The Official August CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='lolwut?']js1, you end up opening yours? I got a replacement copy, and parts of it were worse than the 1st; I ended up frankensteining the two to make a decent copy

dscn1618o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My packaging and disks were perfect, the manual was a little crushed up. :(

[quote name='js1']My packaging and disks were perfect, the manual was a little crushed up. :([/QUOTE]

I got the 3 disc set back when it originally came out, and the insert was a bit too big for the case as well... I think they just didn't end up cutting it to have it fit into the steelbook case...

%21Bznk3Tg%212k%7E$%28KGrHqEOKjUE%29%28MMp0QRBMWz%21T8Jiw%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Picked up all of this for $45 shipped. Was a little hesitant because this is like $100+ in products and the seller was a little newer but came in the mail today. The controllers are official sixaxis and the games all came complete.

Responded to this ad: http://tucson.craigslist.org/vgm/1895190358.html

Paid $50, this is what he had:

f3x1qv.jpg

Toploader w/ 4 controllers, satellite, 3 zappers and various cords

6e3hfn.jpg

Commando
Football
Bionic Commando
SMB/DH
Gyromite
Excitebike
Snake Rattle N Roll
T&C Surf Designs
Low G Man
RBI Baseball
Operation Wolf
Track & Field II
Paperboy

11bnhwh.jpg

MLB
Solstice
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
SMB/DH
The Chessmaster
Bart Vs The Space Mutants
Top Gun
Kung Fu
Gold Medal Challenge 92
Super Mario Bros 2
Friday The 13th
Dragon Warrior
NARC
Pinball
Jeopardy

30ji5xe.jpg

Monopoly
SMB/DH
Jeopardy
Donkey Kong JR
Othello
Immortal
Operation Wolf
Anticipation
Rad Racer
SMB/DH/WCTM
Super Mario Bros 3
Mega Man 3
Black Bass
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Contra
Rolling Thunder
Fighting Golf
Pac Man

Nice deal Dark! Hell the NES2+dogbone were worth the $50 alone and a pile of games to boot. Interesting that there's a N64 memory card just randomly thrown in the mix though.. lol

Picked up:
icongamecube.gif
Mario Party 4
icongamecube.gif
Mario Party 5
icongamecube.gif
Mario Party 6
icongamecube.gif
Animal Crossings
icongamecube.gif
Super Monkey Ball
icongamecube.gif
Super Monkey Ball 2

Again at my local video rental spot for $34

Also picked up the GOW: Collection/Dual Shock 3 combo pack at Walmart for $65 shipped

Woke up at 6 am to hit a yard sale advertising gaming consoles for $3 today. Got there and they had nothing but a single copy of a bugs life for ps1 - they said they would be getting more stuff throughout the day, but they didnt even sound like they had any gaming consoles to sell at all. They wouldnt even let me call them to ask if they got in anything during the day, jerks:cry:

Anyway. I went to another Half priced books today because I was determined to get SOMETHING today..

Didnt do too bad. Im still waiting for the huge stack of N64 and ps1 games this guy sold to them, which arent out yet. Im beginning to think they gave them to charity.
1000559i.jpg

FFX was $5, FFIX was $5, Anthology, Vagrant Story and Crystal Chronicles were $2.50 each.

Theyre all in pretty good condition, with only slight shelf ware, except FF9, which im keeping for myself anyway:D

If anyone is interested in trading/buying any of these guides, let me know. Ill sell them for cheap since I dont like flipping guides to CAGs. Feels kinda dirty to me:whistle2:#

:gc: Eternal Darkness / GameCube 251 Memory card $16.50 - eBay
:gc: Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X $24.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:psp: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days $17.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals

RE reeks of smoke, first time I've had that experience with an Amazon Warehouse game.

11a9y0g.jpg

KotOR was $36 and DOA2 was $20, which I think are pretty decent deals. Lunar was $140. Too bad I'll never be able to get the DLC now that they shut off Live for Xbox games. I wish I would've bought it when it came out instead of just renting it (beat it during the rental, so never saw the point in buying it).

Lunar Complete in that good of shape $$ I'm jealous

Pre-ordered a bunch of stuff this week.. Didn't buy much at all really.. just a few Blue Rays and the games were all 100 pointers from Goozex. My wallet caught a break for once.

IMG_1153.JPG

photo.jpg

TRU
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition $34.98 :hot:
This seems to be the last copy and was just sitting in the glass case in which TRU puts all their non-bargain games. I didn't even know TRU sold this.
blu-ray James and the Giant Peach $14.99 (this price includes a $5 pre-order deposit for the Beauty and the Beast blu-ray)

Walmart
The Legendary Starfy $15
Fossil Fighters $15

Amazon
I pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast ($15.99) and Toy Story 3 ($18.99) on blu-ray. I'm hoping that there will be better deals for these blu-rays at TRU.

