The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

I hate the spurs....except Timmy.

I truly hope...that somehow every single player will suffer a painful career ending injury. Biggest douche bags in all of sports.

Except Timmy.

Man, I just noticed on the replay that Grant Hill was trying to call a timeout at the end. They could have called a tech at that point.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I just noticed on the replay that Grant Hill was trying to call a timeout at the end. They could have called a tech at that point.[/quote]

Yeah, he pulled a C-Webb.

I still don't get how Nash doesn't get the term 'clutch' yet...that shit is impossible for a right hander. He was fading left..shooting right...with Udoka coming in.

This is one of those games that can go either way for the Suns, either the Suns feel like 'we shoulda won this and we got this team where we want em' or 'Their's no fuckin' way we can beat this team'.

[quote name='Mattte']Winning = hate.[/quote]
Yeah; it wasn't long after I posted that, that I realized it was a pretty stupid question. :[

[quote name='Mattte']Winning = hate.[/quote]

Or the fact that the team is full of whiny-chump's.

Tim Duncan, is a bigger whiner than Kobe, which is damn hard to do.

Ginobli flops every 1.3232 seconds

Bruce Bowen is a fuckin' douche, who can't guard anybody without fouling.

Oh, did I mention the whole Robert Horry slamming Nash into a wall?

Spurs are a great team, but they don't have one guy on that team who I root for. Well, maybe Parker, mostly because he's banging chicks behind Longoria's back.

[quote name='lmz00']What's with all the Spurs hate?[/quote]

The only reason i don't like the Spurs is that I am tired of seeing them win and continuing on to the finals.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Or the fact that the team is full of whiny-chump's.

Tim Duncan, is a bigger whiner than Kobe, which is damn hard to do.

Ginobli flops every 1.3232 seconds

Bruce Bowen is a fuckin' douche, who can't guard anybody without fouling.

Oh, did I mention the whole Robert Horry slamming Nash into a wall?

Spurs are a great team, but they don't have one guy on that team who I root for. Well, maybe Parker, mostly because he's banging chicks behind Longoria's back.[/quote]

I am going to have to agree with dead elmo here.

Though I love Timmy. I think he is the best PF in NBA and one of the few currently playing hall of famers.

But everyone else can get fucked in the ass with a stick for all I care.

Its not just winning....I dont dislike them for that.

I hate them because all of their players are such douche bags. Having Bruce Bowen makes me instantly hate your team. He should be expelled from the NBA with the about of intention injuries he has attempted through his career. Seriously.....its been 10 years...STOP STICKING YOUR fuckING LEG UNDER PLAYERS! No one else in the NBA jumps like that...only him.

Not to mention just kicking people for no reason.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLgHeeOZJFI&feature=related[/media]Ginobli does flop like a bitch almost every time he gets contact.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fEef1T_lqwA&feature=related[/media]As well as Horry....not to mention chucking nash into the stands last year.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM&feature=related[/media]
The spurs are just such a cheap dirty team. They flop all the time, they cry about everything, plus they get star treatment up the ass so all of these flops go their way.

fuck the spurs.

EDIT: Basically The spurs contain the most hated players in the NBA...thats why everyone who is not a spurs fan hate them. Horry, Bowen, Ginoblilieioeowiwle (who cares how his name is spelled) and Parker.

Here is the best quote for Ginboliuleae.

"So the main thing that bothers me about Manu is the fact that everytime he has the ball, he feels that he needs to drive wrecklessly to the basket, tuck the ball in his left hand like a football, and then when he gets close, flail around crazily and get the foul call. This seriously takes no skill what-so-ever. (Note to Manu: this is the NBA, not the World Cup)"

He draws a crazy amount of fouls that really should be offense. Driving "widely or out of control" towards the basket is consider a foul. I know because I got it a couple times in high school. You also see it called in college more than once a game. Yet this dumbass does it almost everytime he gets the ball.

NBA star power is the only reason why he gets what he does. Also here is a great write up on how over rated Horry is.
http://slate.msn.com/id/2121018/

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']1 down, 3 more to go.

Nuggets didn't have an answer for Gasol. He just made easy layups throughout the game.[/quote]

yea, nice victory for the Lakers :D

Gasol went for a season high and i was impressed

I swear tonight was the first time the Cavs have blown out a team by 30 or more all year. I'm actually glad when Arenas is out on the floor. He's only hurting the Wizards.

[quote name='Filbert']I swear tonight was the first time the Cavs have blown out a team by 30 or more all year. I'm actually glad when Arenas is out on the floor. He's only hurting the Wizards.[/quote]

I'd put the blame on Eddie Jordan. I understand Arenas is still not 100%, but he's taking him off the bench and putting him in with the 2nd unit, who the whole year played without him and was playing very well. When he's in the game, he is the #1 option of the 2nd unit, so he has to do it all. If i'm Jordan I start Arenas, let him play a couple of minutes to get him going.

Arenas/Stevenson/Butler/Jamison/Haywood

Then in the 2nd unit:

Daniels/Mason Jr./Songalia/Jamison/Blatche

I hate the Spurs like I hate the Yankees...And those flops up above of Manu and Horry are just sickening. Screw the Spurs.

[quote name='yukine']Hate to see my Suns lose, but Suns/Spurs games are easily the most entertaining games in the Playoffs in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

So far, I agree. Suns really blew tonights game. They came out flat in the 3rd and threw the game away.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah it was a good game until the 3rd, then the Suns just fell apart. It's not over yet though.[/QUOTE]

It is going to be really hard for the Suns to win 4 out of 5 games against the Spurs. Hopefully the series goes to 7. I did pick the Suns to win. So far I think they are losing this series, more than the Spurs are winning it. The Suns had so many chances to win in Game 1, and they just played careless basketball tonight in the second half.

