The Official CAG May 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this at the same thrift store I found my sealed FireRed not long ago, and came back with this for $2 which was mixed up with a bunch of crappy sports games.

photo1rxf.jpg

photo2mak.jpg

photo3wv.jpg

photo4qsy.jpg

Picked up a Xbox bundle today for $60, which included a CIB mint original Xbox console, and ~20 games, most of them complete and all game discs are in good condition.

The highlights of the games include:

LVTdNvZ.jpg

I'm pretty happy to have Conker Live and Reloaded. It's unfortunate that Battlefront 2 is missing the manual and has a tear on the spine of the game cover.

But overall, I think I got a decent deal on this.

[quote name='Squarehard']Found this at the same thrift store I found my sealed FireRed not long ago, and came back with this for $2 which was mixed up with a bunch of crappy sports games.

+pics removed+[/QUOTE]

fuck going to the thrift shop with macklemore

I need to go thrift shopping with you.

Pickups so far this month. Genesis games are Gunstar Heroes, Galaxy Force II, Thunder Force III, Steel Empire, and Fighting Masters. Not pictured are the Zelda OoT 3D and RRoD 360 I picked up for $30 total, and traded in to gamestop for ~$95.

[quote name='aptanor']
Pickups so far this month. Genesis games are Gunstar Heroes, Galaxy Force II, Thunder Force III, Steel Empire, and Fighting Masters. Not pictured are the Zelda OoT 3D and RRoD 360 I picked up for $30 total, and traded in to gamestop for ~$95.[/QUOTE]

gamestop takes dead consoles now? *goes to craigslist*

They don't give you much for them, but they were running a promo for $50 extra on any console trade-in, so when I saw the $20 360 I jumped on it.

Its funny, CAG's all get the same items, like the ninja gaiden CE, Which i picked up aswell. Also, everyone had the same carpet apparently. gray

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Where and how much was Persona 4? I've been watching it online, and would really like to pick it up, but everywhere I see is at the lowest $35-$40, which is to much for me, especially since it's only half the series:cry:[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was on vacation the past week and just saw this. I ended up paying $36 on Amazon. I've been on quite a Persona kick as of late so I just kind of semi impulsively purchased it.

Also... a few pick up pictures coming. Got a few awesome things while I was in Denver this past week. :D

Steelbooks from Walmart:

20130513_202229-1.jpg

20130513_202135-1.jpg

Pretty much full-on flips.

From the mail:

20130513_202314-1.jpg

Sailor Moon was $2.

Also, on a whim I decided to pick up a booster pack from the latest Pokemon TCG set, and lookie what I got:

20130513_203134-1.jpg

Not sure if I wanna keep Tornadus or not. On one hand, it would make a ton of money on eBay. On the other hand, it not only looks really, really fucking cool, but it's textured as well.

[quote name='whoknows']Pokemon cards can still be valuable?[/QUOTE]

Hell, yes. Maybe not the hundreds that Charizard was worth back in the day, but I sold a Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies for $51, and that was the low end. The Full Art and EX cards can net you $20-$25 minimum, especially now that Nintendo is making them look cool. It helps that TCPI is now using the Japanese foil looks rather than the blah foil they were using before.

Latest pickups. All of the last week, except Kanon as I don't know if I ever included it in any other of my pics. But never realized this version of Kanon went for so much on Amazon. I paid just $14 for it I think haha

[quote name='DNukem170']Disney Movie Club Order #1:

20130515_004440-1.jpg

20130515_004519-1.jpg

20130515_004415-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

how much was all of that and how much were the ghibli films indivually?

Since I had just joined, 5 of them were $1, one was $10, and the last was $15.

The Movie Club itself is neat, though. Buy any regular movie at full price (usually $25) and every other movie in the store gets 40% off. Already had another order, and I might get some of those DVD Tins.

[quote name='DNukem170']Since I had just joined, 5 of them were $1, one was $10, and the last was $15.

The Movie Club itself is neat, though. Buy any regular movie at full price (usually $25) and every other movie in the store gets 40% off. Already had another order, and I might get some of those DVD Tins.[/QUOTE]

Once you fulfill your commitment it's buy one at full price get the rest at 60% off. Which is a good deal if you're buying a bunch of movies. Not so much if you only buy 2, lol. Kim possible seasons 1/2 were going for $80-90 together on eBay at one point, don't know if they still are. But I wanted the aristocrats limited edition, so I bought that and the Kim possibles for $10 each and that evened itself out. Not buying 100 copies to sell, so don't want people getting all pissy.

