The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went into a gamestop where I remember seeing an AC : BF collector's edition. I get there and sure enough, it's behind the counter... Opened with the statue upright. I ask if I can purchase it and the employee told me that another co-worker got "dibs" on it. I asked if they have any more and the same employee said "yeah, we had two. I got one and he's getting one." Followed by a "so, do you want to pre-order any games while you're here?" ...

Went into a gamestop where I remember seeing an AC : BF collector's edition. I get there and sure enough, it's behind the counter... Opened with the statue upright. I ask if I can purchase it and the employee told me that another co-worker got "dibs" on it. I asked if they have any more and the same employee said "yeah, we had two. I got one and he's getting one." Followed by a "so, do you want to pre-order any games while you're here?" ...
That's when you ask for the number of the district manager

Actually, you should have preordered something with $5 down. Then go home and fill out the survey giving the employee the lowest possible scores and explain your situation in the comments. Then promptly go back to the store and preferably with the same rep, cancel the preorder (so it negatively affects his numbers).

So you can complain about an item that does not appear on their inventory since it has been removed. ...
Actually, you should have preordered something with $5 down. Then go home and fill out the survey giving the employee the lowest possible scores and explain your situation in the comments. Then promptly go back to the store and preferably with the same rep, cancel the preorder (so it negatively affects his numbers).
One can definitely do that after his comment. Lmao

--------
The best thing you can do is see if you can put a hold online if the ce still exists.
If not then you can just wait until they change personnel and say you want that ce in front of you.

If the item has been converted, then only thing the GS employees did wrong in this scenario is keep the items on display if they were in fact already claimed. That, and the potentially snarky attitude. :)

The best thing you can do is see if you can put a hold online if the ce still exists.
If not then you can just wait until they change personnel and say you want that ce in front of you.
How long is a hold good for? A few days tops?

How long is a hold good for? A few days tops?
The email usually says 48 hours. My experience is that it is released back on the second morning at best (reserve Tuesday night, released Thursday at opening) - essentially, the rest of the current day and the entire next day until closing.

I know some stores are better about this, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

So I went to a store to pick up my perfect condition killer is dead and they guy said, "oh that expired, those holds are only 24 hours" I said ok, no problem, then he checked the drawer and saw that he had the same. He then went over to the shelf and grabbed a case, but surprise the outer box and artbook were not there. I told him don't bother as I knew they took home the extra stuff. I then mentioned my castlevania didn't have the soundtrack in it and asked if he could check the drawer and he quickly said. "Oh no, we don't have that. I would have given it to you." I have a feeling he pocketed that too.

I overheard some employees saying they are pulling all the tmobile prepaid cards since they pennied out. I assume they are not activated, but who knows.

FYI - Kingdom Hearts 2.5 was converted on 2-18-15. I managed to get a copy with the fancy box and pin. The store I went to had 4 copies in the LE box sitting on the shelf and only one had a pin still in it. All 4 of them had the 2-18-15 date on the pre-owned sticker.  It's weird, too, because now I can't find the used listing on the website anywhere.

FYI - Kingdom Hearts 2.5 was converted on 2-18-15. I managed to get a copy with the fancy box and pin. The store I went to had 4 copies in the LE box sitting on the shelf and only one had a pin still in it. All 4 of them had the 2-18-15 date on the pre-owned sticker. It's weird, too, because now I can't find the used listing on the website anywhere.
Was the used price still $37.99/$34.99 (can't remember what it was)?

Well Borderlands 2 PC is a penny or set for field destroy.

Besides Maddens, MLB, Socom which I know is a penny and some others there wasn't much. 

Time to hit the dumpster lmao
I cannot justify getting the smell on me since it shares space with a eatery named Subway. If I was sure I wouldn't smell like shit after I would of taken all of it. Plus it might of just been that one store that set it to field destroy due to high inventory.

Well Borderlands 2 PC is a penny or set for field destroy.

Besides Maddens, MLB, Socom which I know is a penny and some others there wasn't much.
Which version of Borderlands 2? Vanilla shows up as $7.97 still in store price according to the website.

I cannot justify getting the smell on me since it shares space with a eatery named Subway. If I was sure I wouldn't smell like shit after I would of taken all of it. Plus it might of just been that one store that set it to field destroy due to high inventory.
Most of the gamestops near me are by panda express, so it isn't worth trying (plus it is illegal in IL to dumpster dive).

Subway does have a distinctive smell. I remember going to "Sports Clips" when it was new because I had a coupon and they advertised hot chicks cutting your hair while you watch sports...Long story short, the TV wasn't working and a fat chick who's hands smelled like subway cut my hair. :puke:

UPDATE: Borderlands 2 for PC rang up 7.97 at my store.
Sigh and it was an almost complete waste dumpster diving which I decided to do that one time. They destroyed everything minus a Wii Afterglow Controller. They smashed the discs and ruined everything and I cannot seem to find the serial key for Borderlands 2.

Sorry for the lack of updates.

There will be a conversion this Friday. I'm actually working on a Thursday for once, so I'll post the list sometime Thursday afternoon.

Just glanced over my store's list. Unfortunately, no collector's edition conversions. Power Gig Six Strings Guitar Kit (XB360) will be converted though.

I'll post the list on my break. Collector's editions for South Park (360), COD Ghost (PS3, PS4, XB360, XB1), Watch Dogs (360), and Metal Gear Rising (360) will not be converted.

I was just shown the list from the store nearest to where I work, and no CE drops there either. These are the games I remember that stood out to me:

Wind Waker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Project X Zone (might be able to find one of these that still has the soundtrack?)

Nothing else really stood out to me.

bread's done
Back