The OFFICIAL Shadowrun topic- Out Now!

[quote name='deadite76']Have you tried the demo?[/QUOTE]
Yes...it was fun...but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to spend $60 on a multi-player game. It was fun though...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Yes...it was fun...but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to spend $60 on a multi-player game. It was fun though...[/quote]

If you liked Counterstrike, don't think twice about this one.

So I stopped holding off on this game, and decided to buy it. Good thing I did, shit is so fun online. Although I'm still noobish to the game and still need some getting used to it's great nonetheless. The reviews do this game no justice. Now I just need to know if I have time to play The Darkness on Wednesday :)

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Good thing you didn't go off the reviews and came to this thread, then ;)[/QUOTE]
I was actually interested in this game a while back, but the reviews made me a little undecided whether I wanted this or not.

[quote name='seanr1221']Blahhhh, I WAS going to wait for a price-drop, but seeing how you guys are praising it is making me antsy to buy it now...[/QUOTE]
Buy it...you'll thank us later. Actually, you'd probably hate us because by then you'd be spending hours and hours, maybe days on this game :)

I stopped playing this games for like 2 weeks, because I got others games(Tomb Raider Legend, PSU, and then playing XBLA Unplugged). I just started playing again today, and played for like 3 hours straight. Incredibly fun and addictive, plus I got two more achievements today! I almost got the Zombie Scored achievement, but bled out literally less than one second away from the dropoff point.

[quote name='seanr1221']traded in some stuff to FYE and bought it. Hope I can get some games goimg with you guys.[/QUOTE]
Excellent...add me if you want to play sometimes.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Yeah, I like the analogy: Shadowrun is to CounterStrike, like Crackdown is to Grand Theft Auto. Faster, more excitement, and more variety.[/QUOTE]
Wait your saying crackdown is better than gta??????
bad analogy

I picked up Shadowrun the weekend after it came out and haven't been able to put it down since. It really is a whole hell of alot of fun online, and I myself and not really all that big into playing online. I love it and anyone on here wants to hit me up for a game drop me a FL-invite or a game invite anytime.

Ive been playing the demo for this and I LOVE it!

Counterstrike is one of my favorite games ever, and this is Counterstrike with ZOMG! Superpowers!

But $60? Sorry, Im dying to play this, but not for that much. Im also loath to support any of MS's 360/Vista cross platform games. I dont want to encourage pay to play online for the PC.

I cant wait till this game is $20 or even $30, I will pick it up at that price immediately, but its simply not worth $60.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hey Ricebo1, sorry I didn't accept your invite last night, I was in a private chat with a friend from school.[/QUOTE]
It's cool, no worries. Look me up tonight around 8 pm PST

I generally don't get much out of console (or any) FPS, but this demo is really fun. Love the race / skill variety. Just wish I could get it for around the $30 shipped range.

[quote name='cyrix`']Wait your saying crackdown is better than gta??????
bad analogy[/quote] No, I said Shadowrun is a faster, more complex version of CounterStrike just like Crackdown is a faster, more complex version of Grand Theft Auto. I figured the sentence "Faster, more excitement, and more variety." would have given that part away, but I guess not?

Man I'd have this game by now if Target carried it. I've been to Target 3-4 times now. First time they had it out of stock, other times they totally removed its spot from the shelf. I have credit it at Target so that's why I want to buy it there.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Does anyone have this for Windows Vista?[/quote]
I'm considering getting it for Vista via ebay since it is somewhat cheaper than the 360 version.

im thinking about picking this up when i get my 360 (next paycheck, or whenever I beat Odin Sphere) because I'm looking for a good XBox live experience, but I'm curious about the fan base. Does this game have the "Live Effect" problem, where everyone who gets a microphone feels compelled to act like an asshole, or is the majority actually decent people who understand sportsmanship?

Also, hows the learning curve on this. I'd be a total newbie to console online gaming (and not really that great online in general). Is there a decent matchmaking service, or am I gonna just have to tolerate a shit load of losses?

