The "no fat crippled dinosaurs allowed" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Liquid 2']What happened today (besides my birthday :cool:) that's worth noting? :O
[/QUOTE]

We share the same b'day as 2Pac.

:cool:

Whoa. The first four seconds or so of "Happy House" by Siouxsie and the Banshees is identical to "Bitches" by MSI.

Sorry to make you say "Thanks" for the millionth time, but happy birthday Liquid.

--

Whew, tiring day today. Gym (biceps and triceps, cardio), tennis (still sweating from it :oops:), and I'm dead tired.

Oh well. DVD burner came today, mobo and monitor on Thursday. :)

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Happy Birthday, Liquid.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

[quote name='manthing']We share the same b'day as 2Pac.

:cool:[/QUOTE]Dang, we're bwallin' as fuck. :cool:

Happy birthday, manthing.

[quote name='Moxio']Sorry to make you say "Thanks" for the millionth time, but happy birthday Liquid.[/QUOTE]What made you assume that I would thank you, dork? :cool:

Thanks. :)

After reading an handful interviews with Miss Fox I hope her vapid ass falls off the planet.
I think she used "über" three times in one Entertainment Weekly article, and one instance was übersexual.
:whistle2:|

Edit: Happee Birfdai Manthang

[quote name='Chika']manwang, it's your bday today?![/QUOTE]

Meh, when you get older it's more 'closer to the grave' than celebratory.

Thanks guys. :whistle2:(

[quote name='h3llbring3r']After reading an handful interviews with Miss Fox I hope her vapid ass falls off the planet.
I think she used "über" three times in one Entertainment Weekly article, and one instance was übersexual.
:whistle2:|

Edit: Happee Birfdai Manthang[/QUOTE]Her ass can stay, the rest of her can fall off the planet.

Jesus Christ. I would never pay that much money for a camera.

MNL, isn't the lens, like, extremely important and expensive, and getting a shitty one is bad news?

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']My photographer friend is offering me his Canon 5D for $1000.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-5D-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B0007Y791C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Seems like a hell of a deal, but damn that's alot of money for just the body.[/QUOTE]

It is a hell of a deal.

Until you figure out how much you're going to be spending on lenses.

Then it isn't such a good deal.

Start looking at Canon's L glass, anything in the 4 or 2.8 IS range.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']My photographer friend is offering me his Canon 5D for $1000.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-5D-Digital-Camera-Body/dp/B0007Y791C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Seems like a hell of a deal, but damn that's alot of money for just the body.[/QUOTE]

That's a steal if you can swing it. They're right: Buying the glass will kill your wallet though.

Most photogs end up spending several times the cost of their camera bodies in glass.

There's a reason why most people buy just the body of that camera.

Not that the kit lens sucks or anything, but if you're getting into a 5D, you'd probably think it was garbage.

Not a cheap hobby to get into.

Ok, let me rephrase...it can be a cheap hobby, but if you want the really awesome once-in-a-lifetime shots....it isn't.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Should be at midnight PST but most likely sooner.[/QUOTE]

How am I supposed to purchase MAGIC THE GATHERING if it's not up? :|

Unless you take a lot of photos, that camera would be a waste of money. Even if you do take a lot of photos, you'd probably be better off getting a cheaper camera and nice lens. A lot of the pseudo SLR type cameras are pretty nice these days too.

[quote name='JolietJake']Unless you take a lot of photos, that camera would be a waste of money. Even if you do take a lot of photos, you'd probably be better off getting a cheaper camera and nice lens. A lot of the pseudo SLR type cameras are pretty nice these days too.[/QUOTE]

There are some nice wide-angle + super-zooms. However, nothing replaces a DSLR for flexibility once you really start experimenting with various exposures, DOF . . .etc. Although photoshop is opening up lots of post editing stuff that can replicate that.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']you should get me an expensive lens into photography, marten.[/QUOTE]

Find a cheaper hobby. I can suggest a few. :cool:

Otherwise, pick up your friend's 5D and a 18-200 lens to tinker around with. That, and the "nifty fifty" would suit you for quite a while.

I bought a film SLR years ago, before digital SLRs were really out. I found that unless i was at some sort of event where i couldn't get close, it was really kinda wasted.

Believe it was a Canon Rebel 2000.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Don't Macs have really shitty graphics cards?[/QUOTE]

Back when I bought my powerbook, I spent most of my money on going up to the highest available one you can get on it, it was pretty good, but $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back