The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Dhuk']Is there ever a time on craigslist where a deal seems to good to be true? How can you tell if they are a scam?

I was thinking about getting a 360 for $300 flat.[/quote]

Since you are actually meeting up with people to do the transaction I usually take a listing at face value. That said I would hook up that 360 before buying

Also if they ask you to meet in the mcdonalds parking lot at midnight then I might be a little worried as well.

[quote name='Dhuk']Is there ever a time on craigslist where a deal seems to good to be true? How can you tell if they are a scam?

I was thinking about getting a 360 for $300 flat.[/QUOTE]

There are lots of fake deals for the PS3 priced at $300.

Just picked up Gitaroo Man and Hot shots golf fore for $12 total.

Just picked up:

FF8 disc 1 and 2 only
Night Trap (both discs only)
Hook (disc only)
Rock Paintings Music Sampler
Bionic Commando
WCW vs NWO complete
Star Wars Arcade 32x (complete)
$15

Geh...I thought it was two FF7 discs, then I got hoe and realized they were 8 =/

This one is actually worth bragging about; they were asking $100, I CIF'ed $20, got away with $30.

NES with A/V cables and RadioShack power supply
Bases Loaded II
Bases Loaded 3
Bionic Commando
Blades of Steel
Bionic Commando
Conflict
Contra
Double Dribble
Dragon Warrior
Ducktales
Fester's Quest
Football
Guardian Legend
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda
Little League Baseball
Low G Man
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Maniac Mansion
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Metal Gear
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!!
Milon's Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
R.C. Pro-Am
River City Ransom
Shadowgate
Silent Service
Solar Jetman
Star Voyager
Strider
Spy vs Spy
Super Mario Bros.
Tetris
Track & Field II
World Wrestling (Tecmo)
WrestleMania Challenge

Also, MIB The Series for GBC was at the bottom of the box. 39 games total and the console for barely over $0.75 apiece.

hey, when you guys are reading Craigslist, go ahead and buy a cheap digital camera while you're at it, so we can see what you've scored. to be completely honest, the text lists are a bit... bland.

Can't stand it, I have to do a little bragging of my own:

Found the following full standing arcade games -- Space Gun, Quartet, and Operation WOLF.. All on the dirt cheap. The only thing they needed were new fuses!

:D

[quote name='tymcg']what do you guys think of this one? http://vancouver.craigslist.org/tag/429993467.html
said $200 but he told me $150 is cool...still can't decide if im gonna though[/QUOTE]

How about look at it like this...

Sell these games on ebay:

Final Fantasy VII - 50.00
Super Mario All Stars - 20.00
Vagrant Story - 20.00
Grandia 2 - 20.00
House Of The Dead 2 - 15.00
Metal Gear Solid - 15.00
Road Rash 64 - 10.00

There's your 150.00.

You'd be stupid not to buy this, even if you don't resell some to recoup the cost.

[quote name='Cmosfm']How about look at it like this...

Sell these games on ebay:

Final Fantasy VII - 50.00
Super Mario All Stars - 20.00
Vagrant Story - 20.00
Grandia 2 - 20.00
House Of The Dead 2 - 15.00
Metal Gear Solid - 15.00
Road Rash 64 - 10.00

There's your 150.00.

You'd be stupid not to buy this, even if you don't resell some to recoup the cost.[/quote]

LOL I did VS for $25 shipped a while ago to another CAG, so I guess I got ripped off, huh? Either way though, I made $$$ over what I paid for it($10), so I'm happy. I think I did it via PM, not 100% sure though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I did VS for $25 shipped a while ago to another CAG, so I guess I got ripped off, huh? Either way though, I made $$$ over what I paid for it($10), so I'm happy. I think I did it via PM, not 100% sure though.[/QUOTE]

20.00 was the "before shipping" price on ebay, so 25.00 shipped is fine.

A few days ago I picked up a boxed ROB and Gyromite for $30. Didn't have the manual for ROB, but it still works (though the gears need to fixed so the arms move up and down again).

