The Official God Of War II Thread -Reviews/Help/Discussion/Spoilers

I got in, i think it's trying to explain the creation of the colossus with interviews from the gow team....but it's being flooded up the fucking ass right now that all i'm getting is "connection error for video feed.

[quote name='musicnoteless']I got in, i think it's trying to explain the creation of the colossus with interviews from the gow team....but it's being flooded up the fucking ass right now that all i'm getting is "connection error for video feed.[/quote]
THIS was the big news?..... THis is 10x more dissapointing then the GTA IV thing...

It has nothing to do with the original GoW and is just everything that you can find on the bonus disc...

again i'm not sure because i havent seen the video. dont take my word for it. could be something different

also, if you adjust your settings so that the flash player has unlimited storage on your comp, it sorta fixes the "Connection error" I have no video just yet.

[quote name='musicnoteless']again i'm not sure because i havent seen the video. dont take my word for it. could be something different

also, if you adjust your settings so that the flash player has unlimited storage on your comp, it sorta fixes the "Connection error" I have no video just yet.[/quote]
Tried that... you would think it wouldn't be THAT busy at midnight on a school night.

EDIT: now it's doing age verifacation.

It's working now...but it's bullshit. Some videos with commentary and wallapapers....

What a let down.

At least the videos are half interesting.

EDIT: I retract my statements....it is bullshit. There's only 2 videos, just with different commentary.

man this is the time for dissappointing videos. i feel sorry for anyone who spent alot of time watching the countdown clock.

Kind of "HD" Mode anyone? Thanks to Kotaku for the image.

[MEDIA]http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/04/gowhdinstructions.jpg[/MEDIA]

Just used the HD mode and I can vouch it makes the game look so much better. I'm playing an a 32" LCD with an hdmi to my ps3 and it makes it look way better.

Also be sure to have widescreen and progressive scan turned on.

In the directions it says HD mode slows down gameplay, but I didn't notice it at all.

I didn't really notice the game running any slower, and it does look better. I mean, the game looked great before, and now it looks a little bit greatererer. o_O

I have a 34" Sony CRT HDTV. It's a noticeable difference, but not mind-blowing. I imagine it makes more of a difference on larger, fixed-pixel displays.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']At least they gave us SOMETHING. Now I'm anxious for the new countdown because it's spelling out something![/QUOTE]

The obvious choice is god of war 3 for the ps3.

Others seem to think a psp version.

[quote name='mr ryles']The obvious choice is god of war 3 for the ps3.

Others seem to think a psp version.[/QUOTE]

In the IGN article I posted in one of these pages, the Sony rep confirmed that it wasn't PSP related...but yet he said that fans of God of War 1 would be happy....so yeah. No idea.

Also in the screenshot kotaku provided, you can see "C" and "H"

My guess is God of War 3: Chains of Retribution. or Chains of Chaos. Something with chains.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Also in the screenshot kotaku provided, you can see "C" and "H"

My guess is God of War 3: Chains of Retribution. or Chains of Chaos. Something with chains.[/quote] Chronos begins with CH too.

could be some kind of unlockable secret for god of war 1 you know. why else say fans of god of war 1 will be happy. thatd be cool if it was maybe they have a code to allow you to wear those magic armors in god mode. id love to wear ares armor in god mode. remember that naboo fighter code in that n64 star wars game. nwo that shit was awesome and very well hidden.

um...anybody know how to get past the Island of Rhodes history screen? lol
ign said there were some letters hidden in the background that we're supposed to spell "Kratos" out with, but I can't see shit. All I see is a greek letter or something that looks like a trident on a column on the left, and an I on the right, and I can't even click on those. Everything else is covered up by the text...

--
well I found the K, but I could barely see that shit. I don't have a bright enough setting on my monitor for this lol

--
ok nevermind found all of it after jackin the gamma up the ass through my display drivers lol

--
funny thing about the "HD" mode is that i can run it through my s-video. It just kind of shrinks the vertical down a little bit so the jaggies don't appear so obvious, but they're still there.

Since the discovery of "HD Mode," I have decided to start a game on Titan Mode. Has anyone else attempted this? I quickly discovered it is not for the faint of heart. o_O After about 10 tries on Theseus I decided to call it a night.

And this is coming from someone who beat GoW1 on God Mode...

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Since the discovery of "HD Mode," I have decided to start a game on Titan Mode. Has anyone else attempted this? I quickly discovered it is not for the faint of heart. o_O After about 10 tries on Theseus I decided to call it a night.

And this is coming from someone who beat GoW1 on God Mode...[/quote]

titan mode is pure hell on earth. youll definetly get better at the game playing it but youll end up breaking your ps2 in the long run from anger. im stuck at that section before you fight the last sister of fate where you go through all those diff sets of enemy types and i hate it. it took me maybe 3 or 4 days to beat god of war 2 on god mode and ive been stuck at this one part for damn near 5 or 6 days now.

i got some help on the gamefaqs board someone pointed me to a run a guy did named shinobier on youtube where he used the hammer to get through that section easier and its helped but im still getting demolished. so i can only imagine how cheap fighting zeus on titan mode will be.

there's a fine line between a challenge and frustration, and I tend to avoid all that all together lol. Some may call that sucking hard, but I just call it less stress (I curse at tennis games even, so I can only imagine how much I'd want to break my system on titan mode) lol

I didn't notice much difference at all.

Actually the TV didn't either. It was still outputting it @ 720x480i..........................

HD mode my ass. At least I got to see puple text?

