The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='rtooby']
Shadowrun
[/QUOTE]

i used to be addicted to this game (among others) when i was a kid. Shadowrun, Crusader of Centy, and Shining Force II ate up a ton of my time back then.

nice pickup for $10, anyway. good job.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Did anyone else notice they added a "video gaming" category to CL? It's going to be nice not having to dig through all the overpriced kids' junk in the toys & games category...or the BROKEN PHONES WANTED in electronics.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to have it and long overdue, but we're still going to have to sort through the electronics and toys/games section for all the miscategorized listings.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']This and Sol-Feace are the only reasons I want a SegaCD. Good find![/QUOTE]

i find Silpheed's perspective to be sort of awkward, but Sol Feace (and its "twin", Sol Deace on the Genesis) are great shooters. two other shooters on the Sega CD that are absolutely not to be missed are Robo Aleste and, one of my personal favorites, Android Assault. AA doesn't make a lot of people's lists, but i think it's fun, not impossibly difficult, and well-paced. the ship/robot gimmick is kinda cool, too.

[quote name='allyourblood']i find Silpheed's perspective to be sort of awkward, but Sol Feace (and its "twin", Sol Deace on the Genesis) are great shooters. two other shooters on the Sega CD that are absolutely not to be missed are Robo Aleste and, one of my personal favorites, Android Assault. AA doesn't make a lot of people's lists, but i think it's fun, not impossibly difficult, and well-paced. the ship/robot gimmick is kinda cool, too.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'll check these out when I finally get a SegaCD. I've not played Sol Deace, but I sure want to. Are there any other Genesis shooters I should check out? I've been playing Truxton and want to get some more for the system.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Awesome, I'll check these out when I finally get a SegaCD. I've not played Sol Deace, but I sure want to. Are there any other Genesis shooters I should check out? I've been playing Truxton and want to get some more for the system.[/QUOTE]

plenty more! Lightening Force is great, but tough as nails. if you can track down/afford M.U.S.H.A., you'll find about the same thing; a rewarding but extremely challenging game. the Thunderforce series is great as well. Phelios is kinda cheesy, but a nice change of pace from the typical "space ship saving the galaxy" fare; Kolibri for the 32X also lands in this category. for some sick reason, i used to really like Whip Rush when i was a kid, but playing it several years later, i don't know what i saw in it, though it is a shooter (or shoot-em-up if you prefer), and it's not terribly difficult.

there are more good ones, but that's all i can think of at the moment.

Haha, I was just reading an article about Kolibri, and it piqued my interest. I think someone at the flea market might have it, I'll check on Friday. I'm also gonna get M.U.S.H.A. via Virtual Console.

Just went today to pick up a crimson/black ds lite, brand new fully sealed- $70. And it was about 5 miles from my house. Now to get my acekard...

Maybe not the best deal I've gotten but I figure I paid about 1/3 the value

paid $40 for:

Gameboy Advance SP (great shape, though no charger)

GBA Games:
Pokemon Sapphire Version
Spider-man
Star Wars The New Droid Army
Yu-Gi-Oh The Eternal Duelist Soul
Dragonball Z Collectible Card Game
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

GB/GBC Games
Legend of Zelda Links Awakening
Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Pokemon Crystel
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Gold
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Batman Beyond
Tomb Raider
Baseball

Oh just remembered another deal I got maybe two weeks ago

Brand new, unopened red Mario special edition DS lite bundle with New Super Mario Bros: $100

And one more from about a week ago:
$85
Crimson DS Lite perfect condition with charger, stylus, nice case
Chessmaster: Art of Learning
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
New York Times Crosswords

The 3 games are all worth a good amount, probably $60-70 total

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now I have a black DS Lite lined up for 70$ delivered at my door. The cheapass in me wants to get the 60$ pink one, but the man in me wants to get the 70$ black one.

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']Ok, now I have a black DS Lite lined up for 70$ delivered at my door. The cheapass in me wants to get the 60$ pink one, but the man in me wants to get the 70$ black one.[/QUOTE]

i think the pink one looks pretty cool. i wish i had that instead of my white model.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I kind of wish I had any color other than black. Fingerprints and smudges are very visible on the black surface.[/QUOTE]

that's true. the white one (and probably the pink) has the unfortunate tendency to accumulate minute amounts of dust or dirt on its rubber feet. i'm extremely careful with mine and only play with clean hands on clean surfaces, and still, the rubber feet are gross and sort of a dingy brown. of course i've had mine since launch, so it was likely bound to happen over time.

anyway, back on topic: NaturalHatTrick, i say get the pink one. that extra ten dollars could buy a game (or even two) during a sale! further still, screw stereotypes and tired conventions: get the pink one and thumb your nose at the nay-sayers.