I was quite pleased with my find and I can't wait to pick up Gyromite (it didn't include the game) and start playing even though I know ROB is a gimmick. ;p

[quote name='tymcg']what do you guys think of this one? http://vancouver.craigslist.org/tag/429993467.html
said $200 but he told me $150 is cool...still can't decide if im gonna though[/quote]Damnit he's saying that since other people want some more of the games that he's going to split the package up...but I can still have the leftovers for the same price:drool:

[quote name='tymcg']Damnit he's saying that since other people want some more of the games that he's going to split the package up...but I can still have the leftovers for the same price:drool:[/QUOTE]

fuck him, don't buy it out of pure spite. Besides that, you know that the games other people want are the expensive ones.

[quote name='tymcg']Damnit he's saying that since other people want some more of the games that he's going to split the package up...but I can still have the leftovers for the same price:drool:[/quote]

LoL - maybe you should have jumped on it when you had the chance.

Although maybe not - the guy sounds kind of dishonest.

So I went and picked up the games afterall. I went to the mans house and looked through everything and exchanged money, only to find out later that the big find for me wasn't there! FF7 was nowhere to be found and when asked about this, the man only told me "well everything I have is there, but I did throw in some extra xbox games". Seeing as though it was my choice to be a dumbass and not look for it first, I had to take the loss and leave. To be perfectly honest though I'd say it was still worth it because I got: (cartridge games are cart only unless otherwise specified, CDs complete unless stated otherwise)
Accesories
Sega Game Gear x2
NES light gun x3
1st part dreamcast controller x2
3rd party dreamcast controller x2
Dreamcast VMU x3
saturn steering wheel x2
dreamcast mic accessory
Atari
Yars' Revenge x2
Football
Taz (2600)
Defender x2
Defender 2 (2600)
Surround
Joust (2600) x2
Baseball (2600)
Missile Command x3
Asteroids x4
Dolphin (2600)
Pac Man x2
Indy 500
Donkey Kong Jr. (2600)
Warlords x2
Superman
Sapce Invaders
Space Invaders (2600)
Combat x2
Ms. Pac Man (2600)
Adventure
Blackjack
Time Warp
Q Bert (2600)
Star Raiders
Robot Tank (2600)
Berserk
Laser Blast
Seaquest
Canyon Bomber
Decathlon (2600)
Air-Sea Battle
Chopper Command
Street Racer
Moon Patrol (2600)
Golf
Dig Dug (2600)
Basketball
Pitfall
E.T (2600)
Slot Racers
Space Attack
Astroblast
Dragonfire
Atlantis
Coleco
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Carnival x2
Pitfall
Beauty and the Beast
Sub Hunt
Las Vegas Roulette
Armor Battle
B-17 Bomber
Dungeons and Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin
Snafu x2
Reversi
Auto Racing
Astrosmash
Horse Racing x2
Space Hawk
Sea Battle x2
Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack
Word Fun
Tennis
Major League Baseball
Nightstalker
Space Armada
Tron Deadly Discs
Nasl Soccer
Boxing
NFL Football
Space Battle
NHL Hockey
Football
Burgertime
NBA Basketball
NES
Rad Racer
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Double Dragon 2
Silent Service
Ice Hockey
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
Sega Master System
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Shanghai (in box)
Teddy Boy (sega card?/in box)
Great Golf (in box)
Alien Syndrome (in box)
Sega Genesis
Sonic 1 (in box)
Mortal Kombat 2 x2 (1 cart only/1 in box)
NHL '94
NHL Hockey 93
Tecmo World Cup
Sonic 3
PS1
Metal Gear Solid (GH)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 (Disk only)
Fear Effect 2
Vagrant Story
Alien Trilogy (GH)
Martian Gothic Unification
Legend of Dragoon (GH)
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Dreamcast
Nightmare Creatures 2
Toy Commander
Rainbow Six
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Illbleed
The Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai
South Park Chef's Luv Shack
Bleemcast for Metal Gear Solid (plays MGS on the dreamcast)
DOA2
Unreal Tournament
Deep Fighter
Zombie Revenge
Mortal Kombat Gold
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
Phantasy Star Online
Crazy Taxi
Seaman x2
Eighteen Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
Web Browser
WWF Attitude
NFL 2K1
Red Dog
Timestalkers
Quake 3 Arena
Shenmue
Floigan Bros ep.1
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Death Crimson OX
Maken X
Grandia 2
Aerowings
NBA 2K2
NHL 2K2
Dynamite Cop
Daytona USA
TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
Expendable
Kiss Psycho Circus
Virtua Athlete 2000
House of the Dead 2 (Sega All-Stars)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Sonic Adventure (Disk only)
Sega Rally 2 (Disk only)
Hidden and Dangerous (Disk only)
Soul Fighter (Disk only)
Sega Saturn
Virtua Cop
Sega Rally
Baku Baku
Rayman
Clockwork Knight
Clockwork Knight 2 (Disk only)
Cyberia
Shanghai: Triple Threat
Solar Eclipse
Worldwide Soccer
NHL All-Star Hockey (Disk only)
XBox
Star Trek Shattered Universe
Sniper Elite
Snowblind
Heroes of the Pacific
Gun
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
GTA San Andreas
Doom 3
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil
Ghost Recon Island Thunder
Men of Valor
World Chanmpionship Poker
Commandos Strike Force
as well as Super mario world, a game gear baseball game, Bonk for the GB, Vietcong for the PS2, Road Rash 64 and Aidyn Chronicles for N64. Pics to follow when time permits

