The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prim4444']A few updates for 2/23

142331 XB360 HD DVD Player $49.98 - $20.00
975386 DS Nintendogs Tin Kit $29.99 - $15.98
652426 PSP Traveler Case $19.99 - $10.98
807866 Wii Zelda Mega Backpack $5.98 - $2.00
026274 PS3 Chillstream $19.98 - $10.98

480121 NDS Puzzle De Harvest $29.99 - $9.98
480293 NDS John Harvest $29.99 - $9.98[/quote]

$20 for the :hd: drive?

Maybe I'll nab a back up, just in case.

:whistle2:k

480293 NDS John Harvest $29.99 - $9.98[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Any chance other stores may have additional games on clearance that weren't in stock at your store? Nevertheless, Puzzle De Harvest Moon is mighty tempting at $9.98.

Erm, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Puzzle De Harvest Moon has been $4.99 at GameStop forever. I picked up two copies used @ 3.99 around Christmas.

I'll get the list updated today, and make it all sexified.

[quote name='Josef']Thanks for the update. Any chance other stores may have additional games on clearance that weren't in stock at your store? Nevertheless, Puzzle De Harvest Moon is mighty tempting at $9.98.[/quote]

There could be... All these have quantities of 1 at my store.

I got an email from TRU offering me $10 off an online purchase of $50+ - did everyone get one of these?

Anyway there's a code to enter at checkout. If you're interested, pm me and I send you the code in case it's a one-time deal. It expires on 2/28 and can't be used on breast pump rental fees or video game hardware. Sorry lactaters!

[quote name='jaysapathy']Erm, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Puzzle De Harvest Moon has been $4.99 at GameStop forever. I picked up two copies used @ 3.99 around Christmas.

I'll get the list updated today, and make it all sexified.[/QUOTE]

Was it part of a promotion or something? I'm seeing $9.99 New / $8.99 Used, which is what I've been seeing for a while. Even I would've picked up a gutted copy for $4.99.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65062

480293 NDS John Harvest $29.99 - $9.98[/quote]

Thanks for the update, prim4444. In for the 360 HDDVD player at $20 (if I can find it).

Heads up, silver Gamecube controller should be 12.98 tomorrow as well. I Believe 3 month Live membership is around 14.98 tomorrow too, but all I remember offhand.

Finally, picked up The Orange Box for $6.98 after coupon. It was the last copy at the TRU in Culver city, CA. I forgot to ask about the 360 HD DVD player when I was there. I'll just ask tomorrow at a TRU that is closer to me.

There's two HD-DVDs left (confirmed at $20) at the Wyomissing, Pa., store.

Offtopic: emg28, your Warsong avatar and Calvin sig are awesome.

[quote name='burbs1989']Something else I saw today at NY Huntington Sta TRU:
Nintendo Wii Component cables $9.98[/quote]

Were they the official ones? If so, guess I'd better go back. :)

[quote name='salty tbone']Were they the official ones? If so, guess I'd better go back. :)[/quote]

Yep. Noticed this last week. I kind of wish I didn't buy these back at launch. :bomb:

[quote name='emg28']Finally, picked up The Orange Box for $6.98 after coupon. It was the last copy at the TRU in Culver city, CA. I forgot to ask about the 360 HD DVD player when I was there. I'll just ask tomorrow at a TRU that is closer to me.[/quote]

I doubt you'll find an HD-DVD player at any TRU in Los Angeles County. Good Luck though.

Picked up two copies of The Godfather: LE for PS2 this morning for Goozex (500 pts apiece, assuming someone actually goes for one). LE's kind of cool, but I was expecting a steelbook case or something.

I was trying to play it with my new Logitech PS3 controller, only to find out that for whatever reason the left thumbstick and the arrow keys have been reversed. It doesn't do this on my Sixaxis, just the Logi.. grr :/

Didn't see anything posted on this, just picked up the 120GB hard drive for Xbox 360 for $75.98 in NY. Not sure if this is new clearance price or YMMV.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I was trying to play it with my new Logitech PS3 controller, only to find out that for whatever reason the left thumbstick and the arrow keys have been reversed.[/quote]

Man, that really stinks. Although, to be honest, it kind of made me laugh, probably because it's not me.

[quote name='stavros45']Didn't see anything posted on this, just picked up the 120GB hard drive for Xbox 360 for $75.98 in NY. Not sure if this is new clearance price or YMMV.[/quote]

I don't think I've ever seen HDD at TRU. Anyone else have any idea if this is clearance or just a fluke?

:psp:Monster Hunter Freedom 2 $9.98

Wasn't marked with a clearance tag but it was stickered $9.98 and was in the bin with a lot of other $9.98 games. (White tags) Nothing else of note that I can recall though.

Also picked up a Black Creative Zen Stone 2GB for $16.98 The reds were still $31.98.

I got the last one at Carle Place TRU on Long Island for $75! I've been looking for a deal on this one for months.

[quote name='placebo1']:psp:Monster Hunter Freedom 2 $9.98

Wasn't marked with a clearance tag but it was stickered $9.98 and was in the bin with a lot of other $9.98 games. (White tags) Nothing else of note that I can recall though.

Also picked up a Black Creative Zen Stone 2GB for $16.98 The reds were still $31.98.[/QUOTE]

That's a nice new addition. I wonder if there's anything else that snuck by us.

