The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to leave one I joined on Facebook, it was getting too irritating. Too many people trying to resell amiibos and other stuff that just came out and bashing people who pick up stuff cheap at yard sales. And don't even get me started on the relentless fanboy squeeing,and this coming from an ardent fanboy himself.
I don't do social media. I was thinking set up a page on CAG. I would take most of it to the local game store but they want to give you nothing for it, even if it's in trade.

Here's the stuff from last Sunday, paid $7.00 for everything. The N64 is missing the pak cap and the controller's stick is messed up.

[attachment=12842:Krane.PNG]

Here's the stuff from last Sunday, paid $7.00 for everything. The N64 is missing the pak cap and the controller's stick is messed up.

attachicon.gif
Krane.PNG
Not bad... the expansion pak alone is worth $25, last time I checked. You can also swap that controller shell with a more common color that has a better stick.
I think Ultimate Tenkaichi has a bit of value, too.

First yard sale of the year.  Only one and it was pretty small, but I got all this for $0.50.

U14Fs2w.jpg

Reading this thread has me motivated for yard sales.  This is the first time in like 5-6 years that I have Saturdays off!!!  Hopefully I'll be able to post some great finds.  I have another 2-3 weeks I'd say until the yard sale season starts, the snow is almost gone...lol.

Just so happened to have a Thursday sale right next to my house (I live in the middle of nowhere), that listed video games, it's like a real life unicorn.

Got Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the Xbox disc only for 1$.

Should add a nice chunk of change to the garage sale budget.

So I've finally got enough yard sales lined up to justify going out tomorrow, but I've got a "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" situation. There's someone up the street from me that confirmed they have some games (no more details than that) and then a community flea market about 25 minutes away with no games. Both start at the start time. Decisions, decisions...

Nice find Needler! I've yet to see a gen 1 Sega CD in the wild. Still no yard sales for me yet, in the next couple weeks there should be enough for me start my season.

This season could be rough for me though. I've been doing storage auctions, and all the extra stuff I get I bring to an auction house. The time to bring stuff is Saturday mornings...

Any way, it's good to be back! 

So I learned an important lesson this morning about getting greedy. I had a line on a definite video game cache, but decided to hit another place up first, thinking the first was relatively safe. I got to the sale with the video games about an hour after it started, only to find all the games gone. It was apparently a big box of PS2 stuff which still sucks, but isn't as bad as it would have been were it Nintendo.

Today I found this for $30 at the flea market. It's new never been used.
[attachment=13173:IMAG0071.jpg][attachment=13174:IMAG0072.jpg]

Hit 4 sales, snagged a SNES system w/hookups and two controllers (very yellow) and 3 complete DS games, Mario Party DS, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and New Super Mario Bros for $20 

It wasn't a yardsale find, but I had to brag.   my older neighbor came up to me yesterday and asked if I wanted some FREE woodworking tools.

being a cheapass I said sure.       it ended up being three truck loads of stuff

14" gas chainsaw, almost new

echo weed eater

husky gas blower

brand new welder

a router table

band saw

turkey cooker

other stuff I haven't even gone through it all yet

roughly figuring  I got almost 1000 dollars worth of stuff for  free.     That's the best yardsale

Yesterday and today were the first times I tried my hand at doing yard sales. Most people had crap clothes or broken old toys. Wasn't interested.

Luckily I found a yard sale from someone who buys storage units and sells the contents. She had a shit ton of Rock Band, Band Hero, DS games, etc. sealed but I only got Cooking Mama 4 since it was the only one of worth. $1/each.

Also picked up King of Fighters 95 (Black Label, $1) PS1, Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back PS1 (Black Label, $1), Pokemon Masters Arena (PC, $1.34) and Black Ops 2 360 ($7).

la6bT3J.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On Friday I got a GC-GBA link cable and a GBA multiplayer cable. $1 each. There was also a like-new Sudoku TV gaming system for $3, which I bought mostly in the hopes of flipping it.

Non-video game finds: $1 small bag of Pokemon Burger King toys, $1 Webkinz plush, $3 Tamagotchi with a lanyard. Already sold the Tamagotchi for close to $20 on ebay.

