The Official 2016 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the big sellers around you? Around here people seem to buy up the housewares when I host a sale, but they don't pay a lot for it.
Around here, fishing items, camping items, and military memorabilia which we had none of. Weather worked out in our favor though. It rained part of the morning and we were 1 of 2 sales in town.

The big selling items for us were media items mostly. After that it was mostly kid toys and outdoor items like a bike and play equipment.

Picked up from yesterday and today. Still new to yardsales and still looking for OE Xbox and PS1 games...

Yesterday:

Ps1 Metal Gear Solid long box

Ps2 Metal Gear Solid long box (looks like from the ps2 box collection?)

Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary edition blu Ray

Full Metal Jacket Blu Ray

Ultimate Versus 3 disc DVD steelbook (know nothing about film got it because look odd)

Free code geass limited edition part 1 box with booklet art and Esp1 soundtrack CD (Sucks that they couldnt find the DVD)

Total: $5

Today:

Scooby Doo Where are you Clue Board Game (look at link below: not knowledgeable on board games, but who doest love scooby doo? CIB mint)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scooby-Doo-Where-Are-You-CLUE-Board-Game-Parker-Brothers-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-/371611123071?hash=item5685bfbd7f:g:S5EAAOSwaGtXEUQP

Total: $1

Fatal Frame 2 DE xbox CIB

Sonic Mega Collection xbox CIB

Left 4 Dead 2 xbox 360

Dark Souls 1 xbox 360

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY xbox 360

Halo 1-3 xbox and xbox 360

Total: $11

The Halo lot was $3 and got it because of halo 3. (got the CE steelbook free)

Got xbox 360 games since dont have it and it was bundle with the OE xbox games, which was the ones interested in.

Not sure how I did, but still looking for XenoGears Ps1, The Punisher Xbox, Megaman Gamecube or Xbox at these yardsales,Gameboy micro Red/Gold edtion but might as well pickup any gems along the way. (pick up 5 GBA SP four is AGS 101, but hoping on micro one day)

Anyone have any tips storage there game collection? Considering selling game guide collection: Castlevania LOS, Disney Mickey CE, Assassin Creed 2 and Revelations, Zelda hour Glass CE, Dragon Quest, etc. Is it better to post on CAG or letgo, etc? Anyone know if Punisher PC game has any gamepad support? Would like to use a xbox 360 controller

Last edited by a moderator:

Punch Out was $4. Okage was $2. The people running the Garage Sale told me to come back in a week or two for more games. They just moved in and are still sorting through things. 

I went to a local Yard Sale and found Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for $10, and What's New Scooby Doo season 1 for $2. 

I also want to take this time to complain about morons on facebook yard sales thinking things are worth ridiculous prices.  

No, your wii with Just Dance, Just Dance 2, Wii play, Wii Sports, Super slam hunting, Wheel of Fortune, wii aces and world series baseball is NOT worth $200.

No, your DS lite with Donkey Kong Country, and 5 shovelware games is NOT worth $90, get a brain and get over it

I had a decent morning yard saling Saturday. There were a bunch of neighborhood sales near me, so I spent the day going between them. 

This was the best find of the day, bought for $50. Space MegaForce is a rarer game my bro has been after for a while, so I'm passing that on to him with the promise of a similar favor in the future.

This lot was $35 and was bought from a sale that advertised retro games. It's closer to retail prices than I'd like, but I'm a sucker for SNES games in good condition.

And lastly I got the following games for $24 together. I'm also a sucker for big box versions of RPGs, and Rogue Galaxy is just an awesome game.

I also got a lead on someone with a bunch of Sega stuff they're cleaning out of their parents house, so here's hoping that pans out!

Non-VG finds:
-2 bags of 2T toddler clothes for $15

-Boss Monster card game for $7

-The Great Muppet Caper glasses for $4 (for a friend)

-Kagemusha and KILL! (samurai movies) for $1

Mike you are killing it this year! Keep them finds and pics coming.

I got skunked on Saturday. Found a random DS charger for $0.25 and that's it.

Glad to see some game finds! I only had a few gaming related finds this weekend, but nothing that interesting (best thing for me was a complete copy of Legaia 2 for $2). I did get some guitar gear; pedals & effects processors, and some sealed tools. 

This weekend is the city wide for one of the rural towns a few miles away. There are at least 37 confirmed sales and the weekend weather outlook looks good. Here's my chance to trump mike_tv this year ;)

Son of a bitch! I love Space Megaforce... that is indeed a great catch for fifty bucks. Your brother owes you big time for that.

This lot was $35 and was bought from a sale that advertised retro games. It's closer to retail prices than I'd like, but I'm a sucker for SNES games in good condition
Seen a sale on Craigslist think it was up in the White Marsh area that was advertising video games and Legos for reseller prices any chance thats the same sale?

