The Official CAG May 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kilik64']Still don't get the hardon for steel books...[/QUOTE]

I don't really care about steelbooks that much, but Shaun of the Dead, Paul and Hot Fuzz are all cheaper via steelbook release and include a DVD/digital copy as well. I know Paul originally came with a DVD/digital copy. But yeah.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Here's my latest items from the last couple days.

My teefury shirt 'Fellowship of the Fantasy' finally arrived today even though I ordered it last month. The PSP games are Star Ocean: Second Evolution and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. The Claudus I found at GS for $4.99. Oddly enough this was the only time I've seen him out in the wild so I just had to pick him up now that the series is canceled.

Got Zombieland from Target last week when it was on sale for $4.99. Always wanted a copy and don't really care to get on Blu for that one. Then I got Doom 3 BFG Edition & Attack the Block this past Saturday at BB.

Today I finally decided to get a poster frame for my Tron Legacy poster.[/QUOTE]

Sick shirt. I was going to order it but was kinda poor. And Teefury always takes that long. You can't go by their "shipping" time because they take 2-5 days to even get the order ready.

Aquaman joins his teammates!

aquamanh.jpg

Not too much in lately, but this did come in just today! Waiting until I get them all then going on a manga kick for a bit!

dfe4be4d-54fc-452c-a8d0-d02b2777cfae_zps530424e0.jpg

Grabbed Fire Emblem from Gamestop for $12 afte $10 coupon. :) RE4 is the premium (it is missing the Ada Cell & Mini Guide) but the steel is in fairly good shape. Paired that with the X-Men games since PS2 is B2G1F. All discs are pretty good condition too. Bought Walking Dead locally for $10 (I heard it sucks but for $10 I will give it a whirl). Imported a PAL copy of Vesperia (the achievements stack) and plus I am getting a PAL region box later this year.

More Wii games !!

wii.gif
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Used @ Gamestop, $65 - PUR - $20 PUR$$ it came to $42.XX
icon_smile.gif
, Missing slipcover :()
wii.gif
Formula 1 2009 ($20 -PUR)
wii.gif
Kororinpa Marble Mania ($10 -PUR)
wii.gif
Sam & Max Season 2 ($5 -PUR)
wii.gif
Nights Journey of Dreams ($3 -PUR)
wii.gif
Samba De Amigo ($1 -PUR)
wii.gif
Counter Force ($1 -PUR) (Not pictured)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']More Wii games !!

wii.gif
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Used @ Gamestop, $65 - PUR - $20 PUR$$ it came to $42.XX
icon_smile.gif
, Missing slipcover :()
wii.gif
Formula 1 2009 ($20 -PUR)
wii.gif
Kororinpa Marble Mania ($10 -PUR)[/QUOTE]
Did MPT come with the artbook though? My copy was in great shape with the slip cover, sans the artbook. Plus you seem to be cornering the market on more obscure, pricey Wii games with F1 2009.

And if you like Kororinpa, I would suggest Mercury Meltdown Revolution, only $2 at GS.

I ponder selling my MP Trilogy every now and then. Ill probably wait till Nintendo announces a new Metroid for Wii U. People will be looking to catch up, especially if its a new Prime game.

Moar stuff
imag05731a.jpg

Got Gunslinger Girl from a lowball, MvC3 and LBP2 from HHGregg clearance, Pokemon Blue from a yard sale I saw driving home today. Only paid a buck for it. It was pretty lucky that I found it, the yard sale mostly had plants and a box of misc. items and I saw that in the box. I'm planning on getting a PS3 soon so I'm slowly starting to pick them up whenever it's cheap.

From a local shop. The owner was selling off some of his own stuff. Managed to get everything here for $130 ~ $13/item. :). Everything is complete with manual and plastic case inside the cardboard box.

the games are from left to right: Puzzle Link, Sonic Pocket Adventure, King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise (import), Metal Slug 1st Mission, The Match of the Millenium, Biomotor Unitron, Puyo Pop, Ocean blue Pocket Color system, Metal Slug 2nd Mission, and Neo Turf Masters.

This is my first foray into NGPC. I am very impressed with this little system. The joystick is wonderful. From my brief research though these seem to be the creme of the crop of the games or am I missing something. I am always ears for more great games. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

The NGPC is such a gem!

• Faslei
• Dive Alert
• Card Fighter's Clash
• Pac-Man (said to be one of, if not the MOST accurate arcade to console port)
• And if you can muster the $$$, the Megaman fighter collection is fun too!