Not quite enough sales to warrant me going out this weekend, it's getting close to starting up though, the weather was perfect for garage sales.

Man... the community sales I went to today were Wii-city.
I saw at least 15 different Wiis being sold. One lady was selling her system, Wii Fit Board and several shovelware accessories and games for $30. I told her to put it up on Craigslist for $50 and that if I didn't have a Wii already, I would've taken her up on that for sure. I did buy her one worthwhile game, Mario Kart Wii, for $3, though.

Anyway, my total haul was:

Mario Kart Wii - $3

Wii Sports x3 - $1 each. (All came from different sales)

1 PS2 Slim (missing AC adapter) - $5

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - $2

I also got a bag of like 25 loose Wii & Gamecube games for $10. I saw Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Kart and some other decent Wii games in there... so I offered him $10, knowing full well that the games could have been scratched to hell. Turns out most of them were in very, very rough shape. I tested them and most of them still played, but I didn't feel comfortable trading or selling them online, due to their condition... so I took a select bunch of them to GameStop with the PS2 system I got for $5 and managed to get $75 in trade.

The copy of Smash Bros game was in surprisingly good shape, so I kept that for trade or sale. I also kept a copy of  Kirby Air Ride for the GameCube, but it needs resurfacing before I do anything with it.

All that's left, other than that, is about 12 cheap/crappy Wii and GameCube games, that I'm going to sell in a bundle at my garage sale for like $5 or something.
I was worried after I saw that most of the games were very scratched up, but it turned out to be a really good buy, as when all things are said and done, I should get a $100+ value out of it.

GameStop was actually very trusting of me, when I brought in the bunch of the scratched games. I told them that I tested them all, but I couldn't get one to work. They took in all the games I said  worked for normal trade and took the one that was too scratched and charged me a refurbishing fee. I really like my local GameStop. Employees are all very nice.

First yard sale pickups of the year.  Friday morning, two sales.  $6 total.  WiiU game is new/sealed.  The CD's I'll give as gifts.  Not my style.

med_gallery_354731_8582_21827.jpg

This weekend turned out to be pretty bad for yard sales, as the temperature dipped back down to freezing and there were flurries all morning on Saturday. No video games to be found, but I did pick up a bunch of manga for my wife for $1 apiece along with Pokemon Black/White guide for myself for the same amount.

Past 2 weeks finds. I also found 2 DSi+Pokemon Diamond and Wario Woods (SNES), I can't find them ATM, lol. Each game was $5 but, I haggled the price for 2 for $8. I'm really hyped about the XBOX and PS2 games!

[attachment=13363:Kranekinjar YS 2 weeks.PNG]

My first find of the season and I'm  happy.

$50 for all (not a screaming deal, but I didn't mind with both of those Battletoads games in the mix).

Man, got a storage unit today for $20. First box had a few NES & SNES games. A couple other boxes had cables for every system imaginable, but the only systems to be found for a slim ps2 & a fat ps2. Also had a couple empty Wii U game cases. I was wondering when I'd first start seeing that stuff in units, but didn't expect it to be this soon.

A buddy of mine got a room for $25, had a few NES, Genesis, & Atari 7800 games.. but again, no systems! Ah well. I'm just happy the prices were dirt cheap today.

Man, got a storage unit today for $20. First box had a few NES & SNES games. A couple other boxes had cables for every system imaginable, but the only systems to be found for a slim ps2 & a fat ps2. Also had a couple empty Wii U game cases. I was wondering when I'd first start seeing that stuff in units, but didn't expect it to be this soon.

A buddy of mine got a room for $25, had a few NES, Genesis, & Atari 7800 games.. but again, no systems! Ah well. I'm just happy the prices were dirt cheap today.
Wow. They don't go for less than $400 by me. I wish I could find low cost units.

Out of curiosity what do you do with the rest of the stuff in the storage unit? I'm always tempted to go check out an auction or two, but I my wife would absolutely murder me if I brought home an entire locker worth of stuff (I'm really only interested in the games, anyway.)

