The Official Guitar Hero II Thread (80's Edition Confirmed w/initial tracklist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Updated the OP with the new addition and a new rumor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

It would be awesome if that Rage Against The Machine rumor turned out to be true. Anything off the self-titled CD or Evil Empire is fine with me :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Updated the OP with the new addition and a new rumor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for maintaining this list/thread! One suggestion, though: the dark blue text on the dark gray background is very hard to read. Can you change it to a brighter color?

Also, man it sucks that some of these have to be covers. Axl Rose has a very unique voice, and whoever did the cover didn't really even come close. Not that anyone other than Axl could have done better, but still.

[quote name='Backlash']Also, man it sucks that some of these have to be covers. Axl Rose has a very unique voice, and whoever did the cover didn't really even come close. Not that anyone other than Axl could have done better, but still.[/quote]
Unless the band is willing to lend Harmonix the original recording of the track, they have to cover it. Supposedly, GHII will have a lot of original recordings for the game since bands have seen how popular the game is and are willing to help out. I've never really had any problem with the covers on GH, so it doesn't really bother me.

As for the text, I just copying over from the posting in the official forming, so I'll see what I can do.

I'll be the first to post this:

Freebird was in the OTHER (Official Movie 2) video on Gamespot, on the same page.

Wahoo! I didn't think they'd actually announce this.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarhero2/media.html

Check out the latest video to see the latest addition!

Gun N Roses - Sweet Child of Mine

Great choice![/quote]
Check that link again for another video announcement. This time it's one of the rumored songs.

Lynyrd Skynrd - Freebird
Great choice. I'm wondering if there will be daily announcements for the rest of the week with the two announcement videos already this week.

I was thinking about how the cover band sometimes sucks, which got me thinking...Why doesn't RedOctane have open auditions for cover bands for the songs themselves?

Seems like a good idea to me. It could get the band a little exposure in what is sure to be a big seller.

Then we could find bands that devote themselves to covering the big name bands and maybe giving us a truer sound.

I dunno. Just a thought.

[quote name='Strell']I was thinking about how the cover band sometimes sucks, which got me thinking...Why doesn't RedOctane have open auditions for cover bands for the songs themselves?

Seems like a good idea to me. It could get the band a little exposure in what is sure to be a big seller.

Then we could find bands that devote themselves to covering the big name bands and maybe giving us a truer sound.

I dunno. Just a thought.[/quote]
Sounds like that would require more time, work, and money than what they do now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sounds like that would require more time, work, and money than what they do now.[/QUOTE]

RedOctane "Who wants to be a Cover Hero?" Contest.

Send in your shit.

We put it in the game.

Simple?

Just sayin'.

[quote name='Strell']RedOctane "Who wants to be a Cover Hero?" Contest.

Send in your shit.

We put it in the game.

Simple?

Just sayin'.[/quote]
It's more complicated than just picking the winner out of a hat, as you'd have a ton of entries per song for the dozens they'll have in the game. Just leave it to the professionals they use rather than dealing with dozens of cover bands and this whole process that they'd have to go through.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I'll be the first to post this:

Freebird was in the OTHER (Official Movie 2) video on Gamespot, on the same page.

Wahoo! I didn't think they'd actually announce this.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back from the dead, biatch. :)

Thanks for the news. Nice to see the rumor was true.

[quote name='asianxcore']Welcome back from the dead, biatch. :)

Thanks for the news. Nice to see the rumor was true.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for noticing, haha.

I wonder just how long Freebird will be in the game? If memory serves, that song is quite...uh, lengthy.

We may have 12 more confirmed tracks here. Looks like there's a new rumor going around that the October EGM confirms some more songs:

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
The Police - Message in a Bottle
The Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight
Heart - Crazy On You
Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117173&page=4

Anyone have the newest EGM and can confirm this?

[quote name='Buster Rod G']Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight[/QUOTE]

FUH-HUH-HUH-HUK Y-E-A-H!

Aw, man, they better get the vocalist to hit that high note properly.

The rest of the list looks phenomenal. Classic Heart? Check, even if 'taint "Barracuda." Stones? Check. Nirvana? Well, I'm in the minority for not caring less, so check.

I'm gonna go preorder this motherfucker.

Well, looks like that list is official; 1up's confirmed it: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153382

Also, we now have the official box art:
gh2bundle-contents.jpg

GH2-Coversheet-NFR.jpg

The song list(for the most part) just gets better and better

I can't fucking wait!

This game can't come out soon enough. Damn... and that guitar looks awesome... I'll prolly buy it just so I can play two player.

Some nice additions to the song list. I'm happy to see both Alice in Chains and Lamb of God on there.

I like the box art. Nice to see that they are finally using that Cherry Red guitar for good now. I am still kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it at the Sony Store in San Francisco.

[quote name='Buster Rod G']Alice in Chains - Them Bones[/QUOTE] Yessssssssssssss. I think this was one of my requests.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Omfg, my dream has come true..

Playing Crazy On You on Expert, I cannot fucking wait.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Miserlou = GH2's "Bark at the Moon."

[quote name='mykevermin']My guess is that Miserlou = GH2's "Bark at the Moon."[/QUOTE]

actually I think it's the theme song to Pulp Fiction.

at least that is what I got from search on You Tube :)

Oh, for fuck's sake.

I know what Miserlou is.

Just listening to the song, or really any Dick Dale for that matter, leads one to the obvious conclusion that it will easily be one of the hardest tracks in the game.

I dunno, these new songs will be fun to play I thnk, but there's nothing I'm really excited about here...luckily we've got half the tracks to find out still, eh?

I'll feel kind of bad not using the original controller, but mine's in seriously poor condition now. It's ALMOST unplayable, so I think I need a new one. Ah well, Cherry Red it is (and if they announce a special version of THAT down the road, I'm going to lose it).

