The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Which store was this? Did they have to manually adjust the prices?[/QUOTE]

Mission Viejo, And yes, they had to manually adjust the prices. It was weird...at first it came up as it should...then it changed...idk.

Updates will be sporadic at best over the next few days -- heading out of town (to Vegas!). But I'll do what I can from my hotel room, if needs be.

[quote name='MrSpug']Mission Viejo, And yes, they had to manually adjust the prices. It was weird...at first it came up as it should...then it changed...idk.[/QUOTE]

Mind selling a Terminator to me?! :D

No clamshell point cards at the store near me. The manager working in the R Zone didn't even know anything about a $10 off Live products sale.

[quote name='regis100']I never see these. (3 different stores in 2 states.) Are they out in the open, or behind the counter, or do you have to ask for them?[/QUOTE]

Behind the counter in Fairless Hills, Pa.

I was at the Fairless Hills TRU last night - they still have 2 Resistances 2 left behind the glass - and Terminator Salvation was ringing at 29.99.

And I see at least 2 other Fairless Hills CAGs stalking my same hunting grounds :)

My store has the Activate at the Register 1600 cards with a sticker stuck to the front one saying "$10 off" also. I'll feel bad if I make them honor it knowing it was a simple mistake/mismarking.

Just a heads up to any CAGS living near the Toys R US on El Camino in Sunnyvale California. They have 7 Resistance 2 CE bundles for $30 right now. The guy working there told me they just never sold and no one ever goes looking for them. A great pickup at a great price.

[quote name='J7.']Reposting this link so it doesn't get buried.[/QUOTE]
Can confirm the prices at my TRU matched the link, http://www.gamersfactory.com/. I just traded in about 5 games to check out the process and the prices were right on. Process was pretty painless and convenient. Normally I go through amazon but some of the latest stories, and no bonuses, figured I would give them a shot. Worked out pretty well given the latest deals with upcoming gift cards with new releases.

[quote name='prim4444']Sorry guys, no new updates to report of. Looks like next weeks clearance drops are all back to school stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they're going to keep clearances on the light side for now since their annual B2G1F sale in Oct.

Today, current generation Ipods went on clearance to make space for the new versions. I don't know all the prices, but i did see Nano's with a price of $128.98. You might want to check your local stores.

[quote name='Vinny']Thanks for the info. I wonder if they're going to keep clearances on the light side for now since their annual B2G1F sale in Oct.[/QUOTE]

I'm still a newbie with finding deals and prior to moving to Florida I hadn't been to a Toy's R Us in years, I can't even remember the last time I was at one. Anyway, I'm not familiar with how they handle the B2G1F deal. Is it any title and any price, buy two, get a third (lowest price of course) for free? Or do they have stipulations?

Just trying to decide if I should get some of the upcoming deals, or wait until this sale hits.

Thanks!

Toys R Us in Lake Grove, NY is in the process of moving locations so they have discounts on everything in the store. All the games are 20% off so I was able to pick up a Resistance 2 Collectors edition for 23.98 before tax. Just wanted to tell any Long Islanders that may be reading this thread because they had 3 more copies behind the R-Zone counter. :D

No go on the $10 1600 point cards, but did find Kane and Lynch for PS3 for $5. Central NJ.

No other games listed on the front page were even in the store. Also no go on Terminator, it was $30.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I'm still a newbie with finding deals and prior to moving to Florida I hadn't been to a Toy's R Us in years, I can't even remember the last time I was at one. Anyway, I'm not familiar with how they handle the B2G1F deal. Is it any title and any price, buy two, get a third (lowest price of course) for free? Or do they have stipulations?

Just trying to decide if I should get some of the upcoming deals, or wait until this sale hits.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
In past B2G1 they have done any title and any price for the one people are referring to hopefully coming up soon. They do have other B2G1 that are different sometimes, like only DS games or Greatest Hits, etc. You could try getting the deals now and then return/rebuy maybe?

[quote name='J7.']In past B2G1 they have done any title and any price for the one people are referring to hopefully coming up soon. They do have other B2G1 that are different sometimes, like only DS games or Greatest Hits, etc. You could try getting the deals now and then return/rebuy maybe?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that was what I was hoping. Now I just need to decide when I'm going to buy what :D

Thanks again for the info.

