The Official CAG July 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Not much of a bottled beer drinker, eh? I think I have a bottle opener in almost every room in my house. And if not, then a nail clipper or king size marker will get the job done.

Yeah, the made with sugar thing is only detectable with certain flavors IMO. Mexi-Coke is really easy to tell the difference, but orange pop doesn't seem much different as best I can taste.

Posters/Bags/small stuff:
Funimation posters, front:
89f7a1a5.jpg

Back:
830ceb05.jpg

From Nintendo room:
8c3ff6ca.jpg

Kodansha posters:
95454169.jpg

Viz stuff, including 2 months of Hulu+:
60b577a0.jpg

More Viz stuff:
0bd851ff.jpg

Hitman mousepad, Sleeping Dogs cleaver, PS+ trial x3:
a6fc3e39.jpg

Walking Dead/Sparticus bags:
56254f11.jpg

Random stuff:
a3459e21.jpg

Doctor Who stuff:
Tardis Bobblehead:
e384733c.jpg

Tardis Lunchbox:
a9a0de46.jpg

Dalek socks:
0be06ebb.jpg

Matty Collector, 2x DC Polly Pocket, 1x Teen Titans:
593b75e8.jpg

Plushes (Hello Kitty Chun-Li was ordered, but is being mailed, Sackboy free for playing the LBP Kart game):
ec60b6d3.jpg

Apparel (mostly):
GF loves this shirt, and I laughed for a good minute at the Mr. T-poo.
87ed65f8.jpg

Free from playing Mario 2:
ee7537e8.jpg

Rainbow Dash hoodie:
95cd1809.jpg

SDCC exclusive Assassin's Creed 3 shirt:
You had to preorder from the BBY site to get it, so I used $20 in codes, and should get $20 unlocked after picking it up. Gonna try to get a steelbook as well. BTW, the game looks awesome.
93b548b0.jpg

Books:
All three signed by Orson Scott Card. GF brought Ender's Shadow, while the other two were free.
2e134a79.jpg

Left one signed by Brandon Sanderson. Went to his panel, where he read from the last book of WoT. All were free.
56e1ad77.jpg

Sailor Moon 6, only way to get the bag:
84ee2a07.jpg

MLP bag (Hello Kitty on the reverse). Second to last thing we got today, from buying the Rainbow Dash hoodie. One of the few things I've been wanting since Thursday:
d5524a5a.jpg

Went back to pick these up, because the lines to redeem were insane. These absolutely made my day. I think I was grinning from ear to ear for an hour:
We actually won 2 Venoms. I really wanted Venom, but I would have sold the second one. Two guys were standing by the booth, and flashed $20 at me to sell it to him. I laughed in his face. Then another guy saw us with 2 Venoms, and asked if we would trade a Venom for his Phoenix. I gladly accepted.
a04fc386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wiggyx']Not much of a bottled beer drinker, eh? I think I have a bottle opener in almost every room in my house. And if not, then a nail clipper or king size marker will get the job done.[/QUOTE]

One of my brothers wears a bottle-opener ring.

Picture quality is excellent on the tv, hoping it doesn't break before the warrant is out. Really wish those 3D glasses worked on my Samsung though, would save me some money!
Tera was $8 bucks at Best Buy so I'm looking forward to trying that out :)

pics111.jpg

[quote name='Survivalism']One of my brothers wears a bottle-opener ring.[/QUOTE]

Win!

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Picture quality is excellent on the tv, hoping it doesn't break before the warrant is out. Really wish those 3D glasses worked on my Samsung though, would save me some money!
Tera was $8 bucks at Best Buy so I'm looking forward to trying that out :)

[/QUOTE]

Err, after the warranty runs out ;)

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Playstation Glasses are supposed to work with Samsung 3DTVs.
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/index.html
"Compatible with Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Sharp ACTIVE Shutter 3D ready displays that use IR emitters."

Have you tried it out yet?[/QUOTE]

If the Samsung is ea 3D ready TV.

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Playstation Glasses are supposed to work with Samsung 3DTVs.
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/index.html
"Compatible with Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Sharp ACTIVE Shutter 3D ready displays that use IR emitters."

Have you tried it out yet?[/QUOTE]

I have actually. Hmmm, maybe I had the settings wrong. When I tried it out with Wrath of the Titans it didn't work for me. Samsung 46 UND6420. It worked with my Samsung glasses but my Sony ones didn't seem to work.