TBH, I don't have time to take pics ATM.

I just had two CraigsList people not be home at times they asked me to come over. I was supposed to hit up four deals at once, and half of them just dicked out...and they're all 30 min. away.

I did manage to make two other ones, though. Dreamcast day!

Sonic Adventure
Space Channel Five
Web Browser 2.0
NFL 2K1
All sealed; $5 total.

Sega Dreamcast
2 controllers, VMU, hookups
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Toy Commander
NBA 2K1
F355 Challenge Passione Rossa
World Series Baseball 2K1
Monaco Grand Prix
NFL 2K

All complete and minty; except for NFL 2K, which was disc-only. $30.

Hey guys could you tell me if this list is worth $50 or i should just pass...
1.ILLUSION OF GAIA
2.THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - A LINK TO THE PAST
3.DUNGEON MASTER
4.ULTIMA THE FALSE PROPHET
5.THE LORD OF THE RINGS VOL.1
7.STARFOX
8.YOSHI'S COOKIE
9.SUPER TENNIS
10.THUNDER SPIRITS

[quote name='tymcg']Hey guys could you tell me if this list is worth $50 or i should just pass...
1.ILLUSION OF GAIA
2.THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - A LINK TO THE PAST
3.DUNGEON MASTER
4.ULTIMA THE FALSE PROPHET
5.THE LORD OF THE RINGS VOL.1
7.STARFOX
8.YOSHI'S COOKIE
9.SUPER TENNIS
10.THUNDER SPIRITS[/QUOTE]

Pass, almost all those games are worth only a few bucks each, even Gaia and Zelda aren't worth much at all. If you can get them for 30 and really want them then I'd say go for it.

Original NES in Original Box, instructions, MINT Controllers (not even a scratch) and apparently talking to the guy, he played it maybe 10 times back in 1985....then boxed it up and it sat every since. I got it for $5.00

It replaced my over abused NES that I gave to my cousin....

Today:

Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye 007
Super Smash Brothers (x2)
Mario Party 2
Dr. Mario 64
Mario Party

Total: $30

More than I usually spend per game, but considering they're all mostly $20+ games...

Today's pickup:

100907174500bz3.jpg

Mario Party 6 w/ Mic
GameCube Memory Card 251
Sony DualShock 2
Nyko 8MB PS2 Memory Card
Mario Kart 64
Banjo-Tooie
Turok 2
StarFox 64
Mario Party 2

Seems like a good day for getting Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2 in a $30 bundle. :p

The seller of all this had some pretty strange prices... Wanted $90 for just a PS2, but $0.50 for the memory card, was offering GTA games for a few bucks more than GameStop's prices but only wanted $10 for MP6... Who knows.

[quote name='theGrue']Today's pickup:

100907174500bz3.jpg

Mario Party 6 w/ Mic
GameCube Memory Card 251
Sony DualShock 2
Nyko 8MB PS2 Memory Card
Mario Kart 64
Banjo-Tooie
Turok 2
StarFox 64
Mario Party 2

Seems like a good day for getting Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2 in a $30 bundle. :p

The seller of all this had some pretty strange prices... Wanted $90 for just a PS2, but $0.50 for the memory card, was offering GTA games for a few bucks more than GameStop's prices but only wanted $10 for MP6... Who knows.[/quote]

I think you may have beaten me.

