The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

I can't believe the Cavs lost at home. At least they have two more chances to close out. Still, I'd hate to see a confident Wizards team in game 7.

[quote name='Filbert']I can't believe the Cavs lost at home. At least they have two more chances to close out. Still, I'd hate to see a confident Wizards team in game 7.[/quote]

The Wizards are going to lose in DC today.

There defense was absence and Wally been scoring 3's all night

[quote name='Nelo Ice']Game 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]
Glad you share my enthusiasm, the Hawks got destroyed today. Not that anyone in Atlanta actually watched the game, anyway.

I see Congress is considering a bill that would ban what the Celtics just did today:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8n-xvYETg[/media]

Yeah I was at the Garden today. It was like watching a public execution; the crowd was so intense. So much energy!

It's funny, this whole public execution, which it was. But, the Hawks won 37 games?

The Hawks were a young team and couldn't handle the Game 7 atmosphere, didn't help that Bibby has aged horribly.

The one worry i'd have if i'm a Celtics fan, KG can't come up clutch, nor can Pierce. Ray Allen is your only 'go to guy'.

LeBron James will go off on the C's.

Cavaliers in 6.

I would have really liked to see either Philly or Atlanta win their series. Not just because it would have made things easier on the Cavaliers, but because I like to see those drastic upsets.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Well the Lakers won their first game against the Jazz. I didn't like how they blew their lead in the 2nd half, but whatever, I'll take the W.[/quote]Are you kidding me? The Lakers blew it? They played exceptionally well the whole game. The reason the gap closed is because the Jazz team that I'm familiar with actually showed up for the third quarter. Then they took another vacation at the end of the fourth. Hats off to the Lakers. They played a great game.
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That's it...Jazz go down in 4. Bring on the Western Finals.[/quote]Get over yourself. The team with a lame road record and the best home record in the league loses one road game to the best team in the nation and it's suddenly a sweep? Please. You saw in the third and the beginning of the fourth, the Jazz are capable. More than capable. They are just young and can be somewhat sporadic. Okur is the only player who showed up to the game (and for the whole game), and that's a shame. But this young, sporadic team that is apparently ready to be swept bounced from a 19 point deficit to at one point only being down by 3 or 4 points (I forget exactly) with about 5 minutes left. When you look at the Jazz, you are looking at one of the most capable teams in the NBA. It's just hit or miss whether they are going to decide to deliver on any given night. A little more experience and these guys will be unstoppable.

This actually has the potential to be an amazing series.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Are you kidding me? The Lakers blew it? They played exceptionally well the whole game. The reason the gap closed is because the Jazz team that I'm familiar with actually showed up for the third quarter. Then they took another vacation at the end of the fourth. Hats off to the Lakers. They played a great game.
Get over yourself. The team with a lame road record and the best home record in the league loses one road game to the best team in the nation and it's suddenly a sweep? Please. You saw in the third and the beginning of the fourth, the Jazz are capable. More than capable. They are just young and can be somewhat sporadic. Okur is the only player who showed up to the game (and for the whole game), and that's a shame. But this young, sporadic team that is apparently ready to be swept bounced from a 19 point deficit to at one point only being down by 3 or 4 points (I forget exactly) with about 5 minutes left. When you look at the Jazz, you are looking at one of the most capable teams in the NBA. It's just hit or miss whether they are going to decide to deliver on any given night. A little more experience and these guys will be unstoppable.

This actually has the potential to be an amazing series.[/quote]

