The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

I wonder if those that are giving you slack are mainly those that said, "It can't be done... anyone that tries will lose money... you're going to be returning consoles to the store!"
Not sure. I'd imagine it's a 50/50 split between the guys that said you would make nothing and the guys that said you'd make 1-2 grand per system.

I always figured people could make a decent profit from selling... no contest there. I just like to give you guys shit because you are buttholes about it, is all.

Telling you how to abuse PayPal policies to rip people off is not a "useful contribution". Jesus christ.
WOW

Please tell me you are more intelligent than that..

My statement was for arguments sake only. I am playing the devils advocate by stating that you could keep they money because I would like to know how paypal justifies and handles trusting $1000's into someones bank account when they could just keep it. Im not saying he would ever do this either. I was just surprised to hear that the pos company that put small businesses under with freezes can be so far on opposite ends of the scale.

@MetalSlugger

Its comments like that, that really piss people off. Read the post and understand the content before you speak. You clearly weren't qualified to chime in with a response like that. You OBVIOUSLY had no idea what point I was trying to make

Damn I have 4 pre-orders (PS4 Day One Amazon, PS4 Controller Bundle Amazon, PS4 Target, Xbox One Day One Amazon). I'm going to wait at least 2 weeks before launch before I start listing everything. I do want a PS4 for myself but I'll sell all of them to cover some next semester's tuition.

The prices just keep going down but luckily I can cancel everything if the profit isn't good enough. $100 profit is alright but certainly not worth it for a $400 system. I've brought things before for $20 a piece and made well over $100 profit each.

I'm hoping that this is just a repeat of last generation and prices will go up within a week of launch. If not, the day of launch.

not sure why people would just cancel pre order of the ps4/x1 just because watch dogs is delayed when the game is on current gen and pc why would you even buy a 400/500 doller system for one game that can be played on the current system you have just boggles my mind.

what do you guys think would be good starting price for x1? i got in on the gamestop pre orders last week just in case best buy is idiots and sells my pre order before i pick it up so i might see what i cna get from my best buy one.
Watch Dogs looks like total crap on current gen systems.

Damn I have 4 pre-orders (PS4 Day One Amazon, PS4 Controller Bundle Amazon, PS4 Target, Xbox One Day One Amazon). I'm going to wait at least 2 weeks before launch before I start listing everything. I do want a PS4 for myself but I'll sell all of them to cover some next semester's tuition.

The prices just keep going down but luckily I can cancel everything if the profit isn't good enough. $100 profit is alright but certainly not worth it for a $400 system. I've brought things before for $20 a piece and made well over $100 profit each.

I'm hoping that this is just a repeat of last generation and prices will go up within a week of launch. If not, the day of launch.
Why are you waiting?

Not worth it to list right now for me...I do enough selling on Ebay that I declare everything and pay tax on top of it so it really makes it a waste at the moment. If the demand goes up again nearer launch day I'll definitely consider it, but right now it's not worth the trouble. I'll just cancel my preorder if it doesn't heat up in the next few weeks.

One question -- are most here shipping through Amazon to their buyers? I'd imagine that would be the case, but I see some panic-striken posts that changing the address will lose people's place in line and such. However, if I can't "blind ship" through Amazon to the buyer, that would take the already meh profit margin out of this even more (right now) than it already does. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth it to list right now for me...I do enough selling on Ebay that I declare everything and pay tax on top of it so it really makes it a waste at the moment. If the demand goes up again nearer launch day I'll definitely consider it, but right now it's not worth the trouble. I'll just cancel my preorder if it doesn't heat up in the next few weeks.

One question -- are most here shipping through Amazon to their buyers? I'd imagine that would be the case, but I see some panic-striken posts that changing the address will lose people's place in line and such. However, if I can't "blind ship" through Amazon to the buyer, that would take the already meh profit margin out of this even more (right now) than it already does.

Signature confirmation on your delivery is absolutely necessary for seller protection and Amazon is YMMV on having UPS require it. I've gotten shipments worth several thousand dollars from Amazon and they've just been left on my door step. There is a very good chance that if you have Amazon drop ship the are not going to get a signature from the buyer. If you want to cross your fingers and hope that your buyer is honest then more power to you.

So lets clear the air on shipping must do's

Signature conformation 

Shipping insurance

Include a picture of the serial number in listing incase buyer pulls the switch-a-roo.

Only ship to CONFIRMED ADDRESS

Am I missing anything?

Im not sure if you need to go to the lengths of taking pictures of the serial number on the actual console itself. But im definitely going to take a picture of the box serial number. Its been known for people to switch new items with broken ones

Brazil sells the PS4 for $1800? Guess listing it for $1600 bin in Brazil could be easy money if they even have an ebay devision

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-costs-1-850-in-brazil/1100-6415637/
Honestly with the way Brazil does there customs, it would cost a HUGE amount on top of the already hugely overpriced PS4 price to even pick it up at the post office lol.

Also, every item I am personally shipped to brazil has never even been received by the customers.

