The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--f...her-teachers-only-saw-problems-194739063.html

Jon Kitna's now coaching at his old high school and teaches algebra to the worst students in the school, which is quite a fascinating story.[/QUOTE]

That's actually really cool. Good for him for giving back. If I was ever able to make a living playing football professionally I'd love nothing more to be able to do something like he's doing post retirement.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--f...her-teachers-only-saw-problems-194739063.html

Jon Kitna's now coaching at his old high school and teaches algebra to the worst students in the school, which is quite a fascinating story.[/QUOTE]

Good read, I applaud him for giving back and teaching under achieving students. Another thing I found interesting from that article was he made only 20 million in 16 years, that seems a little low for a QB pay grade, specially when he was a starter for a good bit of his career. I mean Payton and Brandy makes that in a single year.

Millionaire several times over yet he turns around and chooses to teach post football career. Kudos to that.

[quote name='ced']Always gets me since this isn't the BCS and everything meaningful is based off team win records. I think it's simply there so fans can have another statistic to whip out their proverbial dicks about.[/QUOTE]

Of course! What fun would football be without whipping dicks??? There is literally no point at all in watching or paying attention to sports unless you can be a douche to someone rooting for the other team. Is there something I'm missing? :D

Rex should get another year or two unless this roster mess is his fault. The Jets are HORRIBLE. They do not have any (healthy) above-average players at ANY skill position! It's almost unbelievable that they managed 6 wins.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't have guessed it even though it's kind of obvious, but you know a sport that's surprisingly good for dick whipping?

Yep, it's dick whipping. Whodathunk, right?

So fucking pathetic how blatantly their ignoring the obvious holding and push offs just to make this game competitive in the New orleans. Love how Colston breaks a tackle all of sudden its omg defenders need to make that tackle according to the commentators yet pez bryant does the same exact thing and its omg such a great player11!

Redskins you have no excuse to lose this division title.

The Cowboys D is so bad right with third and fourth stringers at most of the positions. If DeMarcus Ware is out then the season is over.

Not a surprising loss for the Browns with Peyton Manning passing as well as he did. He hit about every receiver that he could exactly where they needed the ball, which is almost unstoppable for this team. I'm hoping that they can pull it out at put a final nail in the coffin for Pittsburgh next week.

The Broncos seem to be the hot team in the AFC going into the playoffs. Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are about as good of a WR tandem as Peyton has ever had and these two are still young and getting better each week.

Patriots get an UGLY win against Jacksonville today. If this is how we play against a 2-12 team...I dont like our chances against the Broncos or Texans.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Patriots get an UGLY win against Jacksonville today. If this is how we play against a 2-12 team...I dont like our chances against the Broncos or Texans.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much. Jags were playing like it was the Super Bowl and our Pats were playing without some major players (ie: Gronk, Spikes, Dennard).

[quote name='perdition(troy']These calls right now are terrible. San Fran is getting boned right now, and I'm actually wanting them to lose (go pack) yet still feel bad for them[/QUOTE]

Seattle corners can do whatever they want. Niners got embarrassed regardless.

Seattle looking like the best team in the NFC out of nowhere.

Looks like Ed Reed is about to be fined for another fucking legal hit. How the hell do you even play anymore? Seahawks had to literally tone it down because they didn't know if they would be flagged or not after VD got owned on a perfectly legal hit.

[quote name='renique46']Seattle looking like the best team in the NFC out of nowhere.

Looks like Ed Reed is about to be fined for another fucking legal hit. How the hell do you even play anymore? Seahawks had to literally tone it down because they didn't know if they would be flagged or not after VD got owned on a perfectly legal hit.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, in real time it looked like a head hit cause it was bang bang and his head snapped back. Also, Seattle gets enough call benefit as it is, their corners could get called almost every pass play.

Niners got blasted though. Seattle won't have a home playoff game so I don't consider them a threat at all.

In real time it look just like it did in slow mo refs need to start having better vision or putting themselves into better positions to see this type of shit all the way through. Guarantee Reed is getting a fine for his as well. Might as well get rid of the safety position since no one can play it apparently.

[quote name='DestroVega']To be fair, in real time it looked like a head hit cause it was bang bang and his head snapped back. Also, Seattle gets enough call benefit as it is, their corners could get called almost every pass play.

Niners got blasted though. Seattle won't have a home playoff game so I don't consider them a threat at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in real time it definitely looked like a head hit with how far Davis' head snapped...replay did show differently but I cant really blame em on that call.

[quote name='renique46']In real time it look just like it did in slow mo refs need to start having better vision or putting themselves into better positions to see this type of shit all the way through. Guarantee Reed is getting a fine for his as well. Might as well get rid of the safety position since no one can play it apparently.[/QUOTE]

do you enjoy whining about the NFL every week?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not a surprising loss for the Browns with Peyton Manning passing as well as he did. He hit about every receiver that he could exactly where they needed the ball, which is almost unstoppable for this team. I'm hoping that they can pull it out at put a final nail in the coffin for Pittsburgh next week.[/QUOTE]
Pitt's already done. Cincy got their spot in the playoffs.

[quote name='DestroVega']Niners got blasted though. Seattle won't have a home playoff game so I don't consider them a threat at all.[/QUOTE]
They will if they win and San Fran loses next week.

