The Official 2017 Yard Sale Thread - Passing the torch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I said :p There isn't much room for error when putting a fat back together. I clean/fix original NESes and they have far more room for error.

Best find of the day.  $2. It may have not been used before. The power cable and device itself were still sealed.

MPjUunh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is the big neighborhood yard sale fairly close to my house, sadly it looks like it'll rain almost all day, so I'm not sure I'll get out. But today was the church rummage sale and the two advertised ones (and another 4 or 5 unadvertised ones)...

I saw no game stuff, but did find...

A small square shelf with some L shaped dividers throughout for $2. Looks big enough to fit some lose N64 and SNES games in, though, and maybe some random figures too.

An ET figure from Kraft Mac & Cheese for the 2002 re-release, still in the box, for $1.

New Radicals - Maybe you've been brainwashed too CD for 50 cents (aka the one with "You Get What You Give")

Silver Linings Playbook DVD for $1

Did see a Dell Pentium 4 with Windows XP (and a sticker saying it could be upgraded to Vista!) for $10 with a flat screen at the church for $10. But I was walking and it was 2 miles from my house, so yeah I let it sit.

Managed to get out today as the rain stopped around noon.

Picked up Suffering: Ties That Bind on XBox for $1.

That sale also had some PS3 games, mostly sports, and a Twightlight game for Wii. Only other sale had a bunch (maybe 50) 360 games for $5 each. All in excellent shape and some good-great titles like all the Halos, Gears of Wars, etc. Passed on them, though, since I played most of them that I was interested in and my XBox One disc drive has crapped out.

No video game finds this morning at the flea market. Threat of rain must have scared away the vendors, but still happy with my finds. Framed Mulan lithograph was $8. Smiths book and DVD were both $0.50 each.
beed1cfb74bbabeb02d69b8292f123e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt see much this weekend. Got a few PS3 and Wii games for $19 total. Snagged a slim PS1, n64 rf adapter and a ps1 controller for $5

About the same luck as last week

Not a yardsale find, but at a bookstore found bioshock 2 and call of duty black ops 1 for ps3 $1.99 each.
Got a free true crime new York city steelbook for xbox.

Been kind of bad about keeping up with posts, so here's the past few weeks worth of finds:

-A rare Friday pickup, all for $50. Unfortunately the SNES powers on but doesn't transmit an A/V signal, so I'm trying to work on that.

-About 60 gaming magazines for $60, picked up by following up with a person I bought some stuff from before. That never happens!

-An amalgam of various game stuff and comics I picked up while going across the city. I think everything in the picture was $20?

-Box of TI-99 games with a system and tape recorder for $10. Not really my cup of tea, but it was gonna go into the trash and I didn't want to let that happen. Also got a bunch of graphic novels and Terry Pratchett books for $10.

-A lovely little stack of Sega games for $10. This was a real surprise, as I decided to go out for a little bit during a rainy Saturday morning and almost didn't stop at this sale. The games turned out to be way cheaper than I expected, and now I wish I had picked up the rest of the OG XBox games they had at out.

Hit up two today, no games, though.

At the one I got a Food Vac Sealer for $5. Newer model in really good shape. My dad's been using an older one I found him at a church rummage sale that's older and he likes it. Said to keep an eye out for a better one and/or attachments.

Also got a 2.5 gallon metal gas can for $2 as the plastic one I've been using for the lawn mower is leaking from two different spots. Great deal since gas cans are $20+ and a new one this size is like $35. Granted, this older one doesn't have all the safety stuff, but it's not going to be kept in a car.

Metal trench shovel for 75 cents. The handle isn't in the best shape but still looks decent, the metal shovel itself looks really solid.

Progressive scan Sony DVD player for $12. Still sealed in the box. Gonna replace the player in the living room as I guess it's shot.

Other yard sale was one at I was at last weekend and didn't see anything new. Well, I was told there were guns for sale inside if I was interested.

