The Official CAG July 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='materialz']
3SwQk.jpg

$9.97 for LA Noire and ME2
$4.99 for Condemned (new)
$5 for Fable 2 (used)
$2.99 for Forza 2 (used)[/QUOTE]

Mind if I asked where you found them?

Fable came from Ebay, Forza came from Gamestop, Condemned from Best Buy, and LA Noire/ME2 came from Staples, keep in mind all in Canada.

I just picked this sucker up. It weren't cheap :p

DSC02653.jpg

Honestly, it's single most expensive piece of gaming gear that I've ever purchased. Go figure LOL!

[quote name='wiggyx']I just picked this sucker up. It weren't cheap :p

DSC02653.jpg

Honestly, it's single most expensive piece of gaming gear that I've ever purchased. Go figure LOL![/QUOTE]

Consider me jealous...

While all the newbie collectors were buying all the copies of Final Fantasy 8 and Tactics at a local fire sale, nobody noticed this little gem for a 5 dollars. Near Mint
1341550614.jpg

[quote name='dan13l858']While all the newbie collectors were buying all the copies of Final Fantasy 8 and Tactics at a local fire sale, nobody noticed this little gem for a 5 dollars. Near Mint
1341550614.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, wow. In that case and everything, I'm shocked there's one out there.

[quote name='wiggyx']I just picked this sucker up. It weren't cheap :p

DSC02653.jpg

Honestly, it's single most expensive piece of gaming gear that I've ever purchased. Go figure LOL![/QUOTE]

What exactly is this?!? Besides the obvious SNES Model 2 on the right.

A store for retro games opened near my dorm so I'm ravaging it soon.

Gotta go pick up a NES and a couple of games since my dearest mother threw mine away because "it was old". Then just told me "lolz get another", like I could pick it up just anywhere. :(

[quote name='Seshka']A store for retro games opened near my dorm so I'm ravaging it soon.

Gotta go pick up a NES and a couple of games since my dearest mother threw mine away because "it was old". Then just told me "lolz get another", like I could pick it up just anywhere. :([/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. My mother threw out all my old transformers back in the early 90's. I had everyone. smh

So today I had to get some stuff done to my car for the millionth time, and I usually pass this sketchy looking thrift shop. Since my girlfriend decided not to come with me, I figured I would take a look. I'm so glad I did.

35ajg3a.jpg
34es3zb.jpg

All for ~40. I know some of them probably aren't worth a whole lot, but it's worth noting that the Majora's Mask and Mario 64 were only a buck a piece and the Sega games I got the 6-pack, which I'm sure isn't worth much, but also X-Men 2, Earthworm Jim, Vectorman(which am I wrong thinking it's worth something?) and a personal favorite, Maximum Carnage!

4EVjN.jpg

Went out to the pawn shops and more today.

Dark Souls - 19.99 at Best Buy

Alan Wake, Bejeweled 3, Fable II (I had to buy a new copy..just posted yesterday I got it, but I knocked over my xbox last night and trashed it), and Oblivion GOTY were all $5 at the pawn shop. Must go back there soon!

[quote name='materialz']
4EVjN.jpg

Went out to the pawn shops and more today.

Dark Souls - 19.99 at Best Buy

Alan Wake, Bejeweled 3, Fable II (I had to buy a new copy..just posted yesterday I got it, but I knocked over my xbox last night and trashed it), and Oblivion GOTY were all $5 at the pawn shop. Must go back there soon![/QUOTE]

i thought darksouls was $29.99 at bestbuy?

It's on sale right now for the summer $10 off. I got the last one at my store..and for some reason they had the 360 version for 29.99, it's supposed to be 19.99

@Wiggy pretty cool to see that prototype.

As for what I got today. More empty console boxes! Even better they were free! Sorry about the blurry pic. The boxes top left to bottom right. Sega CD model 1, Dreamcast, Saturn NetLink, N64, and 3DO model 1

I got these from the best game store in the Cleveland area called The Connection. So if you are in the area check them out. *ends shout out

Also from same place

This came in from Nintendo.

[quote name='kermit036']
I got these from the best game store in the Cleveland area called The Connection. So if you are in the area check them out. *ends shout out
[/QUOTE]

Where in Cleveland? I've never heard of it.

[quote name='sevenfold']
xaJSL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh, Wild Arms, I miss you so. Bloody Roar and Alundra were also great.

OhWRQ.jpg

eJXrQ.jpg

Comics include FF #48 (first appearance of Silver Surfer and Galactus, ~$1400 in mint condition) and FF #50 (first appearance of Silver Surfer on a cover, $1000 mint). Obviously they're not mint, but I paid $4 each at an antique store + $5 for the frames at Michaels so I think I did pretty well.

