The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL. Time to see if this update did any good. I'm going to throw up a Warhawk server if people feel like playing a bunch of five-minute games. We'll see how long the mics last.

Was the "DivX VOD Registration Code" thing under System Settings always there? How about the ability to Reassign COntrollers and Enable/Disable Rumble under Accessory Settings? Cool. The Volume Control option while playing videos now goes from -4 to +4 instead of -2 and +2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Was the "DivX VOD Registration Code" thing under System Settings always there? How about the ability to Reassign COntrollers and Enable/Disable Rumble under Accessory Settings? Cool. The Volume Control option while playing videos now goes from -4 to +4 instead of -2 and +2.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Enable/Disable Rumble but the other two definitely weren't there. I'm not even sure what the DivX VOD Code does! Someone care to explain?

My favorite thing about this new update are the timer turn offs for the PS3 system and controller. I like conserving energy and saving money. :D

My biggest wish for a future update is 1680 x 1050 support. I know the 360 is doing this in the near future and I would love to maximize my resolution since my PC monitor is incapable of 1080p.

Edit: I don't recall Reassign Controllers being there in 2.4_. Maybe you're right.

I heard a few other stealth updates at GAF. Previously, just Epson and Canon printers were supported. Now the PS3 supports HP and Other (Network Standard) printers. Someone with an HP printer on their network got it to work with the PS3.

Finally did the update. I noticed that your Friends Currently online pop up right away, unlike before. The status bar for Trophy percentages is now blue instead of Yellow. You now have a little Trophy Star Icon next to your Profile level.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Volume Control option while playing videos now goes from -4 to +4 instead of -2 and +2.[/quote]

Ah! This is my favorite improvement. +/- 2 was never enough. I'll wait patiently for an even greater scale, but this is much better.

I noticed that pressing the PS button while watching a video actually stops the video now and there's no option to undo this? What the fuck? That made tidying up my videos list, reorganizing them, fixing titles, and such much easier because I could still watch something while doing it, but that's not possible anymore.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I heard a few other stealth updates at GAF. Previously, just Epson and Canon printers were supported. Now the PS3 supports HP and Other (Network Standard) printers. Someone with an HP printer on their network got it to work with the PS3.[/quote]
Any mention of Konica Minolta printers?

And Frisky, I though reassigning controllers has always been around :whistle2:k
Unless you're referring to something other than assigning them to different port numbers?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They've always been in the PS button menu, but I don't recall them being under the settings tab of the XMB before.[/quote]
Ooooooohh

Maybe I should DL the update already, then I'd know the difference :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I noticed that pressing the PS button while watching a video actually stops the video now and there's no option to undo this? What the fuck? That made tidying up my videos list, reorganizing them, fixing titles, and such much easier because I could still watch something while doing it, but that's not possible anymore.[/quote]

Yeah that blows. I do that type of stuff all the time during movies and whatnot. Anyways the real reason I am posting is that there is no way to sign out anymore!?!? Seriously I couldn't find it.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah that blows. I do that type of stuff all the time during movies and whatnot. Anyways the real reason I am posting is that there is no way to sign out anymore!?!? Seriously I couldn't find it.[/quote]
Maybe I shouldn't update then...hmmmmm

As for signing out, disconnect your modem ;)

Patch seems to have fixed the Warhawk mic bug. After an hour's worth of games, my headset was still working fine. I have yet to test it in GTA4 but I guess tomorrow's game will be a good opportunity.

And it seems I accidentally grayed Auto Sign-In Off, and I can't turn it back on. What the hell?

EDIT: Oh wait, when you go to sign-in, the option to auto sign-in is there. Yeah...really bad placement there.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i am very pleased as of this moment. my ps3 hasnt bricked and came up to the xmb. so i like the update you can now stream movies from movielab.tv .......yes

the new firmwire updated the divx and xvid codecs. i have planet earth in 720p xvid format, and before the update it wouldnt play, but now it will. yes im going to try 1080p mkv files and will update you guys when i test it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't think I like the Flash intro for the Store. It feels...cheap.[/quote]
Wha? It looks really clean, and classy.
I really like it actually.

Good update, really brought some good features, and cleaned up the XMB menu and made it overall, more responsive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Was the "DivX VOD Registration Code" thing under System Settings always there? How about the ability to Reassign COntrollers and Enable/Disable Rumble under Accessory Settings? Cool. The Volume Control option while playing videos now goes from -4 to +4 instead of -2 and +2.[/quote]

you have to register DivX?

[quote name='smiggity']I think Divx VOD is video on demand, meaning the PS3 will now play rented divx movies (I think)[/quote]

oh oh... my fault

The only thing I've gotta gripe about about the update is the ginormous block that comes up if you leave the XMB on the store icon.

On my 20" tv screen it literally takes up a good sized chunk of it.

Although, I didn't see any options for taking screenshots in game for any of my games thus far, but I suppose that just like rumble support the game has to have a patch to support it, huh?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Although, I didn't see any options for taking screenshots in game for any of my games thus far, but I suppose that just like rumble support the game has to have a patch to support it, huh?[/quote]
Yep.

Here's another stealth update.

When in screensaver mode (like when the screen dims on the XMB), motion from the controller will wake it up, rather than having to press a button.

Kinda cool. Small I know, but good use of the motion sensors.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yep.[/quote]

That sucks then, since I'm sure Rockstar has better things to do than release another patch for GTAIV, which I'd love to take some screenshots in(especially when I land a chopper on someone who shoots at me in Free Mode :lol:).

The only other one I'd like to try it in is Mercenaries 2 when I annihilate something with a bunker buster or something.

Does anyone know what updating databases means? I turned on my ps3, put in socom and had to install the game. I did that then I had to do a system update. It did the first part up the update, like it downloaded it and then when it was done the screen just froze for a good 15 mintues. I turned off the system, and now it just says updating databases and is stuck at 0 percent. I tried calling sony but they are not accepting calls right now, any help would be great. I hope I am not screwed and have to buy a new ps3.

[quote name='toocool17']Does anyone know what updating databases means? I turned on my ps3, put in socom and had to install the game. I did that then I had to do a system update. It did the first part up the update, like it downloaded it and then when it was done the screen just froze for a good 15 mintues. I turned off the system, and now it just says updating databases and is stuck at 0 percent. I tried calling sony but they are not accepting calls right now, any help would be great. I hope I am not screwed and have to buy a new ps3.[/quote]

I went through a similar situation before. After updating my database, the only thing that was lost was any playlists I had created and all my media files were restored to their original file name. Basically it is just a defrag utilty...

EDIT-Actually it sounds like you might be screwed after re-reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back