The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Regian']Luckily for her, Brazzers is hiring.[/QUOTE]

You say that like none of us would be caught dead watching it.....

YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195-580.gif

I found an interesting item in a Salvation Army store yesterday. A size XL WCW Security t-shirt. Anyone know if they actually sold these at the shirt stands or if these were only worn by the actual 'security' guys in the promotion?

I'm just curious, as it's the most offbeat wrestling shirt I've come across while checking out the thrifts before. I've seen everything from the requisite nWo shirts to Attitude Era SCSA ones to everything in between really. This was actually in gently used condition imo as opposed to some of the more popular 'star' shirts I've seen before.

The colors and form of that WCW Monday Jericho shirt (and Nitro logo, itself, of course) are so appealing. They encapsulate a nugget of the '90s for me.

Damn you Bill Goldberg for ending Bret Hart's career. Hart vs. El Dandy was sure to be a classic the likes we have never ever seen before, but due to your carelessness we never got to see it.

You bastard.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This might be my favorite Bret Hart promo:

*snip*

I need to work "jam-up guy" into more conversations.[/QUOTE]

I read this before I watched the clip and I had my own idea of how "jam-up guy" should be used. Bret did not use it in the way that I thought it would sound.

Dandy12.JPG

These threads always need more El Dandy!

Caught some of Saturday Morning Slam. I think it's fine for kids and giving them a little exposure to the past by referencing the good (Rude, Perfect, The Model) and the wrestlecrap (The Goon, Abe Knuckleball Schwartz) in some of the segments, might make them realize there was wrestling before Cena and maybe make them more interested in learning more about it.

Isn't that only proof that they had him play the part, not necessarily that he would end up being the guy in the final reveal?

[quote name='JP']Isn't that only proof that they had him play the part, not necessarily that he would end up being the guy in the final reveal?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Jeff Jarrett
is the most logical choice.
While people are sick of seeing him, I feel that it could be highly entertaining. It would be a wise angle, what with TNA being "taken" from him.

I think if the same were done with other videos, it would reveal that
D'Lo Brown and Samoa Joe
are members of Aces & Eights, and that's just highly unlikely.

This is a spoiler-free speculation, but I have a feeling that Garrett Bischoff is gonna join Aces, based on his reaction to Hulk cutting him from the Television Title scene.

I cant help but laugh at Hogan and Sting's voices in that video. Damn munchkin style. Also, if you do not instantly think Ned Beaty and Deliverance when Park squeals then you need to go check out that scene again.

I think Bischoff is doing it like when Ole Anderson played the Black Scorpion. Doubt it's actually him, but wouldn't be surprised. He has Vince-itis in that regard.

LMAO I felt like a little kid being tickled the moment I heard Hogan's voice. God damn is that hilarious.

[quote name='Spyder187']I cant help but laugh at Hogan and Sting's voices in that video. Damn munchkin style. Also, if you do not instantly think Ned Beaty and Deliverance when Park squeals then you need to go check out that scene again.[/QUOTE]

You mean Parks, right? Since TNA can't figure out if its Park or Parks. ;)

[quote name='Spyder187']I cant help but laugh at Hogan and Sting's voices in that video. Damn munchkin style.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Me too. Too bad WWE wouldn't give some of their programming the helium treatment like that. It might make it entertaining to watch for once.:whistle2:#

I think it's only on HuluPlus now officially. Unofficially, you should be able to find it on youtube.

[quote name='mitch079']I think it's only on HuluPlus now officially. Unofficially, you should be able to find it on youtube.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's lame/stupid. Guess Ill have to keep lookin for it when it starts then.

Love me some Norman Smiley!

[quote name='ced']Teaching the Big Wiggle and that dope scoop slam of his.[/QUOTE]

The Big Wiggle can not be taught. You can either do it or you can not.

Matt Borne did a pretty solid shoot interview discussing the Doink character and a lot of early '90s gossipy stuff. I'm admittedly lazy and won't link it, but Lords Of Pain posted about it - interesting to hear he was supposed to face Hogan at WMIX but Hogan refused because he was afraid that Borne would beat him up (apparently there was ba blood between Hogan and Borne's old partner Buzz Sawyer).