[quote name='anyway, back on topic: NaturalHatTrick, i say get the pink one. that extra ten dollars could buy a game (or even two) during a sale! further still, screw stereotypes and tired conventions: get the pink one and thumb your nose at the nay-sayers.[/QUOTE']
I wear pink shirts, and I look pimp in them, so you will be an even bigger pimp with the pink DS! :) Lol I though pink shirts got you pink pussy, just imagine what a pink DS will do!

[quote name='allyourblood']
anyway, back on topic: NaturalHatTrick, i say get the pink one. that extra ten dollars could buy a game (or even two) during a sale! further still, screw stereotypes and tired conventions: get the pink one and thumb your nose at the nay-sayers.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the black one would be delivered at my door which is pretty nice, meanwhile I would have to drive out around 15 minutes one way for the pink one. Color doesn't matter too much, just at the same price (let's just say gas + 30 minutes of my time = 10$) I'd take the black one.

And I wish we had awesome sales for 5$ DS games in Canada. I'm probably gonna be buying my games through CL most likely, it's been good to me this summer.

I thought this was a good deal as I wanted a PS3 in working condition for personal use since I don't already have one

PS3 80gig
Silver Dual Shock Controller
Charging Station
HDMI Cable
Bluetooth Headset
Call of Duty World At War
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Battlefield Bad Company
Stranglehold
Fifa 08

Price $330

What do you guys think?

[quote name='fwc577']I thought this was a good deal as I wanted a PS3 in working condition for personal use since I don't already have one

PS3 80gig
Silver Dual Shock Controller
Charging Station
HDMI Cable
Bluetooth Headset
Call of Duty World At War
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Battlefield Bad Company
Stranglehold
Fifa 08

Price $330

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

If everything is in good shape that's a great deal.

About a year ago, I got:

New in box SNES
Used Second Controller
Used Original Game Boy (Looked perfectly new though. No scratches and screen is immaculate)
Used Wario Blast demo cart (No idea what to do with this)
Complete in box Super Mario Land 2 (Perfect condition)

$45

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']If everything is in good shape that's a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the box smelled a little like someone smoked near it, but the machine or hardware doesnt have that smell. the guy I got it from said he only had it for about 6 months and after being at his apartment I would have to venture a guess his g/f was pressuring him to sell it because he didnt use it enough.

All the games look like new on the back also.

[quote name='fwc577']Yeah, I noticed the box smelled a little like someone smoked near it, but the machine or hardware doesnt have that smell. the guy I got it from said he only had it for about 6 months and after being at his apartment I would have to venture a guess his g/f was pressuring him to sell it because he didnt use it enough.

All the games look like new on the back also.[/QUOTE]

If you bought it, the first thing I would do is get one of the compressed air cans, get a towel or something, take it outside, and give it some good shots through the vents.

It could be pretty dusty in there (mine was when I bought it), and it might help if there is any smoke smell

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/tag/1252405145.html

Is it worth it for that price??

Also someone is selling a 60 GB Ipod Black (Video) for 50 bucks. I think it is the newest gen or one before. Is it good to flip??

And the same dude is selling me God of War(to keep), Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64 (probably to flip after I play em). He said 20 bucks for the games. Should I get it lowered down even more??

Also a different guy is selling this. Is it worth it??

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=7056212&cat=24&lpid=12

Here's this bundle for $40, I'm going to pay $50 (comes with system, 2 controllers, and 3 memory cards...I need a memory card also). It was pending to somebody and I offered higher, however, apparently the other guy couldn't meet anyway. I should be picking it up tomorrow.

Can you guys spot what games there are? There was no list, only this picture. I spot Tomba, I can't make out a lot of the games though. Let me know if there's anything else somewhat valuable in there.

3n93k73leZZZZZZZZZ976713888f049de1707.jpg

I've determined:
Tomba
Spider-Man
Tony Hawk
Tomb Raider (1?)
FFVIII
Army Men

[quote name='Samus']
Can you guys spot what games there are? There was no list, only this picture. I spot Tomba, I can't make out a lot of the games though. Let me know if there's anything else somewhat valuable in there.

3n93k73leZZZZZZZZZ976713888f049de1707.jpg
[/QUOTE]

in order from left to right, top to bottom: Croc 2, FFVIII, Casper: A Haunting 3D Challenge, WCW Nitro, Test Drive 5, Jampack (demos), Barbie Detective: Mystery Cruise, Tomba!, Spider-Man, THPS, Chocobo's Dungeon, Echo Night, Unjammer Lammy, Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, Mulan, The Fifth Element, can't make out these next two (one on top of the other?), Tomb Raider II, Monkey Hero, Sim Theme Park, X-Files, Jampack (demos), Jampack (demos again).

