tech? - but I figure we'll move out soon anyway.

Crotch: I'm still moving in that direction, I've got 44 AP or so right now so I can keep going.

Or do you want me to just stay put for now in this area? (I'm still where I told you last).

Geno, I sent you a PM with and about my current whereabouts. Hope it's of some use.

If not, oh well no big deal. I'll check in here in a little while after your meeting to see what's up.

Geo's advise on skills -

Free Running
diagnosis *makes healing a LOT easier*
both shopping skills *Faks=free xp*
axe skills

After that, get lurching/ankle as a zed. Save some XP for when ya die.

After that, your on your own.

Better yet, start as a fireman so you have axe skills already, then get melee combat immediately after free running. You can take down a zed a day.

Assuming you're sitting at the local cemetery, just organize a time for someone - Ivan most likely - to swing by. If all three of you stand at that specific time, he'd be able to get all of you.

Crotch: I didn't get a PM so if I was intended to I don't know what's up. No hurry though, I've kept busy.
Pretty decent night, killed and dumped a zed, healed up his victim, and 'caded the crimescene.

The survivors near my zombie alt are starting to get pissed about my camping in their bank.
First they started with potshots and by planting generators but I've taken out 2 in a row now.
After losing some HP I've always been able to find a survivor to munch on to get it back.

Today, they gathered their forces and attacked as a group, it took 5 people but they killed me.
They made a huge error though and didn't dump my corpse and 'cade the building.
So I stood up, destroyed another genny, and then ruined a bldg next door for variety.

Wed., I will have held it as a lone zombie for 2 straight weeks. Pretty lame but I'm excited.
Anyone else doing anything with a zombie character?

Thanks for the revive.

Man, it's hard to play UD without UDToolbar and UDWidget, damn Firefox 3.0. Hopefully they get updated to be compatible.

I have no colorization of PKers, no map, no sweet pixel art for buildings. I hate it.

Alright, sorry about the lack of PM but there was a miscommunication coupled with my internet taking a page out of Crotch's book. Look for one this afternoon.

[quote name='JJSP']HAVE
Free Running, Diagnosis, Construction, NecroTech Employment, Shopping.

What next?[/QUOTE]

weapon skills or the body building skill

[quote name='fart_bubble']weapon skills or the body building skill[/QUOTE]
I bought the hand-to-hand combat skill. At least I'll be able to defend myself now.

[quote name='JJSP']I bought the hand-to-hand combat skill. At least I'll be able to defend myself now.[/quote]Hand-to-hand + fire axe skill + fire axe = ability to consistently take down one zombie a day if you don't have to travel much.

EDIT: Geno, you talk to Lynch yet?

Made it to the new area, this place is crawling with zombies and lots of ruined buildings.
Anyone coming would be advised to have tool boxes, FAKs, and needles for revives.
Of course I spent all of my extra AP searching for needles before I left and didn't find a one.
I could've manufactured one for what I used searching, damn DNA extractors and GPS units!

I saw the corpse of necro rump so I was especially ticked-off to be sans needles.
There aren't many secure buildings nearby so I might join you soon enough f_b.
Speaking of which, is there a contingent of CAS here? If so and the spot is secure, please PM the location and I'll join you.
If you're in the area and need a secure spot, I'd be happy to PM you mine as well. Currently it's at EHB, hope it lasts!

[quote name='chuckie88']Made it to the new area, this place is crawling with zombies and lots of ruined buildings.
Anyone coming would be advised to have tool boxes, FAKs, and needles for revives.
Of course I spent all of my extra AP searching for needles before I left and didn't find a one.
I could've manufactured one for what I used searching, damn DNA extractors and GPS units!

I saw the corpse of necro rump so I was especially ticked-off to be sans needles.
There aren't many secure buildings nearby so I might join you soon enough f_b.
Speaking of which, is there a contingent of CAS here? If so and the spot is secure, please PM the location and I'll join you.
If you're in the area and need a secure spot, I'd be happy to PM you mine as well. Currently it's at EHB, hope it lasts![/QUOTE]

yeah, I got jacked. Killed a zed, dumped him and two other bodies and then built up the place to EHB only to check back 10 hours later to find myself dead and the building ruined

I logged off in an unlit EHB building with no ruined buildings in the immediate vacinity only to wake up dead this morning... There be spies afoot.

I'm patiently waiting in the nearest cemetary.

I just brought a building up to VHB that is directly east of a main area of contention in our current suburb. It is probably going to draw some attention so it won't be safe for long.

I did get a quick revive from a nearby park. There is an active group manning it and if you post a thread in their forum they will get to you quick. PM me for more info if you need it.

Well the building I'm sharing with 3 others is still holding out. Everything around us is ruined but my spot is still at EHB.
I may try and repair some buildings later today. Anyone need any help holding out in our new area? PM me if that's the case.

In other news my zombie finally lost out holding his bank an hour ago. They came in a group of 4 with a genny and some fuel.
After lighting the place up, it was only a matter of time. I think 6 or so zeds could hold a "dark bldg" for a long time.

PMs sent out. This weekend I'm going to move everyone who is either listed as inactive in-game or is no longer wearing the CAS tag to the Inactive section of the wiki and stop sending you PMs -- I figure you guys probably don't care what I have to say anyways.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Made it to the meet up place. Currently standing outside the front door[/quote]
Sorry, I still don't have any needles. My old spot is still holding but who knows for how long.

I arrived at the new rally point, repaired the bordering building to the West and brought it to maxVSB.
Also secured the open neighboring building to our North and brought it to max VSB as well.

[quote name='chuckie88']Sorry, I still don't have any needles. My old spot is still holding but who knows for how long.

I arrived at the new rally point, repaired the bordering building to the West and brought it to maxVSB.
Also secured the open neighboring building to our North and brought it to max VSB as well.[/QUOTE]

necro rump needs retard strength, I'm carrying 3 needles

Just checked back in to find our building down to VSB, I put the 4 AP I had into barricading.
They also ruined the building that I just repaired to the west, we truly are under siege.
The only people in the building are us, so we need to barricade periodically or fall.

I'm trying to kill the zed thats attacking the building. Its going slow but I'm knocking him down little by little...not like it will do any good though, he'll just stand back up but I could use the xp (only a few xp away from a skill)

Thanks for the revive. If you want an easy kill that zed only has 2 hp left. I'll be sitting here till I get more ap

[quote name='fart_bubble']I'm trying to kill the zed thats attacking the building. Its going slow but I'm knocking him down little by little...not like it will do any good though, he'll just stand back up but I could use the xp (only a few xp away from a skill)

Thanks for the revive. If you want an easy kill that zed only has 2 hp left. I'll be sitting here till I get more ap[/QUOTE]

Go him. Thanks for settin' him up. Need health?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Go him. Thanks for settin' him up. Need health?[/QUOTE]

I'm not standing up till later tonight, I've only got 3 ap right now. Thanks though

bread's done
Back