Another fun channel I found. Starting from the 3rd page (linked below) and going from back to front, It goes from the the full Birth of WWF Hulkamania MSG show, then it continues on with every episode of weekly TV, in order, that followed the Hogan title victory. The episode of All-Star Wrestling listed there from 1/28/84 is probably the best quality version of the non-overdubbed Hogan/Sheik match (meaning Eye of the Tiger theme for Hogan) I've seen. That's also the match I mentioned in the last thread where I thought Monsoon was in rare form and really good on commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEClassics4Real/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0&page=3

Also of note is a (unfortunately horribly out of sync) MSG show from 4/23/84 which features Backlund against Greg Valentine. I thought Backlund was already gone by then, so that was kind of interesting. Also funny to see the All-Star Wrestling intro with Backlund featured lasted for many weeks after the Hogan title win, with zero footage of Hogan in the intro. Within the first couple of weeks of the first MSG show you also get Slaughter's face turn to feud with the Sheik.

[quote name='JP']Isn't that only proof that they had him play the part, not necessarily that he would end up being the guy in the final reveal?[/QUOTE]

Vince voicing the "stalker" videos only for it to be revealed it was DDP comes to mind.

I would like to think, with Dave Lagana in control of something creative in TNA, that they're pulling one over on the marks. If so, that would be pretty impressive in the Internet savvy era. Almost never happens.

Irrelevant to the topic, I have been trying to find Kazuchika Okada's entrance music. Probably my favorite wrassler of 2012. He had incredible matches with Hirooki Goto and Hiroshi Tanahashi. (I have yet to watch his match with Tetsuya Naito.)

Here's a highlights montage from 2012. The full matches can be found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhW607FDQFA

[quote name='JJSP']Matt Borne did a pretty solid shoot interview discussing the Doink character and a lot of early '90s gossipy stuff. I'm admittedly lazy and won't link it, but Lords Of Pain posted about it - interesting to hear he was supposed to face Hogan at WMIX but Hogan refused because he was afraid that Borne would beat him up (apparently there was ba blood between Hogan and Borne's old partner Buzz Sawyer).[/QUOTE]

Doink v Hogan? WMIX? That sounds highly unlikely. I wouldn't say it was *never* discussed, but I'd be amazed if it was ever discussed with much seriousness.

Er, why are spoiler tags being used for the Aces & Eights storyline? Everything that is being said is pure speculation. Nothing has been revealed and since the episodes are now live, all we know has been shown to millions (ok hundreds of thousands) already.

[quote name='mogamer']Er, why are spoiler tags being used for the Aces & Eights storyline? Everything that is being said is pure speculation. Nothing has been revealed and since the episodes are now live, all we know has been shown to millions (ok hundreds of thousands) already.[/QUOTE]

06.jpg

[quote name='mogamer']Er, why are spoiler tags being used for the Aces & Eights storyline? Everything that is being said is pure speculation. Nothing has been revealed and since the episodes are now live, all we know has been shown to millions (ok hundreds of thousands) already.[/QUOTE]
+1

There's a lot of really awful and really good matches from WCW 1990. Literally nothing I'd consider competent or average, just either great or straight trash.

I rarely post in these threads, but last night I went to the Raw show in Topeka and it was pretty awesome (which is weird considering it was a smaller show). Main event ended up being CM Punk vs Show in a steel cage match for the title and it was pretty awesome, even though everyone knew Punk wasn't going to lose his title. Crowd pop for Big Show was insane! Not one person in that audience wasn't super happy to see him. After the show I tried to meet a few superstars, only ended up meeting Layla though and she was SUPER nice (she even called me cute)! It was great, even if it was a tiny event.

06.jpg

Wrasslormankey really needs to get ahold of this image and do some of the following to it:

Make his eyes roll.
Make the glasses slide up and down on his face.
Somehow make his head shake in the NO motion
Any and all combinations of the previous as well would be awesome.

I don't know why, but I zoomed in right on the loose thread on ol' P.N.'s tights and now I can't unsee it.

This is probably one of the coolest videos of all time. Punk band ANTiSEEN (and big wrestling fans) playing "Exploding Barbedwire Deathmatch" in front of a bunch of little kids on chic a go go.. These dudes just released an all wrestling album with songs dedicated to Terry Funk, Cactus Jack, Freebirds Badstreet USA cover, and a song called Invader 1 must die, which is about the guy who killed Bruiser Brody in Puerto Rico.

This is probably one of the coolest videos of all time. Punk band ANTiSEEN (and big wrestling fans) playing "Exploding Barbedwire Deathmatch" in front of a bunch of little kids on chic a go go.. These dudes just released an all wrestling album with songs dedicated to Terry Funk, Cactus Jack, Freebirds Badstreet USA cover, and a song called Invader 1 must die, which is about the guy who killed Bruiser Brody in Puerto Rico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u-_M6eBcMk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back