The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

So ended up selling all my preorders. I didn't even need to buy the systems to sell and risk getting stabbed lol. I got $200 for one ps4 preorder, a like new 320gb xbox 360 star wars console with controllers for the other ps4 preorder. I also got $300 for 2 xbone preorders. I also have one ps4 and one xbone shipping to me which will get here on Saturday I will probably sell the ps4 for $540 and basically get the xbox one for free. All in All seems you can make as much money from the preorders. wish i got more at target.

Damn Im down to my last ps4 and xbone. Im gonna hold on to them and see what kind of trades I can get now that the supply has dried up. Everyone thinks they can have one last shot on black friday, they are about to enter a bloodbath of 600 people for 20 consoles. Im thinking of seeing if I can trade for a sealed Macbook Pro

Everyone should try using their final stock as bartering trade items. You could trade for things far more valuable and technically "make more" in terms of your trade's greater value

Xbox One sold one million worldwide. PS4 sold a million in NA in one day. That should tell you something about the demand for the Xbox.
No, it says something about the supply of Xbox One's. If Microsoft is already talking about not having enough for the holiday season, clearly, they didn't have that many consoles come off the line ready to ship.

No, it says something about the supply of Xbox One's. If Microsoft is already talking about not having enough for the holiday season, clearly, they didn't have that many consoles come off the line ready to ship.
not sure how true this is , but apparently bestbuy is withholding stocks of ps4/xbone for black friday, and the holidays season in decemeber

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5133784/best-buy-you-wont-have-any-trouble-finding-a-ps4-or-xbox-one

Even if MS had more Xbox One's they wouldn't be selling at PS4 numbers.

Just wait until Sony has launched worldwide. It will be MS playing catch up this generation.

Even if MS had more Xbox One's they wouldn't be selling at PS4 numbers.

Just wait until Sony has launched worldwide. It will be MS playing catch up this generation.
does it really matter? Ms will own the market they are trully going after and that's the avg family where as sony is going after the hard core gamer. In the end it all comes down to games for most gamers and both systems have great games out and announced.

always money to be had come launch.  but you have to weigh your time and effort, along with disgruntled customers.

not sure how true this is , but apparently bestbuy is withholding stocks of ps4/xbone for black friday, and the holidays season in decemeber

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5133784/best-buy-you-wont-have-any-trouble-finding-a-ps4-or-xbox-one
I called BS on this. I still dont see any and cant find any PS4 (not sure about the stock on xbone yet, still relatively new). Sure, there will be supply through out the holidays, just like when the wii had supply. if she called being stock as having 2-3 until to sell each week, then her statement is spot on. I think this is publicity stunt to get people into Bestbuy.

So ended up selling all my preorders. I didn't even need to buy the systems to sell and risk getting stabbed lol. I got $200 for one ps4 preorder, a like new 320gb xbox 360 star wars console with controllers for the other ps4 preorder. I also got $300 for 2 xbone preorders. I also have one ps4 and one xbone shipping to me which will get here on Saturday I will probably sell the ps4 for $540 and basically get the xbox one for free. All in All seems you can make as much money from the preorders. wish i got more at target.
for future reference, just wondering what you mean by "preorders"? I would guess it's a preorder ticket or something, but then I would think the person that was issued it would have their info on it.

I checked a Best Buy today, first time since PS4/Xbox One. I saw around a dozen PS4s with notes taped to them, guessing the info of whoever preorderd. There were probably around 30-40 Xbox Ones that I could see. Some had notes on them as well. Not sure if the others were preorders or not as a manager was wheeling 7-8 on a dolly to the area. This was behind the registers on shelves similar to what other stores house their instore pickups. This store's pickup area is elsewhere and that holding area is unseen to the public.

for future reference, just wondering what you mean by "preorders"? I would guess it's a preorder ticket or something, but then I would think the person that was issued it would have their info on it.

I checked a Best Buy today, first time since PS4/Xbox One. I saw around a dozen PS4s with notes taped to them, guessing the info of whoever preorderd. There were probably around 30-40 Xbox Ones that I could see. Some had notes on them as well. Not sure if the others were preorders or not as a manager was wheeling 7-8 on a dolly to the area. This was behind the registers on shelves similar to what other stores house their instore pickups. This store's pickup area is elsewhere and that holding area is unseen to the public.
yeah they are receipt that i put $25 down at the bestbuy during the preorder for the system. i just meet them at the bestbuy and have them look at my id and the buyer pays for the system. Then they give me the money for the agreed upon price for the preorder. It's so much easier then buying the system and trying to sell it since you have so much money invested in it and also getting robbed and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah they are receipt that i put $25 down at the bestbuy during the preorder for the system. i just meet them at the bestbuy and have them look at my id and the buyer pays for the system. Then they give me the money for the agreed upon price for the preorder. It's so much easier then buying the system and trying to sell it since you have so much money invested in it and also getting robbed and whatnot.
some of us use credit card that pays cash back so no real hard cold cash required. however, thats is a great idea, gives the customer more comfort as they wont have to deal with scams. they do allow 8 day to pickup. i might do this next time a hype tech comes out.

edit: i did get like $80 on bestbuy reward and apprx $40 in cash back from my CC.