All within the last week

Last Weekend: 2 Wiimotes with wiimotion plus built in, a Wii Classic controller and a Nunchuck, Resevoir Dogs on Blu-Ray- All for Like $5

X-Men Cartoon Maker, Simpsons: Virtual Springfield, Blood all 3 for PC for $4.50

Rare Tuesday Garage Sale (which honestly I wouldn't have gone to except for the fact that it was the next block over):

Irritating Stick PS1

Guardians Crusade PS1

Both for $3

Then today I did some light Garage Saleing after work and got the following:

A DS Lite with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for $3 but no charger which worked aside from a loose hinge.

A camo XBox One controller with no battery cover for $1 which worked perfectly.

Between rain and daughters softball(which starts as early as 8am!) i havent gotten out much.

Picked up afew wii/ps3 games for $1 each.

Community sale had about 3 sales in it so i was about to leave noticed a street i skipped. Guy had $3 Xbox 360 games and asked if i was looking for anything. Tell him older games he brings out the folliwng for $10

[attachment=26644:20170520_094946.jpg]

Finally had my first day out this year due to a cancelled canoe trip.
Ended up getting a handful of games

Xbox
Def jam fight for new york $1
Shrek $1
Crimson skies $1 thought I needed this but found another copy in my game box

Xbox 360
Dead space $0.50

Ps2
Battlefront 2 $0.50 gonna try and trade this locally for an Xbox copy if I can
Iridium runners $0.50

Gameboy
Dick Tracy $0.50
No idea why this one seems to be selling for a fair bit online but the gameplay is pretty rough

Also ended up getting a box of 8 spyder paintball guns for $30
And 2 nib Sony external hard drives for $16
All in all quite a nice day

Logitech Driving Force GT - $10. I'll be using it a little bit for my PS3 for now but hopefully I can get more use out of it once I get a gaming laptop.

E4fpdr3.jpg

Finally a decent game find. Uncharted 4 was $4. Elvis Costello CDs and book were $1 each.
906ea98cff15874d6c5d818b60ed98ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out to find some things for the new house and actually had a few gaming finds.

First on was an older GC-compatible Wii, in good condition and even had the port covers, wii remote and nunchuck for $15.  

Second is a Jasper 360, no power brick, but came with a wireless controller, and a stack of sports games for $5.  Most notably, one of the games was NCAA football 13, which is worth more than $5 itself.

There was a guy selling a Macbook Pro for $100.  It turned on and worked, but the serial and other info on the bottom side was all worn/scratched off. Something just didn't feel right about it, so I passed.

PS1 $1 each: Driver (GH), Ape Escape (GH), X-Bladez, Breath of Fire IV, Saiyuki Journey West. All in decent shape. Breath of Fire looks like it was never used. 

I don't really garage sale much. Yet. I don't have much luck.

But when went out for a walk in the morning, I went to a few sales along the way. Picked up Super Mario Bros 3 and Pac Man for the NES for $1 each. I thought I had Mario Bros 3 but I guess I didn't. 

The next sale was close and I picked up Wii Party and Donkey Kong Konga for $5 each. Traded in Wii Party to Gamestop for $21. :lol: 

Sega with Dune $3
N64 3 for $5
Mario Kart $5
Bayonetta 2, BO, L4D2, and Spyro $20
Manuals $1
Rest of games were $1 each

[attachment=26685:20170528_083838.jpg]

Turns out the blank nes game is Tecmo Bowl.

Picked up this Xbox demo disc lot at a sale earlier this year.  Can't remember where or when, but I do remember I had to talk them down to $20.

Lot includes disc numbers:

10-37

39-50

55-64

Not sure which ones are sought after, probably the ones that are missing.

I thought you were gonna say you got those for like a dollar or something, Xbox demo discs are sought after these days? Hmmm, good thing I snapped most of mine in pieces and tossed them....

My understanding is that one of the "demo" discs has Capcom vs. SNK 2 on it. Like, the full game, minus the online features (which were probably turned off a long time ago anyway).

I'll have to check my xbox demo discs. I got a shoebox of them for free at a sale IIRC. The people had a huge vader standee that held xbox games. I made them an offer on all of it, but they turned it down. The next time they had a sale they gave me the demos for free.

