The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Pirate331']Which sets, roughly, did you get?[/QUOTE]

All the westerns. Space monorail. Castles and large vintage city sets. A nice mix

Got a Gameboy Micro with some cases and stuff for ..$20? I didn't realize how small the screen was though, so I probably won't even use it.

I picked up a 32gb iPod touch for 20 bucks. Guy got it for some tattoo work, screens cracked but still fully functional. Offered him 20 and he went for it.

[quote name='slowdive21']I found a decent lot, but the guy is too far away to drive out there. It will cost more in gas, than I would save.[/QUOTE]
which direction? Maybe i can help you out. PM me

Found a big bundle.. a bit of a drive for me though. Ill update later with pics and more details.

Teaser: Paid sub 100 for bundle with multiple consoles!

Found a Gamecube with 2 controllers and mem card and 9 games. Notables are Zelda Twilight Princess, RE Zero, Metroid Prime, and FF CC... for 80 bucks, good deal?

[quote name='starbury805']Found a Gamecube with 2 controllers and mem card and 9 games. Notables are Zelda Twilight Princess, RE Zero, Metroid Prime, and FF CC... for 80 bucks, good deal?[/QUOTE]

not really....

$40 tops if the zelda is mint/complete....

^^ If those were the most valuable games from that lot I would personally pass. I don't see profit in it.

Emailed the guy at 9 AM 40min after him posting it. Told him Id buy it that day, never got back to me, so assumed someone else beat me to it.

Ended up getting back to me at 4PM that day saying I could have it, but I didn't check email again until 10. So once again I assumed someone else got it.

Woke up the next morning and he had emailed me once more with his phone number, gave him a call and met up an hour later. It was a long drive, 50 mile round trip. He actually lived up on top of a canyon. Was actually getting a little nervous, have never driven at such a steep incline, and GPS just kept telling me to go up, go up. The guy actually lived at the top of the canyon. I can't imagine wanting to live there, if you wanted to walk around the neighborhood you simply cant.

So once I got there, the father of the kid asked me if it was a cheap price. I just said it was a good deal. But he went on to say that this will be a lesson for his kid in economics. "If you list it for this price, and a ton of people call about it, then chances are you have it too cheap" but proceeded to let him sell it to me. Im sure it wasn't fun in the house after I left.

I asked the kid if he was saving up for anything fun, told me he wanted to buy the new COD when it comes out >.< He should of known better.

So, TL:DR. I got a good deal. Heres the pics!

Hinge is loose / broken on right side. But other than that fully functional.
Games are: Fire emblem, Mario Kart, Harry potter, power rangers, Pokemon red rescue team, ruby, sapphire, and DS game is pokemon diamond.

1 Off brand GC controller (Will go with a GC console I had with no controller, so can sell it on CL now) and a Nintendo GC controller. 2 wii motion plus, which Ill keep. a 1000 block nintendo branded GC memory card( I had a 251 block card im using, Ill switch em out and sell that 251 now) Also going to keep a controller / nunchuk so Ill have 3 for myself now.

Going to keep beatles rock band since it isnt worth much, and wii sports resort. Also came with wii sports which Ill sell.

Going to keep all this, figure no one cares about rock band anymore and not worth much on CL. (am I wrong?)

Came with 20 ps2 games as well.

So, got all this for a grand total of $80 and $12 in gas.

I've been trying to get a cheap PS2 bundle for a while because I need a new dual shock 2 and all the shops around here charge about $15 for them. If i get a PS2 bundle with a few games and controllers for $30 that's a better deal for me.

Just haven't been getting any responses at all though. Wish people would delete their ads if they're sold or respond within a few days.

[quote name='Artrigis']^^ If those were the most valuable games from that lot I would personally pass. I don't see profit in it.

Emailed the guy at 9 AM 40min after him posting it. Told him Id buy it that day, never got back to me, so assumed someone else beat me to it.

Ended up getting back to me at 4PM that day saying I could have it, but I didn't check email again until 10. So once again I assumed someone else got it.

Woke up the next morning and he had emailed me once more with his phone number, gave him a call and met up an hour later. It was a long drive, 50 mile round trip. He actually lived up on top of a canyon. Was actually getting a little nervous, have never driven at such a steep incline, and GPS just kept telling me to go up, go up. The guy actually lived at the top of the canyon. I can't imagine wanting to live there, if you wanted to walk around the neighborhood you simply cant.

