The Official Guitar Hero II Thread (80's Edition Confirmed w/initial tracklist!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Z-Saber']When I say "laggy," I don't mean the Xbox is dropping frames (though that did actually happen at one point). I mean the A/V sync isn't perfect. The audio is ahead of the TV because the TV, being an LCD, has a slow response time. It's a problem completely caused by the TV, not the 360. Calibration is supposed to help, but for some reason, I completely suck after calibrating it, both on the PS2 and 360. Thing is, I'm not exactly awesome when it's lagging and not calibrated.

My TV (a Toshiba DLP) has a very slight amount of lag and doesn't need to be calibrated. I also play it regularly on a normal CRT TV. The 360 version would be fine for me in either case since the lag on the DLP would likely be the same as the PS2 version and it shouldn't have any lag on the CRT.[/quote]

I cant believe they didnt fix that. I have the exact model they use for the 360 displays, and if the 360 version plays anything like how the PS2 version plays on it, I wont even bother with it. I have to hit the frets and strum slightly ahead of pace because of the slow response. Makes me wish I hadnt given away my older tube TV.

If any of you play custom songs, check out my custom of It Dwells In Me by All That Remains. I worked hard on it, and I think it's a great chart. It's 99.9% in sync and I think I placed all the notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4mdrGmFWrg

And quick question, how do I embed youtube videos here? I googled and I have to enable the tags, but I can't find where to go to do that.

[quote name='chaarlieee']If any of you play custom songs, check out my custom of It Dwells In Me by All That Remains. I worked hard on it, and I think it's a great chart. It's 99.9% in sync and I think I placed all the notes.

And quick question, how do I embed youtube videos here? I googled and I have to enable the tags, but I can't find where to go to do that.[/quote][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4mdrGmFWrg[/media]

Just put the YouTube link address between the [media][/ media] tags, which there's a blue M icon either above the quick or advance post boxes.

Found this video on youtube this morning. Highlights include playing behind his head. Also, make sure you watch the end of the song. :cool:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3hZXfNZOE[/MEDIA]

did u guys see an 8-year old playing Jordan on expert?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45P-r4CKGIA[/media]

i can never beat that song along with six.

[quote name='chaarlieee']If any of you play custom songs, check out my custom of It Dwells In Me by All That Remains. I worked hard on it, and I think it's a great chart. It's 99.9% in sync and I think I placed all the notes.

And quick question, how do I embed youtube videos here? I googled and I have to enable the tags, but I can't find where to go to do that.[/quote]
Nice job. I actually bought their album after i played thru GH2 - but forgot they did the bonus song. So when i got to that track i was like "ooooooh yea!"

Thanks. Some jackass on youtube pointed out that the chart is slightly faster than the song, but that's been fixed and it's completely in sync now.

I'm working on a Trivium song right now. Almost finished but I have to fix some tempo issues.

I just found the perfect game to play with the guitar controller.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, Monkey Race DX

You use the whammy to move forward and that's it. You have to let the walls guide you since you can't turn at all.

Just thought I might as well post this here, but i went by Gamecrazy and I believe in their binder of preorders it said Guitar Hero: Rockin the 80's Edition should be out July 26th. It'll retail for $50 with game and $70 for game and guitar.

Just got this great news, and added the initial list to the OP, by email:
ACTIVISION PAYS HOMAGE WITH
GUITAR HERO: ROCKS THE 80s

Guitar Hero Fans to Get New Axe-Shredding Experience with Tracks from
Classic Era

SUNNYVALE, CA ­ May 10, 2007 ­ Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today
announced they will be paying homage to a classic rock era with Guitar
Hero: Rocks the 80s, available exclusively on the PlayStation®2 computer
entertainment system. After playing to mass audiences at sold out shows
around the world in Guitar Hero II, fans will once again be able to whip
out their Gibson-shaped SG guitar controllers and shred to their favorite
rock tracks, as the critically acclaimed franchise is scheduled to go on
another highly-anticipated world tour this summer.

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s will feature visually stunning retro rock venues
and hipster characters, unlockable guitars, intense game play modes, and
most importantly 30 awesome new songs to experience the ultimate rock star
fantasy. The initial list of finger-melting tracks includes:

* I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
* I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
* Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
* I Want Candy (as made famous by Bow Wow Wow)
* Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
* Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
* Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)

³The 80s features an amazing variety of rock genres from hair metal to punk
to new wave, and our dedicated Guitar Hero fans will definitely appreciate
the opportunity to play all the new and exciting content we¹ve added,² said
Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. ³As we delve deeper into the
history of rock, we¹ll continue to offer a fresh experience and even more
explosive tracks with the Guitar Hero franchise.²

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s, published by RedOctane® and developed by
Harmonix, will be available this summer for the PlayStation®2 computer
entertainment system. For more information, please visit the dedicated
community site www.guitarherogame.com.
It looks like we've got a few master recordings right off the bat, which I'm hoping grow by the time we get the full tracklist. For now, how about some speculation of what should be on there?

Also, I'm thinking that we should roll this thread over into a new thread for both Rock the 80's and GHIII. Sound good?

Holy fucking Awesome! Thanks for the news!

EDIT: Between a new PS2 exclusive game (for the moment, at least) and the absurd cost of the GH1 songs on the 360, this game may be the first that really, truly makes more sense to own on PS2 than 360. I'm gonna finish up what achievements I can and sell it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just got this great news, and added the initial list to the OP, by email:

It looks like we've got a few master recordings right off the bat, which I'm hoping grow by the time we get the full tracklist. For now, how about some speculation of what should be on there?

Also, I'm thinking that we should roll this thread over into a new thread for both Rock the 80's and GHIII. Sound good?[/QUOTE]

There's already at least one thread about 80s edition (with tracklist). Maybe just use that one? I don't think we need yet another new one. Although I think the other one is in the General forum.

[quote name='magiic']final countdown would be too cool, thats the ring tone on my phone :)[/quote] Oddly enough soon as I read your post I'm listening to it on my iTunes...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just got this great news, and added the initial list to the OP, by email:

Also, I'm thinking that we should roll this thread over into a new thread for both Rock the 80's and GHIII. Sound good?[/QUOTE]

Awesome, and I agree that it's time for a new thread devoted to the 80's edition.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just give me Final Countdown and some Slayer is all I ask for...[/quote]

Second the Slayer. War Ensemble would be cool.

Not exactly on topic, but related, does anyone know if GH3 will be on PS3/X360 only? A lot of articles seem to imply that, which I find disappointing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/guitarheroiii/index.html

PS2, Wii, PS3, 360, and a DS version early next year.[/quote]

Ah, cool. I think Rock Band was going to be PS3/Xbox360/Wii only then? I could've sworn so, anyway. What confuses me is I read that Harmonix said GH guitar controllers would work with Rock Band, but I guess they just meant the ones on Xbox 360? Oh, and whatever's coming out for Wii.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Is it safe to say that the 80's ps2 version will hit the 360 eventually as a stand alone product and not downloadable?[/quote]
I wouldn't say it's safe to assume, but it wouldn't be a surprise. It's an exclusive right now, so take that as you like.

By the way, the new thread is over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back