The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

If the NFL and the Players Union didn't reach that settlement to get keep the NFL on track last year, only the fans would have suffered.

With the NFL and Referee Union still at an impasse, only the integrity of the game suffers (and an increased risk of injuries). Most (casual) fans don't care about that.

Steve Young hit the nail on the head (for the most part) in his post-game comments from last week.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Glad the Raiders finally got a win, especially over the Steelers

Hopefully Heyward-Bey is ok. No real qualms with the hit though, wasn't that hard or anything even really. Just fluke that he caught it in then chin and got KO'd.[/QUOTE]

First, let me say "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the win.

Second, looks like Hey-Bey is ok, thank god. He was released from the hospital today.

Third, the announcers were making a fuss when it happened that Mundy led with his helmet, and while I think that they're probably right I doubt it was at all intentional. Still he should probably be fined at least. And if the Raiders were able to use it as motivation for coming back against the Steelers then they should probably thank Mundy!

dhbhit_medium.gif

I'm not watching the game, but according to the box score Rodgers has been sacked 7 times in the first half?!

edit - 8 times now

According to Wikipedia, the '88 Dolphins only allowed 7 sacks the whole season, which is the record.

[quote name='j.t']I fucking love it, keep these refs all season. This is entertaining.[/QUOTE]

I agree! It's comical. Until it negatively affects my team.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']I agree! It's comical. Until it negatively affects my team.[/QUOTE]

You mean like yesterday vs the Ravens or the phantom hold on grunk that cost Patriots the winning TD vs Arizona

These "replacement refs" need to be permanent. I have never had so much interest in the NFL than I do right now. Incredible.

JNLyR.png

[quote name='Chase']These "replacement refs" need to be permanent. I have never had so much interest in the NFL than I do right now. Incredible.

JNLyR.png
[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of when the Nintendo Wii came out, it brought in the casuals.

[quote name='Poor2More']This reminds me of when the Nintendo Wii came out, it brought in the casuals.[/QUOTE]

Casual NFL fan. Legit sports bettor. ;)

Regardless of the ending, regardless of whether he was right, I'm so damn sick of Jon Gruden. Can we get a replacement for him already?

[quote name='Poor2More']You mean like yesterday vs the Ravens or the phantom hold on grunk that cost Patriots the winning TD vs Arizona[/QUOTE]

Haha. Bingo. But everybody is getting screwed so who am I to complain. Even though there were some atrocious calls that prevented 2 W's, the Pats still had opportunities to win those games.

[quote name='Metal Militia']The Packers got screwed on that call, but as a die hard Bears fan I fucking love it!!! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. As shitty of a call as it was, I can't help but snicker.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']There is no possible way the NFL hasn't called ESPN and demanded they reprimand Mike Tirico for shitting on these refs since the start of the season.[/QUOTE]

He was worse about it than Collinsworth and Michaels last night? They were basically laughing on air.

[quote name='MSUHitman']He was worse about it than Collinsworth and Michaels last night? They were basically laughing on air.[/QUOTE]

He's been pretty vocal about it all season, like "What the fuck is this shit?!", rather than "lol @ these guys".

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Na, too light. Marvin Harrison-like WR, though, for sure.[/QUOTE]

True true.

In other news.... spoiler tagged due to language....

tjlang.png

Who gives a shit....get over it...bad calls happen everywhere around the world....Liverpool got screwed and the world didn't end....the refs gave LeBron a ring....get over it

[quote name='KingBroly']Apparently tonight's refs got fired from the Lingerie Football League for incompetence.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/[/QUOTE]

Dam...that's just crazy...no it ain't cuz the NFL doesn't care...y is everyone worked up??...we all knew this was going to happen....I'm actually waiting for a big brawl to break out

[quote name='aleraiders']Who gives a shit....get over it...bad calls happen everywhere around the world....Liverpool got screwed and the world didn't end....the refs gave LeBron a ring....get over it[/QUOTE]

There are bad calls, and then there are calls like this. There hasn't been a call this terrible since the tuck rule.

[quote name='antlp89']That was a terrible call, even more terrible after they confirmed the call using instant replay.

charles-barkley-demotivational-poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They can't even overturn the call on the field with replay, so that didn't matter.

Catch possession is not reviewable so it doesn't matter that one ref had touchback and one has TD at the same time lol.

This is a joke now.

[quote name='Dendaman']There are bad calls, and then there are calls like this. There hasn't been a call this terrible since the tuck rule.[/QUOTE]

True but....as a raider fan I've seen ed mcaffery (broncos wr) just flat out take a flop on route (untouched) and Charles Woodson got called for def. Pass interference....and countless others...

The Packers should of just stayed quiet, walked off the field, not played through the extra point. It would be a silent protest, a forced forfeit. The game would of ended 1-0 thus disqualifying all the stats and the game from the record book. Would of been the ultimate silent protest even Gandhi would of been proud of.

No it would not have ended 1-0. The seahawks would just do the kick or run a simple 2 point conversion with no defenders on the field.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The Packers should of just stayed quiet, walked off the field, not played through the extra point. It would be a silent protest, a forced forfeit. The game would of ended 1-0 thus disqualifying all the stats and the game from the record book. Would of been the ultimate silent protest even Gandhi would of been proud of.[/QUOTE]

They did the right thing though, can't have a cry about it.

[quote name='DT778']No it would not have ended 1-0. The seahawks would just do the kick or run a simple 2 point conversion with no defenders on the field.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine if somehow the Seahawks failed on either of those?

[quote name='DT778']No it would not have ended 1-0. The seahawks would just do the kick or run a simple 2 point conversion with no defenders on the field.[/QUOTE]

They would have just been awarded the 2 points. Positive side, the Bears are now tied with the Viking atop the NFC North. You know, I really think Goodell wants to get the old refs back, but now they are seeing all the terrible calls and realize their skills are worth what they want and more. I can see this going all the way to the Super Bowl, and by the playoffs, we will at least get the good refs picked from all the terrible ones.

I thought this yesterday morning, before all of this even happened.

I think the players should just strike this week. The CBA they signed just last year was not under the assumption the game would be called by people who had no idea what they are doing.

And the Commish is only really doing what the owners want, he is the head of the owners, I have to imagine now that teams are being given losses instead of wins that those owners will tell him to settle. The Packers could miss the playoffs now by this one call, and think of how much money that could cost them.

[quote name='chapnis']They did the right thing though, can't have a cry about it.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Maybe Schiano would have left the field. The Packers/McCarthy did the right and classy thing.

BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. yfrog.com/oevljedtj” Lolol

— Desmond bishop (@Desbishop55) September 25, 2012

[quote name='dmaul1114']
67114_436769376389140_398152912_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That doesnt make any sense. The lockout was a cash grab by the owners. Players can't threaten a lockout. They would have to go on strike.

[quote name='aleraiders']Who gives a shit....get over it...bad calls happen everywhere around the world....Liverpool got screwed and the world didn't end....the refs gave LeBron a ring....get over it[/QUOTE]

Sure we're going to get Tuck Rule games every so often, but when there's a threat of a Tuck Rule game happening weekly due to inexperienced staffing, it's something the NFL shouldn't ignore but still is. The bulk of fans probably don't care, but the players do and they aren't as easily replaced.

bread's done
Back