More examples here : http://community.ebay.com/t5/International-Trading/Problems-shipping-to-Brazil/qaq-p/3128783

I would say thats a HUGE no no.

it does not look any worse then most current gen games i have seen unlike you most people care about gameplay then how sexy a game looks. i don't see paying 400 for ps4 just to get better looking game worth it.
I don't care about graphics, but I do care about if a game is a downgraded port or not. Why play a game that was built for next gen, on a current gen if you can play on the systems it was meant for? You DO know that another developer is making Watch Dogs for PS3/360, right? If it was a game, for current gen, that was polished a little bit for next gen consoles, it'd be a different story. That is not the case though.

Signature confirmation on your delivery is absolutely necessary for seller protection and Amazon is YMMV on having UPS require it. I've gotten shipments worth several thousand dollars from Amazon and they've just been left on my door step. There is a very good chance that if you have Amazon drop ship the are not going to get a signature from the buyer. If you want to cross your fingers and hope that your buyer is honest then more power to you.
No, your points are dead on, but this is why I'm not going to bother. Shipping this out myself is going to further cut away from whatever meager profit margin you're even going to make right now. Just not worth the hassle to me unless the demand is going to increase.

How to list upcoming video game console products successfully to meet buyer demand on Ebay
The launch of the latest highly-anticipated video game console products is just around the corner! Follow these guidelines to help meet buyer demand and deliver excellent customer service.

Listing the latest video game console products as pre-sales
Sellers in full compliance with eBay’s Presale policy will be allowed to list the latest video game console products on eBay, 30 days prior to the launch date. Also:

• Authorized resellers may list up to 25 items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 4 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 1 item per month.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada, will be able to participate in this event.
Listing the latest video game console products after the launch
Once the latest video game console products are made available to the public, most sellers will be allowed to list them with some limitations:

• Authorized resellers may list an unlimited number of items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 8 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 4 items per week.
  • Sellers who’ve confirmed their personal information may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada will be able to participate in this event.
Sellers not meeting our minimum performance standards or that haven’t confirmed their personal information will not be allowed to list the latest video game console products during the pre-sale or post-launch sale period.

Video game console product-related domain name and email address sales
Sellers offering video game console product-related domain names or email addresses for sale on eBay, both pre- and post-launch, will be allowed up to 4 listings—which must be in the Websites & Businesses for Sale category—per week.

Follow these best practices for selling the latest video game console products and other items on eBay. Learn more about listing from your mobile device and optimizing photos for mobile buyers.
- See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/10/how-to-list-upcoming-video-game-console-products-successfully-to-meet-buyer-demand/?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955#sthash.CHeoRo3g.dpuf

Im having trouble lining up the requirement with my ebay account. Its safe to say that the majority of scalper are not top sellers. So a regular ebayer can only list 1 ps4 a month? And say we have 30+ positive feedback with half being from selling but no detailed sellers rating?

Can anyone give a clear, cut to the chase list of requirements needed to sell on ebay because the link really was only specific on authorized and top sellers. 

wow, why a sudden change in ebay policy. are sony/msft collaborating with ebay to cut down the scalping.  really, wtf.

wow, why a sudden change in ebay policy. are sony/msft collaborating with ebay to cut down the scalping. really, wtf.
Probably to keep the selling scammers from going wild. I mean many idiots including a few CAGs had no problem testing their luck (and using buyer protection as a copout) to buy ~ $25 new in box vitas from China and ended up with a counterfeit coin.

All it would take is one scammer to list 100 PS4's at MSRP and they would sell out in an hour. That would be what... $40,000? If they had an established account (or hijacked one) then they could ripoff PayPal for some serious money.

1 per month pre sale and 4 per week post launch. Kind of ridiculous on the pre sale side. I dont even have any detailed sellers rating so idk if I even meet the requirements. Technically I should since I dont have any bad detailed sellers rating which is what is needed to be avoided in order to meet requirements 

1 per month pre sale and 4 per week post launch. Kind of ridiculous on the pre sale side. I dont even have any detailed sellers rating so idk if I even meet the requirements. Technically I should since I dont have any bad detailed sellers rating which is what is needed to be avoided in order to meet requirements
I sold 7 presales in 1 week on ebay lol

To see if the market picks up. It's more than likely that the PS4 will sell for a lot 5 or so days before launch when people can't get any pre-orders at all and a few days after launch.
Of it could go the way of the Nintendo Wii and sell for way more than MSRP for over a year... Or the Wii U route and Sony/Microsoft will actually produce enough and people won't have to rely on Ebay scalpers for a system. No one will know exactly how things will go until Nov 15/Nov 22

@ CAG NEWBIE

Hey when you presold your 7 consoles where you over or under your monthly selling limit? I'm trying to gauge how strict Ebay's enforcing the rules.

You guys should be careful about drop shipping a ton of Amazon preorders.  It's nice to save on shipping but there have been stories on the internet from previous eBay sellers that have had their Amazon accounts banned because of the unusual amount of drop shipping.  A few here and there isn't a big deal but once it becomes obvious to the Amazon investigation department, you can kiss your Amazon account goodbye.  They do not condone anybody using their shipping service for self profiting. 