So once I got there, the father of the kid asked me if it was a cheap price. I just said it was a good deal. But he went on to say that this will be a lesson for his kid in economics. "If you list it for this price, and a ton of people call about it, then chances are you have it too cheap" but proceeded to let him sell it to me. Im sure it wasn't fun in the house after I left.

I asked the kid if he was saving up for anything fun, told me he wanted to buy the new COD when it comes out >.< He should of known better.

So, TL:DR. I got a good deal. Heres the pics!

Hinge is loose / broken on right side. But other than that fully functional.
Games are: Fire emblem, Mario Kart, Harry potter, power rangers, Pokemon red rescue team, ruby, sapphire, and DS game is pokemon diamond.

1 Off brand GC controller (Will go with a GC console I had with no controller, so can sell it on CL now) and a Nintendo GC controller. 2 wii motion plus, which Ill keep. a 1000 block nintendo branded GC memory card( I had a 251 block card im using, Ill switch em out and sell that 251 now) Also going to keep a controller / nunchuk so Ill have 3 for myself now.

Going to keep beatles rock band since it isnt worth much, and wii sports resort. Also came with wii sports which Ill sell.

Going to keep all this, figure no one cares about rock band anymore and not worth much on CL. (am I wrong?)

Came with 20 ps2 games as well.

So, got all this for a grand total of $80 and $12 in gas.[/QUOTE]

the rock band stuff might not sell well on CL, but you can make a pretty
penny off that stuff on ebay for whatever reason. Of course then you
got to ship it but still...

Nintendo Gamecube With 12 Games $70
Comes with RCA Connectors, AC Adapter, Manual, Controller and 1 Memory Card

Games Included
F Zero GX
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Mega Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Tony Hawk's Underground
Viewtiful Joe

Decided to go for it. I actually want most of the games. Hope I didn't pay too much. You guys seem to know what this stuff is worth. Already have a gamecube so maybe I can resell this one for $15-$20.

[quote name='DerekVinyard']Nintendo Gamecube With 12 Games $70
Comes with RCA Connectors, AC Adapter, Manual, Controller and 1 Memory Card

Games Included
F Zero GX
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Mega Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Tony Hawk's Underground
Viewtiful Joe

Decided to go for it. I actually want most of the games. Hope I didn't pay too much. You guys seem to know what this stuff is worth. Already have a gamecube so maybe I can resell this one for $15-$20.[/QUOTE]

Just the 2 zelda games alone you could make the majority of that money back. I say you got a pretty good deal, especially if you just plan on keeping the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robwhois']the rock band stuff might not sell well on CL, but you can make a pretty
penny off that stuff on ebay for whatever reason. Of course then you
got to ship it but still...[/QUOTE]
Ebay huh? Didnt really want to ship this thing, but Ill take a look.

^^ That GC list isnt too bad actually, some good titles. I see you got it for $70, thats pretty good. Especially if the stuff is for you to keep. Id of probably bought it to resell if it were in my area. I never give value to console when buying bundles though, such a pain in the ass to sell. Selling old cheap consoles for 20-30 on CL brings out all the flakes and jerks.

Edit: Holy crap you werent kidding.. I thought everyone got bored of guitar hero / rock band and the stuff was worthless. Going to try and list these on CL then.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Wipeout 2048, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf and Virtua Tennis 4 for vita, all 4 for 40 cash, online codes unused.[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal. Did you pick up this bundle?

[quote name='Artrigis']Ebay huh? Didnt really want to ship this thing, but Ill take a look.

^^ That GC list isnt too bad actually, some good titles. I see you got it for $70, thats pretty good. Especially if the stuff is for you to keep. Id of probably bought it to resell if it were in my area. I never give value to console when buying bundles though, such a pain in the ass to sell. Selling old cheap consoles for 20-30 on CL brings out all the flakes and jerks.

Edit: Holy crap you werent kidding.. I thought everyone got bored of guitar hero / rock band and the stuff was worthless. Going to try and list these on CL then.[/QUOTE]

told you man, guessing this stuff probably breaks alot. i know my drum set is kind of shaky after using it alot when it first came out, so people probably buy alot of this stuff to replace the old broken stuff....well at least thats my best guess. That stuff can cover alot of your purchase hopefully...

Hrm in a bit of a dilemma here. I "think" I found a very good bundle.
Posting was very vague. But the price is cheap ( I think). Just said old vintage games in description, and price next to title was $3 Im assuming its $3 each then? Sometimes people put a BS number there and just want offers.

Asked them about the games, said to come by take a look if i wanted to. Tried emailing back to confirm price, and they came back at me with a big list. In their CL ad they have the address.

They ignored the confirming of the price though.