Hey guys, are these good deals?:

Sega Genesis Bat controller, NIB $5
26 Atari 2600 games - $5
Master system, two controllers - $10

Picked up an N64 (w/expansion pak), 4 controllers (2 grey, one red and one green), a rumble pak, as well as 13 games (Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, MarioKart 64, Super Mario 64, Killer Instinct Gold, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros, Starfox 64, Pokemon Stadium, WCW vs. NWO: World Tour, and Conkers Bad Fur Day) for $50

pics to follow soon

[quote name='LarryGe']
Sega Genesis Bat controller, NIB $5
26 Atari 2600 games - $5
Master system, two controllers - $10
[/quote]
Genesis Bat controller: If you've specifically been looking for this, then sure. I guess it's pretty obscure, but the only one on eBay lately went unsold for $10, so it's not exactly a collector's item.

Atari 2600 games: If you're an Atari fan, that sounds pretty reasonable.

Master System: I really don't see these around often, so $10 would seem like an okay price if I wanted one. I probably wouldn't take it if it didn't have power and video cords, though.

theres a logitech g7 gaming mouse in craigslist for 40 dollars sealed, with the upc cut out. he's listed it twice now. he says he doesnt like to bargain in the listing. think he'll bite if i counteroffer him since he hasnt been able to sell?

First real Craigslist transaction today. Picked up a Gamecube and 4 wavebird wireless controllers for $60. Not bad in my opinion because the wavebirds are going for $30 on ebay.

Let me breathe a little life into this:

Today:
Super Nintendo (super yellowed, but all hookups)
Mario World
Mario All-Stars
X-Zone or something
WWF

$15

And this is something for you to mull over as far as how good of a deal I got. Asking $90, I picked it up for $75, making it the most I have ever spent on a game, but considering the going price, a bargain:

Suikoden II complete and in great shape, with equally-nice guide
$75

when buying stuff at craigslist, where do u meet? and if u meet at a strangers house to test the product, how do u make sure that u are gonna get robbed or something.? sorry if this question doesnt belong here, i dont know where else to ask it.

[quote name='scion of ys']when buying stuff at craigslist, where do u meet? and if u meet at a strangers house to test the product, how do u make sure that u are gonna get robbed or something.? sorry if this question doesnt belong here, i dont know where else to ask it.[/quote]

Its ususally a neutral location, shopping center gas station, some where public with people to witness.

[quote name='scion of ys']when buying stuff at craigslist, where do u meet? and if u meet at a strangers house to test the product, how do u make sure that u are gonna get robbed or something.? sorry if this question doesnt belong here, i dont know where else to ask it.[/quote]

Be well-versed and aware of your surroundings and carry a knife. Have a friend accompany you to meet at a neutral location for large transactions.

Last week I picked up a Playstation 1 package for $20.

The gem of the package was an original black label Final Fantasy VII. The discs are in really good shape, but unfortunately there wasn't a manual :(

I bought a pretty nice Super Nintendo package off of Craigslist on Thanksgiving day. It included:

Super Nintendo console & cables (no yellowing)
2 official controllers

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Star Wars
Pocky & Rocky 2
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
Ms. Pac-Man
Jurassic Park
NBA Jam

All for $20.

Can anyone tell me if I should jump on this for $50? It does look pretty good, and no I don't know if the FFVII is black or green label. I'm considering it just for that game, but I'm not sure the rest of the package is worth it.

I have the following games for ps2
Gods of War greatist hits
Final Fantasy XI treasures of aht urhagan online
Final Fantasy XI chains of promathia online expansion pack
Final Fantasy XII Collectors edition with dvd
And for ps1...
Collectors Final Fantast Anthology
.Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantassy IX
Chrono Cross greatist hits

Motherload:

Atari
1-2 consoles, many controllers
150-200 games

NES:
3 Consoles
300+ games, 20 complete
game genie

SNES:
console
30+ games
6+ Super Famicom Games w/ Adapter
game genie
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest Sealed

Neo-Geo arcade:
6 cartridges

Sega Genesis:
1x Model 1
2x Model 2
2x Sega CD
30x+ Genesis games
12x+ Sega CD games

Sega Saturn:
Panzer Dragoon II (case and manual only) =(

PS1:
Um Jammer Lammy complete
Street Fighter III complete
2-4x other games

Sega Dreamcast:
system x2
2-5x games

Nintendo GameCube
System
2x memory cards

TurboGrafx 16
system
a couple of games

Atari Lynx
system CIB
5x games

Panasonic 3DO
system
2-5x games

All for $500. When I actually get the details in order (I have boxes and boxes of stuff in the car, it took about half an hour just to load it all up), I'm making my own thread for it.