:rofl: Can't bear to face it yet.:lol: From where I come from, a win's a win. All your post is is a bunch of excuses. Sporadic, psshhh...they lost. You either come to play and come to win, or you lose. The reason they came back to only 3 or 4 points is because the Lakers slacked off and it showed. That's the only reason why, if at all, they might lose a game 3 to them, because the Lakers will get bored and lethargic at having to play Utah. Still, I have no doubt they'll win it all. Let's also not forget that just like Jerry Sloan had no answer to Michael Jordan, he has no answer to Kobe. Kobe could have at least 45 yesterday, but he sat for a large portion of the 4th and mostly made his points while they did hack-a-Kobe and sent him to the free throw line.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:rofl: Can't bear to face it yet.:lol: From where I come from, a win's a win. All your post is is a bunch of excuses. Sporadic, psshhh...they lost. You either come to play and come to win, or you lose. The reason they came back to only 3 or 4 points is because the Lakers slacked off and it showed. That's the only reason why, if at all, they might lose a game 3 to them, because the Lakers will get bored and lethargic at having to play Utah. Still, I have no doubt they'll win it all. Let's also not forget that just like Jerry Sloan had no answer to Michael Jordan, he has no answer to Kobe. Kobe could have at least 45 yesterday, but he sat for a large portion of the 4th and mostly made his points while they did hack-a-Kobe and sent him to the free throw line.[/quote]Grow up. You're the one making excuses. "The Lakers slacked off,'" "Kobe should have had more points," "The Lakers will 'let' Utah win one out of five games because they will be so bored". I mean come on, you are even making excuses for future events because you know the Jazz are not going to roll over. Did you even read my post? I congratulated the Lakers on a game well played. I ripped on the Jazz for not bringing their A game against the best in the league. Sloan was asked last night (I think it was at the half) about what he was going to do about Kobe. His answer was that there was nothing you could do. He said you can't stop Kobe, you have to just make up for it elsewhere, which his team hadn't been doing. I gave no excuses and didn't apologize for the Jazz. Sloan did the same. The Jazz should have worked harder. The only one who was consistent the whole night was Okur. I said that all before. I did not make excuses and I gave the Lakers props (which is more than most people on here do when "their" team goes down... And from your behavior you would seem to be one of those types). You need to just stop being so childish.

You know, I actually enjoyed watching Kobe school my team (and that's what it is - Kobe, not the whole team). He is an amazing athlete. Almost every second of the game I was wowed by him. If the Jazz don't play their top game, honestly, they don't deserve to win. But it seems just as there are console fanboys who can't view things objectively, there are also sports fanboys. And that would be you.

It's easy to see games as My Favorite Team Won It or My Favorite Team Lost It. The truth is both teams are equally responsible for the outcome. It's never just one team playing well or poorly against some known value.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Well the Lakers won their first game against the Jazz. I didn't like how they blew their lead in the 2nd half, but whatever, I'll take the W.[/quote]

You know what... I was a little surprised that 19 point lead went down to almost 4 in the second half. The Jazz was finally showing up to the game and playing Jazz basketball. Boozer got fouled out and all hope was lost for the Jazz.

Good Win for the Lakers thou, I can see the Lakers winning in 6 games. :bouncy:

58 rebs to 41, utah
22-30 ft to 38-46, lakers
13 t/o to 12, lakers
fouls, blocks, assists about dead even

This game was a lot closer and if not for Kobe shooting 23 free throws that made the difference this would have been a tighter ball game, period.

Goes to 6, maybe 7

Hornets are a damn tough team, owned the Suns all season. Them beating up on the Spurs isn't surprising me much. CP3 is for real, I think he deserved the MVP over Kobe. He's turned the Hornets franchise around this year, and while Kobe is great, I think the trade for Gasol is what really elevated the Lakeshow.

[quote name='alucard8319']and that made the difference... bad judgment call[/quote]

Yea, I thought it was a bad call to! It really changed the game and I really thought the Orlando Magic's was going to tie it 1-1. Even though they couldn't see the replay they should have least went out to the TNT truck and roll film from there. Or put more seconds on the clock. 0.5 seconds was a bad judgment call for the clock!

Chris Paul definitely should've been the MVP.

He was almost a Celtic. Paul Pierce was traded to Portland for their pick in the 05 draft (#3), but Pierce vetoed the deal.