Im currently livig in jakarta and I came across some jp sega saturn games. I got sonic wings special complete with the mini cd soundtrack for $10 cdn and a sealed copy of die hard arcade for $15 cdn. If you havent seen the jp cover for die hard arcade look it up. Its epic.

Officially completed my want list for the N64! Wooters!

null_zps004e4fb6.jpg

Mario Party 1, 2, 3, & Yoshi DS from Craigslist - $60
Snes games from local shop - $20
Turok, Bomberman, and Ogre Battle - Trade

So amped! Now I just need to find time to make covers for em.

Went to a random video game store and picked up:

GBA:
Tales of Phantasia - $10 (Sealed)

Genesis:
Ecco - The Tides of Time - $5 (Complete)

PS1:
Wild 9 -$6 (Complete)
Vagrant Story - $10 (Complete)

Kick ass day

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
dfe4be4d-54fc-452c-a8d0-d02b2777cfae_zps530424e0.jpg

Grabbed Fire Emblem from Gamestop for $12 afte $10 coupon. :) RE4 is the premium (it is missing the Ada Cell & Mini Guide) but the steel is in fairly good shape. Paired that with the X-Men games since PS2 is B2G1F. All discs are pretty good condition too. Bought Walking Dead locally for $10 (I heard it sucks but for $10 I will give it a whirl). Imported a PAL copy of Vesperia (the achievements stack) and plus I am getting a PAL region box later this year.[/QUOTE]

Where and how much was Persona 4? I've been watching it online, and would really like to pick it up, but everywhere I see is at the lowest $35-$40, which is to much for me, especially since it's only half the series:cry:

[quote name='kermit036']From a local shop. The owner was selling off some of his own stuff. Managed to get everything here for $130 ~ $13/item. :). Everything is complete with manual and plastic case inside the cardboard box.

the games are from left to right: Puzzle Link, Sonic Pocket Adventure, King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise (import), Metal Slug 1st Mission, The Match of the Millenium, Biomotor Unitron, Puyo Pop, Ocean blue Pocket Color system, Metal Slug 2nd Mission, and Neo Turf Masters.

This is my first foray into NGPC. I am very impressed with this little system. The joystick is wonderful. From my brief research though these seem to be the creme of the crop of the games or am I missing something. I am always ears for more great games. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Kickass find. Wish I knew more about local stores in my area. CA is pretty dry... ;_;

Any idea where I could get a replacement battery door cover for a NGPC? Mine is in really nice shape except for the cover for the little save battery. I've never seen one on Ebay, and even busted/for parts systems go for a bit more than I want to pay just for a tiny piece of plastic.

From Zavvi:

20130510_223015-1.jpg

Sad to see it is single-disc. :(

From Best Buy:

20130510_223047-1.jpg

20130510_223132-1.jpg

Figured since I am watch Trek for the first time, might as well do Fast & Furious too.

From Costco:

20130510_223202-1.jpg

20130510_223255-1.jpg

The F&F films at Costco were only $7.99, but they do NOT include the Fandango movie cash.

8727887846_609d79483d_c.jpg

Metroid was from fye 3.99$
Zelda and the psp game were from k marts both wii and psp were each 20$ from there

not picture
3 eshop games

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
Crimson Shroud
Liberation Maiden
Fire Emblem: Awakening- Summer Scramble

[quote name='wiggyx']Did anyone else know that F&F6 is a thing?! Jesus, how on Earth is that series still going on?![/QUOTE]

What's worse is that many of my younger coworkers have seen all the Fast and Furious movies but have never seen any of the Die Hard or Lethal Weapon movies.

I weep for our youth.

These were my pickups from the past fewdays.

Luigis Mansion from AWD. Came complete and with a unused club nintendo code! Guides are from a gohastings sale. DBZ from a recent lowball (One of my favorite games ever I may add), and 3 more Claymore manga to leave me 3 short of having them all now :bouncy:

Well clearly the box office return warranted a 6th installment. Duh.

Personally, I find the first three laughable and thus somewhat enjoyable when viewed with friends or to have on in the background while I do household chores, with the latter movies being pretty much crap as the series starts to get more "serious".

