The Official CAG 2016 Pick-Ups Thread

Make sure to ask about the mobo too because that will also make a big difference depending on what you decide you want to do as far as future upgrades, and so on.

Is it a regular size mobo, or is it a mini or micro? How many slots for memory?

A good mobo is always the best place to start with a decent system, especially if you're planning to upgrade it, so just get some details on that as well before you just look at all the other peripheral specs.

Also, what kind of a power supply is included with the unit? You will need something better if you plan to replace the gfx card with something better, and that will figure into your eventual costs too.

Not sure if those specs were given, and you were just given us some basic ones, but if they weren't definitely look into them a bit more.

$150 is still kind of a lot to be honest if it doesn't have a good mobo, and power supply, because those thngs do add up.
Not sure. Here is the specs from dell website. The computer is from a company that probably upgraded workstations. The server tag isgjjfdx1.

Dell Precision T1650 Workstation Technical Specifications
Processors Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200v2 Family; 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 and i5; 2nd generation Intel Core i3;
Turbo Boost Technology 2.05 and Intel Integrated HD Graphics on select processors; optional Intel vPro™ technology
Operating
Systems
• Windows® 8 Pro (64-Bit)
• Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 32-Bit; Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
• Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32-Bit; Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit
• Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® WS v.6.2 EM64T (Also certified to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 5.8 64-Bit)
• Ubuntu 11.10 Linux (China only)
Chipset Intel® C216
Memory2, 4 Up to 32GB 1600MHz ECC or 16GB non-ECC DDR3 memory; 4 DIMM slots
Graphics4 Support for one PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphic card up to 75W (total for graphics):
High End 3D Mid-range 3D Entry 3D Professional 2D (not ISV certified)
N/A NVIDIA® Quadro® 2000 AMD FirePro V4900 AMD FirePro 2270
NVIDIA Quadro K600 Intel HD Graphics P4000/40005
NVIDIA Quadro 600 Intel HD Graphics 25005
NVIDIA Quadro 410 NVIDIA Quadro NVS™ 510
NVIDIA Quadro NVS™ 310
NVIDIA Quadro NVS™ 300
Storage Options6 Up to two 3.5" or four 2.5" SATA hard drives. Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT)8 supported with select hard drives:
SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD Self Encrypting Drive (SED)
Up to 2.0TB 256GB 320GB
Storage
Controller
Integrated: Intel Rapid Storage Controller 11.0 supporting SATA 6Gb/s and host based RAID 0/1/5/10
Communications Integrated: Integrated Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
Optional: Broadcom NetXtreme 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet controller (PCI Express card)
Audio Controller Integrated Realtek ALC269VB High Definition Audio
I/O Ports Front Internal Rear
2 - USB 2.0 1 - USB 2.0 4 - USB 2.0
2 - USB 3.0 2 - SATA 6.0Gb/s 2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone 2 - SATA 3.0Gb/s 2 - PS2
1 - Headphone 2 - DisplayPort
1 - VGA
1 - RJ45
1 - Serial
1 - Audio line-in / microphone
1 - Audio line-out
Mid-Tower
Chassis
Dimensions: (HxWxD) 14.17" x 6.89" x 17.13"; 360mm x 175mm x 435mm
Bays: Two internal 3.5" hard drive bays; two external 5.25" optical bays
Slots: One PCIe x16 Gen 3; one PCIe x16 Gen 2 wired x4; one PCIe x1; One PCI 32bit/33MHz
Power Supply: 320W 90% efficient (80 Plus® Gold Certified); 275W 65% efficient
Monitor
Compatibility
Recommended with high-performance Dell UltraSharp™ widescreen displays from 22” to 30” viewable. Also compatible with
Dell Professional and E Series widescreen & standard displays from 17" to 24" viewable; analog flat-panel displays also available
Keyboard Dell Entry keyboard; or optional Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard (good); Dell NY606 SmartCard USB Keyboard
(better); Logitech MK710 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo (best)
Mouse Dell USB Optical Mouse or optional Dell WM311 3-Button Wireless Mouse (good); Microsoft Corporation U5K-00001 Explorer
Touch Mouse – Black (better); Logitech 910-001105 MX Performance Wireless Mouse (best).
Speakers Optional Speakers: Internal speaker; Dell soundbar; two- and three-piece stereo system
Storage Devices Up to two optional optical drives: DVD-ROM; DVD+/-RW; BD-RE
Optional 19-in-1 media card reader (installed in 5.25" bay)
Security Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2)7; Optional intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington®
lock slot, Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Dell Data Protection | Encryption solution7
Environmental
and Regulatory
Energy Star® 5.2 configurations available including 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered (see epeat.
net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations and
certifications, see Dell’s regulatory and compliance homepage at dell.com/regulatory_compliance
Warranty and
Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty9: Standard 1-year Next Business Day On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis10
Optional: Optional Dell ProSupport and Dell ProSupport with Mission Critical offers premium support from expert technicians
and 24x7 global availability and same day business response options for mission critical situations.