I think I'll take what they've got today over that, though.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Grow up. You're the one making excuses. "The Lakers slacked off,'" "Kobe should have had more points," "The Lakers will 'let' Utah win one out of five games because they will be so bored". I mean come on, you are even making excuses for future events because you know the Jazz are not going to roll over. Did you even read my post? I congratulated the Lakers on a game well played. I ripped on the Jazz for not bringing their A game against the best in the league. Sloan was asked last night (I think it was at the half) about what he was going to do about Kobe. His answer was that there was nothing you could do. He said you can't stop Kobe, you have to just make up for it elsewhere, which his team hadn't been doing. I gave no excuses and didn't apologize for the Jazz. Sloan did the same. The Jazz should have worked harder. The only one who was consistent the whole night was Okur. I said that all before. I did not make excuses and I gave the Lakers props (which is more than most people on here do when "their" team goes down... And from your behavior you would seem to be one of those types). You need to just stop being so childish.

You know, I actually enjoyed watching Kobe school my team (and that's what it is - Kobe, not the whole team). He is an amazing athlete. Almost every second of the game I was wowed by him. If the Jazz don't play their top game, honestly, they don't deserve to win. But it seems just as there are console fanboys who can't view things objectively, there are also sports fanboys. And that would be you.[/quote]

I'm going to remember this once we win in 4, 5 is the max I'm willing to go, but 4 nonetheless. I say the Lakers will be bored, because let's face it, for the most part, the Jazz are a fairly boring team. I find them quite stagnant. Built solid, but nothing else. I enjoy watching Spurs games more, and hate having to watch Jazz home games because they must have the most annoying crowd of any stadium I've seen on television. Give me any other team's fans/stadium over them. But yeah, if you watch how the Lakers play, they sometimes get bored, but since this is the playoffs, they're pushing it to the limit and I highly doubt they'll lose one, but there's always the off chance. I compare this series to the Pistons/Magic series. Everybody called that one to 6, but so far Pistons have taken both games and I expect them to take the rest.

Call it what you want: fanboyism, the truth, etc. but the fact remains that the Jazz have always been underachievers. You want to say you didn't give excuses, but then you go off on saying how they should have worked harder? Huh? That to me is an excuse. It means they didn't come out to play, or they just simply got schooled (you take your pick). Why not just lie on court and let the Lakers put on a Globetrotter and Alley-oop show? Even with their greatest players (Stockton and Malone (true greats)), they could never finish and seal the deal. This of course bearing in mind that they went up against the greatest player the league has ever seen (MJ), but still, they should have won the championship on a Bulls/MJ off year. If you look at the Jazz history under Sloan, always solid teams, always good teams, always teams that understand what it means to be a team and teammates, but not one team of champions. They're like the Red Sox before they won the championship. Until then, they are the Utah Underachieving Jazz. The Jazz are simply the most overrated team, year-in-year-out, in the league.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Hornets are a damn tough team, owned the Suns all season. Them beating up on the Spurs isn't surprising me much. CP3 is for real, I think he deserved the MVP over Kobe. He's turned the Hornets franchise around this year, and while Kobe is great, I think the trade for Gasol is what really elevated the Lakeshow.[/quote]

You people forget how the Lakers were during the early part of the season when we had just Kobe and Bynum and how great they were doing. Kobe's been phenomenal all year, but really, I could give it to either. I never understood why the NBA couldn't have Co-MVPs this year. CP3, Kobe, and Garnett were all equally deserving of it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm going to remember this once we win in 4,[/quote]
Wow guys, we have an actual Laker on the board here.

Hey hiccup. I think I remember you now that I see your title under your name. Weren't you that little baby who made a thread about two or three years ago whining about how everyone hates you and they criticize your posts and such? You know, I really can't see why...

If I'm mistaken on the identity of the person, I'm sorry. But the following statement still applies to you. Grow up. Seriously. Just grow up and enjoy the sport instead of freaking out that everyone doesn't fudgepack your precious little team like you do. I already said that I admire the Lakers and they did a good job. Just cut out your bitching already.

