The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky to purchase an ac 3 ce from gamestop (too far away) on sat. but when i finally open it yesterday it was missing the game. Do anyone know if I need go back to that specific store or can I go back to any gamestop to get the game?

[quote name='hellwithit']I was lucky to purchase an ac 3 ce from gamestop (too far away) on sat. but when i finally open it yesterday it was missing the game. Do anyone know if I need go back to that specific store or can I go back to any gamestop to get the game?[/QUOTE]

I would go back to the one you bought it at. If you go to a different one, that's red flag alert that someone is trying to pull a fast one and get a free game.

[quote name='hellwithit']I was lucky to purchase an ac 3 ce from gamestop (too far away) on sat. but when i finally open it yesterday it was missing the game. Do anyone know if I need go back to that specific store or can I go back to any gamestop to get the game?[/QUOTE]

yes you have to go back to that store, its a crazy story for them to hear but one they can check for easily. All they need to do is look at their on hand inventory for that game and should see that they have 1 more than they should. Example- computer says they have 5 but they check drawer and in fact have 6

I am sure too the employees there will know if its their way of doing things meaning taking the games out of CE's and all

of course max payne gets converted AFTER buying it less than a month ago lmao. it was the last one in manhattan and i didnt want to risk loosing it. what else is getting converted ? :)

[quote name='Toss']max payne 3 used is 24.xx
wasn't the ce at 19.99 already?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was going to ask the same thing, but that sale already ended though.

[quote name='Toss']max payne 3 used is 24.xx
wasn't the ce at 19.99 already?[/QUOTE]

I know this might be YMMV but BJs wholesale has the standard on clearance for 12.00 the last time I checked.

Went to gamestop today and the person working told me the Razer Onza controller for the 360 was converted to pre-owned. Was only 21, Not sure if they have the controller for any other systems though. Also the Signature edition of Street fighter x Tekken was converted.

[quote name='DirkBelig']This thread says that Halo 4 LE has been converted and should be $37.99 now.[/QUOTE]

Gonna check later tonight about that. Havent had a Halo 4 LE in our store for a while. Wouldnt surprise me though.

Gonna update later tonight after work with the rest of the games that got converted.

[quote name='Insane dead']...Also the Signature edition of Street fighter x Tekken was converted.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the Special Edition of SFxT? If so then it's still listed in their system as $60. Went to a local GS & they said the same. Honestly, I just want it for the arcade coin bank.

Updated.

Added Halo 4 LE as reported.

If there are any other reports of conversions (that arent listed), let me know. I'll check into it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Updated.

Added Halo 4 LE as reported.

If there are any other reports of conversions (that arent listed), let me know. I'll check into it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. So do we just go to a store that has an LE and it should ring up for a used price? I'm confused how this works exactly.

[quote name='Geco17']Thanks. So do we just go to a store that has an LE and it should ring up for a used price? I'm confused how this works exactly.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

I was able to to use the online store pick up to hold a 360 Max Payne 3 Special Edition. I thought it was gonna ring up the used price so I had the 20% BD coupon ready and also used my PUR points to redeem a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. It rang up as NEW MERCHANDISE at 39.99.

I was at an out of the way GamesStop so I purchased it at full price anyways. Was this pre-owned conversion for the PS3 only? I was at another Gamestop and asked if they had any PS3 ones and they said it wasn't in the system anymore. When I asked about a 360 version they were able to look it up, there just wasn't any in stock in the area.

I'm thinking about just returning it at my local Gamestop since I can get this at the same price on Amazon. FYI, this was at a CA Gamestop.

Hm, usually when they convert stuff it's for both platforms. My store didnt have any 360 MP3 CEs, I can check tomorrow though.

When did you buy it?

Website not letting you check stores for Halo 4.
I'll stop at my closer store this morning to see, but I'm not going to waste this nice day driving all over the world looking for one. I only want it for the steelbook. I put a little dent in my old one, and I'd like to replace it if possible.

[quote name='kalel603']I was able to to use the online store pick up to hold a 360 Max Payne 3 Special Edition. I thought it was gonna ring up the used price so I had the 20% BD coupon ready and also used my PUR points to redeem a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. It rang up as NEW MERCHANDISE at 39.99.

I was at an out of the way GamesStop so I purchased it at full price anyways. Was this pre-owned conversion for the PS3 only? I was at another Gamestop and asked if they had any PS3 ones and they said it wasn't in the system anymore. When I asked about a 360 version they were able to look it up, there just wasn't any in stock in the area.