Nah, this one was in Remington. I actually chatted with the White Marsh guy when a friend tagged me in a post the guy had put up on a local yard sale group. The guy was resolute about only putting things out at 8am and had already got a ton of inquiries, so I decided to skip it since it would have been a zoo.

And Mirpkered I look forward to being jealous of what you find. ;)

I don't have time, space, or light to take proper pics for a while. Spent $30 on this stuff at a $5 a bag sale. (not pictured a ton of records, books, CDs).

Did all the pics from my $50 lot show up for you guys last week? There was a GC, N64, and SNES pics in it, but I am not seeing the SNES pic when I look at the post (there should be 7 pics total).

Lucky day! Brand new and sealed for $6!

kmc39B0.jpg

Had 3 community sales this weekend. I saw a N64 system for $50 and a Sega Masters system with a couple games but no cords for $60. Also saw about 4 or 5 Wii consoles ranging from $40 to $150.

Here is what I picked up:

2utq64h.jpg

The Last of Us PS3 Sealed - $1

Arkham Origins PS3 - $1

Family Guy PS2 Sealed - $1

Wario Ware Smooth Moves missing manual - $1

Wii Sports complete - $1

Rumble Roses & Mortal Komat PS2 - $1.75

Thor The Dark World 3D Blu Ray Sealed - $5

Ps3 Controller - $1

Went to a big community sale. Saw some over priced SNES/NES/DS stuff

Did pick up Oregon Trail CIB with 3.5 and 5.25 floppies

Also got Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for $5, Left for Dead 2 PC for a $1 and some netgear powerline adapters new in box for $5

Spent most of the today running a yard sale during a neighborhood sale event. Was able to get these Bose QC2 headphones next door for $35 instead of $45.

I6Q4puR.jpg

Not a great games day today, ended up with some scratched disc only Wii games (New Super Mario Wii, DK Returns, Wii Mario Baseball, Broken Sword, Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 8 with Case) for $9, DS cart only Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Rush for $3 total, and 360 Stoked Snowboarding(?) with Disc Only Shaun White 360 for $2.

On the non game front, I ended up with hot wheels in box for $1 total (I think there is 7 of them, bought them to divy out to nephews), and a few game plushes and toys on the cheap.

The most impressive finds were a 32 inch JVC flatscreen TV for $20.  This is the second straight week I have found and bought a small working flatscreen and I think I may hang this on my porch.

I also got a working, like new, ASUS Nexus 7 tablet with case for $5 for my 5 month old son.  He has started to hold his grandmother's tablet and watch cartoons on it.  I was going to buy a cheap tablet for him for his 6 month birthday next month but I lucked out with the Nexus 7 which is much nicer than anyone I would bought him.

Also, today is Free Comic Book Day and George Perez (Avengers, Justice League, Crisis on Infinite Earth, Teen Titans and Infinity Gauntlet artist, among other stories / runs) was at a Comic shop up the street from me.  He graciously did a sketch of my son as Beast Boy on a blank comic cover for me that I gave to my Wife for Mothers day (they watch Teen Titans Go together).  If you ever get a chance to meet George Perez, he is far and away one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and it was really cool of him to spend time drawing my son.

No gaming finds for me this weekend. But I did get a call while i was out from some guy who apparently knows me and that I look for gaming stuff. He said he found a 3do and some cheap ps1 games. I'm still trying to figure out who I gave my number to this week...

My only worthwhile find was a sealed 3g Kindle Voyage for $75. Of course it turns up a week after I bought a refurbished wifi modeled from Amazon...

So I went to a large yard sale and found nothing. People selling clothes,CD, windows95,etc.

Not game related, but pickup

Hong Kong phooey plush new with tag cartoon network. $1

3 for $5 cocoa lotion and 3 for $5 toothpaste. He had so much other products like
Soup, monthwash, etc. Never seen this before.

A powerful mini crossbow. 80 lbs draw. $5.

It sucks now that games are more in demand now. I remember few years ago easy to pickup pokemon yellow, blue, red, silver $.50 a piece, but now people asking $30-$35. Same goes for a Wii. $60-$150? Guess it's due in my area. Man, hearing people getting ps1,ps2, og Xbox for $.50 -$1 vs people here want $3-$5 and it's common games.

So I went to a large yard sale and found nothing. People selling clothes,CD, windows95,etc.

Not game related, but pickup

Hong Kong phooey plush new with tag cartoon network. $1

3 for $5 cocoa lotion and 3 for $5 toothpaste. He had so much other products like
Soup, monthwash, etc. Never seen this before.

A powerful mini crossbow. 80 lbs draw. $5.