Ive been trying to get back in contact with them since 11pm last night, no responses.

What would you guys do, yesterday in their email they said I could stop by. But they never confirmed the price for me and ignored the question when I asked.

Should I just show up un announced?

[quote name='Artrigis']Hrm in a bit of a dilemma here. I "think" I found a very good bundle.
Posting was very vague. But the price is cheap ( I think). Just said old vintage games in description, and price next to title was $3 Im assuming its $3 each then? Sometimes people put a BS number there and just want offers.

Asked them about the games, said to come by take a look if i wanted to. Tried emailing back to confirm price, and they came back at me with a big list. In their CL ad they have the address.

They ignored the confirming of the price though.

Ive been trying to get back in contact with them since 11pm last night, no responses.

What would you guys do, yesterday in their email they said I could stop by. But they never confirmed the price for me and ignored the question when I asked.

Should I just show up un announced?[/QUOTE]

shoot them a response email to their (come by) and say you will be there in an hour...
personally, I would take someone with me, and if that is not possible, only look at them on the porch/garage and tell someone the addy you are going to ....
but meh, you may have waited too long and someone may have already gone over there for any good titles...

Decided to just stop by, glad I did! The allure of the deal was too much!

The games weren't really vintage, they were all gamecube with a few xbox / ps2 mixed in. They were selling individually, 75 games altogether. I cherry picked the best ones. Had picked out 27 games, but when I got there they said they looked and couldn't find the discs for all the games. So it was just 21 games. Since I bought in bulk they let me have em for $2 each, there idea. Id of paid a lot more for this bundle. I basically got everything at yard sale prices. Paid a grand total of $42 for everything.

These are all missing manuals. F-Zero GX actually had two discs in the case, two of the same game. Too bad digimon wasn't complete.

These are all complete. Zelda had a nintendo branded 251 memory card in it. And the top right game is Billy Hatcher.

Really happy with this bundle, id say my best ever actually. All the discs are mint, can't find any scratches.
The games that he couldn't find would of been worth another $110+, for another $12 ! Too bad.
Asked about other games, said he has a SNES and N64 somewhere with games, but didn't know where. He also said he just found a PS1 a few days ago and have been playing all the old squaresoft RPG's, asked but he said he wouldn't sell those he wanted to keep them. Told him to give me a call if he decides to sell the ps1 or finds the other games. So hoping that comes through.

They're all pretty good games, and it's a great deal if you plan on just buying it to play. It would make a great birthday/Christmas/Chanukah gift for those without a Dreamcast.

But if you plan to resell it, it'll be pretty hard since the rarest game is Sonic Adventure 2 and SFA3.

No offense to anyone in here...but I really hate seeing all these "I bought this for profit/to flip" posts. I only wish the local Craigslist pages had a *little* of what some of you guys find...and it would all be going into my personal collection.

Again, no offense. I get that it's easy money in some cases.

I got an Xbox 360 Elite with no HDD for $10 this weekend. Also had no cables and no controllers. I have everything to make it complete with the exception of another power brick. Console itself was in pretty good shape. It'll be a nice Netflix box for my girlfriend's place.

[quote name='Rig']No offense to anyone in here...but I really hate seeing all these "I bought this for profit/to flip" posts. I only wish the local Craigslist pages had a *little* of what some of you guys find...and it would all be going into my personal collection.

Again, no offense. I get that it's easy money in some cases.

I got an Xbox 360 Elite with no HDD for $10 this weekend. Also had no cables and no controllers. I have everything to make it complete with the exception of another power brick. Console itself was in pretty good shape. It'll be a nice Netflix box for my girlfriend's place.[/QUOTE]

Your local area probably does have deals like the ones you see us getting, the thing is you need to watch CL all day. I check CL every half hour from 8 am to 10 PM. And if you find something, jump on it. If you are not doing this, youll have a hard time finding things.

Ive been pretty much doing all this reselling as my job. I tend to pull in about 25 hours a week at minimum wage working from home. Its either do this, or don't work at all because I can't find work.

No one wants to hire someone with no experience, why would they? There's dozens of other people asking for the same job who have experience.

That being said, anything I find that I want to keep thats worth $50 and under in my bundles I save for myself.

Examples I now have every zelda game in my collection, mario sunshine, luigis mansion, thousand year door, modern warfare 3, mario RPG, the list goes on. I kept a SNES lot worth about 200 or so for myself. Ive saved approximately $760 worth of games / consoles / accessories for my collection, and Im sure im forgetting things.

there is work for everyone but they don't want to stoop to those levels. Mcdonalds is always hiring for instance, and they start at (and most cases) above minimum wage $7.25/hr. Who wants to look at Craigslist all day when it's not guaranteed that you will find something worthwhile to make the time matter?