Ooh. I didn't know about this thread. Houston got owned pretty hardcore at home. It's not likely they will win one, much less two games in a row in Utah. That'll give the Jazz a nice "rest" (like Sloan ever gives those guys a rest :lol:).

I'm surprised that I haven't read any Jazz hate on the last two pages though (that's all I've read). And even Charles was praising them last night. That totally shocked me, as much as he has disliked the Jazz historically.

[quote name='rdwd39']I hate the Spurs like I hate the Yankees...And those flops up above of Manu and Horry are just sickening. Screw the Spurs.[/quote]

Couldnt agree with you more. I hate the Spurs so much! I wish they just lose already.

What's with the Suns. With that much talent on their roster, I would think they would go far. Shaq sucks too. Hope Grant Hill gets better though, he's just awesome.

[quote name='option.iv']What's with the Suns. With that much talent on their roster, I would think they would go far. Shaq sucks too. Hope Grant Hill gets better though, he's just awesome.[/quote]

their coach sucks and they cant play defense :rofl:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']their coach sucks and they cant play defense :rofl:[/quote]

Their team idea didn't make sense. They traded Kurt Thomas who could guard Duncan, but didn't want to keep him because they'd go over the luxury tax. So, they go out and trade for Shaq?

What sounds better?

Nash
Bell
Marion
Thomas/Diaw
Amare

or

Nash
Bell
Hill
Amare
Shaq.

Gimme the Marion team, at least Marion can guard Parker and wouldn't allow 41 fuckin' points.

Not to take away from how well the Spurs played tonight, as they did an amazing job. But the Suns played awful tonight, hell this whole series.

I guess there is always next year. :D

[quote name='yukine']Not to take away from how well the Spurs played tonight, as they did an amazing job. But the Suns played awful tonight, hell this whole series.

I guess there is always next year. :D[/quote]

I wonder how good Shaq will be in April 2010....

Diaw needs to go. This guy is border-line retarded.

that was hard to watch. The Spurs just took everything away from the Suns, and the Suns took nothing away from the Spurs. They're letting all their guys have career highs every game. and tell me how posting up Diaw every single trip and having him back down and spin and miss is their number one option. Seriously. I realize he has a mismatch, but yeah, that's not the number one option offensively with Nash, Amare and Shaq on the floor at the same time. Guess I'll root for the Jazz now.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Their team idea didn't make sense. They traded Kurt Thomas who could guard Duncan, but didn't want to keep him because they'd go over the luxury tax. So, they go out and trade for Shaq?

What sounds better?

Nash
Bell
Marion
Thomas/Diaw
Amare

or

Nash
Bell
Hill
Amare
Shaq.

Gimme the Marion team, at least Marion can guard Parker and wouldn't allow 41 fuckin' points.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Parker still torched Marion and he always played Casper against the Spurs.

Our coach is a fucking joke, bottom line.

[quote name='yukine']Not to take away from how well the Spurs played tonight, as they did an amazing job. But the Suns played awful tonight, hell this whole series.

I guess there is always next year. :D[/quote]

gl with shaqs contract and trading away almost all ur draft picks for money along with diaws contract and even barbosa's contract
also this...sorry had to post it :rofl:

shaqbearxy8.jpg

[quote name='rdwd39']I hate the Spurs like I hate the Yankees...And those flops up above of Manu and Horry are just sickening. Screw the Spurs.[/QUOTE]

I guess you never seen Nash or Bell flop eh? I'll admit Horry flops but at least Manu is being fouled when he flops. The worse flopper in NBA has got to be AK47. Dude fly's 10 feet from barely being touched. He plays like he's 100 pounds going up a 300 pounder.

I hate the Suns. Bell is a douche. Nash sucks for leaving the Mavs for better pay. I've never liked Shaq, he's a backstabber. Funny how he says this is the best team he's played for and so far they can't even win a game in the playoff. The Shaq/Marion trade was so fucking retarded. Why put a slowass mofo on your run and gun team? One big dude won't change the fact that their team blows ass on defense.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Are you kidding me? Parker still torched Marion and he always played Casper against the Spurs.[/quote]

With Marion they have someone that CAN score and doesn't screw up with their gameplay. The old team would've done better than this current team. At least they won 2 games last year against the Spurs.

[quote name='yukine']I guess there is always next year. :D[/QUOTE]

And how many years has it been? They've been practically the same team for years now. Sorry but until they start playing defense with this new setup, they ain't goin nowhere.

My prediction, Spurs - Celtics in Finals, Spurs in 5 :p.

Suns should have worked out a deal to get Camby from the Nuggets instead of getting Shaq (or maybe trading Shaq to Denver for Camby or something).

Phoenix really should have traded for Garnett (even if it meant trading Stoudemire). Look at what he did for Boston's team defense.

[quote name='2Fast']Phoenix really should have traded for Garnett (even if it meant trading Stoudemire). Look at what he did for Boston's team defense.[/quote]

I remember reading Bill Simmons and him bringing up that idea. Would've been genius. Once, Hill, Shaq, Nash are gone..who will Stoudemire have? Barbosa? Way too inconsistent.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I remember reading Bill Simmons and him bringing up that idea. Would've been genius. Once, Hill, Shaq, Nash are gone..who will Stoudemire have? Barbosa? Way too inconsistent.[/quote]

In hindsight, it would have been genius. Sure Stoudemire is a great player, but Garnett would have more than replaced him. Amare is a better scorer than KG, but KG could put up some points if he were in Phoenix and bring some defensive toughness to them. Plus you put Amare in Minnesota where he won't be able to hurt you until Phoenix's window is closed (which is soon).

They obviously should've kept Kurt Thomas too.

bread's done
Back