The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to pass up games when there less then 10$. so I went to the TRU in bangor maine and picked up 3 $9.99 games.
Unreal Tournament 3
The golden compass
Ballers chosen one

Checked out Bay Pkwy, Bklyn today and they had a stack of Orange Box (XB360) and Golden Compass (XB360). Too bad I already picked up Orange Box for $14.99 at Circuit City before they declared they were shutting down.

If anyone sees any bargains at any New York City TRU, it be greatly appreciated if anyone can write in. Thanx.

No luck on the controllers for me at two different Toys R Us stores, but I found a few of the games listed here. Thanks!

I also grabbed an extra PS3 The Orange Box. I'd love to trade it away for one of the other PS3/XBox 360/Wii clearance games that I couldn't find (Mass Effect, MoH Airborne, Fear, No More Heroes, etc.).

I found only PS3 College Hoops 2K8 for $5 - not bad. Also, something called Swypeout PC Racing game on closeout for a dime (!). I'm sure it's just shovelware...

The toyrus near me was horrible. All of their games are now behind the counter and they only carry the most popular ones. Its the one in Yonkers, NY btw.

In the TRU paper for my weekly rounds, i spotted a 12+1 month xbox live gold for $29.99. It said it starts sunday.

So I went to TRU today and found some golden oldies. Every Extend Extra for $5. Phoenix Wright 3: Trials & Tribulations for $9.98. Fable: Lost Chapters for $5. I picked up the first 2.

First post :D.

Yeah no new clearance games for 2/9 but there are game drops im guessing universal? Like madden 09, dead space and Mirrors Edge for 49.99. There were other games I saw on the list but those were the ones I remember.

Some clearance items if you guys can find em, FF Chocobo (sp?) tales is $5. A couple of Buzz games for the PS2 are 9.98. NHL 08 for the ps3 is 9.98 along with NBA 08, also this one might be rare since not to many stores still have em but the gh aerosmith bundle is 34.98 for xbox360 and the ps2 one is 29.98 this is the one with guitar and game, the 2 pack version of the ps2 is 49.98 if I remember correctly. Not sure if those were mentioned. If you guys have questions on clearance stuff let me know ill try and post the clearance games everytme they drop.

[quote name='jaysapathy']

:ps2:
GAMES:

086072 49.98 GH Aerosmith Bundle
[/QUOTE]

This should be the 2 Pack bundle... At least that's what I originaly posted...

I managed to get FEAR :) But out of a couple of ToysRUs retail stores I went to, none of them had the Orange Box for PS3. I also saw Unreal Tournament but regret passing on it. I am going to buy one tomorrow for sure!

[quote name='Southard']The toyrus near me was horrible. All of their games are now behind the counter and they only carry the most popular ones. Its the one in Yonkers, NY btw.[/quote]

Yeah, don't bother going to the Yonkers TRU. They have a shitty selection overall. The White Plains TRU is horrible as well. They mark up their items to crazy amounts ($60 Games are marked $70+, etc.) because they think they can get away with it since their location is so near the high-end Westchester Mall.

The TRU all the way at Nanuet isn't bad though. The trip to go there is too much of a hassle unfortunately.

There were only 2 games that dropped on the sheet where I'm at and they go in effect 2/9. They were:

NDS
Carnival Games - $29-$19
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $29-$19

Also, I'm not sure if this is still doable, but if it is, could you put the TRU logo next to this thread. Make it a bit easier to find out of all the other threads. If not thats ok as well, just figured I'd ask.

I picked up everything of interest for the PS3, but realize now I can't use it, damn Sony. My store still has oodles and oodles of the PS3 versions, but the 360 titles are selling fast. Seems all the clearance PS3 titles I'm getting (FEAR/Timeshift/etc) are worthless to me. Meh.. More 360 goodness needs to come out of the pike :D

In the past 2 days I've been to all 3 local TRU stores (Western NY) and the best things I've found for PS3 are All Star Football $9.98 and Golden Compass. I have been searching to get ahold of a copy of FEAR.

Hey I forgot to mention that the 2 games they were just markdowns at $19.99 and not clearance. I'll try to specify markdowns and clearance prices in the future, sorry. And thanks for adding the tru logo!! :)

[quote name='Tallboy2005']Hey I forgot to mention that the 2 games they were just markdowns at $19.99 and not clearance. I'll try to specify markdowns and clearance prices in the future, sorry. And thanks for adding the tru logo!! :)[/quote]
You must have a really small store if you only had two Rzone markdowns for this week.

[quote name='life.exe']You must have a really small store if you only had two Rzone markdowns for this week.[/quote]

Haha, it is. We still have the small glass case, we never received the tall glass case that most stores have haha. Is there any other markdowns (perferibly 360 games) life?

[quote name='Tallboy2005']Haha, it is. We still have the small glass case, we never received the tall glass case that most stores have haha. Is there any other markdowns (perferibly 360 games) life?[/quote]

Yeah, probably about 10-20 more for my store, but I only post the clearance stuff.