Also, yeah I'm pretty excited about having Alundra and Wild Arms again. I was actually buying a NES top loader from a guy on Craigslist, we got to talking and he said he had some PS1 games I might want and went home to get them and came back with those for $20, they're both like new.. Alundra even has the map.

I've been to the connection. Pretty decent store. Not too much in the way of deals though :/

I got these at "the Exchange" yesterday (I'm sure my fellow clevelanders are familiar with the chain). 10 bucks

62ce6e7c.jpg

@Kermit - where are you from? You may be able to just stop by and see it first hand ;)

Damn, I want a new copy of Muramasa for 7 bucks!

Someone cheated on that Contra 3 UGC cover. Looks like it was scaled and printed on 8.5x11. I'm such a dork :/

Check Sears for the Muramasa. My printer sucks, so I dont print my own covers. Office Depot does it for me and the only we have been getting them to print is to convert it to a pdf and print it on 8.5 x 14 paper.

KtMack23: I bought them from Bre Software. I had the games, and they were (and still are) selling the outer boxes for about $3 each. They are used, but mine were in excellent shape. Check their site as they probably still have them, although shipping is gonna suck.

Tsel: Ive only seen them at Walmart. They had a special display of collection blurays out for $15 each and TMNT was one of them. All the Walmarts around have got rid of the special display but I was able to find left over stock on there normal shelves at one of the Walmarts near me.

Just for reference, this is all the mail I received today:
g6RWG.jpg

And here's what was in it:
photobucket-5089-1341845850752.jpg

photobucket-4796-1341845806066.jpg

Aside from the Workaholics Season 1 and 2 Blu and the Alien Anthology, which were from Amazon, everything else was from GoHastings. I'm very happy with the condition of everything. Everything is complete and in really good condition. Except, does the Back to the Future Blu-ray trilogy come with an outer box/slipcover? If so, I didn't get one, but that's not a huge deal.

The WWE DVDs were all super cheap. After GoHasting's 30% off, most of them ended up being less than $2. I still have two more orders to come in, mostly more WWE DVDs though.

Just for reference, this is all the mail I received today:
g6RWG.jpg

And here's what was in it:
photobucket-5089-1341845850752.jpg

photobucket-4796-1341845806066.jpg

Aside from the Workaholics Season 1 and 2 Blu and the Alien Anthology, which were from Amazon, everything else was from GoHastings. I'm very happy with the condition of everything. Everything is complete and in really good condition. Except, does the Back to the Future Blu-ray trilogy come with an outer box/slipcover? If so, I didn't get one, but that's not a huge deal.

The WWE DVDs were all super cheap. After GoHasting's 30% off, most of them ended up being less than $2. I still have two more orders to come in, mostly more WWE DVDs though.

[quote name='Tempius']Check Sears for the Muramasa. My printer sucks, so I dont print my own covers. Office Depot does it for me and the only we have been getting them to print is to convert it to a pdf and print it on 8.5 x 14 paper.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks!

A LOT of people have had issues with Staples/Office Max/etc printing their covers and having them improperly scaled. There are a handful of threads on the TCP forum, but nobody has been able to properly solve the issue of printing at retail and getting the proper size 100% of the time :(

Also, just grabbed these at a local Marc's store for next-to-nothing. On to eBay they go!

613a9f4e.jpg

10 sharp shooters and 9 active 2, $131

Looking at completed BIN listings for both, I should be able to do about 12-15 a pop for the EA active boxes and 25-30 for the Sharp Shooters.

Thanks!

Canon iP4300. It's also got a nice little CD/DVD printing feature that was only available in European and Asian regions that can easily be unlocked with a new driver and print tray that can be found on eBay for about 10 bucks.

It's not super top-of-the-line, but it pretty decent. They're old enough now that you can get 'em on Amazon for fairly cheap (120-150 used) and the ink isn't prohibitively expensive either.

IMO, the MOST important factor is paper. Even a cheap-o WalMart printer can do a decent job with good paper. I use Epson "Enhanced Matte" paper. It's pricey, but totally worth it if you want good, long lasting covers. Matte paper tends to produce darker, richer colors. The only real downside is that you may need to adjust brightness and contrast on some of the darker, black-heavy covers/images in order to keep them from being obliterated in a sea of total darkness. Also, the prints are of archival quality when used with OEM Canon inks. As long as you keep them out of direct sunlight, they should last a long time ;)

Forza 3 was good times! I played the snot out of that game when it came out (helped that I was laid up for about 3 weeks when it hit. I think I hit level 50 in like 3-4 days).

[quote name='wiggyx']Forza 3 was good times! I played the snot out of that game when it came out (helped that I was laid up for about 3 weeks when it hit. I think I hit level 50 in like 3-4 days).[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah I can't wait to start it. I've always been a GT player but I got a 360 so I'm going through Forza 2 and up now. Almost done with 2!

bread's done
Back