The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Update: Refunded the buyer $30 he received the PS4 on Monday and revised his feedback. Crisis averted and I still ended up selling it for $600.

Hopefully my X1 flip of $700 goes smoother. Appreciate everyone's help.

Can anyone help me with some advice on selling my PS3? :)

Thanks again for your help everyone!
:D/ excellent news but never mention it to the wife. :whistle2:$ lol....

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have been offered the following trades on craigslist for a PS4:

1. Medical marijuana card

2. Medical marijuana card

3. "tons of weed"

4. used PS3 with 37 games

5. remote controlled car

6. Medical marijuana card
didn't you sell like 7 already on ebay.

BTW, that "ton of weed" trade might be worth while to entertain. This is November man, and supply is usually in drought around this time. you might be able to fetch $1K/pound. Ask for a pound . lol.... All legit in Cali.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-DELIVERED-BY-ME-TO-YOU-ON-11-22-13-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console-/200990596196?customid=mBX6GFKFEeO2S-4HPCAgigMb39_C7Po3_0_0_0&pub=5574652453&afepn=5337259887&campid=5337259887&pt=Video_Games&hash=item2ecbf91c64&afepn=5337259887

Guys I'll just leave this here... I don't know if his story is legit or not... If it's true then good for him and his family...

What is that a $1000 eBay fee? :lol:

-----

Question - Anyone think selling the day one controller is worth it? I have seen them range from $96-145. After fees and shipping you only really net what, $35 or so?

What about the day one achievement can it be sold?

It takes more courage to ask for help than people realize. His listing is compelling and sounds genuine. I'm glad someone stepped up immediately. We will almost always question a stranger's intentions when they ask for help but the day we stop believing in helping and giving to those in need is far more detrimental than the few that exploit the kindness and good fortune of others.

-----

Question - Anyone think selling the day one controller is worth it? I have seen them range from $96-145. After fees and shipping you only really net what, $35 or so?

LOL

-----

Wow. I wonder if the person who won is really going to buy it. O_O

So the guy lost his job in July, they had a miscarriage in August, and then they almost immediately try to have another baby again?

I just sold a PS4 for $580 on Crisgslist. Met at the local courthouse, cash is already in the bank. It went very smoothly. $140 profit.

Just call gamestop and they confirm no GS to have any ps4 to sell until Black Friday. They're probably holding back whatever small stock sony is sending them.

Aside from the initial large supply, sony is having problem meeting demands. Also there appears longer lines for xb1 compare to ps4

Just call gamestop and they confirm no GS yo have any ps4 to sell until Black Friday. They're probably holding back whatever small stock sony is sending them.

Aside from the initial large supply, sony is having problem meeting demands. Also there appears longer lines for xb1 compare to ps4
No way XB1 outsells the PS4; not initially at least.

The reason for longer reasons is almost directly tied to the fact that they took less preorders so MORE people are going to have to get in line if they want a console tonight/tomorrow morning.

Any insight into the selling of Day One controllers or achievements?
You can sell both...

I got $100 for my controller...probably wouldn't of taken any less than that. But I'd also bet that market dries up rather quickly, doubt many people out there are willing to spend $100+ for pretty much the same controller that sells for $60

No way XB1 outsells the PS4; not initially at least.

The reason for longer reasons is almost directly tied to the fact that they took less preorders so MORE people are going to have to get in line if they want a console tonight/tomorrow morning.
I"m not saying XB1 to outsell PS4. I'm referring to XB1 having more demand base on less available supply therefore creating a higher after market price.

Do not count the resellers out just yet. Wish I had a pre-order or two now, maybe I will try the wally world lay away deal. :idea:

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/11/21/playstation-4-gamestop-waiting-list/?__lsa=61c6-bfdb
Knowing GS they aren't taking into account the small majority of resellers who are getting on the waitlist at every store in their district.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2+ million people is actually a third or less.

Regardless pretty impressive.

I"m not saying XB1 to outsell PS4. I'm referring to XB1 having more demand base on less available supply therefore creating a higher after market price.
Well we'll see. I think people are discounting the fact that there is much less international appeal for the Xbox One as compared to the PS4.

I have a pipeline in South America so I was able to get much more for mine while selling them to someone I know and have done business with before but he has very little interest in importing and reselling Xbox One consoles and I would guess that is how most of the outside world (except pockets in Europe and Australia) feel as well. Many of these new buyers on eBay that were purchasing PS4's were international buyers either wanting the console shipped to them directly or shipped to a reshipper.

Knowing GS they aren't taking into account the small majority of resellers who are getting on the waitlist at every store in their district.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2+ million people is actually a third or less.

Regardless pretty impressive.
I was thinking that had to be an exaggeration also but even if it was a 50%, 75% exaggeration on top of the million plus sold already, that is amazing. Not to mention it hasn't TRULY went global yet.

just got confirmation from bby to pickup my 3 xb1 tonight.  wonder if i will be able to sell any to the people waiting inline. i already have 1 person line up.

