The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Holy crap the bidding on PS4'S aren't even going for that much anymore, a lot of them ending in the 500 dollar range, probably won't even break even selling it there anymore, I'm gonna return one of the extra bundles I got, I think it's safe to say there's no money to be made off reselling PS4'S :/

Last edited by a moderator:
O btw, did anyone notice how Amazon were emailing the PSN 12 month codes to us? If I return the bundle, do you guys think I would get a full refund? or do you think they will subtract the 50 dollars from the 12 month code

Help!

Sold a PS4 on eBay. Said in my listing that if the buyer wanted to upgrade to next day shipping with my Amazon purchase they could for he extra $12.

Guy paid the $12 and I upgraded. PS4 of course didn't deliver today and I sitting at the facility at his house. He has sent me no lie 30 messages in the last 24 hours and has been a total dick the entire time. I have been very open and forward with him providing him all the info. I even opened a FedEx case, called eBay to have record of what was already going on and refunded him the extra $12. Now he says he wants me to refund his money immediately or he is going to open a case! No way I am doing that. I feel like he is trying to scam me.

What do I do????

He will get the item on Tuesday but how do I make sure I don't get screwed out of $400?

He just filed a claim. How can he even do that this early???

"i only purchased the item as buy it now because the sellers ad said it was guaranteed to be delivered on saturday if i paid $12 extra which i did. when the item didn't show up the buyer kept putting me off until fed ex was closed. then when it did not show he said it was not his fault and would not refund me then changed the date pin the shipping to wednesday and marked it shipped leaving me unable to pick the correct topic which was never received it. all i want is a refund of the purchase price so i can rebut locally and pick up this weekend. it is being held at fed ex home delivery which doesn't even open on mondays. please read all; correspondence messages and you can see how concerned i was from the start and my hunch proved correct. i am a GREAT ebayer customer please help me stay that way. thanks, tom"

And of course he just left negative feedback. Is he trying to steal this from me???

I can't give him a refund. He will get the PS4 and my money!!!! What do I do???

And of course he just left negative feedback. Is he trying to steal this from me???

Sounds like a shitty situation. Just do everything you can to stay professional. Did you offer refunds on your listing? Do you have signature confirmation?

If you offered refunds on the listing, I would just tell him to refuse the package and once you receive it you will inspect it and provide a refund. If you didn't then just apologize for the inconvenience and tell him you are very sorry but that the item is already shipped and it cannot be canceled.

If you don't have sig confirmation you may be in trouble though. I would definitely refund his $12 though. If he opens up a case you can show you were being very professional and followed all the rules but that the item had a shipping delay outside of your control.

Like people have posted, without a sig confirm, if he goes through paypal he could easily win the case since they require sig confirm over $250....

I refunded him the $12 as soon as the 8 pm window passed for the delivery.

I put on my listing that I do not offer refunds. How can I ensure that the item gets back to me or Amazon so I can get my refund?

I mean won't it show delivery through Amazon? Is that not proof enough. He is putting all of his eggs in the it didn't get her by Saturday and I paid extra for that basket. How strong does that stick? He will get it Tuesday when FedEx opens. I'm so poised and worried I am going to lose $400! Screw the markup. If I lose the $400 my wife will shoot me!

I am sorry to say bro if you didn't get signature confirmation and your buyer knows the PayPal rules you are going to have to eat that. According to this article a lot of amazon dropshipper/scalpers will be in the same boat http://gotgame.com/2013/11/16/amazon-suppresses-ps4-sales/ if they have tech savy buyers. That is why I mentioned earlier to get the console in hand and require sig/con.

So you shipped from Amazon direct?

Well you may be screwed. Amazon doesn't use signature confirmation. Without signature confirmation you are not covered if he says he didn't receive the item. You won't be able to prove it.

However, he may not know that. So if he states he got the item in an email etc on Tuesday then you have a chance. The best way to get it back to amazon is for him to refuse the package. Getting it back to you would require paying shipping from him to you.

If it is just a case of him being pissed that it didn't get to him on time then he may very well let you know when he gets it but until that point I would be pretty nervous.

So you shipped from Amazon direct?

Well you may be screwed. Amazon doesn't use signature confirmation. Without signature confirmation you are not covered if he says he didn't receive the item. You won't be able to prove it.

However, he may not know that. So if he states he got the item in an email etc on Tuesday then you have a chance. The best way to get it back to amazon is for him to refuse the package. Getting it back to you would require paying shipping from him to you.

