The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I notice the difference, because I got a lot of stuff in my game section and my friend's list is still maxed out. I remove some people, then it gets back to being full quickly. I guess I'm popular. :lol:[/quote]What's the max number of friends?

Basically, this update improved HDD access time, BC compatibility, and XMB memory usage.

When bringing up the XMB in Resistance, it's no longer all sluggish like it used to be, quite speedy.

BRING ON 2.0!!!

[quote name='gokou36']I don't know if this is new or old but I no longer have to press the stupid PS button whenever i'm logging in and out of a PS game.[/quote]

Noice. That was hella annoying to constantly have to hit the PS button every time you ended up wanting to play a PS2 game (which for me is every game I have played on the system up to this point).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Noice. That was hella annoying to constantly have to hit the PS button every time you ended up wanting to play a PS2 game (which for me is every game I have played on the system up to this point).[/quote]

yes it was, nice touch

What ever happened to the whole being able to listen to music,while your playing a game thing? I heard about it a while ago. That it was going to be in a certain update. :)

I'm glad that we no longer have to connect the controller to the PS3 via USB during/after an update. That was pretty inconvenient.

so no more having to connect ps controller during update and having to press PS button to sync controller while going in and out of a ps2 game (or is the ps2 thing still uncomfirmed)?

Well at least the update thing should please a good number of people. It was kind of annoying but there were some people out there that despised it with an unusual passion lol.

You didn't have to plug in the controller for the last update.

And you still have to press the PS button for PS2 games.
That's because the system kinda resets and turns into a PS2.

I bet with EE-less systems, this isn't the case, since they emulate the PS2 games.

Like I said, i don't know about PS1 games, maybe I always thought it was the same as PS2 games where you had to push the PS button.

But yeah you still do have to push that button going in and out of PS2 games. I don't know why you have to do it with PS2 games and not PS1 games.

[quote name='gokou36']Like I said, i don't know about PS1 games, maybe I always thought it was the same as PS2 games where you had to push the PS button.

But yeah you still do have to push that button going in and out of PS2 games. I don't know why you have to do it with PS2 games and not PS1 games.[/quote]
It may be that the PS1 games are played with software emulation, unlike the PS2's EE being included in the PS3.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Friend list Icons, or just like movie/pics icons? Both? I don't really have a lot of stuff on my PS3 I try to keep it pretty neat/cluster free. Probably why I didn't notice the speed difference. Ahh I didn't mean to come off like a dick or anything guys, I just didn't see any difference lol. Anyway thanks for letting me know what it did Nam, gunm and dallow.[/QUOTE]

It definitely loads pictures in the photo viewer a lot quicker. A couple of days ago, I was looking through a DVD of pics w/ over 2000 pics, so in one folder w/ about 500 pics, I was going through it, and it was definitely noticeable. But I'm sure most people are going through that many pics, like I do. But the difference was definitely noticeable for me.

[quote name='dallow']Oh, I'm hearing that the controllers finally auto shutoff after 30 mins.[/quote]

i hope thats true.. but would a system update be able to do that?

[quote name='guyver2077']i hope thats true.. but would a system update be able to do that?[/quote]
Yeah, the PS3 itself's the only way you can turn off the controller, so it would probably be easy to have it turn the controllers off after a certain amount of idle time.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Had my PS3 on all night after the update and the controller was still on when I woke up.[/quote]
I can confirm that the rumor of the update having the PS3 turn the controller off after 30 minutes being fake, as I have my folding set to turn on after 30 minutes of idle time and the controller didn't turn off after the folding started.

I am having major troubes signing into PSN. TVersity is cauing issues with PSN too. My warhawk arrives in mail on monday. I really hope that they have a 1.93 out by then.
~S

cleaver, snowsquirrel:

I've read reports on other sites that numerous users are having problems with network connectivity, including PSN issues. They hope to fix this in a quickfix update soon, I think.

yeah, I never really had any problems, until I installed tversity. I used to get signed out everytime I watched a movie.

The problem has kind of gone away in 1.92, as I can't sign into begin with :lol:

~S

[quote name='NamPaehc']1.93 will be "available in the next few days" which should help with the network errors from 1.92 according to the PSBlog.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping for "Themes" which showed up on the PSP today... the themes have alot of potential.

[quote name='venom275']1.93 is now up[/QUOTE]

anyone else having problems downloading it?

I wasn't having any of the network problems that this is supposed to fix, but I cant DL this update past 4%

I had the same problem, however, I downloaded it full after a couple of retries, and I installed the new firmware, no problems w/ my system. Trying out Tekken.

[quote name='NamPaehc']1.93 will be "available in the next few days" which should help with the network errors from 1.92 according to the PSBlog.[/quote]

Zhat iz eet. :drool:

[quote name='parKer']I also had a problem at 4% (80028E07). But, I retried 5 minutes later and it got past 4%. Also, once it hit the 60% mark, the download went crazy fast.

If you're having trouble with the server and really need this update to fix the 1.92 problems, here's the link to download it to your PC for transfer to the PS3.
http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2007_0913_9c95692d4dd1c1e17c2b0ce5dcaebba1/PS3UPDAT.PUP

The file size is 119 MB.[/quote]

Thanks for posting the direct link. I can only seem to get about 10MB of the file before that transfer bombs though :/ Owell I'll wait till tomorrow, I'm sure everybody is trying to update and the server is having issues at this point.

Connection's getting better now... if you're wanting to avoid the retry until it eventually downloads.... the direct link's got much better bandwidth as of 10pm Central...

[quote name='miah']Thanks for posting the direct link. I can only seem to get about 10MB of the file before that transfer bombs though :/ Owell I'll wait till tomorrow, I'm sure everybody is trying to update and the server is having issues at this point.[/QUOTE]

I am still getting that problem now. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is why I tell people, you don't want Sony to rush firmware out, because little problems like these can happen (which is why I want 2.0 to be done right, and not rushed just to make people happy).

The thing is that I had zero issues downloading the firmware, but I download all my firmware early in the morning (better connection).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This is why I tell people, you don't want Sony to rush firmware out, because little problems like these can happen (which is why I want 2.0 to be done right, and not rushed just to make people happy).

The thing is that I had zero issues downloading the firmware, but I download all my firmware early in the morning (better connection).[/QUOTE]
You're exactly right. It's all our fault.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You're exactly right. It's all our fault.[/quote]
lol, Mana needs to stop leaving these openings for people to take shots at

I had no problems downloading the update either, but I did have an issue with 1.6, where Dallow had to DL it for me and upload it to a site, since DLing from the Playstation site didn't give me the full update, only 90 MB out of 110 MB o_O

[quote name='chodax']I'm stillwaiting for my update that seperates my demos from full games =[[/quote]Word.

I want folders damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back