The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Thursday's gonna kick off the season for me, decent sized community sale listed as well as a promising looking single sale.

Heck yeah for Stubbs the Zombie, one of the few original XBox games that was worth owning to me. It's fairly linear and tough at times, but there's no other game I can think of that does as good a job letting you play through a zombie apocalypse from the other side. Also, the soundtrack is killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the TNA item was a game used(or match worn for wrestling) card.  And the guy that sold me Stubbs, was more worried about

how much he was getting for the GTA games, Stubbs was just kind of thrown into the deal, atleast from his perspective 

@mirkpered ... your weekend is going to outdo my whole season this year!!

This weekend is light on yard sales around me, but the following weekend there are at least 8 town wides going on within driving distance -_- now I just have to decide where to go.

I woke up at 5AM from a dream where I found a really dirty NES toploader, a jaguar, a SNES, and some really dirty games.

I planned on retiring from sales. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it though.

Today was meh. It was cloudy, 50 degrees and super windy. Not many sales.

Small HDTV 720p- $10

Vtech Smile Pocket with a shit load of games/accessories- $15

iPod dock and iPad case- $3

Notre Dame jacket- $10

lNcvm1P.jpg

jrY6gxb.jpg

a9lRzpu.jpg

[attachment=13656:IMG_4024.JPG]

This stuff was all from different sales. Guitar Hero 5 just has the guitar, not the game. Wanted $10, took $5. My friend's been offering to buy a 360 guitar off me since hers broke, so this one will be hers.

Zelda Twilight Princess - wanted $5, took $3. Complete.

Halo 2 - $1. Complete, even still has an unused Xbox Live trial in it. Not sure if it'd be any good now given the game's age.

Simpsons Road Rage - $1. Complete.

I also picked up a spiffy gumball machine that I couldn't fit in the picture. Wanted $15, took $7. It's got a few cosmetic flaws but works fine. Now I just need to figure out where to keep it...

First time out for the season. Got several decent gaming items but score of the day was a minty fresh complete WoW Vanilla Collectors Edition...total cost...$3

Yard sales were a major bust for me this weekend. I missed out on a small stack of DS stuff at the first sale I went to, but I did manage to buy Touch Detective from the guy who bought it for $3.

Two of my favorite town-wide sales are happening on the same day this year (along with seemingly every other town in NJ)... stupid long winter is still messing everything up!

Does everybody here just randomly drive around and find yard sales? There is an outdoor flea market by me every Saturday and Sunday that I went to last year. Seemed like most of the people that had games were dealers. Want to try yard sales this year.

Does everybody here just randomly drive around and find yard sales? There is an outdoor flea market by me every Saturday and Sunday that I went to last year. Seemed like most of the people that had games were dealers. Want to try yard sales this year.
I go by craigslist and gsalr. If I see signs along the way, I'll stop by.

So far garage sales have being going great for me. Last weekend I got a lot of micro machines for $10 that I'll get $100+ for. On Monday I got a lot of Legos of $60 that I'll get $120+ for. Today has by far been the best with this lot for only $60.

GameCube with cords
2 controllers(1 official, 1 madcatz)
2 memory cards
Mario Party 4(complete)
Luigi's Mansion(complete)
Super Mario Sunshine(complete)
Namco Museum(complete)
Sonic Mega Collection(complete)
N4S hot pursuit 2(complete)
All-Star Baseball 2004(complete)
Preview Disc(complete)

Silver ps2 slim with controller and cords
Dance mat and 2 bad games

Sega Genesis with cords & 4 controllers
Wheel of fortune(cartridge only)
Fantasia(cartridge only)
RoboCop 3(cartridge only)
Dynamite Headdy (cartridge only)
Spider-Man(cartridge only)
Sonic the hedgehog 1-3(all complete)
Scooby-Doo Mystery(complete, and it actually sells for $25+)
World of Illusion(complete)
NBA Jam T.E.
World Series Baseball
NCAA football
Brutal
Monopoly
Triple play golf edition
Family feud(cartridge only)

I also picked up WWF SmackDown 2: Know your Role and WWF War Zone for $1/each at a different sale.

flea%20market%20april%2012%202015.jpg

Mostly flea market finds for this past weekend. Kirby, My Sims Kingdom and Summer Athletics for Wii are sealed. (Kirby Return to Dreamland was a facebook deal on the way back from the flea market).Road Rash 3d and Ducati Racing for ps1 are also sealed. Mech Assault full game not for resale is also sealed. Loved Drakengard back in the day, so when I saw it for 3 bucks complete, had to pick it up.