Get a load of this guys, I was wondering if people would be selling the Xbox Day One Edition Box on ebay and sure enough they are and surprisingly the amount people are willing to pay for it is pretty high (unless of course those people aren't reading the fine print), I think I might sell mine :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Box/121221141586?_trksid=p2047675.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18580%26meid%3D2922539167251682070%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D8476%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D301024284039%26#viTabs_0

Get a load of this guys, I was wondering if people would be selling the Xbox Day One Edition Box on ebay and sure enough they are and surprisingly the amount people are willing to pay for it is pretty high (unless of course those people aren't reading the fine print), I think I might sell mine :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Day-One-Edition-Box/121221141586?_trksid=p2047675.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D18580%26meid%3D2922539167251682070%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D8476%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D301024284039%26#viTabs_0
Yeah I'm like 100% sure they not reading the entire description. If they are fetching for that price then damn I sell mines right now lol

That listing will never be completed... and if it is the buyer will probably win the SNAD case because the seller is listing it in the "Video Game Consoles" category and isn't including a console.

Really eBay now you send me this... This would've came in handy if I got it sooner lol

This is another reason to sell in the next two days guys...

Capture_zpsc7bdb9b7.jpg

Yeah I'm like 100% sure they not reading the entire description. If they are fetching for that price then damn I sell mines right now lol
That will be a charge back to the seller. There is no way someone is paying $600 for a box.

I called BS on this. I still dont see any and cant find any PS4 (not sure about the stock on xbone yet, still relatively new). Sure, there will be supply through out the holidays, just like when the wii had supply. if she called being stock as having 2-3 until to sell each week, then her statement is spot on. I think this is publicity stunt to get people into Bestbuy.
I agree with you. This is BS. Best Buy is just trying to get people to come in the store looking for the console. They are going to get some really pissed off customers if they start proming to deliver systems and can not. I do imagine the company is staggering shipments to stores so that they will have some every week at each store, but I do not believe they will meet the demand.

They need people to come in the store so they can sell them a package for $800!

I think it's better to buy the system because you still get the credit card cash back bonus and the retailer bonus points. On top of my cc bonus cash back, I earned $20 in RZ certificates as a GCU member plus my Elite Plus bonus points for each PS4 purchase alone at Best Buy for example. Target red cards gave 5% off too which was almost the same in net value.

PS4's are certainly in greater demand. It's a lot easier to flip my PS4 preorders than it is my Xbones. At this point the secondary demand is pointing towards MS having to catch up to Sony for this generation. By the reports you read online though, seems like Sony is going to do a better job of stocking the shelves before the holiday period passes.

ok, i'm down to my last xbox day1.  contemplating whether i should hold until day1 stock completely diminish or sell now. might be worth more later. tough decision. what do you guys think.

ok, i'm down to my last xbox day1. contemplating whether i should hold until day1 stock completely diminish or sell now. might be worth more later. tough decision. what do you guys think.
Depends on how risk averse you are. If you like to play it safe then just sell it now. Otherwise if you're okay with some risk, hold out and sell it on eBay in 3 weeks. I'd be shocked if you'd need to return it back without at least selling it for a slight profit above what you paid for it next month.

ok, i'm down to my last xbox day1. contemplating whether i should hold until day1 stock completely diminish or sell now. might be worth more later. tough decision. what do you guys think.
Right now I'm leaning towards keeping mine and selling it later, the Day One Editions look like are gonna raise in price as time goes by. The fact people are paying top dollar for the Day One controller and the Day One achievement code alone has got to tell you something.

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping mine and selling it later, the Day One Editions look like are gonna raise in price as time goes by. The fact people are paying top dollar for the Day One controller and the Day One achievement code alone has got to tell you something.

Yes but those willing to dish out top dollar around the holidays aren't collectors and the Day One edition will mean very little or anything to them. They are parents, grand parents, etc. that would be buying the console as a gift.

I think people are seriously over exaggerating the value of the Day One edition compared to a standard Xbox One. I've seen C3P0 controllers go for significantly more then the Day One controller and the Halo Forerunner controllers go for as much and the extra content in the other LE 360 consoles go for much much more (i.e. FOTUS DLC)

Point being if your console sells for significantly more it isn't because it's the Day One edition... it's because its an Xbox One and someone wants it as a Holiday gift.

how are you guys scalping consoles? I haven't been able to sell any of mine. don't know if my prices are too high or not. typically i'll camp out a gamestop parking lot and as people come out i'll ask them about the XBox One or PS4 and see if they need one. most people say no. i'll admit my prices are high right now (about $200 over retail), but i wanna make sure i have room to negotiate while still making some profit. any tips or proven strategies would be appreciated.