If it is just a case of him being pissed that it didn't get to him on time then he may very well let you know when he gets it but until that point I would be pretty nervous.
Butttt, another bylaw of PayPal is if the item is not shipped in the specified time that is grounds to lose the case, along with no sig/con it is basically eat the cost. Ebay is not for the new uninformed seller unfortunately.

Just talked to eBay's resolution department. They are going to side with the buyer but with no refund. Since the item will be delivered on Tuesday. She told me that I just have to call on Friday to refute his claim. They have already noted the account and all I will have to do is refute and the. They will release the hold on my paypal funds. I was told by them that since the item is under $750 it does not require signature confirmation. All they need to do is verify delivery with the tracking information and his address and they will still strike my account. It not require the refund. She told me 3 or 4 times too now that I will 100% get my money as long as he gets it by Friday.

Guy is an ass he has sent me now over 50 messages.

Am I safe?

Just talked to eBay's resolution department. They are going to side with the buyer but with no refund. Since the item will be delivered on Tuesday. She told me that I just have to call on Friday to refute his claim. They have already noted the account and all I will have to do is refute and the. They will release the hold on my paypal funds. I was told by them that since the item is under $750 it does not require signature confirmation. All they need to do is verify delivery with the tracking information and his address and they will still strike my account. It not require the refund. She told me 3 or 4 times too now that I will 100% get my money as long as he gets it by Friday.

Guy is an ass he has sent me now over 50 messages.

Am I safe?
No. If the user opens a claim on paypal then you need signature confirmation over $250. Ebay and Paypal's policies are different. The one that is followed is wherever they open the claim. They still can dispute it via paypal.

No. If the user opens a claim on paypal then you need signature confirmation over $250. Ebay and Paypal's policies are different. The one that is followed is wherever they open the claim. They still can dispute it via paypal.

If he says he didn't get it can't i do the same with Amazon? Tell them it didn't get there? I don't understand what my best option is here.

Here is his last message

Dear ,

What part of Tuesday doesn't work don't you get. I have said 3 times now I would not have bought it if I knew it wouldn't come Saturday. You said you were no longer going to respond and then changed the shipping date so you left me no choice but to open a complaint and leave bad feedback. Go on your amazon acct and try to change the address to ship to you. You did it before with no issue. Your not even trying now. If you did refund the money and it showed up after I bought another one I would return it to you because as I e said multiple times you can see by my feedback that I'm honest. At this point I think I should just let eBay decide as you just keep saying Tuesday is fine...it's not.

- dabears3534

I mean if I see it delivered on Tuesday do I just message him asking him if it was delivered? Is that enough if he says yes? Or no? This is awful guys!

If he says he didn't get it can't i do the same with Amazon? Tell them it didn't get there? I don't understand what my best option is here.

Here is his last message

Dear ,

What part of Tuesday doesn't work don't you get. I have said 3 times now I would not have bought it if I knew it wouldn't come Saturday. You said you were no longer going to respond and then changed the shipping date so you left me no choice but to open a complaint and leave bad feedback. Go on your amazon acct and try to change the address to ship to you. You did it before with no issue. Your not even trying now. If you did refund the money and it showed up after I bought another one I would return it to you because as I e said multiple times you can see by my feedback that I'm honest. At this point I think I should just let eBay decide as you just keep saying Tuesday is fine...it's not.

- dabears3534
Sure but Amazon isn't as black and white. They may ship another one no questions but i doubt to a different address. They may also launch an investigation with fedex. That can be months and not in your favor. I think at this point all you can do is hope for the best. There is nothing you can do right now with so many variables.

How the f is this even fair?

Message from him...

That's all great but I was guaranteed by Amazon and fed ex to get it by 8pm today. I don't have it. I'm not happy. My kids cried. I paid $575 for a $390 ps4 and got nothing. I can't get it til Tuesday and I paid $37 for shipping not $12. Fed ex should refund the entire delivery fee or you should. I'm not some eBay rookie. I have at least triple the transactions you do and I've never had anything go this wrong while being assured the whole time from yesterday that it would be fine. I'm not pleased.

I mean if I see it delivered on Tuesday do I just message him asking him if it was delivered? Is that enough if he says yes? Or no? This is awful guys!
It helps your case but the only person who can determine if it is enough is the paypal rep.

I have heard horror stories of buyers sending messages saying how they are ripping off sellers and laughing at them and still won. If this person is going for your money and dishonest they will probably win. If the guy is truly honest and not trying to rip you off then it should work out.

Your other option is to ask him to refuse the shipment. Amazon will refund you when they get it back and you usually are notified as soon as it is in route to them. As soon as the refund is made you can refund the buyer.