Comics 5 for 4 bucks(top 2 comics came with battlefront 2 guide for 5 bucks), Klonoa 2 was 2 bucks, disc only unfortunately

Are you talking about Brumwell's? I usually have pretty good luck there, the trick is to skip the dealers and go straight to the guys with the open trucks full of clean out stuff.

Stopped at a yard sale today.  I snagged Wolfenstein New Order (360) and WWE Ultimate Warrior Blueray (sealed) for $1. 

This is what I found, in the last two weeks. I bought the Boxed SNES at the swap-meet, for $15 and the other SNES for $3 at a yard-sale (console only). The PS1 games were from a yard sale, some kid was selling his Dad's "old CDs" for 2X$4. I made it pretty far in MegaMan Legends 2, lol ( to some fire/lava robot boss).

[attachment=13833:Kranekinjar Apr finds.JPG]

Are you talking about Brumwell's? I usually have pretty good luck there, the trick is to skip the dealers and go straight to the guys with the open trucks full of clean out stuff.
Yes I am. Maybe I'm going at the wrong time? Seems like everytime I go people either want ebay prices or have nothing at all.

I have a list for today. It's not great, sales are further apart than I like and there's not enough of them but it's a list and I'll do it. Eager to get this season going.

I found a few things today. The games were all junk that I saw. I also saw a GS employee looking for video games. (He was trading in PS2s for cash at one of the other gamestops because "they are free money"). More competition, great.

I did pretty well today.

Persona Q came in today from Newegg. I grabbed the Atari joystick for $1.99 at a Goodwill, Hot Shots Golf 2 was from another Goodwill for $2.99. Twin Peaks was $4.99 from a Goodwill.

The rest were garage sales. The Back to the Future trilogy was $2.00 on DVD. Seasons 1-3 of 30 Rock and season 3 of the Sopranos were $1.00 each. Monkey Ball Touch and Roll was $2.00. The two WWE games were $10.00 total. She wanted $7.50 each but took $10.00 for both. Tetris Party was $2.00 at another sale. Not an amazing day but very solid way to start the year.

I left the wrastlin games and the monkey ball for you. ;) I got excited when I saw that DS, but that broken top display killed it.

The wii games she wanted $7.50 and she asked me if that is too much. I told her, for me it is, but maybe not to someone else. She then said "how about $5 each?" I ended up leaving everything.  Guess now I know the wrestling games are worth picking up. :wall: This is a case where having internet access would have helped me.  She had a lot of "kids/sports games" and I thought about the one madden game, but for $5 I didn't want to risk it. Crap just looked it up. I think she had madden 13 when I was there. :dunce:

I literally had that tetris party in my hand and I got distracted and set it back in the box.

I did manage to get an item that sells for $70 at a sale yesterday, but I am not going to post it. I have to keep some things secret. :whistle2:$

for 2015 so far, Ive had a few game finds

- 10 Wii games, 2 wii mote plus connectors, X360 controller - $10

- Wii and 16 games and a bunch of accessories including 2 wii mote plus controlleters - $20

- X360 console, 17 games (nothing rare), 2 controllers, 20 gig hard drive - $46

Last week for $12 total I got:

Virtua Fighter 2 Saturn Complete

Duke Nukem 3d Saturn Complete

Star Wars Arcade 32x complete

Virtua Racing Deluxe 32x Complete

Doom 32x Complete

Digimon PS1 Complete

Super Mario 2 cart only

another complete Saturn game, 4 complete common PS1 games and a bunch off game accessories

Def the best random yard sale day in awhile as mot of these games were found at noon in a widely picked over community sale

I left the wrastlin games and the monkey ball for you. ;) I got excited when I saw that DS, but that broken top display killed it.

The wii games she wanted $7.50 and she asked me if that is too much. I told her, for me it is, but maybe not to someone else. She then said "how about $5 each?" I ended up leaving everything. Guess now I know the wrestling games are worth picking up. :wall: This is a case where having internet access would have helped me. She had a lot of "kids/sports games" and I thought about the one madden game, but for $5 I didn't want to risk it. Crap just looked it up. I think she had madden 13 when I was there. :dunce:

I literally had that tetris party in my hand and I got distracted and set it back in the box.

I did manage to get an item that sells for $70 at a sale yesterday, but I am not going to post it. I have to keep some things secret. :whistle2:$
Ha ha, I knew what WWE 13 was worth. Looked up 12 real quick. Tetris I just grabbed because it was cheap, when I saw what it goes for I was pleasantly surprised. The rest of her games were complete worthless junk so I left them. Wasn't paying that for random commons but knowing what WWE 13 goes for I wasn't leaving it.