Just got back from Toy's R Us. Traded in some games and was planning to use my giftcard to get three of the $10 point cards. Unfortunately, I missed out (knew I should have done it then)

However, I'm not sure if they actually took the signs down because they weren't supposed to be on sale to begin with, or if the sale actually ended today. When I was there the other day (Tuesday) they had big stacks of everything, like 2-3 inches so how many ever cards that would be :D, and they had several of those, probably three sets of stacks (at least for point cards) probably 2 for the 3 month live cards, etc. Basically, they had a ton of them, when I went today, they had about 10 or so 1600 point cards and a bunch of one month cards left. It seems to me that if they had them marked wrong it would have been pretty easy to realize it after the first person bought one and take it down. I don't think that they would have allowed that person to buy that many cards on the discount, nor do I think anyone would have bought that many at one time. Yes, they were cheap and a great deal, but it would have been a ton of money to buy them all.

Just seemed a little weird and thought I would share my upset with everyone :( Would have loved to pick a couple up at that price, kicking myself for being so stupid again, promised myself the last time I left some good deals I would do that again, guess that whole lesson learned thing isn't sinking in for me :D

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Just got back from Toy's R Us. Traded in some games and was planning to use my giftcard to get three of the $10 point cards. Unfortunately, I missed out (knew I should have done it then)

However, I'm not sure if they actually took the signs down because they weren't supposed to be on sale to begin with, or if the sale actually ended today. When I was there the other day (Tuesday) they had big stacks of everything, like 2-3 inches so how many ever cards that would be :D, and they had several of those, probably three sets of stacks (at least for point cards) probably 2 for the 3 month live cards, etc. Basically, they had a ton of them, when I went today, they had about 10 or so 1600 point cards and a bunch of one month cards left. It seems to me that if they had them marked wrong it would have been pretty easy to realize it after the first person bought one and take it down. I don't think that they would have allowed that person to buy that many cards on the discount, nor do I think anyone would have bought that many at one time. Yes, they were cheap and a great deal, but it would have been a ton of money to buy them all.

Just seemed a little weird and thought I would share my upset with everyone :( Would have loved to pick a couple up at that price, kicking myself for being so stupid again, promised myself the last time I left some good deals I would do that again, guess that whole lesson learned thing isn't sinking in for me :D[/QUOTE]
If they weren't the old clamshell plastic ones, I doubt anyone was able to buy more than 1 of the newer card style. So I'd say you didn't lose out because you wouldn't be able to buy them at the reduced price, or if you were really lucky maybe you'd have been able to purchase 1.

[quote name='J7.']If they weren't the old clamshell plastic ones, I doubt anyone was able to buy more than 1 of the newer card style. So I'd say you didn't lose out because you wouldn't be able to buy them at the reduced price, or if you were really lucky maybe you'd have been able to purchase 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if both the Xbox Live and the points were supposed to be in a clamshell, but neither were. It just seems a little odd that all the Xbox Live cards (except for the 1 month which weren't on sale) and about 90% or 95% of the point cards were gone. Since it seems this was an error, I would have expected them to honor the price for one person and then take the sign down, just seems weird that all of the cards were gone and the signs.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I'm not sure if both the Xbox Live and the points were supposed to be in a clamshell, but neither were. It just seems a little odd that all the Xbox Live cards (except for the 1 month which weren't on sale) and about 90% or 95% of the point cards were gone. Since it seems this was an error, I would have expected them to honor the price for one person and then take the sign down, just seems weird that all of the cards were gone and the signs.[/QUOTE]
That is a bit strange. I think 1600 points = clamshell needed, and the Live subs needed to be in the old cardboard boxes.

I was at Toy-R-US today and saw 10 copies of Folklore. I kind of got excited and had someone price checked for me and it rang up $59.99 :(

Oh well, picked up 2x ff crisis core psp for $8 each.

