The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

Nice balance by the Lakers today. Luke is playing a lot better in the playoffs than he did in the regular season. He provided a little spark in the third when Phil finally took out Radman.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Nice balance by the Lakers today. Luke is playing a lot better in the playoffs than he did in the regular season. He provided a little spark in the third when Phil finally took out Radman.[/quote]

yea...

do you think its gonna be a sweep or Denver is gonna win next game?

How about them Lakers! Booyah! What a joke those Denver blokes were. Bring on Utah.

hey, could someone do me a favor and mike a tiny (probably avatar sized or less) photoshop of the laker logo? Please?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Nuggets finally start to play semi-decent but it's too late. Refs were shit the whole series though.[/quote]

Semi-Decent!?!?!?!:lol::lol::lol::lol::roll: hoo! That's a good one. Nuggets should move to the east conference where they could win it every year. They played 0 defense.

If the 76ers bean the Pistons in a 7 game series I'm not sure I'd want to play them. They've been on some kind of roll for months now and could be this year's Golden State.

[quote name='Filbert']If the 76ers bean the Pistons in a 7 game series I'm not sure I'd want to play them. They've been on some kind of roll for months now and could be this year's Golden State.[/quote]

Good, Golden State lost in the second round last year!

In all seriousness, as a Magic fan, I'd rather they face the Pistons. Detroit has had Orlando's number in the playoffs for years, but I think with their recent lackadaisical streak, the fact that they'll probably be looking forward to Boston, and that Orlando is simply a better team spell a series win for the Magic.

I also want to go to a few games and would rather see them play the Pistons!

[quote name='2Fast']Good, Golden State lost in the second round last year!

In all seriousness, as a Magic fan, I'd rather they face the Pistons. Detroit has had Orlando's number in the playoffs for years, but I think with their recent lackadaisical streak, the fact that they'll probably be looking forward to Boston, and that Orlando is simply a better team spell a series win for the Magic.

I also want to go to a few games and would rather see them play the Pistons![/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. But then again the Magic sign my paycheck :lol:

I think Detroit or Philly would be a great series. And even if it is the pistons having Philly beat em up a bit for us is a great thing.

Either way here comes Round 2 :bouncy:

I just can't believe the Celtics vs Hawks series is tied up. I wonder if Kevin Garnett is going to get suspended for shoving the ref.

But whatever, Lakers swept!!!!

If Garnett does miss game 5 the Hawks might actually be able to upset the Celtics. And I wouldn't be too sad about that, being a Cavaliers fan.

Those Lakers are unbelievable!!!!! \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/:bow::bow::bow:
They took out the Broom and sweep up those Nuggets! :D

Denver Nuggets Gone Fishing!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

fuck David Stern, no suspensions from the Hawks/Celtics skirmish, even though a couple players admitted they left the bench area and broke the rule. So Stern, this year you can let it slide but last year during the Suns/Spurs series there was no gray area. What a fucking hypocrite.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']gl with shaqs contract and trading away almost all ur draft picks for money along with diaws contract and even barbosa's contract
also this...sorry had to post it :rofl:

shaqbearxy8.jpg
[/quote]

Hey, it's no secret that Suns management is a joke.

Funny picture, see unlike Lakers fans we are not going to throw a hissy fit when you poke fun at our star players. Say anything about Kobe and you'll get shot.

It'd be nice to see the Suns win tonight's game so it's not a complete sweep, but I just don't see it happening.
Spurs are winning the playoffs this year.

[quote name='yukine']Hey, it's no secret that Suns management is a joke.

Funny picture, see unlike Lakers fans we are not going to throw a hissy fit when you poke fun at our star players. Say anything about Kobe and you'll get shot.

It'd be nice to see the Suns win tonight's game so it's not a complete sweep, but I just don't see it happening.
Spurs are winning the playoffs this year.[/quote]

Shut the fuck up! Kobe is God. Kobe is great:D:lol::lol:;):cool:

[quote name='yukine']It'd be nice to see the Suns win tonight's game so it's not a complete sweep, but I just don't see it happening.
Spurs are winning the playoffs this year.[/QUOTE]

We won Sunday, so it won't be a complete sweep.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']We won Sunday, so it won't be a complete sweep.[/quote]

Yeah I don't know what I was talking about.

My brain is frazzled, I blame finals week. :lol:

[quote name='alucard8319']Avery Johnson has been relieved of his duties as coach of the Dallas Mavericks.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/050108dnspomavslede.b5a5f0b9.html[/quote]

He never really fit with Dallas anyway. Eve though he brought them to the Finals, he just never seemed to gel with the team or with management. If the Suns drop their current coach, Cuban would probably pick him up as he plays right into the way Dallas likes to play - 0-defense as well:lol:

[quote name='unforeseen']
fish4hc3.jpg

Gone Fishin' courtesy of the Spurs.[/quote]

Yup the Phoenix suns have gone fishing and Mike D'Antoni job is up in the air right now.

Sooner or later he might get dismissed, just like Avery Johnson.

If I was the suns I would be pitching the biggest bitch right now.