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Also, hows the learning curve on this. I'd be a total newbie to console online gaming (and not really that great online in general). Is there a decent matchmaking service, or am I gonna just have to tolerate a shit load of losses?[/quote]

The learning curve its not that bad. They have training missions, if you go through all of them you'll be fine. You get achievements for each completed training mission too.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']im thinking about picking this up when i get my 360 (next paycheck, or whenever I beat Odin Sphere) because I'm looking for a good XBox live experience, but I'm curious about the fan base. Does this game have the "Live Effect" problem, where everyone who gets a microphone feels compelled to act like an asshole, or is the majority actually decent people who understand sportsmanship?

Also, hows the learning curve on this. I'd be a total newbie to console online gaming (and not really that great online in general). Is there a decent matchmaking service, or am I gonna just have to tolerate a shit load of losses?[/quote]

I don't think the people with mics are too bad, and most of the time they can be helpful. I haven't really had any problems, and have definently dealt with worse on Gears.

As for the learning curve, Linkin is right, the tutorials will get you used to everything, then you are supposed to be matched up with people with about the same TruSkill rating as you. Also, since it is always team based, it won't be your fault alone for losing, whenever you do.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']im thinking about picking this up when i get my 360 (next paycheck, or whenever I beat Odin Sphere) because I'm looking for a good XBox live experience, but I'm curious about the fan base. Does this game have the "Live Effect" problem, where everyone who gets a microphone feels compelled to act like an asshole, or is the majority actually decent people who understand sportsmanship?
[/QUOTE]

Well, the game is sort of team-based and that requires players to communicate a lot more than the usual witty quips laden with profanities.

Find some players that are cool and add them to your friends. If you get a good group going the game is all kinds of fun.

BTW add me when you get the game. that goes for anyone out there.

[quote name='dastly75']I'm considering getting it for Vista via ebay since it is somewhat cheaper than the 360 version.[/quote]You will be my new best friend if you get the Vista version
and join my party then let me kill you 100 times.
;)

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']You will be my new best friend if you get the Vista version
and join my party then let me kill you 100 times.
;)[/quote]

I scored it for $20 shipped Vista version on ebay. Isn't the game online multiplayer for crossplatform anyways? You can probably start owning me Monday when I get it.

[quote name='dastly75']I scored it for $20 shipped Vista version on ebay. Isn't the game online multiplayer for crossplatform anyways? You can probably start owning me Monday when I get it.[/quote]Good man.:lol:

Sweet, I'll join you guys, I need the Vista achievements as well. I gotta finish the tutorials so that I can fully understand all the classes, magics and techs.

I'd be up for a CAG game :D I want to get the BFF achievement, which you need to have a Vista player in your party. Would be nice if we could have a primarily CAG room, with just inviting CAGs to the party. I also have the Shadowrun Fever achievement(kill and teabag someone who has it to get it) if anyone would want that.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Also, hows the learning curve on this. I'd be a total newbie to console online gaming (and not really that great online in general). Is there a decent matchmaking service, or am I gonna just have to tolerate a shit load of losses?[/QUOTE]
IMO the learning curve is pretty steep because of the buttons layout and all the many different spells and techniques. In 5 games or so you will get used to it. Also, just spray with your guns, don't burst since bursting does nothing for you in this game. Just because it's like CS don't mean this game has that much recoil in guns.

Just picked this up on sale for $37 used at a local game store, and while I'm sure glad I didn't blow $60 on it, holy shit, I'm LOVING this game so far. It's simply not like any other shooter I've played, and the magic/tech is implemented really, really well.

I'm definitely up for some CAG matches, and I also need a way to get that Vista achievement.

So what race, magic/tech, and weapons does CAG use?
Personally, I play elf, with Teleport, Wired Reflexes, and either SmartLink or Strangle, depending on the map. And I usually play with a Rifle and either an SMG or a Shotgun, now and then a Sniper Rifle.

bread's done
Back