I'm thinking about just returning it at my local Gamestop since I can get this at the same price on Amazon. FYI, this was at a CA Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me, although I did not purchase it. Apparently only the PS3 version was converted.

Yeah, called around and every gamestop said they didnt have it, and a few even said yeah theres no way youll find one of those instore

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Is that Instant Artist uDraw thing the game only or the tablet bundle? (for Wii)[/QUOTE]

Game only.

[quote name='Insane dead']Went to gamestop today and the person working told me the Razer Onza controller for the 360 was converted to pre-owned. Was only 21, Not sure if they have the controller for any other systems though. Also the Signature edition of Street fighter x Tekken was converted.[/QUOTE]

I cannot find one of these at any of my Gamestops. Any CAGs able to help me out with an Onza?

I think the SFxT 360 fight pad got converted also. I saw one yesterday that was in the original packaging but was tagged as a preowned 360 controller.

Also, any idea if the DoA5 CEs got converted? A bunch suddenly disappeared from stock check for area stores.

Found one halo ce edition sealed, then after gs employee realized it was to be sold as preowned he gutted it in front of me and saide you can only have the gane since that is the only thing your paying for, i asked him abount the rest of the item and he just said you cant have it as it is not part of the preowned game??????

[quote name='Yaosan']Found one halo ce edition sealed, then after gs employee realized it was to be sold as preowned he gutted it in front of me and saide you can only have the gane since that is the only thing your paying for, i asked him abount the rest of the item and he just said you cant have it as it is not part of the preowned game??????[/QUOTE]
You just got trolled.

[quote name='Yaosan']Found one halo ce edition sealed, then after gs employee realized it was to be sold as preowned he gutted it in front of me and saide you can only have the gane since that is the only thing your paying for, i asked him abount the rest of the item and he just said you cant have it as it is not part of the preowned game??????[/QUOTE]

What a dick move by gs. He probably wanted the ce stuff himself.

FYI-Once it gets converted, they do take the game out and either a. throw it away b. they keep the stuff c. let customer have it with purchase

Some gs will keep it sealed.

Wow, that's just fucked up. Would have walked out as soon as he started opening it.

[quote name='TooPoor']You just got trolled.[/QUOTE]

That's when you buy it, fill out a scathing survey, and return.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Kirby's Dream Collection

does anyone know the price for this game now that it's converted?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's $30 used.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Wow, that's just fucked up. Would have walked out as soon as he started opening it.[/QUOTE]

Would have asked them what the big deal is. If he insisted on being a prick, id go home and crucify him on the survey and return the game the next day.

yup i actually did ask him what he will do with rest of the stuff, he actually just smiled and put it on the side and he said he will put the game up on display if i dont want it. im assuming he will keep the rest for himself. I just dont know where to complain and i definitely would not want to purchase anything from him. btw this is from queens center mall, ny store.

[quote name='Yaosan']yup i actually did ask him what he will do with rest of the stuff, he actually just smiled and put it on the side and he said he will put the game up on display if i dont want it. im assuming he will keep the rest for himself. I just dont know where to complain and i definitely would not want to purchase anything from him. btw this is from queens center mall, ny store.[/QUOTE]

CALL the district manager tomorrow. What he did was absolutely wrong.
Jump over the store manager and go to the DM.

[quote name='Yaosan']yup i actually did ask him what he will do with rest of the stuff, he actually just smiled and put it on the side and he said he will put the game up on display if i dont want it. im assuming he will keep the rest for himself. I just dont know where to complain and i definitely would not want to purchase anything from him. btw this is from queens center mall, ny store.[/QUOTE]

Go in, start 12 preorders, then cancel them all in 5 minutes.

[quote name='Yaosan']yup i actually did ask him what he will do with rest of the stuff, he actually just smiled and put it on the side and he said he will put the game up on display if i dont want it. im assuming he will keep the rest for himself. I just dont know where to complain and i definitely would not want to purchase anything from him. btw this is from queens center mall, ny store.[/QUOTE]Do what these guys said:

[quote name='donut']CALL the district manager tomorrow. What he did was absolutely wrong.
Jump over the store manager and go to the DM.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kitsunisan']Go in, start 12 preorders, then cancel them all in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]If possible, try to do both of these things. I guarantee you he will not last.

Not a big deal since it's only $1 cheaper but Dirt Showdown was converted to preowned as well. Was a pleasant surprise to get a new copy with the DLC.

[quote name='haywire69']Has anyone confirmed any of these converted CEs at any of the other GSs or is this another YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's a definite. Can't use the website locator anymore to find any either. Too pricey for my "deal hunt" anyway at the moment.

bread's done
Back