The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

If the Ravens start this drive with a run up the middle I am going to hurl something.

EDIT: I want to see how the NFL wants players to tackle someone of relatively similar heights. If I was a WR, every catch I knew I was going to be hit I would lower my head. Instant PI

3 quarters and yet somehow whoever is calling the plays seems to think running ray rice up the middle for hardly no yards on every 1st down play is a good idea specially since you can blatantly see pats stack the box to prevent it.

Beginning of that drive had another annoyance: Flacco obsessing over Tanden Doss. He has 3 good WR (Smith, Boldin, Jones), 2 good TEs (Pitta, Dickson), and 2 good receiving backs (Rice, Leach) and yet he has tried to get Doss involved a lot. Doss should not even be on the field unless 2 of the other 3 WR are injured.

Oh, and I love Rice and Pierce.

[quote name='Javery']The Pats should be killing them. I can't stand punting inside the 50 but jesus they've punted like 4 times inside the 40.[/QUOTE]

I liked it in the 1st half when the D was playing well. Not the last time.

Is it just me or does the Baltimore RG rock back and forth towards the LOS on every single play? This isn't sarcasm, could someone explain to me why that's not a false start?

If the Patriots lose, this is on Belichick for not realizing how the defense was going to get burned without Talib and dialing up their own offensive aggressiveness to compensate.

[quote name='bvharris']Is it just me or does the Baltimore RG rock back and forth towards the LOS on every single play? This isn't sarcasm, could someone explain to me why that's not a false start?[/QUOTE]

There must have been a rule change - I've noticed a TON of movement this year all over the league with no flags. The slightest flinch used to draw a flag but now when a QB comes to the line and changes the play guys move all over the place.

[quote name='Javery']There must have been a rule change - I've noticed a TON of movement this year all over the league with no flags. The slightest flinch used to draw a flag but now when a QB comes to the line and changes the play guys move all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see that too, but he noticeably rocks forward and back after the line is set on almost every play. It doesn't look like the same thing everyone else is doing. Obviously it's not a penalty because they're not calling it, but my understanding of the rule is that's a false start if you move forward like that. Hopefully someone can clarify.

If you had told me both teams would be under 15 points after 3 quarters I wouldn't have believed you.

Also, amazing how well the offense gels when the first play call isn't "Run up the middle."

[quote name='dafoomie']Knew as soon as Talib got hurt, team of destiny. Seas are parting for Ray Lewis.[/QUOTE]

The Pats were still in great position until the Welker drop and subsequent. 14-0 Ravens since.

Unreal. Was he down before the ball was out though? I can't tell.

EDIT: last shot before the commercial shows him sitting on is ass before the ball comes out. I think the Pats keep it.

EDIT: I guess not. I think this game is getting away from the Pats.

[quote name='Poor2More']Dident Pollard launch himself?[/QUOTE]

Ridley's a runner, you can hit him with your helmet. It was clean. That's on Ridley, not Pollard.

[quote name='bvharris']Ballgame. Welker cost himself about as much money as Talib made himself in this game.[/QUOTE]

Yea I agree, it's over, we can't play defense worth crap now. I remember last year after losing Super Bowl last year, I'm like this year will be different because Grunk will be back and healthy, so much I know.

[quote name='bvharris']Harbaugh has seriously outcoached Belichick in this game. Worth pointing out.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Flacco has also outplayed Brady. Probably the biggest game of his career. Not bad for a 1AA QB.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']To be fair, Flacco has also outplayed Brady. Probably the biggest game of his career. Not bad for a 1AA QB.[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

49ers vs Raven will be a crappy Super Bowl. The next two weeks will be Harbaugh brothers this, Harbaugh brothers that and don't forgot about enough Ray Lewis talk to make your head explode.

bread's done
Back