The Official God Of War II Thread -Reviews/Help/Discussion/Spoilers

[quote name='asianxcore']Wow the game just got ultra-tedious and annoying...

I'm at the part where you have to pull the elevator, while killing all those skeleton warriors. I get to the bottom and I get stuck trying to open the door quickly, and killing the last of the enemies

Lame[/QUOTE]

use quake, it helps =p. Wasnt that hard, only took 2 tries

[quote name='Zoglog']use quake, it helps =p. Wasnt that hard, only took 2 tries[/quote]

yeah took me 2 tries. Just kill the skeletons before you try to open the door.

I'm at the part where you have to pull the elevator, while killing all those skeleton warriors. I get to the bottom and I get stuck trying to open the door quickly, and killing the last of the enemies

Oh well.[/quote]

just spam the hell out of the lightning attack. if you've got it powered up all the way, doing it twice kills them relatively quickly. leaves plenty of time to shift the chain/open the door.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. I hadn't gotten that pissed off at a videogame in awhile. Just use the shock thing over and over and over in combination with the L1 + Square combo I've found out did the job pretty well at that section.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I don't how they could make a new game on the PS2, they already are pushing it to it's limits. However, I absolutely love the game, I am 85% through, and can't wait to finish it. Some of the boss fights are just amazing and the whole Epic feel to it is awesome.[/QUOTE]
Well I expected the gameplay to be more different.

A lot of enemies are the same, you kill said enemies in the same way, it still relies heavily on the button pressing minigames to kill the stronger enemies and bosses. Not to mention the combat is just "meh".

What about the "other warrior" they talk about in the Fate of the Titan video on GoW1? Any chance it's a spin off game starring that dude? What if it's time release content, a la Nights? Haha ok not likely the second but the first is a possibility. If you haven't seen the ending, beat GoW on GOD difficulty or YouTube "Fate of the Titan". (Sorry if this was already suggested.)

[quote name='whoknows']Well I expected the gameplay to be more different.

A lot of enemies are the same, you kill said enemies in the same way, it still relies heavily on the button pressing minigames to kill the stronger enemies and bosses. Not to mention the combat is just "meh".[/quote]

yeah near the end i felt that way some mainly due to being cheap shotted so often on god mode. even when youre damn good at the game when they throw tons of enemies at you its still hard to come out of battles wihtout too much damage at times. im still cursing that gauntlet you have to go through before the last fate i hate shit like that but eh now im up in the air on whether the games worth playing again on titan mode. but the main annoying thing in the game combat wise is the circular motion context sensitive moves.

and as far as the island of rhodes stuff goes i think its unlockable content that you have to do button codes to get. itd be cool though if you got t unlock a few secret levels though or maybe a mini god of war movie using the game engine. heres to hoping they do a god of war game set in the future and you can play as a descendant of kratos.

I just beat God of War II. and Man I loved this game. The ending was so much more challenging and rewarding than the first one. Overall, I liked this one better than the first one, and lamenting that I have to wait 3 years for the next installment.

Thanks for all the suggestions on beating that annoying section.

I just finished up the game. Overall I liked this game a lot more than the first. The final boss battle was definitely more fun than the end of the first.

I thought the ending was pretty cool. Not sure though how they would weave a third game out of it though.

[quote name='asianxcore']Thanks for all the suggestions on beating that annoying section.

I just finished up the game. Overall I liked this game a lot more than the first. The final boss battle was definitely more fun than the end of the first.

I thought the ending was pretty cool. Not sure though how they would weave a third game out of it though.[/QUOTE]

What I got out of the ending was that Kratos was going to kill each of the gods one by one, before finally facing off against Zeus again. I mean, he vowed to bring down Olympus and the "petty gods." An entire game where you go hunting for gods?.....sounds incredible.