Speaking of Guitar Hero, I won the wireless guitar from Gamespot's On the Spot show. It was fucking weird seeing my name show up and hearing that I won shit.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, for fuck's sake.

I know what Miserlou is.

Just listening to the song, or really any Dick Dale for that matter, leads one to the obvious conclusion that it will easily be one of the hardest tracks in the game.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I read your post wrong. MY BAD..

Also congrats Chacrana for winning the wireless GH guitar.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Anyone get the new EGM (with GH2 on the cover) yet?[/quote]
Just got mine five minutes ago, two copies actually. The cover's strange just from my first glance at it (think iPod + Guitar Hero + the color Pink).

Interesting polls in the big GHII feature:

Which band that didn't make the cut would you like in the game?

Led Zeppelin - 20%
Metallica - 16%
AC/DC - 13%
Weezer - 12%
The Beatles - 11%
Slayer - 10%
The White Stripes - 8%
U2 - 5%
Green Day - 3%
AFI - 2%

Which band are you most glad didn't make the cut?

Fall Out Boy - 24%
Limp Bizkit - 21%
Creed - 20%
Nickelback - 19%
Coldplay - 5%
Spin Doctors - 4%
Stryper - 2%
Goo Goo Dolls - 2%
Crash Test Dummies - 2%
Styx - 1%

One song described in the feature:

Today's tune, he says, is the final boss [a metaphorical boss]. "You'll know it when it arrives," he says, unable to reveal the name of this monster. "This is a major, major guitar ass-kicker. It has no less than 11 guitar solos in it."
What could that be? :whistle2:k

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Interesting polls in the big GHII feature:

Which band that didn't make the cut would you like in the game?

Led Zeppelin - 20%
Metallica - 16%
AC/DC - 13%
Weezer - 12%
The Beatles - 11%
Slayer - 10%
The White Stripes - 8%
U2 - 5%
Green Day - 3%
AFI - 2%

Which band are you most glad didn't make the cut?

Fall Out Boy - 24%
Limp Bizkit - 21%
Creed - 20%
Nickelback - 19%
Coldplay - 5%
Spin Doctors - 4%
Stryper - 2%
Goo Goo Dolls - 2%
Crash Test Dummies - 2%
Styx - 1%

One song described in the feature:

What could that be? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Inagotadavita (or however the fuck its spelled)?

That would be Ted Nugent - Stranglehold. Actually, I dunno. I have no idea. But I can't wait to get my ass kicked by it. This game can't come out soon enough.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Inagotadavita (or however the fuck its spelled)?[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

I was going to say the same thing.

Also, please don't put a Zepplin song in there. 'Cuz you know it will be either Stairway or Over the Hills, and I just don't need punk bitches fucking that stuff up.

I'd like a Green Day song, if it were one of their lesser known titles, but I doubt that'll happen, which is fine with me.

White Stripes would be fun, but again, I don't care if they don't show up.

Beatles won't show up. There's too much legality baggage there.

Weezer would kickass. Any one of their earlier songs.

Oh yeah, Strell, regarding your little beef with the covers being off for some of the songs, they kind of explain that in this feature, as well.

But as fanatical as Henderson and Wavegroup are about capturing each song's sound--right down to maintaining a database of soundalike vocalists for every famous lead singer--it's a little-known fact that these tunes suffer a small degree of hi-fi infidelity. "Some bands don't want to be emulated perfectly," explains Tam. "It's just in our contracts [with them]."

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Oh yeah, Strell, regarding your little beef with the covers being off for some of the songs, they kind of explain that in this feature, as well.[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate that, and can understand it from both ends (GH vs actual bands). I like the fact that it has been said publicly mostly.

[quote name='Strell']I can appreciate that, and can understand it from both ends (GH vs actual bands). I like the fact that it has been said publicly mostly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Personally, this would be my favorite game of all time if they put Master of Puppets in...fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida...anyone who chooses this at (for example) a party or something is automatically a dick. I can't wait.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Agreed.

Personally, this would be my favorite game of all time if they put Master of Puppets in...fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida...anyone who chooses this at (for example) a party or something is automatically a dick. I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

I think playing In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida would either make me go blind or instantly cripple both my hands upon completion.

[quote name='gofishn']I think playing In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida would either make me go blind or instantly cripple both my hands upon completion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I have a problem with not blinking while I play, especially on the faster songs, and my contacts are fooked up and dried out by the end of some of the longer songs. This one would definitely blind me.

[quote name='Backlash']Yeah. I have a problem with not blinking while I play, especially on the faster songs, and my contacts are fooked up and dried out by the end of some of the longer songs. This one would definitely blind me.[/QUOTE]

You can blink when you're dead.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Agreed.

As for In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida...anyone who chooses this at (for example) a party or something is automatically a dick. I can't wait.[/quote]
What about War Pigs? That's about 9 minutes long.

I'm hoping that the profanity will make it in this time... though I recall that Sum 41's Fat Lip had "shit" censored. 16 censored lines would be extremely noticeable though.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm hoping that the profanity will make it in this time... though I recall that Sum 41's Fat Lip had "shit" censored. 16 censored lines would be extremely noticeable though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Lamb of God's "Laid To Rest" was an interesting choice, simply because the word "fuck" shows up a couple times. Curious to see what they'll do with it.

Dick Dale? 'bout time they introduce surf rock into the series.

[quote name='asianxcore']Same here. Lamb of God's "Laid To Rest" was an interesting choice, simply because the word "fuck" shows up a couple times. Curious to see what they'll do with it.[/quote]
It's a game for players of all ages, so I'm thinking it'll be censored for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back