I know it sucks but all you can do is be patient and professional. Try and show empathy and understanding for your buyer. Treat him how you would want to be treated by Amazon. Let him know that you will do everything you can to work it out.

You can try and call fedex to verify but I doubt you can change address since you are not the sender of the package but by calling at least you can say you called. You should probably try Amazon CS as well to see if they can do anything. Again, I doubt it. However at least at that point you can tell the customer that you have tried everything you can and think the best course of action is to refuse the package.

It helps your case but the only person who can determine if it is enough is the paypal rep.

I have heard horror stories of buyers sending messages saying how they are ripping off sellers and laughing at them and still won. If this person is going for your money and dishonest they will probably win. If the guy is truly honest and not trying to rip you off then it should work out.

Your other option is to ask him to refuse the shipment. Amazon will refund you when they get it back and you usually are notified as soon as it is in route to them. As soon as the refund is made you can refund the buyer.

Is that my best option? I still get the strike and the bad feedback I guess but don't lose $400?

I have a case number with FedEx but they don't open until Tuesday and cannot find out where it is and what happened until then. I gave him the case number. I also called Amazon several times. They gave me a $5 credit (yay) and said they can't do anything.

I mean what's the best route here? Ask him to refuse? Offer him a $100 refund?

What do you guys think. Losing this money would really put my family in bad shape. I took the leap on my credit card because I thought it was safe. Guess not :whistle2:(

And what about the presale I did for the X1 for $700? Do I cancel all of that?

I have a case number with FedEx but they don't open until Tuesday and cannot find out where it is and what happened until then. I gave him the case number. I also called Amazon several times. They gave me a $5 credit (yay) and said they can't do anything.

I mean what's the best route here? Ask him to refuse? Offer him a $100 refund?

What do you guys think. Losing this money would really put my family in bad shape. I took the leap on my credit card because I thought it was safe. Guess not :whistle2:(

And what about the presale I did for the X1 for $700? Do I cancel all of that?
for the PS4:
I'd tell him to refuse it and once Amazon has it back you can issue a refund and apolagize. The rest of the feedback stuff is difficult. Just make a reply saying you are sorry for the problem and a refund was issued.

For the Xbox:
I would tell the buyer that Paypal/Ebay policies make it so you can't ship it direct. Receive it locally and ship from there. I am shipping mine overnight saturday delivery via USPS for about $60. If he doesn't want to do it then tell him you will have to refund him.

This is all about how you phrase it. Be apologetic, but show professionalism. Let them know its out of your control and give them a refund option.

so your telling me a guy is going ot cry like ababy because he can't have it a day after launch? really what will a diff of 3 days make.

Apparently enough to ruin my weekend and throw a huge fit. He tells me he can just get it locally. This sucks.last time I do this. Not with it guys.

Apparently enough to ruin my weekend and throw a huge fit. He tells me he can just get it locally. This sucks.last time I do this. Not with it guys.
You need to stop engaging the buyer. Now.

Just tell him something like this:

Dear buyer,

I'm very sorry to hear that your console did not arrive next day as scheduled and I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience [sidenote: stop blaming everything on FedEx... that's not what he wants to hear].

If you no longer want your PlayStation 4 console I understand but unfortunately I will not be able to issue you a refund until the item has been returned. You can either refuse the package when a delivery attempt is made or you can send it back to me.

If you refuse it it will go back to Amazon and once they have the system I will promptly issue a refund. If you would prefer to mail it back to me here is my return address:

[Insert shipping address]

Again I would like to apologize and I appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter.

Regards,

[You]

^ And then stop engaging him. He is only going to bitch and moan and I know your not going to issue a refund until you either have the console back or Amazon shows they have it back and you're just going to feel more pressure to do so the more you have to respond to him.

would you be able to have amazon intercept the delivery and redirect to your address.  I would try contacting amazon and be open about exactly what is going on and ask them to put in that request. 

This is one reason why i avoid selling large ticket item on ebay unless the profit margin justifies the risk.  when you get your ps4 back, try going local with it as well as your xb1.

I knew this drop shipping was BAD NEWS...
I know right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an asshole and I feel bad he might lose $400, but it kind of serves him right. People are so ready to sell something they don't physically have, so they're putting all their faith in companies like UPS, Fed-Ex, and USPS - which is a BAD IDEA. Don't sell something until you are in full control of shipping.

I hope everything works out and you get your money back, but you had to have known the risk before hand.

Amazing, this has been going on for almost a decade (Paypal & eBay policies) during PS2 and XBOX launches and people still opt drop shipping directly from Amazon just to save a few bucks? There are other scenarios buyers can claim refund even with signatures at deliveries, just too many risks and contingencies. I'm still baffled by the number of listings. 