[quote name='dafoomie']So Wally Szczerbiak is going to guard Ray Allen?[/quote]

I think the real question is do either of these guys have to guard somebody, both are horrible.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']finally kobe officially gets his 1st MVP and deservedly so :applause:[/quote]

This year was fucked, he shouldn't have won it, he bitched, moaned, wanted a new team. Then when he saw Farmar, Vujacic, Bynum got better he stopped complaining. Add to the fact that the Lakers were 5-5 without Bynum before getting Gasol. This year was a 'Lifetime Achievement Award' for Kobe, mostly because nobody watched Chris Paul. I didn't, you didn't, nobody did besides the few New Orleans fans.

Kobe should've gotten the MVP in 2006.

[quote name='ph33r m3']This year was fucked, he shouldn't have won it, he bitched, moaned, wanted a new team. Then when he saw Farmar, Vujacic, Bynum got better he stopped complaining. Add to the fact that the Lakers were 5-5 without Bynum before getting Gasol. This year was a 'Lifetime Achievement Award' for Kobe, mostly because nobody watched Chris Paul. I didn't, you didn't, nobody did besides the few New Orleans fans.

Kobe should've gotten the MVP in 2006.[/quote]

everyone watched cp3 he was 2nd in voting but kobe was the best player he played injured led LA to the 1 seed despite all the injuries and controversey

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Hornets are a damn tough team, owned the Suns all season. Them beating up on the Spurs isn't surprising me much. CP3 is for real, I think he deserved the MVP over Kobe. He's turned the Hornets franchise around this year, and while Kobe is great, I think the trade for Gasol is what really elevated the Lakeshow.[/quote]

Indeedles, I'd like to see the Hornets win the playoffs this year. If not the Hornets, then the Celtics.

Thats bullshit.

CP3 should have won it hands down. Or at the very least a co mvp.

Kobe should have already won an MVP but thats not CP3s fault.

You want to talk about putting a team on your back? The casual basketball fan cant even name 2 fucking hornets other than CP3. Hell I bet you a casual fan couldnt name 5 hornets players in the last 5 god damn years. The hornets are nothing without him. Nothing. They have some nice role players but they are nothing with CP3.

Chris has done nothing but completely obliterate the competition. Without the luxury of having the most dominant big man in our generation on his team.

NO were 39 and 43 last year. Add a little CP3 and they are the 2nd best team in the west. Which is full of the hardest competition in the NBA. Oh and lets not forget he has done this while only being in the league TWO GOD DAMN YEARS!

No way in hell he shouldnt have won MVP. I am not taking anything away from kobe. He should have already won one. But you cant shaft the most dominant 2 year player I think that has ever came into the league. Christ Paul is more dominant than Lebron james was when he came into the league. Lets not forget Paul is barely 6ft tall and still scores over 20 a game with 11 assists.

Simply unreal how this guy doesnt win MVP. Simply unreal. Again, kobe should have won an mvp....just not this year.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']everyone watched cp3 he was 2nd in voting but kobe was the best player he played injured led LA to the 1 seed despite all the injuries and controversey[/quote]

That's because he got all this pub from the past two weeks from his playoff push when he finally got some 'prime-time' attention.

Kobe's the best player in the NBA, but not the most valuable. Take off Kobe, and replace him with someone like Ray Allen, that team will most likely make the playoffs. Allen, Fish, Odom, Gasol, Vlad. Take off Paul, and replace him with Ray Allen, no way in hell the Hornets make the playoffs.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']everyone watched cp3 he was 2nd in voting but kobe was the best player he played injured led LA to the 1 seed despite all the injuries and controversey[/QUOTE]

Controversy he caused. I do give him credit for playing injured. I think it was pretty close and i would have picked CP3 but its not a travesty Kobe got it

[quote name='ph33r m3']That's because he got all this pub from the past two weeks from his playoff push when he finally got some 'prime-time' attention.

Kobe's the best player in the NBA, but not the most valuable. Take off Kobe, and replace him with someone like Ray Allen, that team will most likely make the playoffs. Allen, Fish, Odom, Gasol, Vlad. Take off Paul, and replace him with Ray Allen, no way in hell the Hornets make the playoffs.[/quote]

Exactly.

