The Official CAG May 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's pick ups
pGZldDT.jpg

the last of us comic cyclops keychain and saints row 3 for me
Side effects and 2 broke girls for the misses
I actually got saints row at 19.99 went to target and priced match their website

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm trying to figure out how that guy on NA is making any money doing that ??? Hell, even though I can just have my own made, I'm still considering sending him a box of carts for myself. I've got like 50+ donor carts sitting here. That price is so close to what it costs me :/

Also, just traded the Final Fight 3 box/manual for a copy of Demon's Crest. Woot! Two pricey games finally coming off my SNES list![/QUOTE]

Nice on the Demon's Crest and figured I may as well take advantage of his price while hes offering it. Not really feeling like getting the tools to make them myself but I suppose I could if I was ambitious. Nevertheless seeing you guys post your SNES stuff all the time has been slowly eating away at me and I've started to purchase more games for the system again. Really wish I kept my Chrono Trigger back when I had it, thats gonna be a pain to replace.

Here are a few finds over the last two days:
I traded an NES for this stuff:
79E3F7E0-EAAC-67D6-FC41253EACBE30F0.png

Then I traded that Secret of Evermore, a CIB Breath of Fire (SNES) and a CIB RE Zero (GC) for (i made the case, it wasn't included):
79E63026-CC11-E464-DF379A961EEBE2AF.png

I bought a Dreamcast and a handful of games for $35, then traded it (and RE4 for gamecube w/o the manual) for gemfire and DW IV.
45641C15-A46D-C414-8538641B5B609C68.png

Picked this all up for $60:
79DECBAF-DF36-85D2-466BF088ADF4C47B.png

oh yeah, and this was included:
79E195CA-E083-A40E-56C39B4059F532CF.png

Finally, I got all this N64 stuff for $40:
82EBA7F8-B31F-8BA4-19B1785E8A8133F2.png

82EE3AC5-93FE-8263-D25B31B8C72BC8A4.png

For the Gamestop haters, there can be good things found. For instance, I went to one of my local ones and someone dumped their collection. So I bought all with credit:
dothack.jpg

All are complete with cover, manual, and dvds. Probably one of my best GS finds.

I don't hate gamestop, but that's not advocating for them in anyway. They could have dumped those off at any used game or pawn shop. Not like gamestop did anything special for'em.

Nonetheless, great score.

Dodgeme, the SNES has become such a chore to collect for. Harder and harder to find those killer deals and online prices are out of control. But, it's my fav console, so I press on. I just thank goodness that I already have a lot of the games that have become rather pricey.

Uiengineer, good pickups! You could make your money back in no time flat if you wanted to, or just add some sweet stuff to your collection knowing you got some killer deals :D

[quote name='wiggyx']Dodgeme, the SNES has become such a chore to collect for. Harder and harder to find those killer deals and online prices are out of control. But, it's my fav console, so I press on. I just thank goodness that I already have a lot of the games that have become rather pricey.

Uiengineer, good pickups! You could make your money back in no time flat if you wanted to, or just add some sweet stuff to your collection knowing you got some killer deals :D[/QUOTE]

Well I don't really have any genesis games left that I have to own. Got most of what I wanted so onto the other 16 bit systems. Trying to juggle a mix of SNES and tg-16 is not cheap, just spent 36.99 on a copy of Super Star Soldier complete.

[quote name='dodgeme']Well I don't really have any genesis games left that I have to own. Got most of what I wanted so onto the other 16 bit systems. Trying to juggle a mix of SNES and tg-16 is not cheap, just spent 36.99 on a copy of Super Star Soldier complete.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I've still got tons of Genesis games to pick up, and luckily they aren't terribly expensive yet (for the most part).

[quote name='lmz00']Reading this thread makes me miss actively participating. Damn laziness.

This bad boy came in yesterday:
2qsqcli.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Never been a country fan. I woulda opted for the Hip-Hop or maybe Classic R&B kit :p

If you don't like depressing stuff, stay far away from Titan.

Been a while since I posted. So, of course, I got a bunch of crap at once.

From BestBuy.com:

20130531_180231-1.jpg

From eBay:

20130531_170041-1.jpg

FINALLY! Paid more than I wanted, but at least it's mine.

20130531_170121-1.jpg

20130531_170151-1.jpg

20130531_170242-1.jpg

Got in an anime lot for $70.

From MovieStop:

20130531_180201-1.jpg

Digimon was only $22.

20130531_182539-1.jpg

Yes, somebody actually turned in just the Blu-rays to Heaven's Lost Property.

From Walmart:

20130531_180126-1.jpg

Batman Beyond is now in the $7.88 bin.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Is AOT manga good? Not read or seen anime but people seem to love it[/QUOTE]

yes the anime is paced better than the manga and its an amazing series.

[quote name='DNukem170']

From eBay:

20130531_170041-1.jpg

FINALLY! Paid more than I wanted, but at least it's mine.

20130531_170121-1.jpg

20130531_170151-1.jpg

20130531_170242-1.jpg

Got in an anime lot for $70.

[/QUOTE]

way to go on the dual anime still one of my favorite mecha series ever and that saying a lot considering I generally hate mecha

picked up

P5310001_zpsbbea470e.jpg

Play N Trade
DMC guide - $4
Assassin's Creed (ds) $10

Community Aid (Thrift Shop)
:gc: Fire Emblem $3.99 (no manual)
:gc: MegaMan collection $2.99
:ps2: Shing Tears $2.99
:ps2: Kingdom Heats II $2.99

all games complete unless otherwise noted

also Picked up several classical records (Beethoven and Mozart from Goodwill for $0.47 ea

edit: just grabbed a Fire emblem manual for $9 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a pretty slow month since money's been really tight. I was able to pick this up for $20 a few days ago.

Popped it into my wife's 360 and works great!
Also got Metroid: Other M from GameStop for $3.59.

Got this in the mail today. I'm kind of surprised its not all that popular from what I can see, the game itself is a pretty awesome port of Thunder Force III to the SNES, its got awesome music and is quite the fast paced SHMUP. Definitely would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an SNES shmup.

2ZKZh8w.jpg

It's a little rough but only cost me $10, the cart itself looks brand new minus the rental stickers that leave the void behind, the actualy cart pins look like its never been played.

[quote name='wiggyx']I hear ya. I've still got tons of Genesis games to pick up, and luckily they aren't terribly expensive yet (for the most part). [/quote]

Best of luck to you on a few of them. MUSHA, Grindstormer and Crusader of Centy will run you a pretty penny. Still gotta get my hands on the last of the three and I'm thankful I found Grindstormer at the Flea Market for $2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff from Memorial Week shenanigans
imag06921.jpg

Tomb Raider and Dead Island for 40 from MS store. DS3 and JD4 from Target. Also found The History of Us: Mankind Blu at Target. 6.26 as-is, pretty happy with that as I wanted to see it on History Channel but missed it. DKC:R 3D from Newegg for 28 and Fire Emblem for 30. The WWE game was 2 bucks at a yard sale and was still sealed. Pretty nice week and should keep me busy along with the backlog. Now if only DmC and MG:R would drop to sub 20. All the SNES pickups and Donkey Kong are making me wanna plug mine back in. Kinda done playing with my N64 for now.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoruq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Didn't get a good look earlier, but nice pickup on Himiko. A pretty underrated series. Got a bundle from RightStuf a few years ago.

I kinda shudder to think how that series would have been made today. They would have had to make another 12 episodes just to fit all the fanservice and sexual innuendo in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back