Might be alright for the $150, if you're planning to just run minimal gaming on the system.

Does seem to lack some firepower from the gfx standpoint, so you may need to adjust some of the quality on those games to maximize the performance, and avoid fps issues.

The power supply does look like it will need to be replaced if you plan to upgrade to a better gfx card, as better ones typically need a minimum of 400W-450W, and you may need to add some fans to make sure it doesn't overheat easily.

If you just want something that's pre-built, and decently priced, this one will probably do for now, but if you plan on upgrading it, there will be some moving parts you'd want to replace along with the gfx card.  Won't be able to do huge upgrades though as it seems like the mobo is a bit dated, so if you get this now, you might be limited in your choices for major upgrades to the unit.

Okay unit for the price.

Might be alright for the $150, if you're planning to just run minimal gaming on the system.

Does seem to lack some firepower from the gfx standpoint, so you may need to adjust some of the quality on those games to maximize the performance, and avoid fps issues.

The power supply does look like it will need to be replaced if you plan to upgrade to a better gfx card, as better ones typically need a minimum of 400W-450W, and you may need to add some fans to make sure it doesn't overheat easily.

If you just want something that's pre-built, and decently priced, this one will probably do for now, but if you plan on upgrading it, there will be some moving parts you'd want to replace along with the gfx card. Won't be able to do huge upgrades though as it seems like the mobo is a bit dated, so if you get this now, you might be limited in your choices for major upgrades to the unit.

Okay unit for the price.
haven play pc games in a long time (star controller 2) mostly a console gamer. Just wanted to see how games would handle these specs.

Was debating on upgrading graphic card so can play some decent games like Bioshock, Batman arkham city, dishonored, skyrim, etc. I think most of the games release are from 2013 and below? Kinda want smooth and game looks better then ps3 and xbox 360. Dont know much about the 1080p 60fps thing (I know it make it look amazing with no lag)

Well, I see youtube and some able to play like battlefield 4 on med settings?

haven play pc games in a long time (star controller 2) mostly a console gamer. Just wanted to see how games would handle these specs.

Was debating on upgrading graphic card so can play some decent games like Bioshock, Batman arkham city, dishonored, skyrim, etc. I think most of the games release are from 2013 and below? Kinda want smooth and game looks better then ps3 and xbox 360. Dont know much about the 1080p 60fps thing (I know it make it look amazing with no lag)

Well, I see youtube and some able to play like battlefield 4 on med settings?
It's also going to depend on the size of your monitor too.

How big is your monitor currently?

Are you sure it's an ATI HD 4000 and not Intel HD 4000? The latter is integrated in that chip, meaning it doesn't have a graphics card.

As is, you're not going to run anything better than a console.

You -will- need to get a graphics card for that. Whether or not that case can accommodate one, I have no idea. But it probably can fit at least a smaller card like a GTX 950, which should be enough for your needs.

But that will require a better PSU, but a 430W should be more than enough.

Now you're looking at $350 for a 3 year old computer that can play old games at 1080p, but I'm not sure it'll run everything you listed at 60 fps. You should be able to run at high at 30-40 fps at least, which is better than console in that regard.

Are you sure it's an ATI HD 4000 and not Intel HD 4000? The latter is integrated in that chip, meaning it doesn't have a graphics card.

As is, you're not going to run anything better than a console.

You -will- need to get a graphics card for that. Whether or not that case can accommodate one, I have no idea. But it probably can fit at least a smaller card like a GTX 950, which should be enough for your needs.

But that will require a better PSU, but a 430W should be more than enough.

Now you're looking at $350 for a 3 year old computer that can play old games at 1080p, but I'm not sure it'll run everything you listed at 60 fps. You should be able to run at high at 30-40 fps at least, which is better than console in that regard.
sorry mean the intel 4000 and is integrated. I knew about the graphic card needed, but didnt know about motherboards and power supply.

30-40 fps sounds fine since most xbox and ps3 games run on 720p at 30 fps? Wonder how far we can go with these techs like 4k and now nintendo working on VR applications. 1080p on tv looks good, now 4k is in and pretty sure looks amazing, but do we need it?

Unless you have a very large TV (65-70"), you probably don't need 4K. It looks great when you're close to it, but who realistically sits 2-3 feet from their TV?

I bought One Piece Unlimited Adventure Wii for a $1 and 3 other Ps1 demo disks for $3, they were Ape Escape, Driver, and a Disk with a few different games on it. If anyone is interested in the Ps1 stuff PM me.[attachment=20340:image.jpg][attachment=20340:image.jpg]

CCCCCCOMBO BREAKERRR! Im just gonna post an actual pickup real fast....you can continue the PC talk when Im done!

Craigslist trade- My Chromecast plus $35 for their NES (no cables), Gunshot joystick, Kid Niki, Bill And Ted, Robin Hood, Bart Vs The World, and a Wii with ac adapter and component cables.