I ended up having a really frustrating weekend. I found a few things here and there like a Wii and an OG XBox, but I got blocked hard on the few things I was really looking forward to. The first was on Saturday, where a friend texted me a pic of some decent NES games at a little indoor flea market he was running that started at 12pm. I got there right as they opened, but found out a guy had snuck in about 20 minutes early and had scooped them all up at $5 a pop. The second was on Sunday where I was the first to a local sale that advertised Gamecube, DS, and OG XBox stuff, but the guy said he didn't have time to price them so he wasn't going to put them out this weekend. Bluuuuuugh.

I went to 8 or 9 sales and didn't see a single game. However, I did do some Gamestop flipping while I was out and managed a basically free new 2DS, amiibo, and $35 eshop credit. So, not a total wasted day.

Thursdays continue to be by far my best days for yard sales.

Got 500+ pokemon cards with a bunch of EX cards for $15. I look forward to having a battle with the kids I babysit. Haven't played with Pokemon cards in years.

A Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and Apple bluetooth keyboard for $5 each. I might be buying a Apple 27" Cinema Display from them for $150 as well.

TIL Logitech made a keyboard for the Wii. Sadly while it does works with my Macbook, there is no key that works as a command key. $5.

u3RVQyO.jpg

Pretty big day, 5-6 community sales and college had a sale. Normally try to keep it to 1 picture but this is too much.

Wii Lot was $15
Xbox 360 games 50 cent each
[attachment=26734:20170603_123228.jpg]

Each of these were $2 except Mario kart was $3. Soul Calibur 2 is sealed
[attachment=26735:20170603_124415.jpg]

The rest of this was $40. Lady kept bringing more out. She said these were in my kids night stand they must be important and brought the Pokemon games. Also came with 2 xboc 360 turtle beach headsets.
[attachment=26736:20170603_124248.jpg]
[attachment=26737:20170603_124713.jpg]

Also bought a 250gb PS3 Slim for $20. Great day overall. Sorry for thr blurry sideway pictures.

Had a pretty good day. Spent $30 got a Wii for $10, a dsi and a few games for $5, a graphing calculator TI-84 plus, and a few other things.

Pics coming soon

I'm hoping this is a good deal. A friend of mine doesn't want to bother selling her Xbox One online so she's selling me this lot soon for $190.

I'll probably keep the Kinect and a few games, trade or sell the rest of the stuff.

nzXLWj4.jpg

Picked up this Xbox demo disc lot at a sale earlier this year. Can't remember where or when, but I do remember I had to talk them down to $20.

Lot includes disc numbers:

10-37

39-50

55-64

Not sure which ones are sought after, probably the ones that are missing.
Saw this and dug in my wallet as I remember stuffing a piece of paper in there years ago with a few disc #s I was looking for. #80 had a three pack of Rock Band songs. Believe you had to pay for them without the mag. #67 had Oblivion DLC.

Here's a list of later ones...

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/225865-oxm-demo-discs-list-of-exclusive-free-contents-gamerpics-themes/

Looks like you got a Condemned theme and a bunch of gamer pics. Some of the 40's though do have Halo 2 custom game types. Almost positive they're all ones you can set up yourself in game, but still. Ones with themes used to go for more, in general, especially the premium themes that started in #96.

Hit up one yard sale today near my house. Oddly, it's one I've been to at least 4-5 times, but the guy always has some good stuff.

picked up...

$2 - Ingento No. 4 Paper Cutter. (i.e. one of those block of wood paper cutters from art class in high school.) Needs a little tuning and/or sharpening. This alone made my day as I've been looking for one of these on the cheap for 10 years or so as I didn't want to spend $30 on a new one. Plus most of the new ones are plastic.

50 cents - Grant's Bradford House Family Restaurants Coast to Coast ashtray. I love old glass ashtrays with adverts, especially ones in good shape.

Gaming wise, I saw some Rock Band stuff for cheap, but passed.

On Wednesday, I went to a city wide sale(I didn't even know about it until 10min before I left the house) and got:

Gameboy micro w/ a bunch of garbage games -$15(ended up not working, really disappointing)
Gameboy advance sp 001-$5(had to replace the battery)
~15 lbs of legos-$35
250gb x360 slim bundle w/ 2 controllers and 7 games(one of which sells for $30)-$45(I really just needed the ac adapter to test a system I have lying around)

There was some other misc electronics and games that I bought, but nothing noteable. It seems like the sales all dry up around 11am, because I didn't find anything after 10:30.