I refunded him the $12 as soon as the 8 pm window passed for the delivery.

I put on my listing that I do not offer refunds. How can I ensure that the item gets back to me or Amazon so I can get my refund?

I mean won't it show delivery through Amazon? Is that not proof enough. He is putting all of his eggs in the it didn't get her by Saturday and I paid extra for that basket. How strong does that stick? He will get it Tuesday when FedEx opens. I'm so poised and worried I am going to lose $400! Screw the markup. If I lose the $400 my wife will shoot me!
It's a coin flip with Amazon requiring Signature Confirmation. Some people have to sign and others don't. I had to sign for my PS4 when UPS delivered it. Your best bet is to keep talking to the buyer and apologize as much as you can. Offer him a $50 refund if you have to.

P.S. I'm not trying to pick on you while you're down but the only person to blame here is you. You should've spent the extra $15-$20 it costs to have it shipped. Why would you charge for shipping then if you knew damn well Amazon was doing all the work. You tried to make as much money as you could out of him and guess what your mistake might end up costing you big time. If he wanted to, He could scam you out of the full purchase price (Through PayPal Dispute) and the $400 it cost you for the PS4. Everybody here said it more than a thousand times in this thread "NOT TO DROPSHIP BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE"

Do exactly what GBA says. Sorry to disagree with b49adam, but you don't want to string the conversation along any more, and don't offer a partial refund. Tell him you'll refund his payment as soon as the item is returned, and that's all you have to say right now (well, that's not ALL you have to say, just copy the message that GBA wrote out).

There could be any number of possibilities here: either he's honestly mad about missing the date, he's an old-school/ill-informed scammer trying to bully you into refunding before the item is returned, or he knows his stuff and will file a complaint when he sees you don't have sig confirm. At this point in time, we are not entertaining that last possibility, right now just tell him you'll refund when it is refused/returned.

so your telling me a guy is going ot cry like ababy because he can't have it a day after launch? really what will a diff of 3 days make.
Timbo... somewhat sensitive to a fellow scalper?!? :shock:

There's always a chance for success and a chance for failure. You're okay! Don't give up, give in or give out now, you'll lose the lesson. GBAstar gave you an excellent letter and followup advice to defuse the situation. Your challenge is to NOT worry. You're not going to lose any money... best case scenario he returns the console and you re-list it by Friday. Judging from his reaction; he's suffering from a severe case of "nerd-rage". Keep in mind that the PS4 is still SOLDOUT everywhere and if it happens to re-surface he still can't do anything until the funds are back in his account. I'm guessing that once the package arrives Tuesday he'll drop the the dispute and lose himself in PS4 bliss.

Soooooo... what did you learn?

You need to stop engaging the buyer. Now.

Just tell him something like this:

Dear buyer,

I'm very sorry...
Well said.

There could be any number of possibilities here:
It's key to be empathic whenever you're handling complaints of disservice. Right, wrong or indifferent... if you seek to gain their perspective you'll be able to properly address their concerns or fears.

Despite the lack of ideal demand I decided to gamble and purchase 10 PS4's. If my sources are right, it'll be 7-14 days before Sony replenishes store inventory. Consumer doubt should set in this week and if no PS4's surface by Black Friday panic will set in soon after. I'm hopeful that we'll see favorable spikes in demand before this Friday and again during the first week of December.

Silver lining: Not many know of Sony's "quality control" buy back. This department actually buys back consoles that were purchased by consumers and test them for a slew of problems seen and unseen. I applaud Sony for taking the initiative with this program which allows them to get ahead of potential complaints. I imagine that department will have a larger budget this year considering the bad batch of consoles sold by Amazon.

None-the-less, if you sell now you should be able to make at least $100 per unit. If you wait for the spikes or catch the Sony "quality control" program you should be able to make at least $200+ per unit.

EDIT: For concern of how the "Tip of the Day" is applied and insuring that this community isn't advocating anything that would lead to unethical behavior... please inbox me for safe, productive, non-threatening suggestions for moving your PS4 consoles this week.

Despite the lack of ideal demand I decided to gamble and purchase 10 PS4's. If my sources are right, it'll be 7-14 days before Sony replenishes store inventory. Consumer doubt should set in this week and if no PS4's surface by Black Friday panic will set in soon after. I'm hopeful that we'll see favorable spikes in demand before this Friday and again during the first week of December.

Silver lining: Not many know of Sony's "quality control" buy back. This department actually buys back consoles that were purchased by consumers and test them for a slew of problems seen and unseen. I applaud Sony for taking the initiative with this program which allows them to get ahead of potential complaints. I imagine that department will have a larger budget this year considering the bad batch of consoles sold by Amazon.