And there is more to it than that. NO has the 2nd best record in the hardest division in the NBA.

I truly dont think you guys are understand what the guy did. Taking a under 500 team to the 2nd best record in the west is something not even Kobe has done until this year. And kobe has help like a motherfucker.

After shaq the lakers barely did anything. Kobe was still great but couldnt take the lakers back to the top.

CP3 has taking a average team to being the best all the while being only in the league 2 years. Kobe had the best center to learn,help, etc etc. when he was playing and when he didnt have him the team floundered around.

CP3 has nothing man.

Its simply a crime for him to not win it. A crime.

Its like you guys dont realize CP3 is among the top 3 PG in the league and the guy hasnt even got his feet wet in the NBA. Hell we are still waiting for most 3 or 4 year players to start producing and this 2nd year players has taken a sub par team to the 2nd best record in the league. Mind blowing how anyone can say he didnt get robbed.

Again, I am all for kobe and a MVP but not this year.

EDIT By the way.....if you didnt know. NO is up 2-0 on the defending champion spurs. And you sitting there telling me that he didnt get robbed? Sub par team add CP3 and they are beating the defending champions? Pfft.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The one worry i'd have if i'm a Celtics fan, KG can't come up clutch, nor can Pierce. Ray Allen is your only 'go to guy'.

LeBron James will go off on the C's.

Cavaliers in 6.[/QUOTE]
KG: 28 points, 8 rebounds, made a number of clutch shots late
Pierce: Outstanding defense on Lebron
Allen: Didn't show up, didn't matter

Lebron: 12 points, 10 turnovers, 2 for 18 shooting.

[quote name='dafoomie']KG: 28 points, 8 rebounds, made a number of clutch shots late
Pierce: Outstanding defense on Lebron
Allen: Didn't show up, didn't matter

Lebron: 12 points, 10 turnovers, 2 for 18 shooting.[/quote]

Lebron was missing everything tonight... including easy lay-ups!

It seems like one of his worst shooting nights.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Exactly.

And there is more to it than that. NO has the 2nd best record in the hardest division in the NBA.

I truly dont think you guys are understand what the guy did. Taking a under 500 team to the 2nd best record in the west is something not even Kobe has done until this year. And kobe has help like a motherfucker.

After shaq the lakers barely did anything. Kobe was still great but couldnt take the lakers back to the top.

CP3 has taking a average team to being the best all the while being only in the league 2 years. Kobe had the best center to learn,help, etc etc. when he was playing and when he didnt have him the team floundered around.

CP3 has nothing man.

Its simply a crime for him to not win it. A crime.

Its like you guys dont realize CP3 is among the top 3 PG in the league and the guy hasnt even got his feet wet in the NBA. Hell we are still waiting for most 3 or 4 year players to start producing and this 2nd year players has taken a sub par team to the 2nd best record in the league. Mind blowing how anyone can say he didnt get robbed.

Again, I am all for kobe and a MVP but not this year.

EDIT By the way.....if you didnt know. NO is up 2-0 on the defending champion spurs. And you sitting there telling me that he didnt get robbed? Sub par team add CP3 and they are beating the defending champions? Pfft.[/quote]

I honestly wish they could have shared the award. Take Kobe off the Lakers, and you have the Grizzlies, let's be honest. Kobe drives the team and wills them to wins when things aren't clicking. Chris Paul does the same. I've loved watching CP since college, and I think he's the best PG in the league, and one of the top half dozen players, period. Kobe is undeniably the best player in the league, and despite his poor handling of his frustrations, it's obvious he wants to win more than anything else. Kobe and CP were 1a and 1b this year. No crime in giving either one the MVP. It sucks that only one award can be given out when you have two phenomenal seasons like this.