I'm sticking with Die Hard :p

I was making a comment similar with a friend about how it made it to 6th and he also mentioned that 4/5 were much better. I am keeping an eye out for blus... a short while ago 1-5 were on sale and I totally dismissed it... will likely pick them up with some discount if given another chance.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I was making a comment similar with a friend about how it made it to 6th and he also mentioned that 4/5 were much better. I am keeping an eye out for blus... a short while ago 1-5 were on sale and I totally dismissed it... will likely pick them up with some discount if given another chance.[/QUOTE]
They are on sale for 9.99 each (minus Five, which is 14.99) at Best Buy and come with a free ticket to the 6th movie (fandango cash). If you do upgrade and save, you get another $5 off that. Note upgrade and save is over after today.

[quote name='wiggyx']Well clearly the box office return warranted a 6th installment. Duh.

Personally, I find the first three laughable and thus somewhat enjoyable when viewed with friends or to have on in the background while I do household chores, with the latter movies being pretty much crap as the series starts to get more "serious".

I'm sticking with Die Hard :p[/QUOTE]

Dumb question gets a dumb answer.

I'm surprised anyone is sticking with Die Hard after the last one.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm surprised anyone is sticking with Die Hard after the last one.[/QUOTE]
The crappiness of #5 does not diminish the awesomeness of #1, #3, & #4.

I been busy playing my backlog and haven't had time to post. I'm even too lazy too take a picture.

Anyway counting the last week of April till now I got.

N64 games
Duke nukem 64
Duke nukem zero hour
Kirby The crystal shards

PS3 Batman Arkham city GOTY ( seller sent two copies on accident so I a double.)

And I also got a samsung galaxy tab 7. Mainly just to tide me over till holiday season when ill get a gaming computer.

Time to go back to playing video games.:joystick:

Amazon order came in.

I wasn't going to get the Red vs BLue 10 year boxset, because I have seasons 1-9 on dvd. But, I borrowed the boxset from one of my friends so I could see season 10, and it was just too amazing. Pplus, only $80 on Amazon, compared to $180 from roosterteeth.com. The best of RvB, was only $5, and I heard it had some new stuff, so, why not?

Bronies bonus content, cause I loved the documentary so much, and the lightsaber is a flashlight, cause I'm not wasting my points to get it from gamestop poweruprewards, but I have no problem wasting $15 on it.

[quote name='DNukem170']Actually, the ones with the Fandango cash are NOT on sale. The normal ones are.[/QUOTE]
Actually they are. I bought 4 and 5 there. Notice the release date...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fast+&+...sp-app03-144?id=2689555&skuId=8902489&st=fast & furious blu&lp=1&cp=1

This is one WITHOUT the Fandango cash. Notice it is 5 more dollars and it came out way before the Fandango cash was available...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Fas...Disc/8861146.p?id=38031&skuId=8861146&st=fast & furious blu&lp=7&cp=1

[quote name='lordopus99']Actually they are. I bought 4 and 5 there. Notice the release date...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fast+%26+Furious+(Bby)+-+Blu-ray+Disc/8902489.p;jsessionid=5CE02D4810AE2D86DCF046F36A50738E.bbolsp-app03-144?id=2689555&skuId=8902489&st=fast & furious blu&lp=1&cp=1

This is one WITHOUT the Fandango cash. Notice it is 5 more dollars and it came out way before the Fandango cash was available...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Fas...Disc/8861146.p?id=38031&skuId=8861146&st=fast & furious blu&lp=7&cp=1[/QUOTE]

FACK! I bought 1 and 2 on Amazon for $22 combined, they just shipped today too. Could've saved $10 and had tickets to go see Fast 6. #-o

Well spent way more then I wanted today but decided to take a trip to the Flea Market even though the weather wasn't the greatest. This also is a bit of a precursor to some of the stuff I'm working on getting or will be getting later this week.

Up first are these Atari 5200 controllers. Working on a trade for a system right now and I've been eyeballing these the last few weeks. The trakball controller looked new and still had the plastic cover on the metal trim and the two joysticks seemed quite firm but I do know that these controllers tend to get a bit of a bad rep. I also got Galaxian for the system pictured further down all for a total of $35. A tad high but about the right price for a Trakball controller in this condition.
36X7WDp.jpg

Next up is this Turbo-Stick for the Turbo-Grafx 16. Just won an auction for a cheap system the other night so I found this today at the Flea Market. Just gotta work on getting some games now.
LhDDLgQ.jpg

Finally, as seen here is Galaxian. I also picked up Gunstar Heroes for $25 which is around what I was wanting to pay and I also found Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3ds on clearance at target for $9.98. I don't have a system but it seemed cheap enough so I grabbed it.
YXwxboc.jpg

Later this week should be some fun posts if everything I'm getting works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back