None-the-less, if you sell now you should be able to make at least $100 per unit. If you wait for the spikes or catch the Sony "quality control" program you should be able to make at least $200+ per unit.

Tip of the day:

For those that want to make a quick $100 on your PS4 get to your local retail store just before opening. Be courteous and respectful as you engage in casual conversation with customers waiting outside. Offer them a chance to end their search for the elusive console before the imminent disappointment of being sent away because the second shipment hasn't arrived. For those that know how to win friends and influence people I recommend indirectly enlisting the help of ONE store rep by offering them $50 for referring "ANYONE" they know looking for a sealed PS4 w/ receipt.
Can't you get in trouble with the law for scalping products in front of businesses?

Can't you get in trouble with the law for scalping products in front of businesses?
"Be courteous and respectful as you engage in casual conversation with customers waiting outside."

NOTE: CASUAL CONVERSATION

You'll lose the casual advantage if you're carrying the PS4 around with you.

Not to mention probably getting someone fired for the other part.
"For those that know how to win friends and influence people..." This technique is not for rookies. You have to be able to read people.

#1. I could've sold two PS4's for $100 profit on Friday just by talking with two customers that were turned away.

#2. Target isn't selling XB1 games with the exception of the digital version of COD. I convinced an employee to to pull every XB1 game they had in the backroom so I could take advantage of the B2G1 sale. Three of the four games I wanted were flagged at the register as he tried to scan them for purchase, so I convinced the employee to bend the rules and let me buy three copies of the same game while using a "discount". 

I also picked up more than one reserved PS4 despite the "one per customer" policy. I wouldn't suggest or recommend something I haven't done myself.

Tip of the day:

For those that want to make a quick $100 on your PS4 get to your local retail store just before opening. Be courteous and respectful as you engage in casual conversation with customers waiting outside. Offer them a chance to end their search for the elusive console before the imminent disappointment of being sent away because the second shipment hasn't arrived. For those that know how to win friends and influence people I recommend indirectly enlisting the help of ONE store rep by offering them $50 for referring "ANYONE" they know looking for a sealed PS4 w/ receipt.
Two things.

One, you realize how Black Friday works, right? Retailers are stockpiling inventory right now. Every console launch that I've been a part of has had an initial shipment to fulfill preorders/day one, and then the store will sit on any inventory it receives until Black Friday, with regular shipments throughout the rest of the holiday. The only way to flip in this situation is if the demand is high enough, which it clearly isn't for the PS4. Could you clear $100/200? Maybe, but you'll only have that window this week and possibly the week before Christmas.

Two, your "tip of the day" is just actual, physical scalping and will get you/your "store rep" in deep shit. You are the video game equivalent of the skeevy guy selling fake tickets outside of a football game. If you have the time to wait outside of a store and harass its customers then you have time to get a real fucking job and make money legitimately.

Oh wait, there is this third thing that I forgot:

If I can average $2,000 per unit I'll net $41,331.30 after fees, surcharges and free shipping. :pray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Can we just go ahead and ban mrfocus and bigjoe now?
I would be missed. I was missed! Surprisingly, in my absence, I was mentioned more by those that don't like my views and philosophies. LOL

I also give trolls the inclination to come out the dark and take shots at me despite the nature of this thread and its' implied content.

I would be missed. I was missed! Surprisingly, in my absence, I was mentioned more by those that don't like my views and philosophies. LOL

I also give trolls the inclination to come out the dark and take shots at me despite the nature of this thread and its' implied content.
The "nature" of this thread is for asshole braggarts like you to play Chadd Warden and try to make bank off of a market situation that doesn't exist. You're a shitty business man and a grade A douchebag. You may as well start giving back alley blowjobs to the people you're begging to pay your 25% markup for a product that they can get literally anywhere else for MSRP.

Why are people bashing each other? I thought we were all playing on the same team of trying to make a buck off this launch :/

I don't mean to kick you while you're down but if losing the $400 puts you in bad financial shape, you really shouldn't be trying to get in on the high risk flipping scheme.  I rarely dropship items but I would only offer to guarantee any item if I was the one to handle the shipping myself. 

As mentioned earlier, as long as he's an honest guy you'll get your money back in the end with minor loss.  The fact that he has messaged you over 50 times makes me think he's just a a panicked buyer that realized he overpaid for a PS4. If he was a scammer I think he would have simply waited it out and opened the case on you without such obvious angst and anxiety.  Good luck with that. 

bread's done
Back