I was thinking that had to be an exaggeration also but even if it was a 50%, 75% exaggeration on top of the million plus sold already, that is amazing. Not to mention it hasn't TRULY went global yet.

It is pretty good. This is my take; if people are realistic and okay with reselling these for $50 - $150 in profit and are willing to do the work to move more volume then they should have at least moderate success.

If people are buying them on the hope of reselling them for $300+ then they are going to end up returning theirs.

just sold another ps4 for $605 with shipping included on fleabay!

target red card is beast! 5% off everything!!!

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 said:
Are you offering to give them the receipt? People may be weary to buy one from an independent seller w/o one because of the DOA issue PS4s are having.
I have listed in the ad that they would get a "gift receipt". Since I used my Best Buy card and not straight cash I would be a little wary giving them the original receipt.

I have listed in the ad that they would get a "gift receipt". Since I used my Best Buy card and not straight cash I would be a little wary giving them the original receipt.
There's nothing wrong with giving them the receipt. If the PS4 warranty claims are like the PS3, you'll need proof of purchase which I'm not sure if the BB gift receipt will print the serial #. The worst they do is return the system and accidentally credit your Best Buy card in the buyer's case.

I must have overestimated the demand for Xbone. When I listed my PS4 ad during the midnight launch I got 5 buyers within an hour. When I listed my ad for the Xbone last night at $650, not a single person has bothered to respond as of now. I know it's foolish to make any conclusions out of a launch day but it seems to be that the demand i the secondary market is somewhat indicative of the demand for the system itself. A lot of scalping opportunities for the PS4 and not so much for the Xbone. An interesting observation though, is that the supply is much smaller in the U.S. market compared to the PS4. The Microsoft store near me already sold out of Xbone consoles last night. My Sony store still had PS4's for public sale through the first few days.

Yep

ku-xlarge.jpg

Had 6 PS4's and 4 game bundles (three games each, my target had buy two get one free) Sold all 6 the Saturday after launch. 3 game bundle $720. Split one game bundle for two separate system sales, $610 ea. Sold one system alone for $550. Sold last game that survived bundles for $45. Two of the game bundles and consoles were not mine but I did make commission for selling, $40 total. So all in all good Saturday! 

Tried pricing higher Friday but only one bite. Flake. Slowly lowered (spamming CL) until I reached 550 and 720 bundle price.

Now Xbox One was harder to get. I could only get two. Target manager noticed me from last time. Last time(PS4) he seemed cool and friendly. This time I think he figured I was flipping and his mood was totally different. He made everyone buy an accessory, none of which were on sale. I'm sure he did it to hurt flippers. So I got the two systems one with a year of xbox live card and one with assassins creed. My brother also got a system. A day one launch edition. Lucky. He was first in line though. Anyway I have them listed at $650 on CL and bites are few. Have the xbox live at $80 (it's also a day one launch edition). Have the game at $65. Sold one system for 650 today. Have a guy on the hook for my brothers day one at $830. Includes day one xbox live. 

Overall the market seems pretty slow for xbox one. PS4 seemed hot but then again I think my game bundle is what really sold the system. Just figure ps4 440 + three games 210 = 650 and I was selling for 720 only 70 above retail. 

I have tomorrow to sell my last xbox one and my brother still has to sell his. 

You guys think it would be better to wait til Christmas to try flipping the Day One edition?
That's what i was thinking, the stock Day One edition is clearly limited with many having to settle for the green box ones purchase on 1st day.

Once everyone have sold there's and all Day Ones are open and used, imo, i think it may be able to fetch a high premium price.

Just wondering what's the lowest people have seen some sell for and highest? 

I checked CL and some dumb ass has a want ad looking to buy a PS4 for $390.  Another idiot is trying to sell Xbox one for $750 in the wanted section as well lol; just found someone selling a day one for $1000 also in wanted.  I saw another ad looking to buy for $700.  If only I could make money connecting people.

I'm surprised people are paying more than $200 over msrp.  I can somewhat understand when ps3 and xbox 360 came out since there were actually exclusives.

just came back from meeting this kid and his parents for an xbox one day 1 edition exchange.  Was really stupid. we met at my local bestbuy and the kid's parent wanted to take the console inside to test it. wtf, i told him they were not going to do that. ask him to pay me and he can go in himself and test and he laugh it off as if it was funny.  i picked up my console and gave him the fuck off look. really stupid parents there.  

Hot damn I honestly didn't see these things selling like this. With the way everyone was talking I figured there would be a decent supply of these things or at least enough in certain areas and the net that would hurt scalper values from going too high. Guess not, wish I had got in on this too make some extra cash. Mind, wouldn't be like some of these asses buying up entire store stocks as I'd just get one of each but I'd still be happy with the profit from them.

another scammer wants to paypal me $650 now and pickup tomorrow. really man, he doesn't even know me and i have zero credential, why would someone paypal a random guy on CL $650 unless they clearly know they can get their money back.  I really need to make a fake paypal acct and walk away with that money and donate it charity or something. 

bread's done
Back