The Official CAG 2016 Pick-Ups Thread

Picked up little red riding hood zombie bbq $1.99, Mr Driller $1.99, Little League Baseball Double pack ??? $.99, Looney Tunes Duck Amuck .99 (got it because the show was funny), Astro Boy $2.99 (cant remember if the DS or if the Wii is better?)

Killer is Dead Limited Edition $6.99

got some more dollar games the batman game is nib

these were 5 dollars. The person pricing them messed up on trials of cold steel and i was thinking about buying it when it came out but i have never played a game from the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
got some more dollar games the batman game is nib

these were 5 dollars. The person pricing them messed up on trials of cold steel and i was thinking about buying it when it came out but i have never played a game from the series.

What state are u from? Any tips on finding stuff like the Famicom system?

What state are u from? Any tips on finding stuff like the Famicom system?
i am in California. all i do is find a place i like and keep going back even when i don't find anything there for months or when they decide to price things above ebay. the stores i go to put stuff out all the time and i happen to be around when it gets put out. Some stuff never makes it to the shelves. it also helps that i know the workers at a couple of the places i always go to and one of them is a collector as well. They give me discounts on top of already good prices. most of the stuff i find i do not even plan to buy but i could not resist the price.

$5 for Trails of Cold Steel is a price you can't ignore.

I live in California and i don't have a cool store like this.

Zelda spirit tracks $27
Quake $7
Bought those with credit trading in a ps1 and wcw nitro n64 netted me like $30 store credit.
Professor layton $2.50
Brain age 2 sealed new $2.50
Hotel dusk $2
Hexen sega Saturn loose disc $5 bought with credit.[attachment=19736:IMAG1212.jpg]

Wugcip8.jpg

Them corner dings though. It's not actually that much more than when it was available, was it? I paid $60 for it back when it was available.

Them corner dings though. It's not actually that much more than when it was available, was it? I paid $60 for it back when it was available.
You must be looking at the standard edition. ;P

And yeah, the corner dings look terrible in picture for some reason.

I was actually cringing at that too at first when I purchased it, but when I got to take a look at it today, it's actually not that bad compared to how it looks on picture, which is weird, lol.

You must be looking at the standard edition. ;P

And yeah, the corner dings look terrible in picture for some reason.

I was actually cringing at that too at first when I purchased it, but when I got to take a look at it today, it's actually not that bad compared to how it looks on picture, which is weird, lol.
lol, guess you bought the last sold one, cause the corners look identical.

i do, i was just using my buy 2 get one free coupon that i have also gamestop is closer to my house then bestbuy.

got these games and anime for a dollar each

these were five each xena is complete and harry potter is nib.

these were 25 for the both of them.

Rodea from Wal Mart Clearance (bought it before BB Clearance) and Halo for $1. I'm always down to buy Halo Novels on the cheap.

Got these for about $26. The Sega Game in the case is Phantasy Star Online 2. Not shown are two Graphic Novels (Revenge of the Green Goblin and Batman Knightfall Part 3) and Pokemon Ranger.

Promptly traded in Pokemon Ranger and WWE All Stars to GS.

Got all of this for $8 at my local Thrift Stores that aren't Goodwill. Wish there were more Scooby Doo stuff. Thankfully, the Thrift Store charges a flat $5 unless marked. They had it discounted at 60% off. CDs were 5 for $1

Jan06.jpg

So maintaining my resolution for this year to keep my media purchases down :)

Only one above from December was Fatal Frame 4 Wii - imported it through PlayAsia.com, and it came this month (yay!) Since Nintendo refused to release FF5 on-disc, I spent that cash on FF4.  I am not a fan of digital games. Love this Fatal Frame title - which is done by the one and only Suda 51.

Picked up Nikita from Amazon UK (Maggie Q - so hot!).  Hitman (critics can say what they want, I enjoy this flick for what it is - a brainless action romp), Shaun the Sheep (such a charming film), MIB trilogy and the Martian from Target.  Season one of Shaun the Sheep, Rodea, and RE Revelations 2 from Best Buy, and Back to the Future from Walmart (had the buggy and ugly non-HD Wii game - skipped it; I love this re-released HD version).

got a lot of dollar games this weekend. everything in the first two pictures was a dollar each. i already had sly cooper  games but could not pass them up for a buck.