I almost never buy movies (I have maybe 10 blu-rays lol) but lately I have really been hankering to get all the available Studio Ghibli movies on blu. Is this movie club thing really a good deal? By my calculations it's like $170 to get the first 4 + at least 5 more :br: at like $34 shipped apiece to fulfill the obligation. Or am I missing something?

o_O Where are you getting your numbers from? When you first sign up you get 5 movies for $1 each, plus one optional movie for $10 and another for $15. That is $30 for 7 movies. Once you register, you pay full price for one movie (usually $25, but can be higher) and get 40% off all other movies in the same order, including pre-orders.

Not seeing it. The offer is 4 for $1, plus another for $15 and a sixth for $10 more. I was only including the first four though admittedly it would be dumb to pass up the extra two.

Furthermore the membership details specifically state regular prices start at $29.95, not $25. If that's a lie then great, but I won't learn anything without asking questions. ;)

edit: Unless you were misreading my post which I would understand...not my best wording on display there. I meant $170 for the "Freebies" plus the rest, in total.

The initial thing says $30, but on the actual site itself most of the movies are $25 regardless if it's DVD or Blu-ray.

My second order was for 4 titles and cost about $75 including shipping.

Do note that the site does not have many 3D titles.

Well I've been wanting to get back into the Turbo-Grafx for a while now that the number of Genesis games I have to own is getting to a very small number. I've been searching ebay for a while now and found this one really cheap with no hookups or controller. Got it for $33. I've got the hookups lying around and the controller I had before when I had one long ago. Came with the game Bloody Wolf. Got a few more games coming in this week. Instead of buying a turbo-booster for composite video I'm probably gonna wire up some cheap av jacks I have lying around from a mod that didn't work so well.
HIYeG8h.jpg

I also got one of the few games that I have to own for my Genesis. Gaiares loose for $13.
fC5MHSP.jpg

First time posting in this thread.

Got all of these in the past 2-3 weeks:

do8kty.jpg

Spent about $30 for all of it (volumes 1-19, 42, 62 and 63). I initially started when a friend of mine gave me the first 4 volumes for free because he didn't want them anymore. I had been a big One Piece fan but never really seriously thought about collecting the manga. After searching a few sites, I was found a lot of the volumes pretty cheap used and grabbed what I could find. Unfortunately, most of the other volumes are still hovering around the $8-$10/each price, which is a bit high for me. But I imagine I'll just slowly collect them over time.

All of these are in pretty pristine condition for being used. The only one that's damaged pretty bad is Volume 10, which has the last 15 or so pages falling out. Might have to replace that one someday in the future.

If anyone has any good sites to buy cheap manga, let me know. GoHastings has been pretty good for me so far.

Continuing my quest for Wii games now that I have a Wii U I picked up all from gamestop and all in great condition and complete (minus the slipcover on Metroid Prime Trilogy although Club Nintendo code was unused on it and Pikmin!).

[quote name='dodgeme']Well I've been wanting to get back into the Turbo-Grafx for a while now that the number of Genesis games I have to own is getting to a very small number. I've been searching ebay for a while now and found this one really cheap with no hookups or controller. Got it for $33. I've got the hookups lying around and the controller I had before when I had one long ago. Came with the game Bloody Wolf. Got a few more games coming in this week. Instead of buying a turbo-booster for composite video I'm probably gonna wire up some cheap av jacks I have lying around from a mod that didn't work so well.
HIYeG8h.jpg

I also got one of the few games that I have to own for my Genesis. Gaiares loose for $13.
fC5MHSP.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So, are you gonna be picking up loose TG games and casing them? ;)

[quote name='DNukem170']

Also, on a whim I decided to pick up a booster pack from the latest Pokemon TCG set, and lookie what I got:

20130513_203134-1.jpg

Not sure if I wanna keep Tornadus or not. On one hand, it would make a ton of money on eBay. On the other hand, it not only looks really, really fucking cool, but it's textured as well.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Man I've never gotten a full art yet.
I did just put up 2 pokemon catchers on eBay. Usually sell for 15+. Could have sworn I had another but couldn't find it.