Picked up @ the local
icongs_r1.gif
:
icongamecube.gif
LoZ: Collector's Edition
icongamecube.gif
Wave Race: Blue Storm
icongamecube.gif
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

All for retail but all three copies included the manual, case, and near minty/clean cd. Going to pick up LoZ: Twilight Princess (GC), Star Fox: Adventures, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 at my local video spot, for $17 can't go wrong. I really got the biggest gamecube itch this month, but should be almost done with the games I want for the cube.

100_1207.jpg

Sonic Mini-Backpack-$15
Staw Wars Ornament-$idk cuz my mom bought it for me

100_1210.jpg

Megaman Legends 2-$9
Turbo Duo-$80
3 Intellivision games-$3
Missile Command 3D-$5
Wolfenstein-$5
Fallout coasters-$5

100_1206.jpg

PC Engine Duo-R-FREE

Picked up:
icongamecube.gif
LoZ: Twilight Princess
icongamecube.gif
Resident Evil
icongamecube.gif
Starfox: Adventures

All for $17. My gamecube collection is almost complete all I need is MGS: Twin Snakes and maybe Resident Evil Zero.

Oooo, nice TV, how big is it? In inches I mean..

Also, I got some stuff in the mail today, LoZ Spirit tracks sealed, Twilight Princess guide sealed w/ sountrack, LoZ Windwaker, and LoZ Ocarina of Time(GC).

All of those are trades w/ CAGs.

I also ordered some bubble wrap from ebay which arrived today. All I can say is you get what you pay for.

Its a roll of 12' x 50, got it for about $6 from some power seller with free shipping - It literally came wrapped in a black trash bag, with scotch tape barely sealing it.

They also got delivery confirmation, but never updated their shipping on ebay, so I was wondering when the hell they were sending it the whole week.

It's a 42 inch, 1080p plasma with 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and 600 Hz refresh rate. It's freakin' beautiful! I just got it delivered today and was almost literally blown away when I tried Uncharted 2 on it.

[quote name='Hiei69']It's a 42 inch, 1080p plasma with 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and 600 Hz refresh rate. It's freakin' beautiful! I just got it delivered today and was almost literally blown away when I tried Uncharted 2 on it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't play games on it yet. You should do your break-in for the first ~250 hours

I just played it very briefly. I'm mostly playing blu-rays on it at the moment.
I'm watching Ponyo on it right now. The color and sharpness is just amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
:ps3: UFC 2009 Undisputed, Motorstorm, Far Cry 2 $10.00 - eBay
:360: Fight Night Round 3, Hellboy: The Science of Evil $12.99 -eBay
:360: Fight Night Round 4 $9.99 - Amazon

Have a hard time resisting complete copies of games for < $8 on eBay. :drool:

I just dropped $49.99, hint that's retail price, on a new game. I just had a feeling about it.

Ys Seven Limited Edition on PSP. This was at Amazon, no tax, free 2 day shipping on my Prime.

It's paying a good bit but I think the package is awesome and probably won't be going down for awhile, if ever.

B003PHUAGO_limited.jpg

:br: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete - $15
:360: Bayonetta - $20

Both on sale at Bestbuy. I can't wait to see AC on my new TV.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I just dropped $49.99, hint that's retail price, on a new game. I just had a feeling about it.

Ys Seven Limited Edition on PSP. This was at Amazon, no tax, free 2 day shipping on my Prime.

It's paying a good bit but I think the package is awesome and probably won't be going down for awhile, if ever.

B003PHUAGO_limited.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You think $50 is a lot? I thought you were a baller.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I just dropped $49.99, hint that's retail price, on a new game. I just had a feeling about it.

B003PHUAGO_limited.jpg
[/QUOTE]

oh, an XSeed game?

yeah, that'll be going down like next week or the week after. when they realized that there aren't 50,000 people willing to pay for their cloth maps and shit

[/QUOTE]

I just picked mine up from gamestop today. I really want to play this because I love the Ys series and the trailers for this game were awesome.

I also got some new shelving, a bunch more ps2 games, a few psp games, and 1 360 game. Pictures coming later. :cool:

I dont necessarily know about the not going down if ever part though since it is XSeed... Although Lunar has been pretty resistant (for a PSP game) to any big price drop. I know amazon has had it on sale a couple of times but that is it I think.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I just picked mine up from gamestop today. I really want to play this because I love the Ys series and the trailers for this game were awesome.

I also got some new shelving, a bunch more ps2 games, a few psp games, and 1 360 game. Pictures coming later. :cool:

I dont necessarily know about the not going down if ever part though since it is XSeed... Although Lunar has been pretty resistant (for a PSP game) to any big price drop. I know amazon has had it on sale a couple of times but that is it I think.[/QUOTE]

Lunar Limited was part of one of Amazon's Video Game Deals of the Day a little more than a month after its release for $25 and I picked up Half-Minute Hero a little after a month of its release at another one of Amazon's daily deals for $18.98.

...I'm very hopeful that this trend will continue because I don't wanna pay $50 for a PSP game. :cry:

I just ordered Half Minute Hero from Warehouse Deals for $15.99 shipped. I had never heard of it until now. After looking at it, I decided it was awesome. Now it's $24 shipped, so I'm glad I got it while I did.