[quote name='imascrub']there's a fine line between a challenge and frustration, and I tend to avoid all that all together lol. Some may call that sucking hard, but I just call it less stress (I curse at tennis games even, so I can only imagine how much I'd want to break my system on titan mode) lol[/QUOTE]

it is just plain frustration in this game. it forces you into doing the same moves over and over since most of the longer combos are useless and you'll get jumped if you try any of them.

[quote name='Apossum']it is just plain frustration in this game. it forces you into doing the same moves over and over since most of the longer combos are useless and you'll get jumped if you try any of them.[/QUOTE]

So now that you've had a chance to play as much of the game as you probably will, would you say it's more of the same in that it's like DMC-lite? As in, could I skip this and not feel like I'm missing much with options like Ninja Gaiden and DMC out there?

So apparently the new GoW game has been named...

Me thinks whoever IGN talked to lied. My guess is that this is the title of the PSP game.....forcing me to re-buy a PSP.

hell yes i finally beat that evil marathon of enemies before the last sister of fate and on titan mode to boot!!!!!!!!! now al i have to do is beat zeus ...... but he seems easy now after beating that so its cool. playing on titan mode really does make you play better too bad all those combos are worthless though. and mad props to shinobier for showing me the usefulness of the hammer.

[quote name='Chacrana']So now that you've had a chance to play as much of the game as you probably will, would you say it's more of the same in that it's like DMC-lite? As in, could I skip this and not feel like I'm missing much with options like Ninja Gaiden and DMC out there?[/quote]

Granted I haven't played ninja gaiden before, but seeing it before makes me think that DMC and Ninja Gaiden have more in common than GoW does with either of those two games. GoW1 and 2 really are truly great games, and there are some gameplay elements that just make the game the blast that it is to play over other games. I especially enjoyed using the golden fleece parry attack. It's just got the right amount of style and playability that's easy for casual gamers to get into, which also has a hardcore mode for you folks who like to torture yourselves. The whole story and epic mythos surrounding the game is also great. To me, this game is one of those games that just makes you think "man...this is gonna be fuckin epic"

One thing that turned me away from the DMC games is that they usually come with a challenge even on the normal settings, and like I said before, I tend to avoid the challenge and frustration altogether. It really puts off the casual gamers like me who would rather spend time advancing in the game rather than trying to beat the same area of a stage after dying 10 times in a row.

[quote name='Chacrana']So now that you've had a chance to play as much of the game as you probably will, would you say it's more of the same in that it's like DMC-lite? As in, could I skip this and not feel like I'm missing much with options like Ninja Gaiden and DMC out there?[/QUOTE]

Gasp. DMC-lite? I prefer GoW in almost every way....Story, gameplay, graphics, music, and feel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DMC3 a lot, but that game was just hard for the sake of being hard. I got to around mission 15, and went through hours upon hours of frustration before finally saying "it's not worth it".

GoW though, particularly GoW2 which kicks GoW1's ass if you ask me (and I LOVED GoW1) has such an epic feel to it. Like imascrub said, when you're playing the game, you literally can't help but marvel at the visuals and the audio. GoW 2 and Shadow of Colossus are the only 2 games that I can think of that have given me chills because of the audio/visual stimulation they've given me.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gasp. DMC-lite? I prefer GoW in almost every way....Story, gameplay, graphics, music, and feel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DMC3 a lot, but that game was just hard for the sake of being hard. I got to around mission 15, and went through hours upon hours of frustration before finally saying "it's not worth it".

GoW though, particularly GoW2 which kicks GoW1's ass if you ask me (and I LOVED GoW1) has such an epic feel to it. Like imascrub said, when you're playing the game, you literally can't help but marvel at the visuals and the audio. GoW 2 and Shadow of Colossus are the only 2 games that I can think of that have given me chills because of the audio/visual stimulation they've given me.[/quote]

yeah the colossi battles in shadow of the colossus are the kind of things that zelda twilight princess could have used to make it a better game. you compare that dragon boss battles in zelda to the sand dragon in shadow of the colossus and its no contest shadow was and is one of the best games around and it puts zelda to shame. and whats worse with all the extra weapons and stuff you get in zelda shadow has what like 2 weapons to start out with and thats all you need and the game is still lightyears beyond twilight princess.

thats why the ps2 stands out and stood out as a groundbreaking system. they had alot of the same games as other systems but the games they had exclusively alot fo times took gaming to new levels. and even for those of us who have had ps2s for a while theres still plenty of games to play to this date.

After about 30 attempts to beat Theseus on Titan Mode, I finally beat him. What a pain in the ass. Made some good progress, as I'm just past where you get the Spear of Destiny. It's rather rewarding to get your ass handed to you over and over and over and over, only finally to defeat whoever was giving you shit. Granted, this isn't without a fair amount of yelling and language that would make a sailor blush. I can't wait for the sisters.......

[quote name='Chacrana']So now that you've had a chance to play as much of the game as you probably will, would you say it's more of the same in that it's like DMC-lite? As in, could I skip this and not feel like I'm missing much with options like Ninja Gaiden and DMC out there?[/QUOTE]

I can't see how it's "DMC-Lite", maybe "DMC, but with better level design, story and gameplay". As for Ninja Gaiden, I like the game and everything, but the hardcore posers blow this game way out of perportion.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']After about 30 attempts to beat Theseus on Titan Mode, I finally beat him. What a pain in the ass. Made some good progress, as I'm just past where you get the Spear of Destiny. It's rather rewarding to get your ass handed to you over and over and over and over, only finally to defeat whoever was giving you shit. Granted, this isn't without a fair amount of yelling and language that would make a sailor blush. I can't wait for the sisters.......[/QUOTE] The sisters were easier than Theseus, by far. But I only played on normal.

bread's done
Back