The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is there more than one verification about the % off clearance stuff? I'd like to put it in the master thread, but one person a confirm does not equal. Screenshot would be nice too :p

[quote name='jaysapathy']So is there more than one verification about the % off clearance stuff? I'd like to put it in the master thread, but one person a confirm does not equal. Screenshot would be nice too :p[/QUOTE]

tru.jpg

Hmmm.... Might have to go on a Mass Effect hunt myself this weekend.... Hopefully I can pick up the Orange Box as well

[quote name='drtomoe123']Picked up Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations for $9.98.[/quote]

Weird, it was $9.98 last drop so it should've went to $5.

[quote name='shoe478']Weird, it was $9.98 last drop so it should've went to $5.[/QUOTE]

Not all the $9.98 games from the last drop fell to $5. For example, the Buzz games stayed at $9.98 (I would've picked up some of those for $5).

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I saw PS2 Dual Shock 2's on clearance for $14.98 each.

Picked up the Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle for $27.98 with the 20% off. It was an impulse buy... don't know if I'm gonna keep it or not yet.

[quote name='horriblehager']does anyone know if the guitar hero ds system and game bundle classified as a clearance item?[/quote]

It should. All clearance items end in either .x8 or .x0

Not all clearance items will have the 20% taken off automatically so you might have to get an adjustment on some things.

[quote name='horriblehager']does anyone know if the guitar hero ds system and game bundle classified as a clearance item?[/QUOTE]

I scanned it at my local store and it came up $119.98 after 20% off. I was also told by an employee that it also qualifies with the current sale when you buy any ds system, a game and accessory, you get an additional 25% off your total!!!

No new clearance games on monday again. Price drops on TNA impact was all I saw, but some ps2 accesories are gonna go down to clearance like the multi-tap might be worth picking up with the extra 20 percent. I think it was around 18 before extra 20 percent not sure sorry.

Thanks for posting about the 20% off sale, went back today without a receipt for my purchases from the 1/26 price drops (it was at home, didn't see this about the sale til I was at work and TRU is on the way home). Manager was working the customer service register, was sure he was going to flip out-- he wasn't thrilled about it (having to look up my receipt, he kept asking "Now *which* of these games are on sale?" and I sheepishly said "All of them" and he just rolled his eyes) but gave me the 20% off my previous clearance purchases, except for Juiced 2 which was at $5 (I think it's been established previous times they've had sales on clearance prices that any "$x.00" like $5.00 price doesn't drop farther).

But I got $14 back so I was happy (and pretty amazed).

Well it might be YMMV but you can get the 20 off 5.00 games. Last year I got a copy of Splinter Cell Double Agent for the Ps3 for 5.00 and after the 20 it came out to 4. So you can but on the price adjustment part its YMMV. Plus when they handed out those 5 dollar off ds games I got chocobo tales for 20 cents or something like that cause it was on clearance for 5.00 now that was a great deal lol.

Orange Box for $8 has me salivating. Stupid question: if a TRU didn't have it 2 weeks ago when I looked they shouldn't have it now, correct?

[quote name='safire']Orange Box for $8 has me salivating. Stupid question: if a TRU didn't have it 2 weeks ago when I looked they shouldn't have it now, correct?[/quote]

You are correct sir. Usually they won't get any more in, unless someone returns it and they put it back on the shelf.

[quote name='happyorangeman']You are correct sir. Usually they won't get any more in, unless someone returns it and they put it back on the shelf.[/quote]

I would not be so sure about that because it all depends on how much stock is in the area stores and if your store sells more stuff then lets say the other 2 with the over flowing clearance bins they will ship them to the stores that are actually getting the clearance stuff to sell

Perfect example was this one by me that had at least 30 Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2 and they sold out wuick at $5 and then the guy told me they kept getting boxes of them form the other area stores because we were selling them lol... Made a good Ebay item when MGS4 spiked the interest. ;)