Arcade Block- SF5 tshirt, Metroid Morph Ball stress ball, rubiks cube with Mario item pics, beanie hat with a Pokeball on it, bloody Scorpion bobblehead, and a Portal Safety First tin sign.

Gamestop- 2 Mew download codes and Super Smash Bros Wii U- free after giftcards. Local gamestore- Halo 5, NES MAX controller, and an ac adapter for $10 after my trade in credit from a box of DVDs I traded in a few months ago. Ebay- 1998 talking light up Pikachu was $2 shipped after Ebay Bucks. Link was $12 shipped from Amazon. And the other thing is a Ramen bowl figure that came in my Japan Crate, it was sitting near by so I added it to the pic.

Jackpot @ my TGT *FF is from AWD*

dcroep.jpg

pic1.jpg

Worlds End, 30 for 30, New Girl Season 3, and a few PS4 games.  DMC was not part of the Target sale in my area, but this one is *really* hard to find new anywhere anymore, so I'm keeping it.  I'm a sucker for this remastered trend (I own DMC on my 360 but this one includes the DLC and -- well -- 60 fps) ;-)

pic1.jpg

Worlds End, 30 for 30, New Girl Season 3, and a few PS4 games. DMC was not part of the Target sale in my area, but this one is *really* hard to find new anywhere anymore, so I'm keeping it. I'm a sucker for this remastered trend (I own DMC on my 360 but this one includes the DLC and -- well -- 60 fps) ;-)
Isnt DMC not the same as the old DMC series games?

Isnt DMC not the same as the old DMC series games?
Well, if you mean that it's done by Ninja Theory, and well, has a very different look, then yes, it's not the same. But the spirit of the DMC game felt pretty much spot-on from what little I played of my 360 copy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dCSWf81AU0o
Eh. I don't know. A lot of those complaints stem from the mere fact that Ninja Theory tried something new with an old franchise. In an industry that increasingly plays it too safe nowadays with its franchises, I was pleased to see a different take on Dante. Ninja Theory doesn't do the kind of games Capcom does with DMC, which is why it was pretty cool.

Also, as to the lock-on feature, that is something the Definitive Edition added.

My only gripe is changing weapons mid-combo. It makes it too complicated for no reason other than to get higher scores.

I don't recall the DMC/Bayo doing it that way. You can change weapons, but you stuck with them for the combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh. I don't know. A lot of those complaints stem from the mere fact that Ninja Theory tried something new with an old franchise. In an industry that increasingly plays it too safe nowadays with its franchises, I was pleased to see a different take on Dante. Ninja Theory doesn't do the kind of games Capcom does with DMC, which is why it was pretty cool.

Also, as to the lock-on feature, that is something the Definitive Edition added.
Doesnt look bad and refreshing. Remember playing it on ps2 and it was awesome.

Well the cat seems to enjoy the electronic catpaw from Walgreens.

20th Anniversary plushies, Pikachu figure sets, and Mew Pokeball

[attachment=20478:IMAG1276.jpg]
20th anniversary plushes.
These are cheap and way better then amiibos imo. $16.99 each plush.

Are those HG models? Astray looks like one of those Advanced Grade models, though it may just be the pose it's in.

Either way, I would definitely look to get a lining Gundam Marker. You'd be shocked at how much those things improve your models.

20th anniversary plushes.
These are cheap and way better then amiibos imo. $16.99 each plush.
I bought the BAB Pikachu, but I actually don't like how it looks. The only good part is the Charizard hoodie, and even that's not as cool as I hoped. Maybe I should sell it and get the Steiff!

Got these from FYE using their B1G1 for $1 sale. Whatever material Discotek uses for their slipcovers, it does not mesh with FYE price stickers.

Got these from the RightStuf clearence sale.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Special Edition box has a bad ding in the top left corner, but with everyone else's issues with Best Buy, im just happy I got it.

AiCC0yq.jpg

5wHWxh7.jpg

Also went to the zoo and saw tortoises making babies! A chaperone with a bunch of kids had to shoo the kids away once she realized. Not a pick-up obviously, but it was great.

atCz6vn.jpg

i got some good picks up today. i got these for a dollar each

these were five each been look for alien hominid for a while glad to add this to my collection.

these i kind of wish i left the store before they put them out. i had not spent much in the last two weeks which is great since i been trying to cut back but i could not resist getting these. they came out to about $30 each but they are mint and complete. it is the most i spent in months for a single game.

also picked up the legendary Yoda from target for 54 on clearance and it was not damaged by those stupid cords they put around them. it not for me though i picked it up for my mom she had been wanting one since they came out but not for 180.

Wii Collection stuff

The Wii version of Let's Sing 2016 was recalled a week or two after release and has disappeared from almost all online stores (Maximum Games no longer even lists the Wii version on their website) so I snagged a copy of the bundle version (with microphone) before prices start getting crazy. 

There's a reason Team Four Star rated it as their #2 movie, and it's well deserved. The Ocean dub is also almost perfect. If Ian Corlett was still on the cast it would have been perfect.

bread's done
Back