The Gamer's Factory(company running the TRU trade program)site has been down all weekend thus far. I guess they have to revamp some of the better TIV's after receiving a glut of games from those of us on CAG, huh? :lol:

That also means I should've already traded in Lair and the other games that're getting halfway decent amounts that I got from the Blockbuster BOGO before they drop to nothing, huh?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The Gamer's Factory(company running the TRU trade program)site has been down all weekend thus far. I guess they have to revamp some of the better TIV's after receiving a glut of games from those of us on CAG, huh? :lol:

That also means I should've already traded in Lair and the other games that're getting halfway decent amounts that I got from the Blockbuster BOGO before they drop to nothing, huh?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you seen the link posted by CheapyD in his blog about Toy's R Us trade in, but this is the actual Toy's R Us site for trading, it doesn't actually go through the Gamer's Factory:

http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

That is the site I used, it has been working all weekend. I traded two games Saturday and the prices matched on both. I was also going to trade Buzz! Quiz TV. Online it said $7 for the game only, in store they were telling me $6.30 for the entire bundle. Now, I'm not that cheap to get upset over $0.70, but, according to the Gamestop trade in value thread Gamestop is giving $8.25 for the game and $3.50 for the controllers, so I decided to keep it and use it toward the Bonus $20.

I never actually compared the values from the Toy's R Us site and the Gamer's Factory site, but it seems to me that they were giving a little more than what the Gamer Factory listed the values at, but again, I didn't actually check and the site seems to be down for me now as well.

I just saw the first post on the TRU trade-in thread that listed that site. So far I have close to $30 worth of games and that's only going by two titles (Folklore and Ratchet+Clank Future for PS3).

My TRU in Marion IL, sucks. Everything in the store is Full on retail. 49.99 for Terminator?- Really. I took about 5 differnt UPC tags up to the counter- all games rang up at full blow retail. The only thing that I found I clearance was the GH Areosmith bundle for the PS2 for 19.98.

Also, my store dosen't take game trade ins- so thats a nogo as well. Oh, yeah- and I saw no mention in the store anywhere about the B1G1 50% off Platinum Hits. Wont be suprised if Scribblenauts 15$ coupon is non-exsistant. Good news is, I dont have to waste my time trying to find deals there.

Mreko I was just at that TRU today (visiting family) and they had a sign on the front door for the game trade-ins. They should do the gift card, as that's a national promotion.

But yeah the clearance there does suck. They did have the Eye of Judgement starters for $7 and the STL area stores don't have them.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']No Dice On Terminator at 4 TRU's in my area :([/QUOTE]

Guys, please save your gas. I spoke to a manager at a store that had the deal last week and he said it was in fact a mistake (which is why they had to do the adjustments manually) and they received a memo from corporate telling them to take down the $10 sign. The only valid deal you will find for the game at TRU right now is $29.99.

[quote name='bojay1997']Guys, please save your gas. I spoke to a manager at a store that had the deal last week and he said it was in fact a mistake (which is why they had to do the adjustments manually) and they received a memo from corporate telling them to take down the $10 sign. The only valid deal you will find for the game at TRU right now is $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I don't know if this has been posted or not, I walked into my R-Zone today and saw that all the IPods were on clearance. I can't remember the prices off hand(I want to say $129.98 for the 8G Nano, not sure) but everything had clearance tags on them.

[quote name='prim4444']Also, I don't know if this has been posted or not, I walked into my R-Zone today and saw that all the IPods were on clearance. I can't remember the prices off hand(I want to say $129.98 for the 8G Nano, not sure) but everything had clearance tags on them.[/QUOTE]

Sounds right- the 8GB touch was 189.98 as I recall, but shuffles were not clearanced. Definately not a bad deal if you dont care about the new versions coming out.

[quote name='pqnet']Is Terminator Salvation worth to get for $29.99 ?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. It will be $20 very shortly and probably a lot less as the holidays approach.

I think I saw it for $15 used at Gamestop. 360 version

It was crap. I don't know why the hell it's so hard to make a good Terminator game. Seriously, all I want is scary robots and stuff blowing up. Doesn't that sound easy?

I used the Gamestop rental system for this one. :) I bought it, beat it in one day and then returned it, I was able to finished wanted in that same week.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']For Wii? Maybe they raised the price, I saw it for $9.98 months ago[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just assumed the Price was wrong on the rack. When the guy rung me up it was 19.98. I was pretty disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back