[quote name='keithp']HORRIBLE call in the Baltimore game. If reaching out across the goal line isn't a "second act", I don't know what is![/QUOTE]

I don't even know what a catch is anymore.

The Giants are finally put out of their misery. They are technically still alive but they need major help next week in order to get that #6 seed. I saw this coming all season with everyone saying they could just turn it on at will when they needed to. Um, no - that's not how it works. Packers and 49ers are probably the most happy because the Giants match-up so well against them.

[quote name='renique46']Seattle looking like the best team in the NFC out of nowhere.

Looks like Ed Reed is about to be fined for another fucking legal hit. How the hell do you even play anymore? Seahawks had to literally tone it down because they didn't know if they would be flagged or not after VD got owned on a perfectly legal hit.[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you even play anymore? are you kidding me...most of the calls were going against the niners.

Am I the only one that thinks this hype over seattle is short lived? They beat SF 1-2 times this year and all of a sudden they are scarier than the niners? They also played them with out key players due to injuries on offense and especially on defense.

I won't be surprised if the seahoax get knocked off the first round in post season...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-foles-breaks-hand-vick-182312727--nfl.html

Michael Vick is likely to start against the Giants after Nick Foles' MRI revealed that he broke his throwing hand during the last game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/te-heath-miller-tears-knee-214809483--nfl.html

Heath Miller tore a bunch of ligaments in his right knee, so he'll be out of action for a while. This is only good news for the Browns' chances to limit the Steelers' production.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-wont-palmer-finale-220251765--nfl.html

Carson Palmer is out for the season finale and the Raiders aren't sure whether to start Terrelle Pryor or Matt Leinart. I'd love to see Pryor get a shot as a Buckeyes fan.

"The Shame Report has no issue with the 49ers and Seahawks honk-gate controversy brewing."

Another stupid "controversial" topic the media is trying to milk. Why do they have to add gate to everything? It sounds so stupid, they are starting to make the nfl look like WWF/WWE. oh wait...

[quote name='Dark Rider']Whooo! Seahawk's bandwagon, everyone jump on! I am going to break out my old Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm good on the Broncos cart

[quote name='Gannikus']"The Shame Report has no issue with the 49ers and Seahawks honk-gate controversy brewing."

Another stupid "controversial" topic the media is trying to milk. Why do they have to add gate to everything? It sounds so stupid, they are starting to make the nfl look like WWF/WWE. oh wait...[/QUOTE]The Shame Report should be taken seriously but yeah, that gate shit is annoying.

Dang..the Broncos opponents list was released..

You can start your complaining about an easy schedule now..

Home games: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Baltimore

Away games: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, The fucking Pats

Last edited by a moderator:
The Harbaugh Honk is a fucking non-issue and should be treated as such. No slurs, no batteries thrown, no thing to get upset about.

[quote name='Superstar']I wish I knew what this "Harbaugh Honk" was :(

I didn't see the game. I was flying to Ny.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it was during the first game Seattle played in Candlestick, lost and then Harbaugh "honked" at the Seattle bus. It's unlikely that it happened though

Jeez. Thaddeus Lewis is taking first-team reps at QB for the Browns today and they signed Josh Johnson to be back-up if neither Brandon Weeden or Colt McCoy are able to play on Sunday.

At least Joe Thomas made the Pro Bowl once again. Josh Cribbs also made it in as a Special Teamer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117175/article/could-pro-bowl-be-replaced-by-senior-bowl

The NFL is considering eventually replacing the Pro Bowl with more of a Senior Bowl-style game to kickoff the pre-draft season, which seems like a move that the NFL would make.

The 2013 Pro Bowl rosters have been announced.

Glad to see my Texans are well represented. I believe this is the most number of Texans players at a Pro Bowl ever. And five of them are starters. Honestly didn't think Johnathan Joseph deserved a spot though.

[quote name='GhostShark']Dez should be on there. Arguably over Victor Cruz, but it doesn't really matter since the Pro-Bowl is useless.[/QUOTE]

Dez started playing well when the voting was almost over I think, so it's understandable that he was left out.

[quote name='usickenme']Wow, 5 KC Chiefs are going[/QUOTE]

Charles should be a given since he still put up some impressive numbers considering he split the backfield with two other backs and they had to resort to passing because they got behind so much. And most focus on Peterson's surgery and forgot Charles had it also last year.

Other than Colquitt (who has been quite busy this year with punting...), I'm not surprised with Berry, Hali, and Johnson. Though I would have replaced Hali with Houston. Despite what their numbers show, they have a good defense. The problem is/was that they were always on the field because the offense couldn't do squat.

[quote name='blindinglights']I still don't understand why the Jets even brought Tebow to New York in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The owner loves him and the coach hates him.

[quote name='blindinglights']I still don't understand why the Jets even brought Tebow to New York in the first place.[/QUOTE]

They wanted to sell jerseys, PSL's and season tickets. This was strictly am owner move, the coach and GM obviously didn't want him and think he's horrible in practice since they won't even let him play this game.

The only thing I can think of for why he's not been given a chance is that Rex Ryan obviously hates the thought of him being their QB while also being terrified of putting him in and getting similar results to what Denver saw last season, which would require him to keep him in.

bread's done
Back