The Official CAG May 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well college is done and full-time work is back but I am still off on sundays so my weekly flea market trips continue. Can't wait for the upcoming weeks with garage sales back in full force and my open mornings on Fridays. Should be great summer. But anyways onto today's purchases.

Up first I found this center speaker for my surround sound setup. Much smaller and better quality then the one I had before and best of all it frees up a space on my shelve so I can keep another console or two out and looking nice. Best of all it only cost me 5 bucks.
Vr4c5w5.jpg

I also found this DS from the same guy and he also only wanted $5 for it. I kinda figured it wasn't going to work but for the price I took a chance. Surprisingly it does work and the battery holds a good charge, I'll just have to replace the bottom screen, the digitizer still works though so overall not too bad.
Ng5eghx.jpg

Finally gotta go inside the building when I'm there and visited one of the usual game resellers, their prices aren't too bad and I figured I'd pay similarly if I bought it on ebay and the gratification of getting it now is so much better. Picked up Final Fantasy III (DS) for $10, Splatterhouse 3 (Genesis) for $25, and Phalanx (SNES) for $5.
Qa49ksa.jpg

I also received these in the mail. Won an ebay auction for about $10, mainly wanted it just for Galaga 90'. Dragon Spirits is just the box but it will make a nice complete copy once I get my hands on the game.
DkzKO1a.jpg

Can't wait for next week. Nice weather is getting me in the mood for some good deals.

Also yes, I know I need to dust....

[quote name='Squarehard']Beautiful. Now I need those too. :*([/QUOTE]

was gonna get it too but discotek licensed gto and is supposed to be released in september for $50, so i decided to not buy these used and buy the complete series set.

These are the latest pickups. FINALLY got the Fatal Frame games off a fellow member here, and you can never ever have too much anime!

d12ae35e-77fb-4f7f-afd2-28da292e1f3b_zps68d8ff7e.jpg

Traded for Rorona. PS2 games from Aptanor's Lowball. DS2 from Amazon and DW7 from Gamestop (had $5 off coupon)

IMG_1253_zpsd9c021c6.jpg

Got 2 steels from Wal-Mart. Traded for Walking Dead (yeah I know I read it sucks but I wanted to give it a whirl since Redbox around me doesn't have it anymore). Picked up Tekken from Wal-Mart and RE: Revelations from Gamestop. Injustice is the CE but I already put the box in storage (got that for $50 from AWD). Person of Interest was $20 from Wal-Mart as well :)

IMG_1254_zpsdcd0f700.jpg

Traded all my DJ Hero stuff for Mario RPG. Had an itch to play it again and I don't have a Wii currently so when that trade came along I had to jump on it. I really wanted to get Sunset Riders on SNES but gotdamn it is expensive. Opted to pay $25 for a copy on Sega cuz I really wanted to play it again :D

[quote name='gothamcentral79']

Drawn to Life was $3 from amazon warehouse deals and the other three were from a used music store.[/QUOTE]

Nice find on that Ju On Game. :lol:

Been lazy about pictures.

2013-05-13_18-40-45_226_zpsf64f28ba.jpg

Series 10 from ebay. Got really tired of searching for them in stores, only to find out all the rarer figs are gone. It's like half George Washingtons and Tomahawk Guy everywhere.

Already took a picture of Asuna, but I forgot. Claptrap was from TRU with 20% coupon awhile back.

Willow and Red Dwarf X from BBY, Harvest Moon and mallard from groupon, Psych from ebay, Inuyasha and AnoNatsu from GoHastings.

2013-05-21_21-21-41_316_zpsd8907f6f.jpg

These came in the last few days from GoHastings, from the last two 40% sales. Already flipped the covers of all the SAVE editions, save (har har) for Ragnarok, which is sealed.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Arrietty is based on the Borrowers book not the movie. And "all those animes" are not done by the same director.[/QUOTE]

I know they aren't all done by the same director. A few of them are though and it's not like there are dozens of studio ghibli movies. There is like a dozen and probably 2-3 of those are the same director. Of the 3-4 I saw way back when as least two of the were the same director. Which I didn't know till seeing you anime fans on this board.