GBA makes another good point about the signature confirmation issue with UPS.  Last time I bought a console from Amazon was the BF XBox bundles 2 years ago and they did not require me to even sign for my package.  You will lose seller protection if the buyer is a professional scammer since he can claim an INR since it'll be over $250.  As a person that reports their ebay income to the IRS, I personally am selling my preorder on craigslist. 

@ CAG NEWBIE

Hey when you presold your 7 consoles where you over or under your monthly selling limit? I'm trying to gauge how strict Ebay's enforcing the rules.

Just click the "Selling" link that lists all of your active/sold listings. Somewhere around the middle/left hand side it'll show you your sales figures for the month and your available limit.

As for dollar limits, I can tell you eBay is indeed strict on that. What will happen is when you reach that limit, they will prevent you from making any new listings. You'll need to contact eBay customer service if you want to list any more items and they'll ask you a few questions about the items being sold. Depending on what you are selling and your sales frequency, they may not do more than just documenting your answers. When I first sold a bunch of items on a new account I just told them I got a lot of my games from Best Buy and that was good enough for them oddly.

Just click the "Selling" link that lists all of your active/sold listings. Somewhere around the middle/left hand side it'll show you your sales figures for the month and your available limit.

As for dollar limits, I can tell you eBay is indeed strict on that. What will happen is when you reach that limit, they will prevent you from making any new listings. You'll need to contact eBay customer service if you want to list any more items and they'll ask you a few questions about the items being sold. Depending on what you are selling and your sales frequency, they may not do more than just documenting your answers. When I first sold a bunch of items on a new account I just told them I got a lot of my games from Best Buy and that was good enough for them oddly.
Are you talking about the little section that say totals? What if it doesn't have a limit anywhere. Does that mean you have no limit? It has my monthly sales figures but doesnt say anything about limits.

Anyone know the electronics return policy for Amazon Seller? I sold a new smartphone on Amazon and was just wondering what it was.
Amazon does have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Afterwards you are able to say no to it or charge up to 20% restocking fee. If the customer returns the package within the proper window and the product seems damaged or not described, then you can charge up to 50% restocking fee. Please note you must provide photographic evidence to amazon for this claim. Also note that the customer has up to 90 days to file an A-Z claim and leave feedback. So even after 30 days if the situation is not settled with the customer, then it may still have a negative impact with your sellers account.

Are you talking about the little section that say totals? What if it doesn't have a limit anywhere. Does that mean you have no limit? It has my monthly sales figures but doesnt say anything about limits.
You'll be able to view most of your account-based limits in My eBay. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages, sign in to your account, then select theAll Selling option in the Sell section on the left side of the page (or in theSelling Manager Summary).

The Monthly selling limits section shows your current selling activity relative to your monthly limits. You'll see a red alert once you've reached a limit, letting you know you won't be able to sell more items in the current month. You always have the option to request higher selling limits.

My apologies for beating the dead horse but I still feel the answer for my previous question had not been good. So I'll repost it again:

I've been thinking about how to get around the selling limits on Ebay. Right now my limit is 100 items / $5,000. Do you think there will be a problem if I just list 30 consoles three days before launch for a starting price of 99 cents each? My thinking is that Ebay will know the final price once the auctions are over. Once they do I will hit my limit and my future postings will only be affected but all my consoles are already bought. Thanks!

Amazon does have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Afterwards you are able to say no to it or charge up to 20% restocking fee. If the customer returns the package within the proper window and the product seems damaged or not described, then you can charge up to 50% restocking fee. Please note you must provide photographic evidence to amazon for this claim. Also note that the customer has up to 90 days to file an A-Z claim and leave feedback. So even after 30 days if the situation is not settled with the customer, then it may still have a negative impact with your sellers account.
What if they open it though?

Doesn't matter if they open it or not. Amazon expects you to have the same refund policy as they do. Amazon is planning to extend their return policy to 90 days through Jan for the holiday season but this will be optional for sellers.

I guess they moved it because I remember seeing it there before. At worst, you can always contact customer service and inquire of them about what your limits are. At the same time, I don't see what the problem would be if you were to ask them to raise it at the same time before you reach your current limit.

I'm pretty sure you have a limit. Otherwise a long time seller like me could sell $100,000 fake PS4's without any restriction.

I cant decide what to do.

I pre ordered a xbox one day one edition from amazon when they first went up. Ive come to realize I don't really want it, and I cant really afford to spend 500 bucks on something I don't really want. Im spending my extra money on a laptop for my girlfriend for Christmas.

Part of me wants to just cancel the pre order, other half wonders if I could sell a day one edition on ebay once I get it and have it be worthwhile.

I cant decide what to do.

I pre ordered a xbox one day one edition from amazon when they first went up. Ive come to realize I don't really want it, and I cant really afford to spend 500 bucks on something I don't really want. Im spending my extra money on a laptop for my girlfriend for Christmas.

Part of me wants to just cancel the pre order, other half wonders if I could sell a day one edition on ebay once I get it and have it be worthwhile.
So your asking us to make your mind up? Visit eBay for yourself an decide.

bread's done
Back