Monkey Ball I just grabbed because it was cheap. The DS was already gone by the time I got there. I might have thought about her Star Wars games if they weren't so much more than the rest.

I usually stay out of your area but there weren't a lot of sales today so I went where the sales were, ha ha. I got a late start though so not surprised I was only seeing your left overs. Did you get anything good in the community there? That sale was hell. Lots of houses but parking was insane and it took me twice as long as it should have just trying to find spots. Did you hit that one sale that was off on it's own down the side road in the neighborhood? They had a bunch of N64 games and a few PS2/Xbox games plus a random boxed Game Gear game. By the time I got there it was nothing good left but the guy said they had been picked over earlier.

Did you get anything good in the community there? That sale was hell. Lots of houses but parking was insane and it took me twice as long as it should have just trying to find spots. Did you hit that one sale that was off on it's own down the side road in the neighborhood? They had a bunch of N64 games and a few PS2/Xbox games plus a random boxed Game Gear game. By the time I got there it was nothing good left but the guy said they had been picked over earlier.
One of my "epic finds" was in that neighborhood (still not posted- sorry everyone!) I am usually pretty lucky there, but yesterday I saw 4 sets of dealers, so I was trying to stay ahead of them. I also bought a vintage lawn chair for my balcony $2 and a somewhat valuable board game $1 (not pictured).

Disney DVDs and around 15 lbs of legos. Wanted: 29.50, CIF $20

^^This is it from the neighborhood. I am trying to be more conservative as space is an issue and the rule of "any game is worth a buck" seems to no longer apply with the current trade in values/GS pricing on anything "last gen".

---

That side road sale I've been going to for years. The son/mom never want to deal. Every year they put out the same n64 games. I know I bought the better ones in the past (but they had a game shark-non speckled that I left in the past and I didn't see it this year). This year they finally dropped the prices, so I picked this stuff up: $10 total (Oh and I negotiated with the Dad)

Vintage bank, cobra radar detector (going on ebay, not sure of they are legal in IL), (misc monster cables, PS2 cables, etc-not pictured)

Nightmare Creatures N64 and WCW Nitro Black Label FACTORY SEALED

The SEALED PS1 game and the game gear game (that you saw) were new at their sale though. IDK where they got them from. I couldn't leave the PS1 game as I figured it was worth it. ;)

more to come

:bouncy:

EDIT: Now that I think about it...another one of my epic finds came from there (there are a few I haven't taken photos of still) as well as some of my cheap n64 lots. I think I got a couple of bundles in that neighborhood for $5 or something, so I've picked it clean of the "retro" games.

Very nice. I'd have grabbed Nightmare Creatures, ha ha. There was an N64 gameshark there still, don't know if it's the one you've seen in the past but there still was one.

They weren't set up yet when I got there, but yeah that is the less valuable game shark. Probably worth it for $3 if it was priced like the other n64 games, but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. I made the mistake of going there first, so I didn't want to spend too much time. Hopefully one of the cables I got is a "coaxial digital cable". I've been looking everywhere for one to hook my receiver up to my HDTV.

I figured you'd be there since there aren't many sales yet. Kinda hard to pass up a neighborhood sale. I'm glad a CAG got the stuff. It makes me feel like less of an idiot for passing on it  :lol:. 

I didn't realize it was a neighborhood sale until I got there. Just saw an ad for one of the sales. I feel good grabbing it since you had already passed haha. 

I still regret selling my Jaguar... but then I remember I never played it when I had it. Growing up I always wanted one because it looked so cool in the Boscov's electronics department.

Only find for me today was:

Marked $2 each, paid $5 total.

All xbox 360, complete & in excellent shape:

Transformers Revenge of the fallen

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

Fable III

Edit: Damn, Jaguar game prices have gone up the past couple years!!

Today I was a minute late to every garage sale.

I missed a 40 Game PS2 lot with a PS2 for $60

A PSP with 7 games for $20

A bunch of random games that included Mario sunshine New Super Mario Wii for $1 each

What I did find was

Lion King Blu Ray - $2

a bag of 28 skylanders that I CIFed for $10 (she wanted $20)

A disc only Smash Bros wii and Naruto Japanese GBA game for 50 cents each

Complete Xbox Halo 1 and Halo 2 and complete 360 Halo 3 for $1 each

DS cart only Sonic Rush and Sonic Dark Chronicles and disc only PS1 monster Rancher 2 for  $5 total

A random lot of pokemon cards, kingdom heart tcg, Sailor moon tcg, Alien boxed ReAction, Tales of Symphonia Artbook, 2 Kingdom Heart Mangas, Final Fantasy X jewelery (that may be boot legged) and a boxed Squall play arts figure (that opened in the car because of the heat, the blister fell off) with a few other miscellaneous things for $27

It was a okay day.  I haven't really sold any of my finds in the last 2 years but the skylanders is going on Craigslist tonight to pay for the day and gas.