Not a whole lot today, just the start of a few TG-16 games rolling in. Bought this just because it was cheap but I'd really wanna get Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers here in the near future.

T9b6djo.jpg

[quote name='dodgeme']Not a whole lot today, just the start of a few TG-16 games rolling in. Bought this just because it was cheap but I'd really wanna get Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers here in the near future.

T9b6djo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Blazing Lazers is awesome. Was looking for a copy on ebay until I found out I already had it.

[quote name='DNukem170']Disney Movie Club Order #1:

20130515_004440-1.jpg

20130515_004519-1.jpg

20130515_004415-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just watched that movie secret world od Arrietty. It's based on the borrowers movie. Unlike that movie I wasn't voting for them to get squished the whole time.

I recorded it when I saw it playing on encore and knew it was studio ghibli. Just can't see paying $20 bucks a pop for them. I use to rent a lot of the other studio ghibli movies from blockbuster with an X gf like 5 years back or so. At the time though I never realized all those animes were under the same director and company etc. Their popularity seems to have come a long way.

A lady I work with that knows I collect video game stuff offered to bring me some of her sons old games, very surprised to find a copy of this and in half way decent shape.

teambuddies.jpg

Went yard saling and to best buy today.
imag05971.jpg

The PS2 and Spyro were $8. Found an AC3 CE Guide so used my GCU Unlocked coupon. GoW: Ascension for 25.
20130517160213.jpg

Find of the day! :bouncy:
$7 for all this and a GBC I forgot to take a pic of. Was getting pretty bummed I didn't find any more video game stuff then bam, hit my last sale and got this gameboy stuff.

[quote name='needler420']I just watched that movie secret world od Arrietty. It's based on the borrowers movie. Unlike that movie I wasn't voting for them to get squished the whole time.

I recorded it when I saw it playing on encore and knew it was studio ghibli. Just can't see paying $20 bucks a pop for them. I use to rent a lot of the other studio ghibli movies from blockbuster with an X gf like 5 years back or so. At the time though I never realized all those animes were under the same director and company etc. Their popularity seems to have come a long way.[/QUOTE]

Arrietty is based on the Borrowers book not the movie. And "all those animes" are not done by the same director.

Hastings had buy 1 get a 2nd for $1 so I got Wreck-It Ralph bd ($12.99) and Looper bd ($12.99).

Thought it was a good deal. Also got a load of plants to put in our yard... Free!

I got the Xbox stuff for $13. Unfortunately there was no video cables or power cable. Keeping SVC Chaos.

$3 controller from Goodwill. Lego Star Wars was $1 from the Xbox yardsale

I am using a pic from a N64 lot I got from a Craigslist posting since I forgot to take both pictures. Anyway I got everything for $12.

Unfortunately the Genesis systems didn't come with any AV or power cable (story of my weekend). I am only keeping Back to the Future part III

I found these in with a bunch of audio cassettes. They had no clue what they were and did not have the Adam computer to go with it. =( I got everything here for $0.70. They are already up on my somewhat annual eBay sale. Check out my other cool stuff!!

And finally. Everything for a $1.

Went to gamestop today. Overheard a guy with his two kids trying to sell two bags of game stuff. Some of it was old and they psps with no chargers so they wouldn't take those. Asks them if I could see what gamestop wouldn't take an ended up getting a psp 1000 and pokemon fire red for $20. There was a newer psp but the screen was all scratched.

Inever seem to find things like this, so I'm happy and I got a good deal. I also have a psp to put custom firmware on now. I just need to get a memory card for it. Where can I get one decently cheap that isn't a fake memory card.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Went to gamestop today. Overheard a guy with his two kids trying to sell two bags of game stuff. Some of it was old and they psps with no chargers so they wouldn't take those. Asks them if I could see what gamestop wouldn't take an ended up getting a psp 1000 and pokemon fire red for $20. There was a newer psp but the screen was all scratched.

Inever seem to find things like this, so I'm happy and I got a good deal. I also have a psp to put custom firmware on now. I just need to get a memory card for it. Where can I get one decently cheap that isn't a fake memory card.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. I have a psp 1000 and psp 3000. Man, u are in for a treat if u know what u are doing. I got sandisk memory pro duo 4gb card if u want it. Throw a offer or fair price + shipping. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back