I put a 100 margin on it (for xbox 110) and sell for 650 on CL. Price is firm. All mine are day1 so they usually agree b/c green box goes for the same price too.

Don't be greedy and u shod be fine.

Also the people coming to GameStop will not pay a premium. The ones willing to pay a premium knows to look on CL or eBay.

Where I live, Craigslist is flooded with Xbox One systems, and I don't think anybody is selling any of them.

I have one on there (Green one), that I'm trying to just get $600 for it, and I haven't had a single inquiry. No phone calls, no emails, no texts. There is a guy that is selling one for $580, which is only $40 above the retail price after tax, and he still hasn't sold his.

Demand is either super soft, or Microsoft shipped too many of these consoles. I know they sold a ton of them, but I'm starting to think that a pretty large percentage of their sold units are in the hands of scalpers.  I guess it must depend on what part of the country you're in, but where I'm at.... Forgetta bout it...

That will be a charge back to the seller. There is no way someone is paying $600 for a box.
And this is just one of the myriad of reasons why ebay sucks balls now. He clearly stated that it is just the box and some dummy bid on it anyways. Now he has to jump through hoops trying to get a final value credit because someone can't even be bothered to read the entire line of the title of the auction. Without negative feedback he has no recourse for this buyers complete waste of his time.

xbox one sold really well for me. the day 1s went for $720!wow! i owe ebay $420 in comission. *_*

You should have paid the $15/month for an eBay store. You would only be paying 4% in FVF versus the 9% or 10% that you pay without a store.

oh well. i'll do that next year. thanks for the heads up.

i might do that for the other goods that i sell on ebay.

oh well. i'll do that next year. thanks for the heads up.

i might do that for the other goods that i sell on ebay.
I am not familiar enough with all categories. Some have higher FVF then others. Standard video game categories outside of consoles is 9%. But if you're selling consoles it certainly pays for itself after one or two sales and you can always cancel your store subscription.

And this is just one of the myriad of reasons why ebay sucks balls now. He clearly stated that it is just the box and some dummy bid on it anyways. Now he has to jump through hoops trying to get a final value credit because someone can't even be bothered to read the entire line of the title of the auction. Without negative feedback he has no recourse for this buyers complete waste of his time.
worse part, he may had a legit buyer at probably 50-60 but some dumbass that didn't read it bid it to 600 and he loss his real buyer.

sold my last next gen unit, i'm all out. anyway know where to find more. i'm not going to stand inline and fight the crazies for ps4/xbone to scalp.  suggestions.

i sold 10 and made a little over 1k. kept 1 ps4 for myself. all via CL so i don't have to deal with ebay fees and customer satisfactory. 

didn't have to wait in line for any, all shipped my house except the 3 i picked up on launch night at bby.

to be hones, i was hoping to make 2 to 3 times as much but due ebay prices and low CL prices by other sellers, had to settle for what i got.

i sold 10 and made a little over 1k. kept 1 ps4 for myself. all via CL so i don't have to deal with ebay fees and customer satisfactory.

didn't have to wait in line for any, all shipped my house except the 3 i picked up on launch night at bby.

to be hones, i was hoping to make 2 to 3 times as much but due ebay prices and low CL prices by other sellers, had to settle for what i got.
Nicely done, that's still a good return you got if you ask me . can't believe you actually bought 10 and successfully sold 10 without a hitch. congrats.

Nicely done, that's still a good return you got if you ask me . can't believe you actually bought 10 and successfully sold 10 without a hitch. congrats.
Thanks. All ps4/xb1 sold within 3 days. If I had sold on eBay, ps4 would had to be sold for $610 & xb1 for $750 with the buyer paying shipping just to get the same return as CL. eBay & PayPal fees are out of this world, throw in free shipping and you make nothing.

Btw, also accumulated like ~$80 BBY $ and $50-$60 cash back

Also got BBY elite plus status too which is not bad. Got in the early BF deal and free expedited shipping on all online orders.

sold my last next gen unit, i'm all out. anyway know where to find more. i'm not going to stand inline and fight the crazies for ps4/xbone to scalp. suggestions.
So what was the avg price you were getting on CL? I've sold one PS4 at $550. I'm not sure if the market price will increase or not.

Just wanted to post my breakdown if anyone was curious. All was sold on eBay.

PS4 - $604
Xbox One - $690
Day One Achievement - $40
Ryse Day One DLC - $13
Dead Rising 3 DLC - $13
Forza 5 DLC - $15

I got $550 for my PS4.
Ended up giving my extra XboxOne preorder to a friend
Sold my Day One controller for $100
Sold free controller keychain for $14

Wish I would of got my DayOne achievement up on eBay...a CAG'er kind of screwed me on that one

bread's done
Back