i got this for $10 they mess up and thought it was the first game not the second

these are all  Japanese megadrive and game gear games. i have a game genie so i can play them on my sega genesis. they were $5 dollars each. the only problem with the games is that the back of the cartridge has a label like nes games have but it is over the screws so i can not open them without messing it up. also the game label goes over to the other half of the cartridge so it may rip if i open them. still worth it though i got phantasy star 2 and 3, strider, and three shining force games. i do have phantasy star II already so maybe one day I'll find the rest of the sega genesis versions

I like Macross. I wish we got more Macross. Damn you Harmony Gold

Btw, the PS3 Game, Macross 30 is a wonderful game. And despite the language barrier, is easy to play

Thanks. Gotcha Force is a criminally underrated game. One of the best games on the Gamecube imo. 

I had more Gamecube games but during the early 360 days, I foolishly sold a lot of them (Custom Robo, Fire Emblem :hot: Luigi's Mansion, Zoids :hot:, etc). :( Thank god we kept Gotcha Force.

Thanks. Gotcha Force is a criminally underrated game. One of the best games on the Gamecube imo.

I had more Gamecube games but during the early 360 days, I foolishly sold a lot of them (Custom Robo, Fire Emblem :hot: Luigi's Mansion, Zoids :hot:, etc). :( Thank god we kept Gotcha Force.
Felt the same way. Lucky found a CIB Fire Emblem for $12.50 at GS. Love the series since playing on the GBA. Picked up NES GBA SP edition and fire emblem when it was 1st released. Picked up Gotcha force at GS during the sale when GC games were being no longer carried at GS. Another game was Lord of The Ring Return of the King. Its not rare or anything, but man that game was cool back then.

It was also because it was on an underrated system during its time. :*(
It's a shame. Definitely wished Capcom did something with IP and made a sequel. Despite being awesome, the voice acting was horrendous and stupidly funny though. Looking at the reviews Gotcha Force got, I'm appalled at the ratings it got.

Felt the same way. Lucky found a CIB Fire Emblem for $12.50 at GS. Love the series since playing on the GBA. Picked up NES GBA SP edition and fire emblem when it was 1st released. Picked up Gotcha force at GS during the sale when GC games were being no longer carried at GS. Another game was Lord of The Ring Return of the King. Its not rare or anything, but man that game was cool back then.
Yeah. Had I known how gaming would be right now, I would've kept everything.

I enjoyed The Two Towers and Return of the King games on Gamecube. For a licensed movie game, they were done very well.

got some nice finds this weekend. here are some more dollar games

for $5 dollars each i score these great games. wish i found the ps2 version of futurama since i have a huge ps2 collection but glad to final add it to the collection either way. i also picked up some famicom games that i left behind last weekend.

harvest moon was $10

this anime was 18 dollars the box is in rough shape but the disk are perfect

i also picked up mario party 6 complete for $20 and another anime called Kanokon the complete series for $5. i was just to lazy to take pictures of them

Hi. Anyone know anything about desktop computers? Wonder if this is worth it. A Dell Precision T1650 desktop with the following specs

i7-3770 processor, ati hd4000 graphics, 8gb ram for $150. Its 2 years old I think. Would play some games like batman arkham city, Dishonored, etc. Games from 2013 and below on highest settings. Not sure about current games and think a upgraded graphics card may work? Is this worth it for the price?

Hi. Anyone know anything about desktop computers? Wonder if this is worth it. A Dell Precision T1650 desktop with the following specs

i7-3770 processor, ati hd4000 graphics, 8gb ram for $150. Its 2 years old I think. Would play some games like batman arkham city, Dishonored, etc. Games from 2013 and below on highest settings. Not sure about current games and think a upgraded graphics card may work? Is this worth it for the price?
Make sure to ask about the mobo too because that will also make a big difference depending on what you decide you want to do as far as future upgrades, and so on.

Is it a regular size mobo, or is it a mini or micro? How many slots for memory?

A good mobo is always the best place to start with a decent system, especially if you're planning to upgrade it, so just get some details on that as well before you just look at all the other peripheral specs.

Also, what kind of a power supply is included with the unit? You will need something better if you plan to replace the gfx card with something better, and that will figure into your eventual costs too.

Not sure if those specs were given, and you were just given us some basic ones, but if they weren't definitely look into them a bit more.

$150 is still kind of a lot to be honest if it doesn't have a good mobo, and power supply, because those thngs do add up.

bread's done
Back