[quote name='safire']Orange Box for $8 has me salivating. Stupid question: if a TRU didn't have it 2 weeks ago when I looked they shouldn't have it now, correct?[/quote]

Depends really, if the warehouse has any left they ship em out to get rid of them all, but mostly its no. I know becuase the clearance toys we get we usually get more from the warehouse cause they have them left. It doesnt hurt to check unless its a far drive.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Does this make guitar hero aerosmith 27.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Organ Donor']Picked up the Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle for $27.98 with the 20% off.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

I picked up Guitar Hero On Tour DS Lite Bundle, a set of screen protectors/stylus's, and Advance Wars Day of Ruin for $118 after tax. Not bad at all.

The receipt shows $89.98 for the DS Lite after the 20 + 25% discounts. I dont think i'd bother with returning the game & accessory though.

[quote name='deadpool1']Got the Orange Box on ps3 for $8 today.[/quote]

I hope you are the last person to post this.

Anyway, I saw an Eye of Judgment Theme Deck for $6.98. They usually are $14.99. These are different than the Booster packs that are $.98.

[quote name='Josef']Not all the $9.98 games from the last drop fell to $5. For example, the Buzz games stayed at $9.98 (I would've picked up some of those for $5).

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I saw PS2 Dual Shock 2's on clearance for $14.98 each.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed the Eye Play 2 Bundle hasn't dropped at all. Hell, it may have even went up a little.

I got my prices adjusted for Orange Box and Mass Effect at TRU today.
From $10 each to $8 each.

I got my 5 games price adjusted to $7.49 each :hot: I was expecting $8 each but the computer credited $2.49 back for each game. Not sure why but I wasn't complaining.

weird...I thought I had already posted this a couple hours ago, but don't see my post.

Got:
2x Gamecube Platinum system - $39.99 each
1x Mass Effect $7.98

So I used a $5 off and $3 off certificate I got in the mail when I bought some stuff last week. Will those stick when I get it adjusted or will they only make it 20% total, including those? I'd still save a bit as the coupons get spread across all the items you buy. I went to TRU today and it didn't even occur to me to bring my receipts to adjust. What a dumbass :roll:.

I also should pick up one of those DS Guitar Hero bundles if I can find it. My son actually wants the On Tour game and I picked it up for $19.99 (game + accessory) last week - one of the very few actual weekly ad deals that I've partaken of in a long time. But I just knew there was something better lurking in the shadows - there always is ;).

Posted this in the TRU weekly thread (through 2/14) but it's gone now.

The 20% off clearance deal stacks with the 25% off purchase of a DS/game/accessory deal. I got a Guitar Hero DS system bundle (clearance), a matching brown leather case (clearance), and Guitar Hero: Decades (on sale) for $107 plus tax.

Picked up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for about $3 after $25 GC from the RB2 deal back in December. Now I have a complete band :)

There were a bunch left in the electronics dept at the Clackamas, OR TRU.

My local TRU (Tigard, OR) virtually has almost no games in the display case. It looks so barren. The holidays must've massacred it. An employee said they haven't received any new games since that time. They weren't kidding...

[quote name='MasterSun1']My local TRU (Tigard, OR) virtually has almost no games in the display case. It looks so barren. The holidays must've massacred it. An employee said they haven't received any new games since that time. They weren't kidding...[/quote]

That store probably wont be there much longer.

Also, this isnt clearance but Your In the Movies dropped from $69 to $39 today.

[quote name='MasterSun1']My local TRU (Tigard, OR) virtually has almost no games in the display case. It looks so barren. The holidays must've massacred it. An employee said they haven't received any new games since that time. They weren't kidding...[/quote]
That store was awesome. I price adjusted my clearance game purchases 2 weeks ago with no problem. The same cannot be said about the Salem, OR store.

