The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']At least Kobe showed up on offense, everyone else couldn't make a basket. :/

The game was a lot closer than what I would like, but at least it was exciting.[/quote]

It was very exciting... I thought Dirk was almost going to make that last shot again to go into another 2nd OT.

Im just glad the Lakers won again. :bouncy:
I can definitely see the Lakers going to the West finals against the Spurs or PHX

That reminds me. The east in embarrassing. Just simply a god damn joke of the NBA. Look at the west. The top players all have around 45 wins and losing 1 game will drop you 3 or 4 rankings. Its the most exciting race of recent years. Everyone is around 6 or 7 games back.

Now look at how shitty the east is. There are people in the play offs that are fucking 20-30 games back from first. The 8th place team (when I last checked) had a losing record of at least 13. You can make the play offs in the east being something like 28-35.

The east is complete bull and joke.

[quote name='Soodmeg']That reminds me. The east in embarrassing. Just simply a god damn joke of the NBA. Look at the west. The top players all have around 45 wins and losing 1 game will drop you 3 or 4 rankings. Its the most exciting race of recent years. Everyone is around 6 or 7 games back.

Now look at how shitty the east is. There are people in the play offs that are fucking 20-30 games back from first. The 8th place team (when I last checked) had a losing record of at least 13. You can make the play offs in the east being something like 28-35.

The east is complete bull and joke.[/QUOTE]

Celtics just swept Texas so the east is okay at the top at least

[quote name='jlarlee']Celtics just swept Texas so the east is okay at the top at least[/quote]

Yeah the top 4 but it quickly drops off into shit standing after that. Washington in 5 place is barely even at .500 (33-35). Barely .500 your fucking barely .500 and you are the 4th best team in the east.

New Jersey and Indy are both fighting for the 8th seed and both have a combined loss record of 82. They both have 41 losses. Thats pure garage.

Such a joke.

Just got back from the Bulls vs Pacers game. All I have to say is I'm not sure why Larry Hughes continues to play basketball, I'm sure he has to be better at something else.

Damn, another battle in Texas. Spurs barely squeaked out of Dallas with a win, but Dallas' season is pending the the MRI results of Dirk's off balanced fall.

[quote name='alucard8319']Damn, another battle in Texas. Spurs barely squeaked out of Dallas with a win, but Dallas' season is pending the the MRI results of Dirk's off balanced fall.[/quote]

The Spurs also squeak by and ran away from Orlando today.
The Spurs this year I can see is not as a good road team as they were before.

This could quite possibly be the best playoffs of all time in the Western Conference at least (minus the Rockets, whomever they play must be giddy).

The East will have an interesting matchup with Wiz/Cavs and Raps/Magic

[quote name='DT778']How about them Lakers?[/quote]

The Lakers are doing superb! They are the top #1 team in the West now :D

It will be a good match up of the Lakers vs. Nuggets 1st round :bouncy:

Hopefully the series with the Wizards will wake up the Cavs enough to put up a good challenge for Boston. The Cavs played the Celtics pretty well this year. But they also swept San Antonio in the regular season last year and then were swept in the finals so we all know the regular season means nothing.

Wow, such a crazy western conference this season. I didn't expect the Lakers to be the number one seed a couple of months ago, but I'm glad that made it.

Now to start winning in the playoffs.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']This will finally be the year the Suns get past the Spurs.[/QUOTE]

There will be blood, there will be ejections, this will be awesome. I'm guessing:

-K.thomas and shaq throw down somewhere in the series
-raja & bowen's perimeter defense will get under their opponents skin, as I imagine raja vs manu and bowen vs nash
-timmy vs amare is the marquee matchup
-bench for phx: diaw, barbosa, giriceck, strawberry, skinner, tucker
-bench for sa: manu, udoka, thomas, vaughn, barry, and maybe big shot bob

[quote name='scuba t']The Hawks got Mike Bibby. They may actually make the playoffs this year.[/quote]

And they did. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Mavs are going to be pretty deadly, ever since Dirk came back from that injury, he has that Kobe look in his eyes aka "I'll fuckin' murder you if you don't make that shot"

[quote name='Nelo Ice']things are set up perfectly for the Lakers

we get to avoid the spurs/mavs/hornets/suns until the WCF :D[/quote]

Yea!!! its nice! \\:D/

I cant wait until the Lakers get Andrew Bynum & Trevor Ariza back :bouncy:

[quote name='alucard8319']There will be blood, there will be ejections, this will be awesome. I'm guessing:

-K.thomas and shaq throw down somewhere in the series
-raja & bowen's perimeter defense will get under their opponents skin, as I imagine raja vs manu and bowen vs nash
-timmy vs amare is the marquee matchup
-bench for phx: diaw, barbosa, giriceck, strawberry, skinner, tucker
-bench for sa: manu, udoka, thomas, vaughn, barry, and maybe big shot bob[/QUOTE]

Strawberry and Tucker won't see a minute of action unless it's a blowout, but Skinner might get some play.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Yea!!! its nice! \\:D/

I cant wait until the Lakers get Andrew Bynum & Trevor Ariza back :bouncy:[/quote]

heres to hoping they can make it back in the playoffs :pray:

I think if the Lakers faced Boston in the Finals, Stern would blow his load.

I'm hoping Suns vs Boston with Suns winning, just for Steve Nash really.

so this is how the celtics are preparing for the playoffs
d400bc77d7_sammy.jpg

yes i had to post this pic and its my avy now :rofl:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so this is how the celtics are preparing for the playoffs
d400bc77d7_sammy.jpg

yes i had to post this pic and its my avy now :rofl:[/quote]

lol Wow! :whistle2:k

Boston all the way, no question. The only team we can't beat is the Wizards, and if we can get past them, good game. Timmy D has enough rings, time for the Big Three to get theirs, also Rondo.

D'Antoni continues to stun the shit outta me. You don't foul? I don't care if you have a foul to give, foul Manu right when he gets the roc.

This is only Game 1...

That was a foul n diaw though.

I hate the very end of games where apparently all rules go flying out the window. But Diaw should have still hit that.

bread's done
Back