I personally CANNOT wait for a 3rd one. It's pretty much the only game I'd buy a PS3 for now.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
What I got out of the ending was that Kratos was going to kill each of the gods one by one, before finally facing off against Zeus again. I mean, he vowed to bring down Olympus and the "petty gods." An entire game where you go hunting for gods?.....sounds incredible.
[/quote]Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus with context commands. I might actually buy it then if all the crappy beat-em-up hordes are removed.

quick question

I have the game rented and just wondering how much longer I have.
I'm at the part after Atlas where you get into the Palace of the Fates, I'm at like the first save point in there.

Thanks

[quote name='jimfoley16']quick question

I have the game rented and just wondering how much longer I have.
I'm at the part after Atlas where you get into the Palace of the Fates, I'm at like the first save point in there.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Like 4 more hours. It's the part where you can make the statue face blow wind right?

[quote name='zewone']Like 4 more hours. It's the part where you can make the statue face blow wind right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks for the heads-up. Just finished the game, actually. Great, great game with an awesome ending.

I found this ridicilous post on the GoW2 message board on Gamefaqs (I was looking up what all the unlockables were. Also, just a head's up, it does contain some spoilers so I tagged it)
i think the relly question is if the titans look like there going to beat the crap out of the gods how are the guys at sony going make God of War 3 if kratos has everyting going for him are the Titans going to betray him that would be a lite predictable are will Zeus and the other gods findind a way to get rid of the other Titans likes by sainding them to hade in some way and stealing back the blade of Olympus and taking Kratos power because in all the god of war you starte with lev 1 blades of chaos or Athenas and no magic so what will they come up with that wont be ot predictable like an other backstabing from Kratos allies

[quote name='jimfoley16']Yeah thanks for the heads-up. Just finished the game, actually. Great, great game with an awesome ending.

I found this ridicilous post on the GoW2 message board on Gamefaqs (I was looking up what all the unlockables were. Also, just a head's up, it does contain some spoilers so I tagged it)
i think the relly question is if the titans look like there going to beat the crap out of the gods how are the guys at sony going make God of War 3 if kratos has everyting going for him are the Titans going to betray him that would be a lite predictable are will Zeus and the other gods findind a way to get rid of the other Titans likes by sainding them to hade in some way and stealing back the blade of Olympus and taking Kratos power because in all the god of war you starte with lev 1 blades of chaos or Athenas and no magic so what will they come up with that wont be ot predictable like an other backstabing from Kratos allies
[/QUOTE]

LOL. That seriously was hilarious.

eh theyll just pull a metroid and have something happen to him which will drain all of his powers again and you will start from scratch again. maybe the titans will betray him take his powers and then use the sword and the owers he took from the other titans against zeus. gaia will either take the powers for herself or take them and give them to a newly freed chronos.

but aside from that i can wait to see more heros and legends from greek mythology as well as monsters.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Yeah thanks for the heads-up. Just finished the game, actually. Great, great game with an awesome ending.

[/quote] three words: father son kameahmaha

I can't believe they put that stupid fish costume from the G.A.P. votes in. I know it won the "top 3" vote but I honestly didn't think it would make it into the game.

[quote name='Surferflames']I can't believe they put that stupid fish costume from the G.A.P. votes in. I know it won the "top 3" vote but I honestly didn't think it would make it into the game.[/QUOTE]

That thing makes me laugh. I remember not voting for it because the actual drawing looked so stupid, but in-game it looks pretty good. I especially like how they replaced the Blades of Chaos with fish hooks.

I beat the game. I like it, but I think the first one was better. The second game just has too many damn puzzles and there are too many times when it isn't clear what you should do to get past certain areas.

I'm finding it very difficult to get absorbed into this game. I've only just now gotten the gorgon head. It's still *pretty good* though and I'm enjoying playing through slowly, like zelda.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm finding it very difficult to get absorbed into this game. I've only just now gotten the gorgon head. It's still *pretty good* though and I'm enjoying playing through slowly, like zelda.[/quote]

playing it on titan mode quickly kills that joy. i hate titan mode with a passion because its freakin cheap. i dont mind more challenging enemies or even more on screen but when each hit takes off so much energy skill tends to go out the window in some fights. i dont even want to get into how many times thesius killed me and now that im fighting the barbarian im hating that too.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm finding it very difficult to get absorbed into this game. I've only just now gotten the gorgon head. It's still *pretty good* though and I'm enjoying playing through slowly, like zelda.[/QUOTE]

You're finding it slow? Hmm. I had the exact opposite effect. After about 2 hours I was like "Why the fuck didn't Zelda have this pacing?"