Indeedles, I'd like to see the Hornets win the playoffs this year. If not them, then Celtics.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I honestly wish they could have shared the award. Take Kobe off the Lakers, and you have the Grizzlies, let's be honest. Kobe drives the team and wills them to wins when things aren't clicking. Chris Paul does the same. I've loved watching CP since college, and I think he's the best PG in the league, and one of the top half dozen players, period. Kobe is undeniably the best player in the league, and despite his poor handling of his frustrations, it's obvious he wants to win more than anything else. Kobe and CP were 1a and 1b this year. No crime in giving either one the MVP. It sucks that only one award can be given out when you have two phenomenal seasons like this.[/quote]

I have to whole heartily disagree. CP3 has done 3 times as much work to get his team where they are than kobe.

Its the fucking NO Hornets for god sakes. Take off CP3 and who is the second best player?

Aging Peja who is a shell of his former self from the kings?
A defensive player in bozni wells?
Failed projects in Tyson Chandler(bulls), Mike James(the guy has played for almost every team in the league) and Mo-pete?

I know what you are thinking. What about David West? He ave 20 points a game and 8 rebounds......oh but whats this? If you look at the number he ave 3.8 his first year 6.2 his second. His 3rd year CP3 came along and his numbers jumped to 17 a game the next year and then 18 a game and now 20 a game. Hmm I wonder why that is? Also note that Kobe has never made another players stats more than double.

Lets compare that to the Lakers.
Gasol-superstar ave 20 points a game
Odem-little under a super star 13 a game
Bynum who ave a double double before he got hurt.
Walton who has 12 a game

Then you round it off with guys like fisher and valdimir.

Oh and lets not forget this little gem. The laker are coached by the all time winningest active coach in Phil Jackson. Who do the Hornets have? Byron fucking scott? A guy who wasnt even in basketball during the 03-04 season because no one would hire him. A guy who gone to the finals twice and lost and every other time missed the play offs completely.

From the god damn owner down to the last towel boy. There is NO ONE on the Hornets other than CP3. NO ONE. Its almost foolish to even compare them to the Lakers.

I simply can not see how anyone can make a case for Kobe. Facts dont lie. Kobe although great did noting without a big man. He gets a big man in Bynum...then in Gasol and all of a sudden he is the MVP even after failing numerous times to show that his team is anything but average without an all star line up backing him up. Honestly I dont care how much he wants to win.....he didnt. On the other hand CP3 did....and continues to. Again I am not saying Kobe isnt most likely the best player in the NBA but his team only wins when he his backed up by a stellar line up. He should have won an MVP already.....just not this year.

Please...make a legit case for Kobe. Its such the American way to work really hard prove to everyone that you are the best and be gutted as someone else reaps the reward because of red tape and politics. The other poster said it best....its more of a "lifetime achievement award" than a legit MVP.

Bryon Scott for god sakes! The guy basically has to coach the team himself!

pejas playing great
david west is a beast
mo pete is a solid sg
tyson chandler is a solid C that is a beast at rebounding
pargos solid off the bench

yeah not much talent there and its not like they were healthy the entire season :roll:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']pejas playing great
david west is a beast
mo pete is a solid sg
tyson chandler is a solid C that is a beast at rebounding
pargos solid off the bench

yeah not much talent there and its not like they were healthy the entire season :roll:[/quote]

Look at the fucking stats you idiot.

Tyson was a failure when he played for the Bulls. He wasnt good until he played with Chris. Again look at David West numbers. He wasnt a beast until Paul was drafted.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_west/career_stats.html

Hmm what changed in the 05-06 season? Thats right Paul was drafted then his numbers doubled.

The fact that these players are playing great solely depends on CP3. Mo-pete ave 8 a game. Yeah I am sure his 8 a game is winning them all sorts of games. :roll: Christ the fact that you even say Tyson is solid makes you foolish as he was ran out of Chi town on a rail because he under preformed so much. They were hailing him as the next Kwame Brown for fucks sake.

Its people like you that have no idea what the hell they are talking about that mess up sports. You talk about hype over stats. I am presenting you with actually stats that say that other than Pejas 80% of their team were losers until CP3 played with them.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a Laker avatar....which means all logically talk is closed down do to your idiotic love of your team. I am not even a Hornets fan but you can not look at the numbers and say he is anything but the top 3 PG in the game and without him his team is nothing.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Lebron was missing everything tonight... including easy lay-ups!