I would literally be busting down Dumbass David Sterns door ready to tear that flip floping piece of shit man apart.

I hate the guy.

KG pushes a ref and doesnt get suspend? The suns player move inches off the bench and their championship hope were stolen away?

fuck that. fuck the NBA fuck David Stern.

Its proof positive that the best 2 team DO NOT make it but rather the most popular ones.

[quote name='Soodmeg']If I was the suns I would be pitching the biggest bitch right now.

I would literally be busting down Dumbass David Sterns door ready to tear that flip floping piece of shit man apart.

I hate the guy.

KG pushes a ref and doesnt get suspend? The suns player move inches off the bench and their championship hope were stolen away?

Its proof positive that the best 2 team DO NOT make it but rather the most popular ones.[/QUOTE]

Rules are rules but David Stern chose not to enforce it this time....too much bitching about how the Suns would of beaten the Spurs if it wasn't for the suspensions.

Spurs are not anyones favorites

-media doesnt like them when they could be in L.A. or Miami ...etc, reporting vs S.A.
-stern doesn't like them too much for poor ratings purposes
-boring by most peoples standards, not many people wearing Duncan jerseys(not sure why he's a beast?)

[quote name='Soodmeg']If I was the suns I would be pitching the biggest bitch right now.

I hate the guy.

Its proof positive that the best 2 team DO NOT make it but rather the most popular ones.[/quote]

Jesus! Are Suns fans bitter. Boo-hoo-hoo....and what the hell are you talking about? The most popular teams make the finals?:roll: You're telling me that the Spurs are popular?:lol: If it was popular that the league was after, then it'd be the Lakers and someone else every year. (hopefully a good, solid Celtic team):cool: Also, it's always fun to have the Kings in the playoffs so that we can run all over them as usual.;)

Man you guys are not understanding.

I dont give a fuck about the suns. Thats not my team. I hate steve nash Its my hatred for Stern. You can not flip flop on rules. I am just using them for an example.

How the hell are you going to suspend their superstars for leaving the bench and not KG for pushing a ref?

It just comes down to the fact the NBA is less about the best team and more about who is more popular.

You guys are straight bitches. If you think its alright to suspend 4 or 5 players on one team for simply leaving the bench but not a player for pushing a ref then your just plain retarded.

Its the same reason we bitch at Wade for being allowed to travel half way across the globe on each drive. The same when Shaq was stabbing people in the heart with his elbows and not being called for it.

Rules are rules...but in the NBA it seems like if you are popular enough you can simply just ignore them.

Its not about suns vs spurs.....I hate both teams I could care less if either of them lost.

[quote name='unforeseen']Rules are rules but David Stern chose not to enforce it this time....too much bitching about how the Suns would of beaten the Spurs if it wasn't for the suspensions.[/QUOTE]

Rules are rules, you said it yourself. I'm not saying the Suns would have beat the Spurs last year if the suspensions wouldn't have happened, we'll never know. But how can 1 year later, the exact same thing happens, he's in the stands at the game, and two players ADMIT they left the bench and it's swept under the table like nothing happened. I'd be calling bullshit even if it was the other way around.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Rules are rules, you said it yourself. I'm not saying the Suns would have beat the Spurs last year if the suspensions wouldn't have happened, we'll never know. But how can 1 year later, the exact same thing happens, he's in the stands at the game, and two players ADMIT they left the bench and it's swept under the table like nothing happened. I'd be calling bullshit even if it was the other way around.[/quote]

This is exactly why I hate Stu Jackson. They did the same thing to Dallas a few years back, and now everyone questions their heart. Dirk even got called out in this series, and Cuban came up and reminded everyone what happened in 06. The NBA did everything it could to ensure Dallas lost its chance at a ring that year and did it to the Suns last year.

I do believe the players should be suspended for what they did. Rules are not open for interpretation but David Stern wanted a Celtics/Lakers finals.

Ratings = $$$

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Rules are rules, you said it yourself. I'm not saying the Suns would have beat the Spurs last year if the suspensions wouldn't have happened, we'll never know. But how can 1 year later, the exact same thing happens, he's in the stands at the game, and two players ADMIT they left the bench and it's swept under the table like nothing happened. I'd be calling bullshit even if it was the other way around.[/quote]

Exactly.

I dont care what team you are a fan of. Its complete bullshit that one year a team gets most of its superstars suspended and if you agree or disagree that it affect the suns/spurs games is another story, but this year the very same thing happens and he stares into space.

If you are going to make a rule it has to be across the board. No one leaves the bench ever......not "no one from the suns can leave the bench."

Again this isnt about a certain team. This is about the NBA and how star struck it seems to be at times. Where certain players can completely ignore rules and get away from it while other cant.

Just got back from the game, it was a public disembowelment of the Hawks as expected, though Dick Bavetta did his best to keep them in it.

Best moment of the night was when Horford went down clutching his face after some marginal contact. The crowd chanted, "You're a pussy!" and he proceeded to miss both free throws. TNT probably cut the crowd noise as it happened, though.

bread's done
Back