One of my favorite finds of the year. A PS2 bundle, including Ace Combat 5 and Namco Flight Stick 2....$25

It's a little difficult using Flight Stick 2 as I have never used that kind of accessory before, but it's pretty fun. I wish it were compatible with Windows 10.

n7ML52U.jpg

I found an amiibo for the first time at a yard sale...

jYASlCo.jpg

Hit a library yard sale. Main selling point was that they'd be having some tables set up in the community room to let people sell their stuff in there. But they also mentioned they'd be selling off some excess electronics.

Picked up a camera case at the library's stand. Opened up and saw a Canon. No price, guy said $2. Bought it. Turns out it's a PowerShot SX230 HS. Shoots 1080 video. Amazon wants $60+. Ebay has one for $36, but most for $50+. Has the battery and a 4gb SD card, but no charger, luckily chargers and spare batteries are pretty cheap from looking on amazon.

Had a bunch of boxes marked $5 each. My sister looked in one and found two Honeywell bar code scanners. One PS/2 one, one USB. Guy said $3 for both. Going for $20-ish on ebay.

Also at one of the stands, I picked up Dark Angel the Complete First Season for $5.

Stopped at an unadvertised sale on the way back and they had a 360 for $50 and games for $1 each. Picked up Minecraft for my nephews. Had a lot of other good games Halo 3, 4, etc. but they have about all of them.

Neighbor was out mowing both yards yesterday so I didnt have to worry about that today, got myself up and going early...........NOTHING! Only video game item I saw between 10 yardsales and 3 thrift stores were some PS2 sports games.....

Saw this and dug in my wallet as I remember stuffing a piece of paper in there years ago with a few disc #s I was looking for. #80 had a three pack of Rock Band songs. Believe you had to pay for them without the mag. #67 had Oblivion DLC.

Here's a list of later ones...

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/225865-oxm-demo-discs-list-of-exclusive-free-contents-gamerpics-themes/

Looks like you got a Condemned theme and a bunch of gamer pics. Some of the 40's though do have Halo 2 custom game types. Almost positive they're all ones you can set up yourself in game, but still. Ones with themes used to go for more, in general, especially the premium themes that started in #96.
What I was thinking of when I got these was demo discs that included playable demos that were never released.

After looking around, I found that there are a few cases:

Metal Wolf Chaos was not released in the US, was a hidden demo on disc #39.

The Red Star was not released on Xbox, can find demo on disc #35.

There is also a playable demo of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on disc #20

First time out this summer - last few weekends has been rainy and cold.

Was a town wide sale in my parents' town so headed over there. Was out from 9am to right about 12:45pm.

It was an okay day - not amazing, but not horrible.

Sealed Lady and the Tramp DVD - $3

Sealed Snow White blu-ray - $3

Lord of the Rings Risk - $5

Nearly complete set of Fruit Baskets manga (missing 3 books in a row in the middle) - $10

Initial D model  - $5

PS2 w/ Dynasty Warriors 4 and 5 - $10

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1) and Persona 4 - $5

The Crash/Persona and PS2 were brought out after asking about games.

I hit a total of about 25 sales.

Not much action in this thread this year. This last week was rough - hard to find sales. Only two listings on craigslist in my city, then one in the neighboring city and then like 2 in another city on the other side. I ended up hitting on street that they had set up there own group sale day so there were 8 houses there and then one more in the neighboring city - so only a total of 9 sales. At least it was quick?

Nintendo DSi in the box w/ Lego game but no charger

Muzzy complete set for learning Spanish

$7

My Little Pony RC Car - $1

Mario Kart Wii - $3

Big set of Time Life cook books - $4

Hopefully some better luck next week.

Off topic - what is killing the site anyways? Reddit?

Seems like most of my friends hang out on there now instead of any of their old website forums. I lurk on reddit, but I've never made a username on there. I've planted my roots here and I'll ride it out here until the end hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back