Blah - all these locals!! :whee:

[quote name='oxidative']Picked up Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for about $3 after $25 GC from the RB2 deal back in December. Now I have a complete band :)

There were a bunch left in the electronics dept at the Clackamas, OR TRU.[/QUOTE]

That store is usually an utter waste for clearance. I was there a few days ago and saw NOTHING on clearance at all. They don't even have a bin any more (except for a lame one outside electronics - so yeah, I guess I saw something but I can't even remember what was in there it was so lame). I guess I missed the GH:A but I still wouldn't have gotten it there as I got one from Best Buy before Christmas for $30.

[quote name='MasterSun1']My local TRU (Tigard, OR) virtually has almost no games in the display case. It looks so barren. The holidays must've massacred it. An employee said they haven't received any new games since that time. They weren't kidding...[/QUOTE]

This store, on the other hand, is usually pretty decent. I went in there the day these last drops happened and they had Orange Box for 360 and Fire Emblem for Wii and I think lots of other stuff - even with the correct $9.98/$19.98/etc shelf tags. When I went back there the other day (completely forgetting to bring my receipts to adjust for the 20% off) I still saw a Fire Emblem hidden behind some other games. But yeah, at that point it was pretty wiped out. It still kicks Clackamas's ass though - that store sucks.

[quote name='eau']That store was awesome. I price adjusted my clearance game purchases 2 weeks ago with no problem. The same cannot be said about the Salem, OR store.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had remembered to do that!

So I want to know which one of you guys wiped out all the decent BBV $9.99 disc-only games from every store within 30 miles? ;)

Just PM'ed my clearance titles and got $20 back! Great news, but the guy said he wasn't supposed to adjust clearance titles. So definite YMMV on price adjusting clearance titles.

[quote name='io']Blah - all these locals!! :whee:

So I want to know which one of you guys wiped out all the decent BBV $9.99 disc-only games from every store within 30 miles? ;)[/QUOTE]

Bah, you said it, chief... All I want is a $10 No More Heroes and 360 Orange Box from TRU!!! Is that too much to ask?!? ;)

[quote name='io']So I want to know which one of you guys wiped out all the decent BBV $9.99 disc-only games from every store within 30 miles? ;)[/quote]
Not me. I only picked up Orange Box, Frontlines: Fuels of War and ProStreet (all 360). I could only went up there in the weekend following the drop and they still had multiple copies of those left. I wanted Mass Effect and No More Heroes but couldn't find them.

EDIT: damnit. I didn't know they had Fire Emblem Wii #-oToo bad all the FYE in our area do not sell new games, otherwise, they might have one for $10.

[quote name='io']Blah - all these locals!! :whee:[/quote]

[Marathon]They're everywhere! Ahhh.[/Marathon]

[quote name='io']So I want to know which one of you guys wiped out all the decent BBV $9.99 disc-only games from every store within 30 miles? ;)[/quote]

I can't stand BBV. I couldn't even tell you where to find one near my house!

I would really love No More Heroes for $10 as well! The only clearance I found from the last round of drops (not counting GH:A) was Mass Effect. Lame.

[quote name='io']Blah - all these locals!! :whee:
This store, on the other hand, is usually pretty decent. I went in there the day these last drops happened and they had Orange Box for 360 and Fire Emblem for Wii and I think lots of other stuff - even with the correct $9.98/$19.98/etc shelf tags. When I went back there the other day (completely forgetting to bring my receipts to adjust for the 20% off) I still saw a Fire Emblem hidden behind some other games. But yeah, at that point it was pretty wiped out. It still kicks Clackamas's ass though - that store sucks.

So I want to know which one of you guys wiped out all the decent BBV $9.99 disc-only games from every store within 30 miles? ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't touch any Blockbusters. As far as the Tigard, OR TRU goes, I went there early on and they had like 6+ The Orange Box :360: which I picked up even though i don't own a 360, but no :ps3: ones. They also had 5+ Fire Emblems :wii:, but I passed as I already owned a copy and didn't feel like paying $20 ($10 would've been the spot). I did pick up UT3 though the other day after not noticing it the first time around.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Hmmm.... Might have to go on a Mass Effect hunt myself this weekend.... Hopefully I can pick up the Orange Box as well[/QUOTE]

No mass effect, but I did get the OJ box and NHL 08 for 8 bucks a pop. Woohoo!