For the record the movie was just meehh. It wasn't a piece of crap as it is written. It's highly overrated by anime fans though. Not something I would personally spend $20 bucks on for a 90 minute film. That's the amazon 40% off sale price. Other wise it was like $35 bucks which is insane if you ask me. Over hundred bucks for three blu-ray/DVD combos.

2D complication goodness, MMX was $7 off eBay (looks brand new), and MSA was $4 from Goodwill. Also got SMRPG and Maboshi's Arcade from Club Nintendo this month (thanks to Wii Fit codes).

8816840708_4e8fcf023e_z.jpg

Used TRU's B1G1 40% off to get these:

20130524_193030-1.jpg

DKC is the first physical game I have gotten in a long time to not have an instruction manual.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']you must live in the last place on earth that still has sealed gamecube games. I mean, how in the world:drool::bomb::drool:[/QUOTE]

My theory is that maybe there's a vintage store that's been robbed as of late, and the person who stole all the sealed games have been pawning them off slowly. Either that or I've found a parallel universe all focused in this one specific area where games only comes sealed. :p

I don't really find other stuff that's sealed though interestingly enough, just these rare titles every so often. Usually the place is filled with junk sports games. @_@

[quote name='Rollobobo']How much was that sealed Pikmin 2?[/QUOTE]

It was $10, not as low as the other games I've found.

I still haven't quite figured out how this store does their pricing though. :p

[quote name='wasabi5858']picked this up today. It looks better than I expected. Very sleek![/QUOTE]

Your photos are nicer than mine, but I also got one delivered this week. So excited about it.

smtiv3ds_zps2ee3f96a.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']picked this up today. It looks better than I expected. Very sleek!

IMAG0373.jpg

SMTIV_LE2.jpg

SMTIV_LE1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sonofafuckingbitch! That's beautiful and makes me want to spend way more monies than I should :(

Boring week for pickups for me. Only got these 3 in from the internet. Fantasy Zone came from ebay for about $12 and the two SNES games came from Ash Burton's lowball. Went up to the Flea Market and just couldn't find anything worth spending money on.

PAr2L2C.jpg

Got some fun stuff in today.

XN6IvSk.jpg

Sleeping Dogs and Dark Souls are from a trade with a CAG on here. Blazing Lazers is fresh from ebay and I picked up Final Fantasy III at the local game store. Traded in all my loose Saturn games and picked this up in return. If I get back into the Saturn I decided I'm going Japanese and importing the good games. Not enough good cheap American releases that interest me.

Well it seems my only physical pickup this month was $1 for Samba De Amigo for Wii. Had been interested in it for a while, and finally found a complete copy on a random gamestop trip. Didn't feel the needs for a pic, sorry. Most of my stuff has been digital lately, though I've been cutting back a lot as a whole to try and work on my backlog.

More ANime pickups, can never have enough!

Got Witch Hunter Robin and Gankutsuo off of Gametz, and Escaflowne and Outlaw Star off of Gohastings.

May return Outlaw Star though as it reeks badly of smoke. Anybody know a sufficient way to get rid of the smell?

$5 a game at a consignment shop.

The cases are empty, besides the manuals, and free.

The rest of this stuff was from a video game convention.

$17 for everything here. I am really glad that I saw the loose copy of Parappa the Rapper hidden in a box behind their table. I have been looking for this game for a while. The tray thing is pretty cool too.

My favorite score of the show. I got this for $15 after trading a copy of Mario Party 2, Paper Mario, and Dead Space 2.

Picked this up because this is the first time I have seen this game in the wild with the 3D glasses. $5

$15 for all three guides.

$1 each. Pokemon Emerald freezes when it tries to save. I thought it needed a new battery but it might be a bootleg. The board says Nintendo but the label isn't shiny like I think it needs to be.

$4 for these five e-reader games. They talked themselves down. Those are the best kind of negotiations.