Wow. They don't go for less than $400 by me. I wish I could find low cost units.
That's around what I usually pay. This auction was really close to home, didn't make it on Auctionzip or any of the other websites... and a few towns around me had auctions at the same time. If it was a normal auction day the prices on some of the rooms would have been much higher.

All that said, I finished getting through everything earlier... Ended up with about 100 NIB Barbies (none are worth too much on their own, but there is strength in numbers) and also ended up finding a black DS Lite console & a Zelda themed original 3DS console (but the top screen is cracked). I know it's not yard sale related, but hope you all don't mind hearing the finds anyway (the best of the games I found were: Legend of Zelda NES, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Wolfenstein 3D on SNES, & Mario 3; only empty cases for 3DS games).

My favorite thing about auctions is meeting other 'auction hunters' who aren't in to video games and are willing to sell me stuff. That... and all the riff-raff I run in to.

@Mike_TV : I have a 10x20 storage unit I work out of, and wish I had more space. If I'm in a town with a dump, I will go through the unit where I bought it and get rid of the trash as I go. If it's close to home, I bring everything to my own storage place and get through it there. I'd say 95% of what I got yesterday was either for the thrift shop or the dump... but that other 5% ended up being really good. If I had more space, there is a lot more I would keep to sell, and probably a lot more units I would buy lol.

Went to a storage auction a few years ago, they opened everything before the auction and set a few items in front that they thought would make it sell. I'm sure they kept anything of value. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything and I never went back to another one.

Very cool, dasme313. I live in the city so I think the market for storage auctions is already pretty strong, so I just try to keep tabs on various people I know who do clean outs and check in with them everyone so often. I know I'm paying a bit of premium buying from them, but it's better than retail.

My first moving sale of the year, and I scored a wii rock band 2 set(wireless drum set, cymbals, mic, wireless guitar, but no game), Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) game with the big box for the guitar but the lady says the guitar was missing, and a big bag of pokemon(some good cards), yugioh, and various other cards. All of it for only $10.

Picked a Dc and 21 games with hookups and 2 controllers for $10 and I also picked up a ps2 slim and several games for $20

Still not enough sales worth going out yet. Probably a few more weeks and then I will be back out every Sat morning.

But in the mean time here is my pick ups from the swap meet at the local anime con. Everything that I traded was pretty much leftovers from craigslist, yardsales, and other things that weren't worth the time for me to try to sell.

I also got $20 dollars for a bag of Transformers toys I got last year for a few dollars. It was all modern stuff, but it seemed hard to figure out what was what and alot of them were damaged (very well played with).

The only that that could of made me happier was getting rid of more of the junky stuff I didn't want. Not pictured are a few things I traded to get things that seemed like they would be either worth selling later or trading easier. Like a few old manga books for Full Metal Alchemist 1 - 3, some series called Ninja Girls, and others.

[attachment=13493:20150404_134629.jpg]

Had my first video game find of the season! Got a stack of Xbox, GCN, and PS2 stuff (plus Fantasia for the wife) for $30. Not the best deal ever, but those Godzilla games are a really cool find.

Today was the city wide sale in Cuba, MO and I ran out of money at 9AM. But all that matters is I finally got a copy of Mutant League Hockey. I'll get pics up later of the rest of the haul.

Mike_TV, seeing that haul reminds me of one of my first good finds last season... it was a box of minty complete Gamecube games... I still regret selling the Fire Emblem I got out of that lot.

This weekend was a great haul even though I spent too much. I got the one thing I've been wanting though for a long time and some PS2s to take to Gamestop for trade credit. Here's the stories of the 2015 Cuba City Wide Yard Sale!

16856974390_da5e022e94_b.jpg

This was a nice find during the Cuba city wide. I pulled up to this sale and looked around and found the box of CDs marked $0.50 each. I asked if she'd sell the whole box and said she would so I offered her $3. She was hesitant and countered with $5 and I bit. There are some great CDs in here including Blues Traveler, Count Basie, and Charlie Parker. Overall a great deal!