Whew, it's been so long since I've posted any of my pick ups. There's quite a few, and I'm honestly too lazy to post the prices, especially since I can't really remember what I paid for most. I will post the ones that were very good deals.

IMG_0389.jpg

:ps3: DJ Hero + extra turntable $32.xx

IMG_0391.jpg

Noteworthy purchases are :ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $19.99. And the two football games are for my bf.

IMG_0397.jpg

All games minus the Persona 3 LE were from Gamestop's B2G1. I'm happy to finally pick up Pokemon Trozei and Jake Hunter since they are harder to find.

IMG_0398.jpg

Third copy of Dragon Quest V guide. Finally got my ToV guide too ^_^ Also picked up a set of Turtle Beach Px21 headphones/headset.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Can I give you a Nostalgia guide for a DQ V guide?[/QUOTE]

Eh no thanks. I don't even own Nostalgia, and I typically only own the guides for the games I own as well.

So far this month ive gotten:
Crackdown 2
Sniper Ghost Warrior
Madden 11
Forza 3
Bioshock 2
Bully
STFU
PoP Forgotten Sands (pending out) lol
Need for Speed Shift

B003PHUAGO_limited.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Saw this package today at Gamestop and almost bought it as well since it's extras are pretty damn cool. My PSP backlog convinced me otherwise though.

@Kissfuldreamer - Nice haul on the PS3/PSP games. There's some great titles there. Very good deal on the DJ Hero stuff.. it's a fun game, I just wish they allowed the guitar/turntable combo on all the mixes.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Eh no thanks. I don't even own Nostalgia, and I typically only own the guides for the games I own as well.[/QUOTE]

Be glad you don't own Nostalgia. That game is a steaming pile of shit.

[quote name='lmz00']
2cz1uaa.jpg

Pulled a F_T and got these controllers even though I don't have a Genesis yet. I will soon, though.[/QUOTE]

dude, i can smell the glossy fresh paint on that controller box

im gonna make one big pic post at end of the month, just haven't had time.

Went on another splurge. Bought a whole bunch of DVD box sets from Sears and Wal-Mart. I never even watched He-Man or She-Ra growing up(it was a bit before my time), but now I have the second half of season 1 of He-Man and the complete first season of She-Ra.

As for Ninja Turtles, they only had volumes 1, 3, 4 and 5 at Wal-Mart but I decided to buy them since they were only $5 each. Also, I never knew the first season only had 5 episodes. o_O

63773448.jpg

These I found on clearance at Canadian Tire. I was really surprised to find the Mario's Cement factory keychain since it was from 1998. On top of that, it was only $3. :) Really don't have a reason for why I bought Batman, though. :S Oh well, that was $3 too.

44524422.jpg

The only plush here that's new to my collection is Morrigan, which comes from the same set as the the Sakura one. I've been looking for one for a while at a reasonable price, but had no luck until just recently. Paid $30 shipped for it from a seller in Japan. Now the only ones I need are Chun li, Felicia and Lilith.

85089004.jpg

This is a sketch of Black Cat I bought off eBay from an artist who goes by the name Daikon. He mostly draws anime versions of female comic book characters.

WARNING: NSFW
78688013.jpg

[IMG-L=6061]17440[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17441[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17442[/IMG-L]

Various pickups from the past few weeks :). Tsuguanai was a goddamn thorn in my side finding at gamestop complete... I was so relieved when I finally found the damn thing. The Samurai 7 box set was on sale at BB, got the PS2 games at gamestop. Ys Seven LE was from gamestop, got AvP Hunter edition sealed for $40 at GS, and got the PSP games at gamestop too. Ordered NMH 2 from newegg.

[IMG-L=6061]17443[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17444[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17445[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17446[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17447[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17449[/IMG-L]

Much thanks again to bvharris on the heads up that Best Buy was clearancing those shelves. I got 2 at $26.xx each :). My collection looks much more spiffy now :D (and this isn't even all of it, still got my retro carts, and my pretty massive PS2 library and some OG xbox.

Just picked up:
God of War 3 - mint
Ratchet and Clank: ToD - little water damage on the cover and 2 scratches on disc
Metroid Prime 3 - box a little sticker residue but mint.

All from gohastings using the 20% off code, doesn't beat the B2G1 sale but its still better than gamestops current b2g1 sale. Overall I am very happy. Just waiting for Batman AA, RDR, and Star Wars: TFU

@ZxT Vendetta, Those are really nice shelves and a good collection!

No pics, sorry.

Crash Team Racing (PSN) $5.99
Scott Pilgrim VS The World (PSN) $9.99
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3, Used, Mint) $19.99
Gran Turismo (PlayStation, Used, Mint, Greatest Hits) $4.99

Both Valkyria Chronicles and Gran Turismo look brand new and looked like they were barely played at all. Good finds considering how this was at my cheap used video game store.

bread's done
Back