The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noob question: What/How do you look for, when looking for converted stuff? Just browse the whole store and see if you find some CE at a low price?

Generally, I dont spend more than the 5-15 mins required, with my each visit to GS. The "other" GS I have been to, last two times have been frown-free episodes. So, I might just hang in there and browse this time around (if THAT a-hole is not manning the store, that is).

Just wanted to get a pro-tip on what to look for.

Noob question: What/How do you look for, when looking for converted stuff? Just browse the whole store and see if you find some CE at a low price?

Generally, I dont spend more than the 5-15 mins required, with my each visit to GS. The "other" GS I have been to, last two times have been frown-free episodes. So, I might just hang in there and browse this time around (if THAT a-hole is not manning the store, that is).

Just wanted to get a pro-tip on what to look for.
Personally, I just ask the guy at my local GS if he has any converted CEs.

Personally, I just ask the guy at my local GS if he has any converted CEs.
Ughh...it requires talking? Any hand gestures you know off, that may work? lol j/k

There are couple of employees that have been "cool" & "friendly"; but, I dont know if it is just the people GS hires or if it is a culture they promote. but the employees always look at me like I just fondled their beloved inappropriately - that is before I even begin to speak. Well, may be it's just me...lol

Ughh...it requires talking? Any hand gestures you know off, that may work? lol j/k

There are couple of employees that have been "cool" & "friendly"; but, I dont know if it is just the people GS hires or if it is a culture they promote. but the employees always look at me like I just fondled their beloved inappropriately - that is before I even begin to speak. Well, may be it's just me...lol
It's definitely hit or miss. Fortunately, I get along with the manager.

I think it's probably just you. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised. Saw a lot of copies on the shelf today.

Random Q: is PS3 move worth it? I think it'd be about $35 to get camera, controller, and navigation used at GS.

I believe Terraria CE(360) is converted, but I haven't had the time to go to the store to confirm it yet.

GS also has a price cut for the following CEs:

1. Tales of Xillia 2 $65 (Groupon also has it for $60)

2. Far Cry 4 (PS3) $45 (Lowest I've ever seen)

3. MGRR (360) $47

4. Persona Q $60(Amazon has it for $50), and the persona q 3ds xl system is down to $160 as well.

I overheard an employee at gamestop Thursday night mentioning she had to stay late to do conversions. I asked if there were any CEs and she said "no, just madden and sports games. Nothing good like CEs." I'm guessing they probably didn't have terraria in stock though.

This is what I've noticed going through the website that *might* have been converted so far:

Xbox 360:

Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Batman AC GOTY Edition
Enemy Front SE GS Exclusive
Damage Inc CE
Madden 15 Ultimate Edition

Xbox One:
Dragon Age Deluxe Edition
Destiny LE

This is what I've noticed going through the website that *might* have been converted so far:

Xbox 360:

Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Batman AC GOTY Edition
Enemy Front SE GS Exclusive
Damage Inc CE
Madden 15 Ultimate Edition

Xbox One:
Dragon Age Deluxe Edition
Destiny LE
I still have some Damage Inc CE around me. I don't have any of the regular game near me tho.

The Destiny LE's for 360 is weird in that it dropped off the locator, but they still ring up at the new price at the couple stores I saw them at.

Sorry I haven't posted the past 2 conversions. I did work on those 2 Thursdays, but my store's lists weren't anything special, so I didn't bother to post. The one I saw this past Thursday had South Park (game only, PS3/360), but the Collector's Editions didn't convert. My store received a Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be keeping an eye on that, as well as the other collector's editions we've been waiting on the past couple of months.

Based on the number of Ds cases I rescued from being junked, some Ds games may have been converted.
I feel there may have been some reprints too. A lot of stores around me had castlevania portrait of ruin, chronotrigger, final fantasy tactics, and world ends with you. complete at some stores but cart only at others. I asked the associate why they junk the cases and he said its company policy and at another store the guy had some sense and says he keeps the cases because they sell better that way.

There were conversions on 7/3

So far the only things I've seen are Ouya controllers (went from $16.97 -> $29.99) and some headsets.

I've seen a few stores display the statues by themselves, but they include the entire package if purchased.
Yeah, seen this too. They have a display case for statues, I saw the Far Cry 4 statue and it had a sticker for the Far Cry 4 CE on it so it seems to be an attempt to sell old CEs by letting you see the statue

On Friday I noticed about 10 different headsets (including the offical XB1 & PS4 ones) that were being converted to used.  Sadly they were doing the thing like with the GTA V headset where it got its own sku so they were all still $60-$80. 

Just noticed a sealed call of duty ghosts prestige editions at one of the local gamestops. I remember in this thread someone reported that all versions were converted, or were it specific ones. Could go buy it for the season pass and the cheap camera :D

Just noticed a sealed call of duty ghosts prestige editions at one of the local gamestops. I remember in this thread someone reported that all versions were converted, or were it specific ones. Could go buy it for the season pass and the cheap camera :D
nope not converted yet they were just marked down cheap
360 is 28.97
PS3 is $22.97
And Xbox one and ps4 are both $40.97

None were converted. That was a false alarm.

It appears that Falling Skies for both PS3 and 360 was converted on 7/2

Two more possible conversions:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PS3. No stores in 100 miles have it and one local store had 5 copies on the shelf.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection for PS3. No stores in 100 miles have it. For this one it's the same SKU as regular Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The disc is just the Lords of Shadow disc and the extra content is DLC. Included is DLC #1 - Reverie, SLC #2 - Resurrection, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Demo and the remake of the 3DS Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD. Mirror of Fate is $14.99 on PSN and Lords of Shadow is $9.99 used at GameStop, so if you get one with an unused code it's a good deal.

A few weeks ago I noticed all the Ouya controllers disappear from the locator.  It appears they converted to used, however now not only are they no longer searchable on the website, they went from gathering dust at $17, to $30 used.

A few weeks ago I noticed all the Ouya controllers disappear from the locator. It appears they converted to used, however now not only are they no longer searchable on the website, they went from gathering dust at $17, to $30 used.
Yeah, it was a couple weeks ago. I had posted about it in the Amazon trade in thread but forgot to mention it in here.

Two more possible conversions:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection for PS3. No stores in 100 miles have it and one local store had 5 copies on the shelf.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection for PS3. No stores in 100 miles have it. For this one it's the same SKU as regular Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The disc is just the Lords of Shadow disc and the extra content is DLC. Included is DLC #1 - Reverie, SLC #2 - Resurrection, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Demo and the remake of the 3DS Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD. Mirror of Fate is $14.99 on PSN and Lords of Shadow is $9.99 used at GameStop, so if you get one with an unused code it's a good deal.
Be warned the codes with this are on the back of the instruction manual.

It looks like the 360/PS3 versions of Destiny Ghost Edition may have converted.  They were taken completely off the website.

Also, if anyone is looking for a Dead Island Riptide Rigor Edition, shoot me a PM.  I picked up a PS3 one last week.

bread's done
Back