16837111847_455425869b_b.jpg

This is a house I always have luck at during the Cuba city wide. I saw these guitars and walked away but then came back to pick them up. Each guitar was marked $7.50 so I offered $10 for the pair and was countered with $12. I took it and both worked fine. They were: 

Nintendo Wii Pro Guitar Rock Band
Xbox 360 Guitar Heroes Warriors of Rock Guitar

16858310089_fc46e89399_b.jpg

First PS2 find of the Cuba city wide sale.walked up and saw a PS2 sticking out of a bag and asked how much. They told me $15 and I countered with $10 but they wouldn't budge. Came with:

PS2 System w Power and A/V
Mad Catz Controller
PS2 DualShock Controller
DT Racer (SEALED)
Corvette (SEALED)
GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
Gran Turismo 4
Madden 06
Midnight Club
Tekken Tag
Nascar Thunder 2003
NBA Live 07
Madden 07 Hall of Fame Edition

16837128727_207c7b221e_b.jpg

This was the first sale in a subdivision I usually hit every year at the Cuba city wide. Saw a few boxes with some game stuff and asked the guy how much. He told me to make an offer and I CIF'ed him $20. No luck but he said $25 would do it. I took it and got:

Xbox System w A/V & Power
2 PS2 Slim with A/V, RF, & Power
Fat PS2
1 Xbox Controller 
4 PS2 Controllers

PS2 Games:
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
Guitar Hero World Tour
Godfather
GTA Vice City Stories
CODENAME Kids Next Door
Black
 Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Big Mutha Truckers 2
Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005
Band Hero
Jet X2O
LEGO Batman

Disc Only:
Jak II
Cars
Crash of the Titans
Driv3r
Sly 2
TNA Impact
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Simpsons Road Rage
MTX Untamed
Smackdown V Raw 2007

16858320699_1f3ec16586_b.jpg

By far one of my best finds at the Cuba city wide ever. I pulled up to this one as I remembered it advertised games. I started looking and saw a box of Genesis games and a system. I saw the $50 price tag and was about to ignore it and I saw Zombies on top. I dug a little deeper in the box and found... MUTANT LEAGUE HOCKEY!!! One of my white whales for 15 years! I tried to talk her down and eventually we agreed to $45. There was a bunch more in the box worth it. It included:
Genesis System w RF & Power
Genesis Control

Boxed Games:
Dune
NBA Jam TE
NHL 95
Joe Montana Sports Talk
Tinhead
Earthworm Jim
Ms. Pac-man
Sonic the Hedgehog
General Chaos
NFL Football '94
Eternal Champions
Phantasy Star II
Batman Returns
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Cart Only:
Mutant League Hockey
La Russa Baseball 95
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (x2)
Tecmo Super Bowl
Super Street Fighter 2
P.T.O.
Rocket Knight Adventures
Spider-Man X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
Columns 3
6-Pak
Lion King
Ferrari Racer
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Vectorman
Mortal Kombat 3
Golden Axe 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Classics
ESPN NHL
Eternal Champions
Samurai Showdown
Sonic & Knuckles (x2)
Terminator 2
Bill Walsh College Football (w cards)

16424370713_820ff95b1e_b.jpg

Got back home from the city wide and pulled up to this sale in my town. Immediately saw the guitar and grabbed it. Then lady running said everything in that tote was a nickel. So I grabbed:

Baseball Glove (for my son this year)
NERF Guns (x2)
Nerf attachments (x2)
XBOX Guitar Hero 3 Guitar
Wired PS2 control
Wired 360 control

Gave the lady $0.50 and was on my way.

This weekend was a great haul even though I spent too much. I got the one thing I've been wanting though for a long time and some PS2s to take to Gamestop for trade credit. Here's the stories of the 2015 Cuba City Wide Yard Sale!

What a bunch of great finds, if you are interested in selling any of those Genesis games cheap let me know!

20150329_112001.jpg

First weekend of the year at the Flea Market. I think I spent 50 something bucks for everything. Got the 2 gta's and stubbs

for 10 bucks total, Bassmaster was 3 bucks, so was ice hockey with manual. Yugioh ps1 game was 6 bucks. The rest was 35 if i remember right. 

20150405_093522.jpg

Second weekend at the flea market. Was Easter, so not as many sellers. Found Resident Evil in a music cd box, 2 for 5. Other games/dvd are 1 dollar each

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back