It turns out one of the pokemon holos is a $25 to $30 card and the there are a number of $5 to $10 cards from the pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Kingdom Hearts cards.

There were multiple community sales in my city today, but most of them just had furniture or baby clothes. I did get lucky at a few...

[attachment=13921:IMG_4089.JPG]

Ms Pac-Man plug-n-play was $1. PS1 games were from another sale that got started late in the day (drove up at 11am or so and they were just setting up). 50 cents each, pleased with that score.

[attachment=13922:IMG_4088.JPG]

These game guides were 10 cents each. I was planning on just picking up the AC ones (one of my friends is really into the series), but for that price I decided to grab all they had.

Non-video game finds:

[attachment=13923:IMG_4087.JPG]

The rest of the books are from the same sale as the guides above, it was 10 cents for any book so I thought why not make a dollar. The plain red one is a kids' novella.

3D puzzle was from the same sale as Ms Pac-Man, $1 for the puzzle as well.

We are off to a slow but decent start here after a long, brutal winter. Can't complain too much though:

IMG_0987_1.jpg

1st sale: :ps3: Demon's Souls, :br: Inception (steelbook) and :gba: Pokemon Silver for $12 total.

2nd sale: :dvd: Batman TAS volume 1 & 2 for $2 each and a :ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar + Drum with dongles for $5.

With Rock Band 4 announced to support last-gen guitars, this could be a very profitable summer if I can keep finding 'em this cheap. Although for now, these are probably going straight to Amazon while their TIV is still high.

Found a copy of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii for $5. It works... sorta. It boots up and gets through the opening credits but as soon as it tries to start the game, it crashes. Does anyone know a place I can go to to resurface it?

The Jaguar is why I haven't retired from Garage sales. I haven't found one yet.

---

Resurfacing is usually done at independent game stores. IDK where you live, so I can't recommend a specific place.

---

I got a good handheld lot today and a vintage find. Pics to come...

I'm probably going to the flea market in the morning. This year has been good so far. Loving my $20 dollar NES TopLoader find two months ago.

Never thought Id see one in a private sale let alone that wouldn't have a understanding of the value. Still curious as to how she got to that number. I didn't bother haggling because I'm pretty sure resellers were walking up and down the isles and I didn't want to start a bidding war or bring any more attention. I'm a CAG but not risking a pickup over saving $5 bucks. The console was sitting in a pile of crappy household appliances but out and visible.

Found a copy of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii for $5. It works... sorta. It boots up and gets through the opening credits but as soon as it tries to start the game, it crashes. Does anyone know a place I can go to to resurface it?
Mom and pop game stores, video rental stores that buy used movies.

I need to keep up on posts and gain ground on the old ones...

(original dates 2013-2014, not posted previously)

$2 total MISC game stuff

$3 total Controllers!

$1 total Thundercats!

$3 MW3 standee. They wanted $10, I offered $3. I also got their number and I ended up buying one of my epic finds from last year (still not posted).

more to come...

:bouncy:

Had my first really good yard sale day of the season! I started off going to a sale that had 360, PS2, and Wii games and figured it'd be mostly sports stuff. I was right, but managed to snag a complete PS2 with some extra controllers and some games for $20.

Next up was an estate sale that mentioned "an old Nintendo tape system" that I was super excited for, but when I got there it turned out to be an Atari that someone had already claimed. That sucked, but on my way from there to the next sale I spotted a random sale by the side of the road. As I walked up there was a huuuge suitcase full of NES and Genesis games plus assorted cords and controllers. I asked the woman what she wanted it for it and she said $60 and I countered with $50, but she wouldn't budge so I not-so-grudgingly paid the $60. Highlights are Rolling Thunder 2 & 3, Mega Man, TMNT 3, and multiple Mario and Zelda games I'm hoping I can trade for something more valuable.

My last stop for the day took me to a pretty big community sale where I cleaned up pretty well. First was an Intellivision and a box of CiB games that I got for $20. It was supposed to be for a friend but it turns out she's looking for a Colecovision, so I'll have to find another home for it. I did test it and a few games out and it looks like they're all working, so that's cool.

And lastly I found these DS games throughout the rest of the community and paid $22 total. Very happy for more Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back