[quote name='Artrigis']Your local area probably does have deals like the ones you see us getting, the thing is you need to watch CL all day. I check CL every half hour from 8 am to 10 PM. And if you find something, jump on it. If you are not doing this, youll have a hard time finding things.

Ive been pretty much doing all this reselling as my job. I tend to pull in about 25 hours a week at minimum wage working from home. Its either do this, or don't work at all because I can't find work.

No one wants to hire someone with no experience, why would they? There's dozens of other people asking for the same job who have experience.

That being said, anything I find that I want to keep thats worth $50 and under in my bundles I save for myself.

Examples I now have every zelda game in my collection, mario sunshine, luigis mansion, thousand year door, modern warfare 3, mario RPG, the list goes on. I kept a SNES lot worth about 200 or so for myself. Ive saved approximately $760 worth of games / consoles / accessories for my collection, and Im sure im forgetting things.[/QUOTE]

I check the closest area CL at least once an hour. And people in my area usually don't delete posts...so I know I'm not missing much. Population around here just isn't much.

Now, if I were willing to travel a much further distance (and I have for major deals), then I could likely find some decent stuff.

Ah IC Rig. Thats unfortunate, maybe yard sales would better suit your area?

Also I have no problem doing this work, I much prefer it over any other minimum wage job, I am my own boss.

Pay has been steady for me for 3+ months by reselling, I never worry about not finding stuff.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']http://houston.craigslist.org/vgm/3248212291.html

Guy is selling a Sega Dreamcast, 2 controllers, vmu, and 26 games for only $50. I already have a dreamcast, but I am still tempted to buy this. Seems like a pretty great deal.[/QUOTE]

You should grab it, past the Sonic Adventure 2 and a working system everything else is gravy. Also, even with DC games being slow sellers individually with people burning them, a lot like that would probably have no problem fetching $125+ on ebay.

[quote name='tuffguycore']That asking price is totally worth it. If I had 1300 bucks laying around I would buy it for sure, it has all the Panzer games and it looks like all the hard to find shit in general...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a really nice lot. There are worse ways to spend $1300..

Thinking about offering $1000 for the saturn bundle im close to bensonhurst

Edit-just emailed him. well see what happens.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah that's a really nice lot. There are worse ways to spend $1300..[/QUOTE]

If I had the money, I'd look at it as having three or four of some of the hardest games made in your collection, and I personally really like the idea. Then again, at this point, if I had 1300 I'd have to put it towards a second car or something...grown up

Pretty nice find the other day. This is from the same guy, except for the last pic:
601D1B9F-A673-4402-2658E24F917658B9.jpg

60236F9D-EC84-AE0B-D572BCB644D791C0.jpg

602B0CCB-0D8E-4F8A-6A41DF7380A791D8.jpg

6031F4DC-CAC6-5C0F-A3040D0866A72C60.jpg

60386086-F21D-ECDF-F6E8FEC919BBB656.jpg

60402BBB-08FC-9AF6-1CD27CF28719E249.jpg

60458C0B-D701-FEBF-E5CC83D9E4FD8DDC.jpg

604AEFA5-06C6-1533-E3EEF68632876ED3.jpg

605266F7-E30B-AC3F-2704E447EA8A2E4E.jpg

605840B0-B9DB-ACF0-0373DD4502B92D19.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21']^^How much? Where was that from?[/QUOTE]
I paid a bit more than i normally would...however, i can probably sell my dupes to at least break even. I spent $450. It was in chicagoland. :) [edit: i already made back $115 selling a few dupes already]

[quote name='uiengineer']I paid a bit more than i normally would...however, i can probably sell my dupes to at least break even. I spent $450. It was in chicagoland. :) [edit: i already made back $115 selling a few dupes already][/QUOTE]

So you really aren't the guy I met at best buy? I could have sworn his id had something to do with engineering on CAG.

[quote name='slowdive21']So you really aren't the guy I met at best buy? I could have sworn his id had something to do with engineering on CAG.[/QUOTE]
nope. i don't meet people from the internet (other than CL)

Bought the God of War 3 Ultimate Edition for $20

Golden Wii Remote with Skyward Sword $45 (no box)

Two Wii Remotes (official) for $16

Super Smash Bros, Kirby Crystal Shards, and a bunch of other racing games for like $20 (All n64 games)

bread's done
Back