I found Elite Beat Agents (NDS) for $5 at TRU in Matteson, IL. They still had 2 copies left. Also Madden 08 (PS2) for 9.98

Picked up Mass Effect and Orange Box (360) at the Honolulu, HI TRU for $9.98 each.
They had a lot of copies left for both games.
They did not have the PS3 Orange Box though.

Advance Wars: Day of Ruin 19.98 at my TRU and lots of Guitar Hero related stuffs along with some All Pro Football 2k8 and NBA Ballers for 9.98 . No Orange Box sadly.

I would be willing to Paypal someone to pick up Orange Box (360) for me at 9.98. Local TRU has garbage selection when it comes to games. :( PM me if you're willing to help!

[quote name='HydroX']I would be willing to Paypal someone to pick up Orange Box (360) for me at 9.98. Local TRU has garbage selection when it comes to games. :( PM me if you're willing to help![/quote]

Sure man, no problem. Wait, this isn't the
~Official~ Trade Your TRU Clearance Games Thread

Sorry, can't help you.

[quote name='shoe478']Sure man, no problem. Wait, this isn't the
~Official~ Trade Your TRU Clearance Games Thread

Sorry, can't help you.[/quote]

Well, obviously I can't post in the trade section since I'm new... so I'm supposed to wait the 30 days before I can ask for help?

I've already offered to help other people in other threads.

Sorry if I pissed off the post police. Please officer, don't shoot!

Edit: Besides, is there even a thread LIKE that? I searched the first few pages of the trade section and came up empty.

[quote name='HydroX']Well, obviously I can't post in the trade section since I'm new... so I'm supposed to wait the 30 days before I can ask for help?

I've already offered to help other people in other threads.

Sorry if I pissed off the post police. Please officer, don't shoot![/QUOTE]

Yes, being new here is exactly the reason why you can't post in the trading forum. Just wait your 30 days then post away.

Yes, you wait 30 days like everybody else.

Newbie + no feedback on CAG? You're going to fall in with the other Disappeared People. Obey the rules, and don't threadcrap. In 30 days, you can post your trades, until then, quit your whining. Next window please!

[quote name='jaysapathy']Yes, you wait 30 days like everybody else.

Newbie + no feedback on CAG? You're going to fall in with the other Disappeared People. Obey the rules, and don't threadcrap. In 30 days, you can post your trades, until then, quit your whining. Next window please![/quote]

I understand that being new here comes with restrictions - as it should. Things happen. Respect needs to be earned.

Seeing how people are saying they spot, say, 10 copies of The Orange Box at their store, and my store has 0, I see it as no harm asking for assistance in acquiring said game. It's not like I'm spamming the thread with OMGZ GUISE PLZ TO HELP MEHZ!

Either way, my apologies as I didn't know that asking for fellow CAGer assistance was against the rules. And if there is a thread I should be posting in, may I ask you to point me in the direction of where to go? I did a quick search and came up empty. Hence why I posted here.

Thanks OP, got a copy of Mass Effect for $10, so now I have no excuse not to try it. I am not an RPG guy, but I thought this one looked really good.

Just a heads up but for anyone in or near the Rockville, MD area the store in the Mid-Pike Plaza had something like 10-15 copies of the Orange Box (9.98) when I was there just a few minutes ago. Not much else though outside of a couple copies of NFS Prostreet on the 360.

The one on Sawyer / La Cienega, Los Angeles has a stack of 360 Orange Box's, some PS3 Unreal Tournament, but no PS3 OB or any FEAR.

The White Plains, NY store had about 40 copies of Orange Box for 360 for 10 and they also have about 10 Perfect Dark Zero for 5.

when I went to get my Shaymin pokemon from TRU, browsed a bit and saw one God of War 2 that was a red greatest hits label with a red tag for $9.98

[quote name='yourlefthand']I got an email from TRU advertising 20% off clearance in-store starting Friday. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up.[/quote]
It's time to bring in receipts for price adjustments. :D

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']It's time to bring in receipts for price adjustments. :D[/quote]
Thats a exclent idear I just bought 3 clearance games from them last week. gives me a chance to see what else they might have marked down.

TRU in Sandy, UT have a few OB for both PS3 & XBox360. They also have quite a bit of Mass Effect. I didn't checked others, I just picked up OB for PS3 for myself.

[quote name='time2roleplay']Thats a exclent idear I just bought 3 clearance games from them last week. gives me a chance to see what else they might have marked down.[/quote]
YMMV. I know TRU in Salem, OR wouldn't do price adjustment on clearance items, unless they still have them in stock. Getting them to price adjust clearance stuff is like pulling teeth of their mouth.

Went to TRU in GSO, NC...picked up Mass Effect and Blacksite: Area 51 for $10 each. There were a number of copies of Mass Effect there.

I just picked up Mass Effect for $10 + tax from TRU in Woburn, MA. They had several copies but no other games of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back