Dunno if anyone is from the Southern california area and I dunno if this was posted yet BUT I had the "pleasure" of sitting at the DMV for 3 hours and I saw that there was a TRU down the street. I went in just to see if there was anything from the list and low and behold a STACK of Orange Box for 360 just SITTING there...too bad I picked up half life 2 and Ep1&2 for PC from the CC clearance a while ago...:cry: but they were for $7 each so I guess it's allright...

almost considered picking it up anyways for team fortress 2 but I figured I'll pick it up soon from BB after I'm done playing SF4 :lol:

It was the Redlands, CA store BTW the one off of Alabama St.

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']It was the Redlands, CA store BTW the one off of Alabama St.[/quote]

Bah, too far away from me. I'm in Socal but I haven't been able to find Orange Box 360.

Both TRUs that I've checked don't have much in stock (as far as clearance games go). It looks like they're about to start remodeling both stores since the "R" Zone in each store is pretty much bare (one is adding a BRU). Most of their games are locked up in the glass case except for Wii and DS games.

[quote name='Zincdust']Bah, you said it, chief... All I want is a $10 No More Heroes and 360 Orange Box from TRU!!! Is that too much to ask?!? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, you definitely missed the $10 Orange Box at Tigard - I saw 'em there too (was probably in after mastersun1 since he gets to these places quick). I didn't buy it since I picked it up used for like $26 from Gamestop and have yet to play it :bomb:. I was hearing over and over on CAG what a great value it was at $59.99 with all those awesome games that I bought into the hype and didn't think it would ever drop below $30 new. What a fool I was ;).

I was kind of joking about people wiping out the BBV games - they really didn't get much in and what the employees didn't snap up the regular Joe non-CAG customers jumped all over. Oh well, I managed to get a few things anyway.

Back to TRU - I definitely need to try some price adjusting. When does the 20% off end? Edit: Wait, the OP says "clearance sale ended". I assume that means the extra 20% off and not the clearance prices in general? Damn, really stupid of me not to bring my receipts with me when I went in there anyway.

[quote name='io']Back to TRU - I definitely need to try some price adjusting. When does the 20% off end? Edit: Wait, the OP says "clearance sale ended". I assume that means the extra 20% off and not the clearance prices in general? Damn, really stupid of me not to bring my receipts with me when I went in there anyway.[/quote]

Yeah the extra 20% off ended on the 16th.

[quote name='MasterSun1']As far as the Tigard, OR TRU goes, ...[/quote]

I ended up getting the
iconps3.gif
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith bundle there on Saturday morning for the extra 20% off at $27.98. There was one more left after I got mine. It's a decent game, and nice to have an extra guitar for Rock Band. I also got my
iconwii.gif
Fire Emblem adjusted.

A few updates for 2/23

142331 XB360 HD DVD Player $49.98 - $20.00
975386 DS Nintendogs Tin Kit $29.99 - $15.98
652426 PSP Traveler Case $19.99 - $10.98
807866 Wii Zelda Mega Backpack $5.98 - $2.00
026274 PS3 Chillstream $19.98 - $10.98

480121 NDS Puzzle De Harvest $29.99 - $9.98
480293 NDS John Harvest $29.99 - $9.98

[quote name='emg28']Bah, too far away from me. I'm in Socal but I haven't been able to find Orange Box 360.

Both TRUs that I've checked don't have much in stock (as far as clearance games go). It looks like they're about to start remodeling both stores since the "R" Zone in each store is pretty much bare (one is adding a BRU). Most of their games are locked up in the glass case except for Wii and DS games.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they still have some in the clearance bin at the Fullerton TRU on Orangethrope/Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back