[quote name='wiggyx']

Err, after the warranty runs out ;)

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah huh. haha. I had a few drinks, I'll blame it on that :p

Alright, so I've done a lot of buying these past two weeks, and I just went through my basement for what I also had. And my god, did I forget some of the shit that I've had laying around. I'll post pictures and explain what some of it is. I'm still new and don't really have the best ways to take pictures down yet.

1237bjl.jpg

mn2dyo.jpg

2hcnprr.jpg

dlt1xh.jpg

2s8qxqu.jpg

116q8vc.jpg

o5xm9w.jpg

30hokts.jpg

2me8xe8.jpg

The first pic I grabbed at a flea market. I know most of you probably don't give a damn about sports, but Steve Young is my 2nd favorite player and next to it was a Collector's Edition of Star Wars Jedi Knight 2(which has the first one AND the light up lightsaber keychain inside still) for ~30, which I was fine with paying since I don't expect to see a whole lot of those anymore.

The second pic, I found a promotion bobble head of Spider Man from the first movie as well as my Bioshock Big Daddy statue, along with a bunch of sega/N64 games I forgot I had(including Kings Bounty CIB, Kid Chameleon CIB, Paper Mario, Zelda MM, and Hybrid Heaven, which I always personally enjoyed). On the shelf is most of my PS3 games, and I got the WKCII from Newegg this week.

Pic 3 has most of my pickups from Newegg, which was Record of Argrest War 1 & 0, along with El Shaddai (I'm kicking myself because I saw it for 10 at Best Buy yesterday, but such is life), and Batman AA for 10 at Target.

Pic 4 is the UC3 CE that I got from a great CAG on here since mine was out. Behind it is the Bioshock 2 CE that I've had and forgot about.

Pic 5 is a bunch of PS1 and DC games I forgot that I even had, including FF VII-IX, Shenmue 1 and 2(the Euro import) Lunar 2 complete, and a few of my personal favorites. I also don't really mind the GH covers, so I'm not going to spend a ton of time or money trying to get non-GH covers(I know blasphemy as a gamer/collector, but I'm not hard to please I guess). I also found another crop of games that I put on a CD spindle, but none of them are too impressive or worth showing/talking about. I also have the SR3 CE, FFXIII-2 CE and FFXVI CE. Off the the side is the Calvin and Hobbes full hardcover collection with the FO CEs.

Pic 6 is the Walking Dead books, I got book 5 & 6 from GoHastings for the 40% off sale, but they canceled my book 4, so I ordered that off Amazon with my Swagbucks GCs.

Pic 7 is a couple of DS games I got at Best Buy. My local one had a 50% off certain games sale, so I got both for >15, and the books were for the GF(yeah she likes Lovecraft, I think I'm good from here on out...)

Pic 8 is a bunch of games that I got from GS just before the merger which has Xenogears, Tactics Ogre, Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, Koudelka, Vanguard Bandits and a couple others. Most have the game and the book (Sadly not Xenogears), just no cases.

And finally, pic 9, is more from that 50% off, I got the DA2 for my Dad(he really likes the first one, just can't play it with the controller, so I think it'll be easier for him) which I have to ship him, and Resistance so I could try it with the PS33D Tv I got a couple of weeks ago. The Crysis 2 is the LE with everything on it for 10 bucks, and under is the guide from Dragon Warrior IX for 10 which I was happy enough to pay.

I know not all of it was game related and it was a shitton to go through, but I still have some boxes to go through. Now I also have to decide if I want to make a trade list for any of this stuff or if I want to just hold on to all of it for now...

[quote name='Squarehard']How close are you now to completing it all?[/QUOTE]

Well almost half way there. I still need seasons 1, 3, 5 , and 7. Also the OVA and Movies
Season 1 seems like its going to be the hardest to find at the right price since everyone wants a lot for it and im talking about the 2nd edition. Both on ebay and amazon :cry:

[quote name='tuffguycore']Alright, so I've done a lot of buying these past two weeks, and I just went through my basement for what I also had. And my god, did I forget some of the shit that I've had laying around. I'll post pictures and explain what some of it is. I'm still new and don't really have the best ways to take pictures down yet.

1237bjl.jpg

mn2dyo.jpg

2hcnprr.jpg

dlt1xh.jpg

2s8qxqu.jpg

116q8vc.jpg

o5xm9w.jpg

30hokts.jpg

2me8xe8.jpg

The first pic I grabbed at a flea market. I know most of you probably don't give a damn about sports, but Steve Young is my 2nd favorite player and next to it was a Collector's Edition of Star Wars Jedi Knight 2(which has the first one AND the light up lightsaber keychain inside still) for ~30, which I was fine with paying since I don't expect to see a whole lot of those anymore.