I loved GoWII. I think it was harder than the first, but I don't mind a challenge. The story was great, and it's hard to believe they got those graphics out of the PS2. Imagine what they'll be able to do on the PS3.
The ending really through me off, can't wait for GoWIII. I hope that the Island of Rhoades website is going to tell us about III.

finished it about an hour and holy shit was that game amazing. It's like the fucking awesomeness of the first one kicked into high gear. I loved the first one, and this one is so much better. Especially the non-cheap boss battle at the end. totally awesome.

Sold mine off without finishing it, and I don't regret it. This game felt more like an expansion pack than a new game. Oh well, they tried and it looks like a bunch of you are enjoying it so thats good.

I'll just go back to playing something I enjoy a lot more than I did GoW2 like
Sonic for PS3 :D

[quote name='whoknows']I'll just go back to playing something I enjoy a lot more than I did GoW2 like
Sonic for PS3 :D
[/quote]Crap, that's better than anything I could ever say to diss GoW.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Crap, that's better than anything I could ever say to diss GoW.[/QUOTE]
I'm probably just bitter because I was disappointed by it and I really really wanted to like it.

And for the record
I really do like the PS3/360 Sonic game :p

Was the second challenge hard for anyone else to get Titan ranking? I have trouble finishing it much less get that high :cry:

When you do get Titan ranking, the ultimate reward, Arena of Fate, sucks. Good for infinite red orbs and cyc eye balls...thats it.

I am so gald I sold it as soon as I beat every thing. prices on ebay are now bottoming out on the game. Too short, and no real replay value will do that.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What countdown?[/quote]New website and countdown timer!!!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/775/775375p1.html

www.islandofrhodes.org

18 days left...Read the IGN article, a Sony rep drops a a tiny hint which really doesn't amount to anything.

Anyone have guesses? The rep mentions that it isn't related to the upcoming PSP game so yeah....My guess is a movie deal or perhaps some other kind of licensing deal. Or my other guess is a deluxe limited edition version of the first God of War which includes the completed "lost levels", fixed gameplay mechanics and maybe some extra cut scenes.

I copied and pasted someones post

[quote name='snakelda']New website and countdown timer!!!

www.islandofrhodes.org

18 days left...Read the IGN article, a Sony rep drops a a tiny hint which really doesn't amount to anything.

Anyone have guesses? The rep mentions that it isn't related to the upcoming PSP game so yeah....My guess is a movie deal or perhaps some other kind of licensing deal. Or my other guess is a deluxe limited edition version of the first God of War which includes the completed "lost levels", fixed gameplay mechanics and maybe some extra cut scenes.

I copied and pasted someones post[/quote]

Thanks. :)

If they gave the orignial God of War a makeover, ala Ninja Gaiden Black, that would be interesting indeed.

[quote name='snakelda']New website and countdown timer!!!

www.islandofrhodes.org

I copied and pasted someones post[/QUOTE]

I believe I'll take credit for that... =p

Dumb question i know, but I am wanting to get GOW 1, and wondered the better version to get: Regular/Greatest Hits or is there no difference?

56 mins.....hopefully it is something decent

EDIT: Ok....the timer went down to zero now it shows having 2 days left :whistle2:k

[quote name='AK85']56 mins.....hopefully it is something decent

EDIT: Ok....the timer went down to zero now it shows having 2 days left :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

yea this is quite the way :roll:

When the countdown hits zero, it sets itself back to a 2 day countdown, so don't stay up waiting for the countdown to end.

bread's done
Back