those two i can't make out are gonna drive me nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='allyourblood']in order from left to right, top to bottom: Croc 2, FFVIII, Casper (the Ghost), WCW Nitro, Test Drive Something, Jampack (demos), Barbie Detective: Mystery Cruise, Tomba!, Spider-Man, THPS, Chocobo's Dungeon, can't recognize this one, Unjammer Lammy, Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, Mulan, can't make out the next two, Tomb Raider, Monkey Hero, Sim Theme Park, X-Files, Jampack (demos), Jampack (demos again).[/QUOTE]

Impressive showing lol

Picked these up this evening, paid 12$ total:

(taken with crappy cell camera)

Final Fantasy VII (black label, complete, terrific condition)
Vampire Hunter D (disc only)

Not much of a story here, guy replied to my wanted ad and had a bunch of PS1 games for sale, I wanted those two and we just agreed on a price. FFVII is really in terrific shape, only had a price sticker still on it.

[quote name='allyourblood']in order from left to right, top to bottom: Croc 2, FFVIII, Casper: A Haunting 3D Challenge, WCW Nitro, Test Drive 5, Jampack (demos), Barbie Detective: Mystery Cruise, Tomba!, Spider-Man, THPS, Chocobo's Dungeon, Echo Night, Unjammer Lammy, Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, Army Men: Sarge's Heroes, Mulan, The Fifth Element, can't make out these next two (one on top of the other?), Tomb Raider II, Monkey Hero, Sim Theme Park, X-Files, Jampack (demos), Jampack (demos again).

those two i can't make out are gonna drive me nuts![/QUOTE]

Very impressive indeed, lol.

Looking those games up on eBay, at least a couple of those are decent snags.

Fat ps2 with network adapter, 3x sony controllers, 2 sony memory cards, hookups, stand, madcatz dvd remote, and start up disc for $40

That guy for the NES lot did get back to me but wouldn't budge. I actually had to think twice about it. I don't know if I could manage paying $40 for that list of 29 games. There are about 5 or 6 in there i already have, and the rest are either common R1's worth a buck or less, sports, a horrible game in general (...) or just not of interest to me right now. (although contra, and MT punch out would have been nice).

[quote name='Samus']Anyone notice the new "video gaming" category on Craigslist?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'm not impressed......so far. Still the same old overpriced crap that gets relisted for 3 months until the person gives up or drops dead already.(hopefully from a "pretend" buyer who smashed their skull in ;)).

1 dummy has been posting his overpriced piece of shit n64 bundle for $130 in the games/toys, electronics, computers, and now the video gaming section in every sub-area of the state. I'm suprised nobody else has been getting ticked off at how much this guy has reposted. It's like, dude, GTFO! nobody's giving you 150 smackers for this sad-excuse of a bundle!

I feel like busting out the proxy flagger on this dude, but it's not worth the time (20-30 minutes tops) or wasting bandwith over.

[quote name='paradise2894']http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/tag/1252405145.html

Is it worth it for that price??

Also someone is selling a 60 GB Ipod Black (Video) for 50 bucks. I think it is the newest gen or one before. Is it good to flip??

And the same dude is selling me God of War(to keep), Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda: Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64 (probably to flip after I play em). He said 20 bucks for the games. Should I get it lowered down even more??

Also a different guy is selling this. Is it worth it??

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=7056212&cat=24&lpid=12[/QUOTE]

If it works fine, not much scratches on it (ALL ipods get scratched to hell, especially on the back), then I'll say you MIGHT be able to get $100-$150 or even $175 for it, IF you play your cards right. Then again, it's only a 60* giger. After itunes puts all the updates on it and formats it, it will have less.

If you sell on ebay you can probably get 175, if you craigslist it, expect 100-150 tops.

And remember - 90% of the time, nobody will give you your asking price on CL, that's why you tag it with higher then what you want, and let the people lowball a bit. Once you get close to your target price, sell it and be happy. And as a bonus, if they don't haggle, extra $$$ for you!

Make people think they're beating you down! It's a classic craigslist trick I've used somewhat successfully in the past.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']
And remember - 90% of the time, nobody will give you your asking price on CL, that's why you tag it with higher then what you want, [/QUOTE]

And then we make fun of you in the Craigslist Stupidity thread.

Wellllllll, I caved and bought the Turbografx and games.

$120...not really something to brag about much but I'm not too upset, I don't live anywhere near a flea market or anything so where else am I going to get something like this.

Turbgrafx System - complete with hookups + 1 controller
Games ( just the cd-esque case & manual...they don't have cardboard boxes which I didn't even realize these games came in until now)
Chew-Man Fu
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Pac-Land
Impossamole
Alien Crush
Bonk's Adventure
Blazing Lazers
And of course the rarest game has no case.
Air Zonk (card and manual only)

So there's no box but they still have manuals and the CD-sized case, how do I value them. They're not "complete" but I wouldn't say "loose" either.