The second pic, I found a promotion bobble head of Spider Man from the first movie as well as my Bioshock Big Daddy statue, along with a bunch of sega/N64 games I forgot I had(including Kings Bounty CIB, Kid Chameleon CIB, Paper Mario, Zelda MM, and Hybrid Heaven, which I always personally enjoyed). On the shelf is most of my PS3 games, and I got the WKCII from Newegg this week.

Pic 3 has most of my pickups from Newegg, which was Record of Argrest War 1 & 0, along with El Shaddai (I'm kicking myself because I saw it for 10 at Best Buy yesterday, but such is life), and Batman AA for 10 at Target.

Pic 4 is the UC3 CE that I got from a great CAG on here since mine was out. Behind it is the Bioshock 2 CE that I've had and forgot about.

Pic 5 is a bunch of PS1 and DC games I forgot that I even had, including FF VII-IX, Shenmue 1 and 2(the Euro import) Lunar 2 complete, and a few of my personal favorites. I also don't really mind the GH covers, so I'm not going to spend a ton of time or money trying to get non-GH covers(I know blasphemy as a gamer/collector, but I'm not hard to please I guess). I also found another crop of games that I put on a CD spindle, but none of them are too impressive or worth showing/talking about. I also have the SR3 CE, FFXIII-2 CE and FFXVI CE. Off the the side is the Calvin and Hobbes full hardcover collection with the FO CEs.

Pic 6 is the Walking Dead books, I got book 5 & 6 from GoHastings for the 40% off sale, but they canceled my book 4, so I ordered that off Amazon with my Swagbucks GCs.

Pic 7 is a couple of DS games I got at Best Buy. My local one had a 50% off certain games sale, so I got both for >15, and the books were for the GF(yeah she likes Lovecraft, I think I'm good from here on out...)

Pic 8 is a bunch of games that I got from GS just before the merger which has Xenogears, Tactics Ogre, Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, Koudelka, Vanguard Bandits and a couple others. Most have the game and the book (Sadly not Xenogears), just no cases.

And finally, pic 9, is more from that 50% off, I got the DA2 for my Dad(he really likes the first one, just can't play it with the controller, so I think it'll be easier for him) which I have to ship him, and Resistance so I could try it with the PS33D Tv I got a couple of weeks ago. The Crysis 2 is the LE with everything on it for 10 bucks, and under is the guide from Dragon Warrior IX for 10 which I was happy enough to pay.

I know not all of it was game related and it was a shitton to go through, but I still have some boxes to go through. Now I also have to decide if I want to make a trade list for any of this stuff or if I want to just hold on to all of it for now...[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups!

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Nice pickups![/QUOTE]

Haha thanks. Hopefully my next update will not be quite as long... the way that I spend money, I feel like it will be.

[quote name='Squarehard']The OVA collections will be difficult too. I lucked out and got mine for a steal.[/QUOTE]

yeah i see... might take me a little longer to complete it... I'll just have to keep checking constantly everyday and hopefully i can get lucky and catch one at a decent price.

[quote name='Barney']yeah i see... might take me a little longer to complete it... I'll just have to keep checking constantly everyday and hopefully i can get lucky and catch one at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Patience with pick-ups is a virtue. ^___^

Went to my cousins house and picked up his ps3 he was selling for 125$

It was a 320gb slim model :) , it came with all the hookups, 1 wireless controller and 2 games. It works great and not scratched at all. Came with original box but no paperwork which is fine.

Uncharted 3, MW2.

Pretty damn good deal, will try to put pictures if I can :)

ZyCto.jpg

rhzed.jpg

Ikjty.jpg

My pickups over the last couple of weeks. Only the Sega CD part of the last pic is new, the Gen and 32x are old. I haven't had a SCD system since I was about 12 so I'm pretty excited about it.

I saw that same Black Cat set at a local used book/game/video store today and considered picking it up but they were asking a little too much.

[quote name='sevenfold']I saw that same Black Cat set at a local used book/game/video store today and considered picking it up but they were asking a little too much.[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Black Cat, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it. $25 is generally a good price for this particular set.

[quote name='wiggyx']That is pretty groovy![/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw it being reviewed on YouTube and I had to get one. There is a modern Sonic version also, which I'll probably end up picking up at some point down the line.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Yeah I saw it being reviewed on YouTube and I had to get one. There is a modern Sonic version also, which I'll probably end up picking up at some point down the line.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess who reviewed it. PeteDorr prehaps?

bread's done
Back