It sucks now that games are more in demand now. I remember few years ago easy to pickup pokemon yellow, blue, red, silver $.50 a piece, but now people asking $30-$35. Same goes for a Wii. $60-$150? Guess it's due in my area. Man, hearing people getting ps1,ps2, og Xbox for $.50 -$1 vs people here want $3-$5 and it's common games.
We get the grocery store product at garage sales all the time around here. It's usually one of the "extreme couponers" that just buys up all of any random products they get for cheap and then resell them. Sometimes there are decent stuff, but it's usually second tier dish soap or off brand Mac and cheese

2nd week of May and I havent gone to 1 sale yet :cry:. Hate when I have the 8:30 shift on Friday and Saturday! Or the yards will need mowed and I know I wont want to do it if I go yard sale'n first.

Managed to find Boom Blox Bash Party for $2 and ...that was it! Goodness things have become slim pickings these past 3 weeks after early April started so well.

I asked about games at a sale around 9 am and the guy said "Oh are you the guy the emailed me earlier this week asking if we had any games?"

No. That was most certainly not me. But now I know the competition just flat out sucks now.

On another note, found a couple good Wii games this year that I never played. I didn't intend on hunting for Wii stuff at the start of the year, but I think I'll be happy to add some more since the retro stuff is now so few and far between. Managed to pick up MPT with steelbook on Craigslist a month ago and just added force unleashed and smash off a Facebook yard sale group. Most Wii games I find at yard sales are $1-$2 each like they're trying to give it away..so here's hunting.

Could only find 6 yard sales in my city and the city next to it and got zip from all 6. Weather hasn't been that nice yet. Hopefully it picks up over the next few weeks.

Question for all of you guys. Do you spot an awesome tan by July? People think I spend a ton of time at the pool since I'm always so tanned all summer from the yardsales.

Second question. Does anyone bring supplies with them - like water? snacks? I always just have a few pieces of paper, pen, gallon jug of water and usually a few pieces of bread in the car to get me through the morning. I definitely need the water when it starts to get hot, especially the days I'm out til like 1 to 2pm.

I usually have a bottle of water, I might start carrying a few snacks.

I wish my schedule was flexible enough to hit friday sales

Second question. Does anyone bring supplies with them - like water? snacks? I always just have a few pieces of paper, pen, gallon jug of water and usually a few pieces of bread in the car to get me through the morning. I definitely need the water when it starts to get hot, especially the days I'm out til like 1 to 2pm.
I take a drink, tissues, hand wipes, hand sanitizer, notepad with sales I want to visit and a jacket in the spring and fall.

I usually skip breakfast and have an early lunch somewhere on my route.

The route part used to be about 8-10 sales per weekend advertising games, now I'm lucky to have at least two.

Between wet weather and having to share the car I wasn't about to find too many sales this weekend, but I did manage to snag the stuff below for $9. The games are for me, and the rest are presents for various friends with upcoming birthdays. I run with kind of a weird crowd.

Could only find 6 yard sales in my city and the city next to it and got zip from all 6. Weather hasn't been that nice yet. Hopefully it picks up over the next few weeks.

Question for all of you guys. Do you spot an awesome tan by July? People think I spend a ton of time at the pool since I'm always so tanned all summer from the yardsales.

I don't tan well. I go from pasty white to burnt to maybe a single shade darker. (I burnt really badly one time as a kid. My doctor told me I basically have the skin of a redhead. Something to do with having dark brown hair and light blue eyes.) So I have a few thin long sleeve shirts that I wear. I really should start getting SPF 40 or higher, though, my dad just had to get several benign skin cancer spots removed.

As for supplies, I generally walk so I either stop at the store on the way to town and get a Vitamin Water or else I load up my free All-State Mustard water bottle (from a CAG thread 7-10 years ago) with powerade or lime juice. My town is also fairly small and there's a Burger King in the center of it, so if I get hungry, I just stop in there for a $1 Rodeo Burger or Sausage Biscuit.

Between wet weather and having to share the car I wasn't about to find too many sales this weekend, but I did manage to snag the stuff below for $9. The games are for me, and the rest are presents for various friends with upcoming birthdays. I run with kind of a weird crowd.

Nice find on those WCW tapes. Not sure how much the WWE Network has changed their prices, but some of those tapes were and are pretty valuable. Especially the late 80's/early 90's stuff as they didn't make as many tapes as WWF and for a while they were video store exclusive.

As for me, got out to one yard sale this weekend up the road from my place. Picked up Hellboy (2 disc speical edition) for $1. Also got my nephew a Minecraft shirt for $1 that still had the tag and sticker on it.

It rained on Friday, so there were only a couple of sales that had nothing of interest to me. The people who told me to come back didn't have their Garage Sale. So probably this Saturday. Sucks since I have a Confirmation Ceremony to go to in the morning.