It seems like one of his worst shooting nights.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm all for giving the Celtics credit but LeBron looked like he was missing shots he should have made. But then again, every player in that game was working hard on the defensive end.

[quote name='Filbert']Yeah, I'm all for giving the Celtics credit but LeBron looked like he was missing shots he should have made. But then again, every player in that game was working hard on the defensive end.[/quote]

Yah, I dont know. I kinda think boston is in trouble. The cavs only lost by 4 while their superstar player missed everything.

What happens if Bron Bron turns it on?

Man is it me or is the best team in the east having a lot of trouble this play off run?

Yeah, I don't think anyone expected the Celtics/Hawks series to go to Game 7.

I have a feeling this one will as well, Celtics in 7.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Look at the fucking stats you idiot.

Tyson was a failure when he played for the Bulls. He wasnt good until he played with Chris. Again look at David West numbers. He wasnt a beast until Paul was drafted.

Hmm what changed in the 05-06 season? Thats right Paul was drafted then his numbers doubled.

The fact that these players are playing great solely depends on CP3. Mo-pete ave 8 a game. Yeah I am sure his 8 a game is winning them all sorts of games. :roll: Christ the fact that you even say Tyson is solid makes you foolish as he was ran out of Chi town on a rail because he under preformed so much. They were hailing him as the next Kwame Brown for fucks sake.

Its people like you that have no idea what the hell they are talking about that mess up sports. You talk about hype over stats. I am presenting you with actually stats that say that other than Pejas 80% of their team were losers until CP3 played with them.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a Laker avatar....which means all logically talk is closed down do to your idiotic love of your team. I am not even a Hornets fan but you can not look at the numbers and say he is anything but the top 3 PG in the game and without him his team is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Dude, calm the fuck down, and quit being a dick. Seriously.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Look at the fucking stats you idiot.

EDIT: I just noticed you have a Laker avatar....which means all logically talk is closed down do to your idiotic love of your team. I am not even a Hornets fan but you can not look at the numbers and say he is anything but the top 3 PG in the game and without him his team is nothing.[/quote]

Lamar is good when he is a third option. You make him the first or second option, and he's obviously uncomfortable on the court. What was Gasol ever able to win with the Grizzlies? Would Sasha, Farmar, and Fisher be worthy of conversation on their own? Take Kobe off the Lakers, and they are lucky to be a .500 team

I think you shortchange Byron Scott. He coached the Nets to the Finals a few years ago, remember? Was he a terrible coach then? Sure, he didn't get along with J-Kidd, but they still won a lot. He knows basketball. He knows how to coach. Maybe you just don't like him because he's a former Laker?

Tyson Chandler is getting rave reviews because he's on a winning team. His stats aren't drastically different from his career averages.
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 01-02 CHI 71 31 19.6 0.497 0.000 0.604 1.6 3.2 4.8 0.8 0.4 1.3 1.39 2.50 6.1 02-03 CHI 75 68 24.4 0.531 0.000 0.608 2.3 4.6 6.9 1.0 0.5 1.4 1.80 2.90 9.2 03-04 CHI 35 8 22.3 0.424 0.000 0.669 2.3 5.4 7.7 0.7 0.5 1.2 1.09 2.50 6.1 04-05 CHI 80 10 27.4 0.494 0.000 0.673 3.3 6.4 9.7 0.8 0.9 1.8 1.48 3.40 8.0 05-06 CHI 79 50 26.8 0.565 0.000 0.503 3.4 5.7 9.0 1.0 0.5 1.3 1.56 3.80 5.3 06-07 NOK 73 73 34.6 0.624 0.000 0.527 4.4 8.0 12.4 0.9 0.5 1.8 1.73 3.30 9.5 07-08 NOH 79 79 35.2 0.623 0.000 0.593 4.1 7.7 11.7 1.0 0.6 1.1 1.72 3.10 11.8 Career -- 492 319 27.7 0.555 0.000 0.600 3.1 5.9 9.0 0.9 0.6 1.4 1.58 3.10 8.2
Sure, and extra bucket and a couple rebounds more a game, but he's also playing nearly 10 more minutes a game. Bumping up the stats should be a given.