Salamander Portable $20, Cho Aniki Zero $20, Sengoku Ace Ep III $15, Star Soldier $15

$20 CIB. This is my girlfriends favorite Tales game.

Over the last day or two I picked up, all local:

Alien vs Predator (Jaguar): $21.99
King's Quest (Sega Master System): $8.00 (rough shape)
Alone in the Dark 2 (3DO): $5.99 (disc only)

Sonic and Knuckles CIB (Genesis): $8.99

Mario Superstar Tennis (GC): $4.99
Dragon Quest Swords (Wii): $4.99

Gitaroo Man Lives (PSP): $2.69
Ys the Oath in Felghana (PSP): $11.69
Crimson Gem Saga (PSP): $9.35

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoxhgm.jpg

It was only 50 cents, so why not.[/QUOTE]

Great game!!! Definitely worth the quarters ;)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
4idggj.jpg

Disney Movie Club + Castle in the Sky from Amazon. I feel like I desperately need a slipcover for that Ponyo though.[/QUOTE]

How much was it for everything if you don't mind me asking?

I really don't know much about the movie club but i've meaning to sign up for it just so I can get my hands on all those blu's of the Studio Ghibli films plus I love disney films.

[quote name='diazt350']How much was it for everything if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

If you have a Disney Movie Rewards account or get a promo code, you get 5 DVDs/Blu-rays for $1 each (4 if you do not have an account or promo code) with a 6th title for $10 and 7th for $15. You will need to buy another 3/4 titles at full price on the DMC website (either standard full price or feature titles, right now being Lilo & Stitch and Emperor's New Groove for $30 combined) until you get 10 total titles bought within 1 year.

^That's the long and short of it. Read this for an impressively detailed explanation of the finer points.

Also note that while Castle in the Sky isn't available as one of the sign-up titles, you can buy it later.

I was just planning on getting the Ghibli films but I think I may end up going for all the Pixar stuff too.

Can't. Stop. Buying. Super Nintendos.

60 bucks

null_zps56afb68a.jpg

And the real treasure today, that I had no intention of buying.

null_zps7278ea13.jpg

100 bucks and it's seriously cherry!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I was just planning on getting the Ghibli films but I think I may end up going for all the Pixar stuff too.[/QUOTE]
Note that a lot of Pixar titles are on sale right now.

Just one today but I would say a pretty good one at that. Imported The Firemen for the Super Famicom for $24.99. Very fun game for the little bit I've played so far and best of all I'd say half of it is already in English. Only thing you really lose out on is a bit of the in-game dialogue. Well worth an import and its a shame it wasn't released in the states.

D3rf3s2.jpg

I'm getting a repro of that sucker in the next couple of weeks ;) Been hearing too many good things for far too long not to.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm getting a repro of that sucker in the next couple of weeks ;) Been hearing too many good things for far too long not to.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. Let us know how you like it.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm getting a repro of that sucker in the next couple of weeks ;) Been hearing too many good things for far too long not to.[/QUOTE]

I was considering it but I think I'm gonna take advantage of that guy on nintendoage to get a copy of Terranigma for $25 as I've got a spare copy of NHL 96 lying around. I may end up importing the megamans, don't really wanna spend 120 for 7 and similar for x3.

I'm trying to figure out how that guy on NA is making any money doing that ??? Hell, even though I can just have my own made, I'm still considering sending him a box of carts for myself. I've got like 50+ donor carts sitting here. That price is so close to what it costs me :/

Also, just traded the Final Fight 3 box/manual for a copy of Demon's Crest. Woot! Two pricey games finally coming off my SNES list!

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm trying to figure out how that guy on NA is making any money doing that ??? Hell, even though I can just have my own made, I'm still considering sending him a box of carts for myself. I've got like 50+ donor carts sitting here. That price is so close to what it costs me :/

Also, just traded the Final Fight 3 box/manual for a copy of Demon's Crest. Woot! Two pricey games finally coming off my SNES list![/QUOTE]

Lucky! I've been trying to get a copy of Demon's Crest for a while. I did get a copy of Sunset Riders though today for SNES. I got a off my SNES list too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back