Should've gone to the Flea Market instead. Haven't been there in a while. ><

Went to a local church rummage sale last Friday night with the wife after grabbing dinner and didn't think I was going to come across anything decent but ended up finding an original xbox with one controller and no av cables for $3 just sitting by its lonesome self on one of the tables.

Overall it is in good condition but a little dusty. I'll just stash it until I find some cheap av cables and see if this thing will turn on.

We get the grocery store product at garage sales all the time around here. It's usually one of the "extreme couponers" that just buys up all of any random products they get for cheap and then resell them. Sometimes there are decent stuff, but it's usually second tier dish soap or off brand Mac and cheese
Got the name brand stuff.

Got some nice finds thanks to people coming through from last year. Both of them remembered me and had some games for me at 2 different sales. My (yet to be conceived) son will post the pics in 2047.

An update on that 50 cent GBM. It turns on and plays games after replacing the battery....but

Previous owner must have spilled liquid on it. D-pad is messed up.

9fFJyYh.jpg

*cries*

Found a SNES console with a dozen games, all the DKCs, Mario World, All Stars, Kart and maybe 8 other games... $200. I found it, but I didn't buy it.

An update on that 50 cent GBM. It turns on and plays games after replacing the battery....but

Previous owner must have spilled liquid on it. D-pad is messed up.

9fFJyYh.jpg

*cries*
That metal plate on the front can be removed, for what it's worth. Take it off with the proper tool, then you should be able to clean the underside of the glass. You'll probably have to open the system to clean the D-pad contact points. A Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol should do the trick there.

last weekend wasn't too great.. 

bought broken sword (NIB wii), ass creed (xbone), and watchdogs (ps4) for $9 total.  gave broken sword to a friend and flipped the other 2 at a local game store.

bought a ps1 for $5.

also, ran into my nemesis twice on different sides of the city.  I left my neighborhood because i saw him at a sale at 7am.  then i saw him again 20 miles away at 7:45.  no games at either location.  one seller changed his mind about selling video games; one was a multi-family sale where the neighbor w/ games hadn't woken up yet.

i'm leaning toward being done w chasing the sales where games are posted.  competition seems to be getting fierce here.  and i seem to have better luck with the "got any games" line at rando sales.

hoping for better luck this weekend.  Good Hunting everyone!  (unless you're the guy in the blue car)

i'm leaning toward being done w chasing the sales where games are posted. competition seems to be getting fierce here. and i seem to have better luck with the "got any games" line at rando sales.
That's what I've been doing. Unless you're willing to be a terribly person and bother people at 6am, those sales aren't worth going to.

Hit up a few yard sales today as a community one is tomorrow, but some are doing sales today.

Far from the best day, but not a complete bust got the following...

1949 New Jersey license plate for $5. Judging from all the American Pickers I've watched, that's probably what it's worth. Need to hang it up sometime next to my 1945 PA license plate that I got for $2 seven or so years back and my 1969 Hawaii plate that I bought off my great uncle that I paid $2 or $3 for.

Price is Right 2010 edition for the Wii. $2, my nephews have a Wii and my youngest loves game shows.

Four comics for $1 total. A 1995 Hulk one where he plays AAA baseball. A 2001 X-Men: The Hidden Years. Guy Gardner Issue One from 1992 and Superman presents The Phantom Zone Issue One from 1982. Started pouring on the way home and I was walking so they got very slightly water damaged, but I just plan on reading them.

A Crane brand polyester dry quick shirt, still in the package for $1.

Finally, found my sister a DS for $5. Marked "does not work" but I noticed it had an odd third party charger. She plugged it into her first party charger and said it's charging fine.

That's what I've been doing. Unless you're willing to be a terribly person and bother people at 6am, those sales aren't worth going to.
that's what i like about this board--i get other people's thoughts on etiquette and strategy for finding stuff. the earliest i show up is 5 or 10 minutes early. even then i feel feel like a dirtbag and always ask if it's okay. i'll leave if i sense any annoyance. i also hate paying with a 20 when i only spend 2 or 3 bucks. i'm going to have to get a stack of ones later today..

Legos for $40. Lots of complete vehicles and random pieces.

0wDt5Oo.jpg

OdEjYIF.jpg

I don't know why but I fucking bought Superman 64 for $1. Tomtom XXL GPS was $5.

0f3SA7A.jpg

Hit some community sales today. Should have a better turn out tomorrow but I did find something today :)

Walked up to this sale as the guy was bringing out a box and I heard a lady say "OH a NINTENDO!! Do you have any Mario games? I love finding Mario games!" The guy tells her no because he had the console out yesterday and somebody bought the Mario games. At this point I'm kind of bummed partly cause I thought the lady would buy the console but mostly that I missed out on games. Well she just walks away and he sat it down. I usually see them for $40-60 so I expected it. I look at the tag $15. Sold. Thank you. Take my money.

2ennprb.jpg

Hope everyone has some good luck this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back