Dont wanna threadjack but here in Phoenix, AZ I picked up some xb360 VGA cables for $9.99 each. A friggin score since i can play 360 @ work on the overhead in a conf. room :)

A little randomness. Just so for those of you that don't know, I work at TRU.

I was on break when my mother came to visit me. RIGHT after she walked in, another woman walked and asked me if this is where you get the vaccinations. :whistle2:s

You should have been like "Yea baby, why don't you come on over here my dear..."

Anyway... anyone else seen the harddrive that low? Would be worth checking a couple for that price.

[quote name='JeffwithSwag']So you basically just posted this to tell us you got a nice deal? Isn't there a different forum for that?

I mean.. You got the last one, so we can't get one. You post a crap deal that is only on Long Island? Wow... :applause:[/QUOTE]

I suggest you learn and understand the concept of how clearance threads work.

[quote name='JeffwithSwag']So you basically just posted this to tell us you got a nice deal? Isn't there a different forum for that?

I mean.. You got the last one, so we can't get one. You post a crap deal that is only on Long Island? Wow... :applause:[/quote]

What gives dude? I found out that somebody else in NY got the same price on here from cag so I called my local store and ended up getting the last one-- I'm posting it for others to check their stores and see if they have it for that price...

50% off the most expensive 360 accessory is hardly a crap deal, and I have no idea if it's only on Long Island.

I mean.. You got the last one, so we can't get one. You post a crap deal that is only on Long Island? Wow... :applause:[/QUOTE]

He's letting us know to check our local TRU's if we're in the market for a 120 GB 360 HD because they're ON CLEARANCE at TRU :roll: It's not just a Long Island deal.

Not seeing anyone except him talking about finding the harddrive on clearance -- until I have another person confirm it, I won't put it on the list. No sense in starting a fire sale over something that was mispriced.

Cleaned up the list a little today. The 2/23 drops are now integreated into the rest of the list.

BTW Blacksite Area 51 and Viva Pinata Party Animals are 10 and 5 bucks respectively (for 360). Didn't see it in the list but they've been like that for a while.

[quote name='stavros45']Didn't see anything posted on this, just picked up the 120GB hard drive for Xbox 360 for $75.98 in NY. Not sure if this is new clearance price or YMMV.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gordiet']I got the last one at Carle Place TRU on Long Island for $75! I've been looking for a deal on this one for months.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaysapathy']Not seeing anyone except him talking about finding the harddrive on clearance -- until I have another person confirm it, I won't put it on the list. No sense in starting a fire sale over something that was mispriced.

Cleaned up the list a little today. The 2/23 drops are now integreated into the rest of the list.[/QUOTE]

It looks like two people have mentioned the hard drive in the last couple of days. Of course, they both mentioned they got it at a NY store, so they may have picked it up at the same store.

For whatever reason, clearence dosen't even exist at my local target. Theres not even a bin with cheap games!

[quote name='Pavelboca']For whatever reason, clearence dosen't even exist at my local target. Theres not even a bin with cheap games![/quote]

It must really bother you if you feel the need to post about it in the TRU thread.

[quote name='shoe478']It must really bother you if you feel the need to post about it in the TRU thread.[/QUOTE]

Somebody also posted their Target clearance finds in the KMart clearance thread. Not sure why Target clearance talk seems to be running on into other threads.

Haha maybe he accidentally read Target instead of Toys-R-Us.. pretty funny haha.

I heard they're going to have 2 for $30 on games marked $19.99 pretty soon.. I was just wondering, is Burnout Paradise $19.99 at TRU ? If it is.. I think I know what to use my GCs on.. :p

[quote name='cupcakex1']Haha maybe he accidentally read Target instead of Toys-R-Us.. pretty funny haha.

I heard they're going to have 2 for $30 on games marked $19.99 pretty soon.. I was just wondering, is Burnout Paradise $19.99 at TRU ? If it is.. I think I know what to use my GCs on.. :p[/QUOTE]

Yes, just saw it today actually. I plan on picking that and probably Lego Star Wars on Sunday.

It should be ill double check at my store tommarow.

O yeah this one might be ymmv cause prices that end in 0 are sometimes managers clearance but the official wii componet cables were $3.00 at my store. I picked 1 up at my store for 3.00 I thought cant really loose lol. No new clearance for today obv if you guys didnt notice. When I get the new markdown list ill see if they have any new clearance games.

For anyone that picked up the 4$ 360 HD Cables PM me I'm in need of them!

and if there was a TRU clearance trading forum pardon me. I couldn't find it.

[quote name='shoe478']It must really bother you if you feel the need to post about it in the TRU thread.[/quote]

Ouch! I meant Toys R Us. Lol my bad.

Picked up UT3 at 9.98 (FINALLY went down at my store) for me and a friend.

Lots of games disappeared since I was last there, and what's funny is there weren't any new drops (other than UT3, which there were still a lot of copies of at 9.98) for 2 weeks.

Still waiting on Soul Caliber 4 to drop. Sitting at 29.98 right now. Sigh.

[quote name='Josef']Somebody also posted their Target clearance finds in the KMart clearance thread. Not sure why Target clearance talk seems to be running on into other threads.[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='Josef']It looks like two people have mentioned the hard drive in the last couple of days. Of course, they both mentioned they got it at a NY store, so they may have picked it up at the same store.[/quote]

I picked up my HD from the TRU in Holbrook...different store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back