David West? His minutes have doubled since those first two years when he was supposedly a crappy player:
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 03-04 NOH 71 1 13.1 0.474 0.000 0.713 1.6 2.5 4.2 0.8 0.4 0.4 0.68 1.60 3.8 04-05 NOH 30 8 18.4 0.436 0.400 0.680 1.3 3.0 4.3 0.8 0.4 0.5 1.23 2.10 6.2 05-06 NOK 74 74 34.1 0.512 0.273 0.843 2.3 5.1 7.4 1.2 0.8 0.9 1.42 2.90 17.1 06-07 NOK 52 52 36.5 0.476 0.320 0.824 2.4 5.7 8.2 2.2 0.8 0.7 1.88 2.80 18.3 07-08 NOH 76 76 37.8 0.482 0.240 0.850 2.4 6.5 8.9 2.3 0.8 1.3 2.17 2.70 20.6 Career -- 303 211 29.0 0.487 0.279 0.821 2.1 4.8 6.8 1.5 0.7 0.8 1.50 2.50 14.0
An extra 20 minutes a game probably helps the stats a bit, too.

Peja is healthy for the first time in over three years and he's playing like it. I don't like him, but I wouldn't leave him open. Mo Pete has supplied solid defense and hits open shots, which is what you can expect from him. These are solid players who are playing more than they have in recent years. Of course they're stats are going to look better. Yes, Paul drives the team, and yes, they would be much worse without him, but if you look at the matchups, the teams are pretty close talent-wise. The Lakers only real edge would be Gasol over Chandler.

Kobe and CP are a wash
Fish and Mo-Pete are pretty even
Radmonovic and Stojakovic fill the same role
Lamar and West would be pretty even
Gasol > Chandler (obviously), but Gasol is no prime-era Shaq (Bynum would have been a wash with Chandler)

The bench players all improve because of what Kobe and CP do on the floor. Things open up for them. Both guys are deserving because both decent teams that would struggle without their leaders.

http://hoopsaddict.com/2008/04/16/calculating-chris-pauls-bid-for-mvp/

Honestly. Do you even fucking follow basketball? Thats the problem. You people dont actually know what the hell your talking about. You choose hype over actually stats. The reason why I hate casual fans...you follow the same 5 players around calling them the greatest without ever looking at anything.

Do you not understand that Chris Paul has broken numerous records this season. Not only becoming the first person EVER to lead the league in ASST, Steals while scoring over 20 a game. Wait wait wait. Let me say that again. He is the first person EVER....do you understand what the fuck that means? EVER. That means, not kobe, not Shaq, not Wilt, Not Jordan...THE FIRST PERSON fuckING EVER. To do that. Alright. Pull your head out of your ass and actually look at the stats.

Lets take a look at this article I will link.

"Based on traditional stats, Paul bests his chief MVP rival, Kobe Bryant: Paul has the superior FG%, FT%, 3PT%, assist per game, steals per game, and turnovers per game, while Bryant wins in points per game, rebounds per game, and blocks per game. Paul tallies a 6-3 decision."

Hmm. So going by just stats Paul is twice as good at Kobe.

"To summarize, Paul shoots better, creates 12% more points per game, and only generates 0.9 fewer possessions per game than Bryant."

Seriously. No matter how you look at it. Either just stats or being valuable to his team Paul is vastly superior to EVERYONE in the league. He simply is the best player in the league.

Now I know....you are going to come back with something retarded about how _____ (insert anyone else name) is better. Then I am going to tell you to look at the actually stats. The stats that show the Paul leads the league in more category than anyone else in the league. For an overall player there simply is no one else in the League that matches up with Paul.

You cant stop him from scoring 20 points a game, you cant stop him from creating shots for other people 11 asst game...and hell for good measure he is leading the league in steals so he is breaking up all your plays.

bread's done
Back