I'm also currently taking offers on the Atari stuff and sealed Mystic Quest (going for about $200 on Amazon, I'd let it go for $150 shipped from a CAG).

Good job I guess but $500 seems like way too much to be spending on that sort of stuff. There was a similar lot near me that went from $1000 to "Trade for XBox 360 OBO" within a month because no one was buying.

[quote name='whitedeath']here is a great deal for yall

http://scranton.craigslist.org/tag/487186693.html

what a tool[/quote]

Hey man, quit dissing my CL posts. I know some sucker will buy it at that much over retail, because people are suckers. M I RITE?

LOL j/k It's not my post, though I think I've had quite a few on the Scranton CL on and off. Sometimes there are deals to be found, not often but there are.

Contemplating this deal, as I know 360's aren't the best consoles to buy used to put it nicely:

This guy sent in a RR'd 360 to microsoft, but couldn't wait, so he bought another one. Now he got his old one back (Premium, comes with a HD), and is selling it for $230 bucks. Should I bite?

[quote name='edavis0780']Can anyone tell me if I should jump on this for $50? It does look pretty good, and no I don't know if the FFVII is black or green label. I'm considering it just for that game, but I'm not sure the rest of the package is worth it.

I have the following games for ps2
Gods of War greatist hits
Final Fantasy XI treasures of aht urhagan online
Final Fantasy XI chains of promathia online expansion pack
Final Fantasy XII Collectors edition with dvd
And for ps1...
Collectors Final Fantast Anthology
.Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantassy IX
Chrono Cross greatist hits[/QUOTE]

I saw that CL ad too. But with the backlog that I have, there was no way I coud play anymore RPGs.

I bought a $3k mac powerbook for $1,100 for my last birthday.
Found a NIB portable massage table that was $70 or something like that.
Easy sex with semi-unattractive women.
A place to live.

I found my car on Craigslist. I got it for about $1500 under kbb value. I had been looking for a 2002 Grand Prix White s2000 with low mileage for about a year and found this one with under 28,000 miles. It came with the OEM front lip, rear spoiler, and side strakes which would cost nearly an additional $1500.

Here is a pic:

DSC00406.jpg

oh christ! How could I forget my motorbike? 2005 Yamaha Roadstar 1700cc with a crap-ton of intake/exhaust mods for less than $10k. The thing is louder and faster than anything else in town and it looks like this sweet and innocent bike.

[quote name='davo1224']Good job I guess but $500 seems like way too much to be spending on that sort of stuff. There was a similar lot near me that went from $1000 to "Trade for XBox 360 OBO" within a month because no one was buying.[/quote]

Aren't you the one who was bragging about doing a whole lot of legwork over six months just to get a GameCube and a bunch of crappy games? :lol:

I paid about $0.75 for game, and that doesn't even take the 12+ consoles into account. A sealed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest averages at about $175-200, and Neo Geo carts (there were six of them) range in price from $25-60 apiece.

If I flip these seven pieces alone, on the lower end, thats $300, putting my net expenditure down to $200...and being conservative, the three NESes, three Genesises, Super NES, and two Dreamcasts could easily cover it.

Leaving me with 300 NES games, 50 Sega Games, 30 SNES games, 20 Sega CD games, a huge box of Atari stuff with about 200 games, Super Scope, 3DO, TurboGrafx16, Atari Lynx, Magnavox Oddysee, and all the other odds and ends I picked up well in the clear.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Leaving me with 300 NES games, 50 Sega Games, 30 SNES games, 20 Sega CD games, a huge box of Atari stuff with about 200 games, Super Scope, 3DO, TurboGrafx16, Atari Lynx, Magnavox Oddysee, and all the other odds and ends I picked up well in the clear.[/quote]

Let me be the first to offer you 0.75 a piece for your 20 SegaCD games, totalling $15 plus $5 to ship. $20 altogether, for those who can't do math. :lol:

bread's done
Back