He also gave me a ton of PS1 games which softens the blow if only because there's so many. All complete.

Army Men Sarge's Heroes
Army Men Air Attack
Army Men Air Attack 2
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
CyberTiger (oh god the coverart)
RC de GO (sealed! never even heard of this game)
Ultimate 8 Ball
Small Soldiers
Army Men 3D GH
Pac-Man World
Ape Escape GH
Spyro the Dragon GH
Hello Kitty's Cube Frenzy
Pong The Next Level
Pro Pinball Fantastic Journey
Missile Command
Konami Arcade Classics (I knew there would be a rare game in here if I kept checking. yes!)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
And of course the rarest game has no case.
Air Zonk (card and manual only)[/QUOTE]

Air Zonk doesn't have a case. it came in a plastic "mold" that fit into the original cardboard box. but don't feel too bad, most people are missing the box.

Well, I'm too lazy to post pictures, but here are my finds for the summer so far:

1 Guitar Hero II Wired Controller, 1 Guitar Hero III Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) - $20

1 Rock Band drum set (Xbox 360) - $15

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, The World Ends With You - $25

Sin City Vol 2,3,4 - $15

And a Wii bundle I bought for my girlfriend:
Wii console
2 Wiimotes, 1 Nunchuk, 2 Wii Wheels
Wii Sports
Wii Fit (w/Balance Board)
Mario Kart Wii
Punch Out!
Monopoly
Six Flags

Sure it had two crappy games, but the bundle was only $375, and she's really been wanting Wii Fit.

Sorry if this agitates any of you, but I was just browsing craigslist and wondering if this is worth picking up. I offered the seller $35 after pretty much just scanning the ad, but now I'm not sure it's even worth that much as it's mostly sports games. Please let me know if this is worth picking up to even play as I don't really know jack about Genesis. It's gotta be worth it just to pick up Shaq-Fu...:)

http://duluth.craigslist.org/vgm/1265206859.html

Sega Genesis w/ 31 Games - $50 (Duluth, MN)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-11, 5:25PM CDT

Sega Genesis with one controller and 31 games. Still works great. The games are Aladdin, Barkley Shut up and Jam, Battletech, Cal Ripken Jr. Baseball, Judge Dredd, King Salmon, Lethal Enforcers, Mario Lemieux Hockey, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat 1 & 3, NBA Jam Tounament Edition, NFL Quarterback Club 96, NHL 96, Primal Rage, Revolution X, Rocket Knight Adventures, Samurai Showdown, Shadow of the Beast 2, Shaq-Fu, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition, Super Street Fighter 2, Star Trek The Next Generation, Taz-Mania, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters, World Series Baseball, World Series Baseball 95, World Series Baseball 98, and WWF Raw.

[quote name='panamared']
Sega Genesis with one controller and 31 games. Still works great. The games are Aladdin, Barkley Shut up and Jam, Battletech, Cal Ripken Jr. Baseball, Judge Dredd, King Salmon, Lethal Enforcers, Mario Lemieux Hockey, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat 1 & 3, NBA Jam Tounament Edition, NFL Quarterback Club 96, NHL 96, Primal Rage, Revolution X, Rocket Knight Adventures, Samurai Showdown, Shadow of the Beast 2, Shaq-Fu, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition, Super Street Fighter 2, Star Trek The Next Generation, Taz-Mania, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters, World Series Baseball, World Series Baseball 95, World Series Baseball 98, and WWF Raw.[/QUOTE]

of what you've listed, here are my picks: Aladdin (excellent game with stunning animation), MK 1 (has tight control but "meh" graphics), NBA Jam, Rocket Knight Adventures, Samurai Shodown (if you're already a fan), Sonic 1 & 2 (absolute classics and while they're common as dirt, they're still must-owns), the Street Fighters are fun, Star Trek: TNG (if you're a fan), and Taz-Mania. the rest are just kinda so-so, and sports games are just that -- sports games.

now, personally, i wouldn't pay $50 for all of those as there's a lot of fluff and super-cheap commons. if they were all complete that might make you feel a little better about it, but i think you're better off just waiting to find a cheaper and smaller bundle... something with like 5-6 really great games for $10-$15 or so (which will come up eventually).

going to pick up the following later today

2 gameboy colors(purple)
2 gameboy advances
pokemon crystal
polemon gold
nsync
donkey kong land
mario gallery 3 game and watch

snes system with all cords and works
2 controlers and an extra back up power cord
super mario world (two copies)
looney toons
killer instinct
zoop
tetris and dr mario
street fighter 2
donkey kong country
super street fighter 2
primalj rage
donkey kong country 2
star trek

All that for $55.

That a good deal for all that?I tried offering like $40 for everything to see if he would counter offer to say $45 or so but he wouldnt budge.

bread's done
Back